Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean Trundle is a niche pick that requires you actually know matchups but he's got a gimmick and that gimmick still works, especially in a jungle environment

also op.gg sucks, stop using it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Monathin posted:

I mean Trundle is a niche pick

Monthin posted:

Trundle is actually pretty drat good right now by pretty much any metric

Also, champion not found is way kinder to him than the other stat sites.

46% win rate

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I thought lolalytics.com was still the thread darling

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I thought lolalytics.com was still the thread darling

It's still what I use and Jungle Trundle still has around a ~48% WR there.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That one master yi who goes mid spams laugh and successfully tower dives you level one and does some weird flash meditation cancel to avoid turret fire?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Slaapaav posted:

trundle is garbage why would you play trundle. hes one of the worst champions in the game. lol alytics has rammus as a counter TO trundle

rammus is good but not a meta champion but picking him is him decent because he clears and ganks well. he can snowball pretty hard up to a point where champions like yi and yasuo can actually outscale him with their kits.

Have you not seen Trundle's ult has on tanks, especially aftershock abusers? The same will apply when aftershock+Rammus W are active, and after they fall off:
https://twitter.com/zirene/status/980223660760776704?lang=en
Ultimately the argument is kind of pointless as neither of them are common at all, much less the two facing off against eachother. Trundle is at best a pocket pick into supertank junglers. He's not a good pick into everything because he's been nerfed effectively out of his original role of good invader jungler because toplane ruins it for everyone and pillar is not a very good ganking tool. Rammus is at best a decent pick into a completely all AD comp and immediately gets worse the more mages are introduced. The more popular junglers right now (Xin, Graves, Kindred, etc) farm faster, safer, and will eat them alive if caught early. Point is Trundle is a funny pick into big tanks but right now big tanks just don't exist because outside of Nunu they flat out loving suck

:siren:edit:siren: hey, rinj is cool as hell and assisted in an experiment where a rank 3 W rammus with aftershock gets hit by a rank 1 trundle ult and
https://i.imgur.com/jOgubNe.gifv

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 14, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i dont like trundle because he beat me up once when i played tank nunu >:(

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
trundle is my second most played champion overall i think. i studied lol alytics a bit and won 5 out of 6 with him just now.

pta with overheal, alacrity and coup de grace. magic boots and approach velocity. successful trundle mains build bloodrazor for their jungle item so i went with that.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Could trundle still go top? Pillar could set up ganks.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you need to counter pick. there are many champions that stomp him. hes good vs irelia. hes kinda forced to rush tiamat to deal with most lanes though

hes decent as a support vs other melee supports. he can do well with support items and e max

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
I may just be bad but in my experience Trundle can eat Urgot's lunch if he's not careful.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I realize it's strange but master yi is actually really good right now, he's even seeing play in high elo for a change.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trundle is ridiculously powerful when used correctly and as far as niche picks go he's one of those whose niche is "a shitload of matches".

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I will not besmirch my good name and soil my account with yi

( I've wanted to give him a go for a while actually)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

I will not besmirch my good name and soil my account with yi

( I've wanted to give him a go for a while actually)

it's actually a fun as hell champion. It's just a shame that they nerfed his Q damage to creeps, because he was a decent lane pick before that. I have played a fair amount of mid Yi and it used to be sneaky good and viable but... not so much anymore.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I like playing mr yi, but he seems to have a bad reputation

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

pidan posted:

Its cos he's one of those champs like vayne, yasuo, riven etc. Either they get fed and just take the game over or they turbofeed and blame their team mates. No middle ground

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I never write in chat except "wp" or "lag"

or sometimes "sry"

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pidan posted:

he's up there with udyr with the type of people who play them are either turbo feeding and flaming their teammates or take over the game and will flame everybody equally

nobody good plays udyr/vayne/master yi/riven and if you have some soft spot for any of those champs you need to come to terms with yourself as a massive flaming butt

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

it's actually a fun as hell champion. It's just a shame that they nerfed his Q damage to creeps, because he was a decent lane pick before that. I have played a fair amount of mid Yi and it used to be sneaky good and viable but... not so much anymore.

The biggest nerf to lane Yi is when they gutted his AP ratios. :(

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

el dingo posted:

Its cos he's one of those champs like vayne, yasuo, riven etc. Either they get fed and just take the game over or they turbofeed and blame their team mates. No middle ground

Tbf I agree with the fed or feed part but Master Yi's mains aren't as toxic as Yasuo/Vayne/Riven.

Imo the most toxic players are Shaco one tricks, pretty much all their kills are literal KS's until they can 1 shot adc's. One thing Yi and Shaco mains have in common along with Udyr mains is when they randomly solo start baron, ping assist me. Also *splitpushing* even when the enemy is threatening your nexus, their recalls always happen late enough for you to lose the game.

They definitely have their similarities, getting a bunch of kills while doing nothing, splitpushing too much, overpriotizing objectives(dragon/baron/rift/crab).

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh hey I opened League for the first time in awhile today so I'm posting this. Malz is a good champ:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Is rammus any good right now?

I don't think Rammus has ever been bad. He's just kind of boring so nobody plays him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I don't think Rammus has ever been bad. He's just kind of boring so nobody plays him.

If you put Rammus' exact same kit on like a cool ninja or a tanky knight -type character then people would play the poo poo out of that champ. It's fun it just suffers from a completely uninteresting theme that people don't relate to.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its really fun being 10/0 on rammus and trying to play so aggressive that someone can actually kill you.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

If you put Rammus' exact same kit on like a cool ninja or a tanky knight -type character then people would play the poo poo out of that champ. It's fun it just suffers from a completely uninteresting theme that people don't relate to.

rammus lizard that turn into ball. 10/10

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Thematics are important, but his kit is pretty dull. It's not a bad kit, but it's one without much room for skill expression, and it can feel particularly frustrating to play into certain champs who can either out-speed you or stop your Powerball dead with a stun.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The main job of a tank is "get hit." Rammus is one of the tankiest champs in the game (maybe even the tankiest) so he had to suffer in other places. Mostly his job is to slam face first into the other team, taunt somebody important, and stand near people while his ult spins around him. He isn't complicated. I think tanks suffer from that in general.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Anidav posted:

That one master yi who goes mid spams laugh and successfully tower dives you level one and does some weird flash meditation cancel to avoid turret fire?

Taking meditation level one is the most bm you can inflict on an opponent in a single button press.

Edit: the bmpm is so low but so potent.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Going into a rammus game against all AD now wish me luck

In blind pick no less

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Going into a rammus game against all AD now wish me luck

In blind pick no less

You don’t need luck, you need to not have your house hit by a tornado for 20 minutes

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

el dingo posted:

On a weird league note, I had a zed on my team feed relentlessly in lane while everyone else was destroying their lanes. His response? Cheered everyone on, told the jungler just to leave him be because he was hosed, and then always targeted the sona support in team fights because he could kill her and stop her from healing the opposing Yasuo he'd fed, all while constantly using chat to tell us what a great job we were doing and thanking us for the carry.

It was surreal.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

TheAnomaly posted:

On a weird league note, I had a zed on my team feed relentlessly in lane while everyone else was destroying their lanes. His response? Cheered everyone on, told the jungler just to leave him be because he was hosed, and then always targeted the sona support in team fights because he could kill her and stop her from healing the opposing Yasuo he'd fed, all while constantly using chat to tell us what a great job we were doing and thanking us for the carry.

It was surreal.

Yeah us supports try mid sometimes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Support is the toughest job because you also have to stop your ADC from having a mental breakdown.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ADC: Sona, heal me!
Support: Actually I am Zyra , you asked me to pick Zyra.
ADC: AAAAAAAAUUUUGH
FF15
FF15
FF15
FF15

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Playing support owns because you don't have to worry about farming minions and later you can just roam around planting wards. No pressure.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

pidan posted:

Playing support owns because you don't have to worry about farming minions and later you can just roam around planting wards. No pressure.

It was so much more fun before Riot took away my near-infinitely stackable wards :(.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Anidav posted:

Support is the toughest job because you also have to stop your ADC from having a mental breakdown.

OR, pick predator Blitz, mute your ADC, hang them out to dry, gank the toplaner so they ragequit, repeat gank the midlaner until they int

https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2952668010/203024110?tab=overview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Having a raging ADC is worth it if their midlaner is even angrier.