Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So is the game just one big glitch now? Here's a good one. Had a guy dead to rights, ship to ship, he flies straight up and I follow him. Eventually I seem to auto eject and just enter regular falling motion with no parachute? Wtf was up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

John Murdoch posted:

And on the subject of planes, the one thing I've never figured out how to do is actually dogfight in them. Best I can tell once someone is on your rear end, they're gonna stay there until you explode or manage to gently caress off. Actually turning it around on them seems drat near impossible. (Discounting hopping onto a wing and shooting them with my actual guns, I suppose.)

If somebody gets on your rear end and you cant shake them, fly straight up then air brake till you fall past them. Then you can boost to be right back on their tail. I've done this a few times now and so far no one has expected it, they either gently caress off so I can go back to whatever I was doing originally or I get to shoot them down.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
My boys and I, 9 & 7, had our first squads victory tonight. It was one heck of a surprise, we were just doing a top 6 squads daily. The circle moved aggressively and it was quickly down to three teams inside Lazy. We arrived in the parking lot as the other two teams battled it on the other side of the club building. It came down to our three verses a team of two. We established a plan to go in, but they launchpadded over to us just as we set out. In the confusion, the older decided that "put down boomboxes under them" meant "put down boomboxes under us." The younger used balloons and distracted the opponent that could aim long enough for me to get in their faces and miss every single shot for the rest of the match (with my opponent doing the same). The opponent that could aim panicked and my older managed to down him, and his partner died moments later as the storm ate him.

I don't think that they've been this excited in literally years. Of course now the older is taunting the younger by saying he carried us and his brother was just bait. Sigh. I mean, he's not wrong, but we all did damage to each of them, and we simply wouldn't have won otherwise. They're happy to have earned their umbrellas.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 13, 2019

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

codo27 posted:

So is the game just one big glitch now? Here's a good one. Had a guy dead to rights, ship to ship, he flies straight up and I follow him. Eventually I seem to auto eject and just enter regular falling motion with no parachute? Wtf was up with that?

That poo poo is insufferable, really throws me off.

They also haven't fixed the bug where people get stuck with the corn field effect on them for the entire match either. And that's been around for over an entire season.

aba
Oct 2, 2013
If someone wants a Geforce Fortnite Bundle just reply/PM me and I will send it to you. You CAN'T redeem it if you already own a 1060 or 1070 (the Experience app will check it).

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

aba posted:

If someone wants a Geforce Fortnite Bundle just reply/PM me and I will send it to you. You CAN'T redeem it if you already own a 1060 or 1070 (the Experience app will check it).

Will it work if I already own a 1080ti? If so I’m game!

Edit: NM, looks like you HAVE to have one of those cards.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

aba posted:

Hey I would like to try this! If I can't redeem it I'll offer it back in here.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Balloons are so incredibly useful that I can't believe more people don't use them. I just won with 7 eliminations (I'm really not even any good) and for like three of them I just jumped high above them and did a rocket launcher at them and then finished them with another gun. They're dead before they really know what happened.

2 balloon jumping can help you outrun a storm almost as good as a vehicle too if you plan it out a little.

aba
Oct 2, 2013

ACValiant posted:

Will it work if I already own a 1080ti? If so I’m game!

Edit: NM, looks like you HAVE to have one of those cards.

You were first so I've sent you the key. Please test it and if it does not work please send it directly to Fritzler or just send me/post here the results and I'll do that. I've got it with a notebook (I've already returned, but they let me keep the key but will not probably want to help me with some problems) and I've no idea how does the key work or what it really does so it may be useful for someone else.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Artonos posted:

Balloons are so incredibly useful that I can't believe more people don't use them. I just won with 7 eliminations (I'm really not even any good) and for like three of them I just jumped high above them and did a rocket launcher at them and then finished them with another gun. They're dead before they really know what happened.

2 balloon jumping can help you outrun a storm almost as good as a vehicle too if you plan it out a little.

Single balloon hops work for that too, and are probably a bit safer since you have more control over your direction.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Single balloon hops work for that too, and are probably a bit safer since you have more control over your direction.

Balloons are great. Also, where the hell are the magician skins? I must own them all (and missed them the only time they’ve been out). That and the sax emote of course

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So very, very near to twisting my controller in half just now after being killed by a loving crouch spammer. How can I be so loving bad. Time to go drink some beer

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

aba posted:

You were first so I've sent you the key. Please test it and if it does not work please send it directly to Fritzler or just send me/post here the results and I'll do that. I've got it with a notebook (I've already returned, but they let me keep the key but will not probably want to help me with some problems) and I've no idea how does the key work or what it really does so it may be useful for someone else.

Appreciate it! Worked great.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Glider redeploy coming back as an item, yesssss

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
God I hate redeploy

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Expand the inventory by one in BR to compensate for Big Team modes giving you 50 redeploy charges after leaving the bus you loving cowards.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/itemized-glider-redeploy posted:

Heya folks,

A while back we ran a test for glider re-deploy. There was a very split response on the mechanic which revealed some positives as well as some negatives. We removed the mechanic from default modes, but feel an alternative implementation will help in solving some of those negatives and better suits our goals.

The goal with the item is to provide mobility and utility, but in a form that can be balanced and iterated upon. By implementing glider redeploy as an item we can iterate on multiple different levels (i.e. redeploy height, movement speed, drop chance, charge count), including inventory slot tension.

Quick overview on how Glider Redeploy will work in v7.20:

The Gliders item will take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.

Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you do not need to select the item.

Each deploy will remove one charge, when all charges are used the item disappears.

Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-to-Go, and LTM respawns will not consume a charge, as these put you in Skydiving mode.

The new Glider Redeploy item can be found in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.

What about Soaring 50s or other large team modes? 

When you drop from the Battle Bus you will automatically be granted a Glider item with 50 charges. (This counts as being put into Skydiving mode which will not consume a charge of the Glider item.)

We’ll be watching the item closely and adjusting as necessary so please be vocal with your discussion and feedback!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hm, I actually like this. Like redeploy or bounce pad for most common means and purposes, but with actual drawbacks.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hm, I actually like this. Like redeploy or bounce pad for most common means and purposes, but with actual drawbacks.

Not sure I like it eating up a regular inventory slot. I feel a bit more like trap slot (and in the wild maybe giving 4-5 charges per drop) might work better. So number of deploys and having to find the item still needs to be managed/it's not an automatic get out of falling free, but I just can't see myself ever wasting an inventory slot on that. Especially with the current tweaks to glider speed and control.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I know PvP is the hotness but I really enjoyed PvE when that was all there was, does anyone still play that? I jumped in last night and had to re-learn drat near everything.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I know PvP is the hotness but I really enjoyed PvE when that was all there was, does anyone still play that? I jumped in last night and had to re-learn drat near everything.

I do. You earn stuff at 4x the old rate and can redo perks and upgrade them now so every gun works.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I do. You earn stuff at 4x the old rate and can redo perks and upgrade them now so every gun works.

Sweet, is the big giant pvp discord the best place it seemed...crowded :) Some random guy invited me to his stormshield and took me up into a box and had me stand in one side and was like "SHOW ME YOUR ITEMS" and wanted me to drop them and it felt like i was going to get murdered in a video game so I left.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 15, 2019

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Elendil004 posted:

Sweet, is the big giant pvp discord the best place it seemed...crowded :) Some random guy invited me to his stormshield and took me up into a box and had me stand in one side and was like "SHOW ME YOUR ITEMS" and wanted me to drop them and it felt like i was going to get murdered in a video game so I left.

It seems like BR has attracted a bunch of children who hop into StW for v-bucks, and they all have an addiction to trading items in game. It doesn't make any sense since you can craft whatever you need and are never behind if you're upgrading your schematics, however they seem to be convinced they need fully upgraded legendary items from way higher item levels so that they can queue into games way above their level (Epic has mostly stopped this by making it only work for private games). They don't seem to realize that the FORT stats and their hero's level are the important thing. Anyway, you should just do missions and avoid shrieking kids who want to trade as much as possible.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Rexxed posted:

It seems like BR has attracted a bunch of children who hop into StW for v-bucks, and they all have an addiction to trading items in game. It doesn't make any sense since you can craft whatever you need and are never behind if you're upgrading your schematics, however they seem to be convinced they need fully upgraded legendary items from way higher item levels so that they can queue into games way above their level (Epic has mostly stopped this by making it only work for private games). They don't seem to realize that the FORT stats and their hero's level are the important thing. Anyway, you should just do missions and avoid shrieking kids who want to trade as much as possible.

I felt like I was the victim of a fortnite sex crime

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The shop today is sooo good. Buying the whole wizard set and phone it in. Rip my wallet for stupid poo poo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They finally put waypoint back up too!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I felt like I was the victim of a fortnite sex crime

Lmao. I'll Smurf you up with weapon mats and guns if you want. What's your epic?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

The Reddit sub is okay and is very anti-trading but there are only about 10 people who know wtf they are talking about.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Not sure I like it eating up a regular inventory slot. I feel a bit more like trap slot (and in the wild maybe giving 4-5 charges per drop) might work better. So number of deploys and having to find the item still needs to be managed/it's not an automatic get out of falling free, but I just can't see myself ever wasting an inventory slot on that. Especially with the current tweaks to glider speed and control.

Well, I was very much not a fan of free redeploy or the bounce pad trap before that, so I’m delighted to see that this is a limited use inventory slot with the all the corresponding drawbacks.

LionArcher posted:

The shop today is sooo good. Buying the whole wizard set and phone it in. Rip my wallet for stupid poo poo.

Hahah, you were just mentioning wizards and sax guy. :eyepop:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 15, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm still super new to Fortnite, and want to get to know it more. How much 'stuff' can I get for my profile without spending money? I'm not saying I'll never spend money, but right now, it's not something I'm willing to do. Is there anything that's attainable/unlockable (that's worth a drat) from just playing? Do the ranks do anything?

Also, if I didn't know better, and I do, I swear that some people are starting with guns, because goddamn, how do they find poo poo so fast? :argh:

All in all, I'm still terrible, but am trying to get better. Played about 4 matches last night and got as high as #30 in one of them. That was mostly from hiding.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Update looks pretty good. Copying from phone, sorry for formatting.

What's New?

**Scoped Revolver**

No sniper? No problem! Use the new Scoped Revolver to hit precise shots against enemies.

**Glider Redeploy Item**

Spread your wings! Glider Redeploy is back, but this time as an item. Find charges as loot throughout the map.

### Limited Time Mode: One Shot

**Summary**

There’s low gravity and every player has 50 health. Snipers are the only weapon and Bandages the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!

**Mode Details**

* Gravity is set lower than normal.
* The Storm wait time has been greatly reduced in all phases of the game.
* The only weapons in this mode are Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
* Semi-auto Snipers and Bounce Pads have been removed from the Vault in this mode.
* Players will spawn with 50 health and can only heal if they find Bandages.

### Weapons + Items

* Scoped Revolver
* Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
* Fires Medium Ammo.
* 42 / 44 damage per shot.
* Available from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
* Added Gliders, an item that grants Glider redeploy.
* This item takes up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
* Gliders do not need to be selected to deploy. Activate them by pressing your jump button while in mid-air.
* Rarity is Rare.
* Gliders come with 10 charges.
* Each deploy uses a charge. When all charges are used the item disappears.
* Glider redeploy does not consume a charge when using a Launch Pad, Rifts-to-Go, or respawning in a Limited Time Mode.
* Found from floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Llamas.
* Minigun adjustments
* Added an overheating mechanic. Overheat occurs after approximately 6 seconds of continuous fire.
* Reduced the wind-up time by 37%.

Updated the audio for the Minigun.

* Rarity color adjustments
* Balloons changed from Epic to Rare.
* Stink Bomb changed from Epic to Rare.
* Scoped AR decreased from Rare/Epic to Uncommon/Rare.
* The following projectile-based weapons now have the same projectile trajectory as the Heavy Sniper Rifle:
* Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
* Suppressed Sniper Rifle
* Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
* Hunting Rifle
* Weapon first-shot accuracy now works with icy feet and while on ziplines.
* The reticle center dot on Scoped Rifles has been reduced in size. This will mitigate situations where it appears you’re on your target but still miss the shot.

Trap drop chance adjustments

* Total drop chance of Traps from floor loot increased from 3.98% to 4.73%.
* Cozy Campfire
* Drop chance from floor loot increased from 0.26% to 0.73%.
* Drop chance from Loot Llamas increased from 6.63% to 15.47%.
* Launch Pad
* Drop chance from floor loot increased from 0.53% to 0.98%.
* Drop chance from Loot Llamas increased from 13.25% to 20.77%.
* Mounted Turret
* Drop chance from floor loot decreased from 0.8% to 0.73%.
* Drop chance from Loot Llamas decreased from 20.42% to 15.47%.
* Small shields max stack size has been decreased from 10 to 6.

**Bug Fixes**

* Fixed a bug that could cause you to lose the ability to switch weapons if firing a Grappler while crashing a vehicle or interacting with an object during travel.
* Fixed a bug where your ability to fire would be delayed after discarding a Grappler.
* Removed the ability to ride or be pushed by a Grappler due to the ability for players to move fast enough to cause network issues.
* Fixed Balloons not being popped by explosions.
* Fixed issue causing odd dynamite size/scaling when picking it up and re-throwing.
* When a player dies from Down-But-Not-Out bleed-out damage, the elimination distance is calculated from the original down location rather than the distance when they are fully eliminated.
* Fixed an issue that could cause Scoped Rifles to have full accuracy earlier than intended.
* Fixed an issue where the center dot of the reticle while scoped did not line up with the center dot while unscoped.
* Fixed dynamite re-throw ability from being canceled by changing weapons or being a vehicle passenger.
* Players will no longer receive credit for a “No Scope” in the elimination feed if they use a scope to eliminate a player.

### Gameplay

* Zipline improvements
* Added the ability to change direction via player movement input button. Just move in the direction you’d like to go while riding a zipline, no jumping required.
* Rather than moving at max speed as soon as entering the zipline, players will now accelerate over time to reach that max speed.
* Destruction effects have been turned back on while riding a zipline.
* Players will destroy the nearby player buildings before attaching to the zipline so their path becomes clear
* Added a third decimal place for mouse/controller sensitivity to allow for more granular values.
* To help with situations where walls are built mostly underground, we've [added functionality](https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/aewj0q/wall_placement_and_you/)
* This occurs when the wall piece is showing less than 30% above ground.
* Gamepad Sensitivity
* Building sensitivity change also applies to edit mode.
* Editing will no longer interrupt gun fire and pickaxe swings.
* Corn stalks will no longer block gunfire.
* Editing a structure will now begin without waiting for a response from the server. This should cut down on ghost shots before editing and make it a smoother experience.
* Confirming the edit will still require sending data to the server and be impacted by high ping or poor server performance.
* Vehicle impact damage to a player will now respect shields instead of directly applying to player health.
* When a plane explodes due to any reason, it will now deal damage to both passengers and pilots. This damage no longer ignores shields.
* Infinite dab is even more infinite...Dab for 11 hours instead of 10 hours in the lobby.
* Adjusted map art to more accurately represent player & marker positions.
* Textures of props used in emotes are now pre-streamed so scorecard and other emotes that use props will have less chance of using a low-resolution texture.
* X-4 Stormwing passengers now have the same Hold to Exit functionality as pilots.

**Bug Fixes**

* Fixed instances of glider redeploy not deploying when exiting a Stormwing.
* Fixed grenade throw animations not playing the follow-through when watching other players throw a grenade.
* Fixed the preview length on many emotes in the lobby to hear the full music track.
* Completing the "Play a match with a friend" Daily Challenge now correctly counts towards other quests that require completing daily challenges.
* Fixed players not being able to destroy the Boombox from certain distances.
* Fixed some issues with ziplines
* Players will no longer be flung across the map or get in broken animation states.
* A cooldown has been added to ensure jump spamming will not allow players with mild network issues to fall through the zipline collision.
* The zipline magnet will no longer remain over players heads.
* Players no longer fall when colliding with enemy structures.
* Players no longer dismount ziplines at steep angles when under bad network conditions.

Fixed an issue where players would sometimes take 2 instances of impact damage from getting hit by the X-4 Stormwing.

* Damage numbers when shooting Mounted Turrets now properly displays as vehicle damage instead of player damage.
* Players who are emoting on the starter island will no longer continue emoting after jumping from the Battle Bus.

Gliders and Umbrellas will no longer appear sideways or misaligned when dropping from the Battle Bus.

### Events

* Tournament systems have been significantly updated to support upcoming features. We’ll be operating a series of small scale test events as we test these updates with more players.

We will be testing in waves until we are confident in the new functionality. At that point, we will again begin running tournaments regularly for all players.

Older tournaments will be removed from the Events tab on Switch & mobile devices for the time being.

* Data for those tournaments has been saved and will return to those platforms in a future release.
* Players will be automatically removed fthe rom match after 60 seconds of spectating after being eliminated.

### Audio

* Fixed shield damage sound playing when shooting or getting hit by teammates.
* Gliders that have music can now play their music in the lobby for previewing.
* Reduced the volume of the X-4 Stormwing.
* Reduce the volume of the Boombox.
* Added unique bouncing sound to Dynamite.

**Bug Fixes**

* Fixed music cutting out on mobile/Switch platforms.
* Fixed incorrect boost audio loop for Quad Crasher on mobile/Switch.
* Fixed missing medium-distant Scoped AR gunshot sounds.
* Fixed loud winter biome ambient audio on mobile/Switch.

### UI

* Updated the ammo icons in the inventory to look more realistic.
* Building resources of spectated players are now visible.

**Bug Fixes**

* Prevent pickup HUD interaction prompts from appearing while in a vehicle, since picking up is disabled while in a vehicle.
* Fixed error displays when a friend request fails.
* Prevented special preview actions (Play Again, Switch Model, Full Screen, etc…, shown when viewing a cosmetic item) from disappearing after opening and closing the chat window.
* Fixed a red background showing up when the chat window is opened while doing a 'Full Screen' preview of a Loading Screen cosmetic.
* Prevented unrelated loading screens from sometimes showing up instead of the selected Loading Screen while doing a 'Full Screen' preview.

### Social

* Battle Royale players can now accept party invites from players in Save The World and join games in progress.

### Art + Animation

* Both Lynx and Zenith now have custom idle poses in the lobby.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm still super new to Fortnite, and want to get to know it more. How much 'stuff' can I get for my profile without spending money? I'm not saying I'll never spend money, but right now, it's not something I'm willing to do. Is there anything that's attainable/unlockable (that's worth a drat) from just playing? Do the ranks do anything?

Also, if I didn't know better, and I do, I swear that some people are starting with guns, because goddamn, how do they find poo poo so fast? :argh:

All in all, I'm still terrible, but am trying to get better. Played about 4 matches last night and got as high as #30 in one of them. That was mostly from hiding.

Money doesn't grant you anything that affects gameplay...except the battle pass adds more challenges and tiers that give the illusion of progress and keep you coming back. You are more likely to stick with the game if you buy the pass. And if you play it much at all, you'll only have to pay it once as you'll unlock more money for next season, but in this fashion it will take a long time to get enough V Bucks to buy anything more than the most bland emotes and junk. For example a good skin costs 1500 or so, your battle pass is 950, and you earn less than 2000 in a season. Do the math.

A lot of good fixes in the patch. Came just short however of disabling trap triggering when the player who placed it is in range. Should not be able to build yourself and opponent into a 1x1 with a trap where spikes magically kill them but dont harm you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

One Shot mode sounds hilarious

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

codo27 posted:

A lot of good fixes in the patch. Came just short however of disabling trap triggering when the player who placed it is in range. Should not be able to build yourself and opponent into a 1x1 with a trap where spikes magically kill them but dont harm you.

I'm not even good with traps (can't do it fast enough on a controller), but I would be against this change. People should have to think twice about barrelling into your 1x1, and the current trap mechanic at least should do that if they're thinking at all.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

One Shot mode sounds hilarious

When they ran it during the 14 days event I probably had more pickaxe kills than sniper kills

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lmao. I'll Smurf you up with weapon mats and guns if you want. What's your epic?

I don't know off hand, my username is same here as there abs I'll be up for some playing tonight. Iam gated by story right now so need to get help through those.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Third parties are still pretty bad even with redeploy as an item :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wonder what'll happen with the big rear end orb above the castle. Any other map changes this patch?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also, dunno if it's client side or not but reactive skins seem busted, you start the match with them fully activated.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wonder what'll happen with the big rear end orb above the castle. Any other map changes this patch?

That one central building in tilted that gets destroyed every season got built up some more, the dungeons in polar peak melted a bit, and that island off the southwest coast of the map has some kind of ice block with a health bar going down.

Oh and of course the block changed again, apparently it's a llama/dragon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Bring back the market square block, this robot thing sucks