Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Proteus Jones posted:

Hey, how do I get that nifty Truckfucklers tag?

Buy yourself a new av and add the SA img extention for the pic into your title, surrounded by img tags. Make sure you also add your current stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

Buy yourself a new av and add the SA img extention for the pic into your title, surrounded by img tags. Make sure you also add your current stuff too.

Nifty! Thanks

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Proteus Jones posted:

Hey, how do I get that nifty Truckfucklers tag?

First you gotta fuckle some trucks

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

Check!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

I’m imagining the Hamburgler, but wearing a high-vis vest and cackling while stealing work trucks.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Phanatic posted:

How the heck can that possibly more efficient than

Was wondering the same thing, but other buildings too close is probably a good enough reason.

I wonder how long this process takes. Weeks? Months? It looks so painfully slow.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Buff Skeleton posted:

Was wondering the same thing, but other buildings too close is probably a good enough reason.

I wonder how long this process takes. Weeks? Months? It looks so painfully slow.

They might only need to do it on the upper out-curving sections?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m imagining the Hamburgler, but wearing a high-vis vest and cackling while stealing work trucks.

Oh, he's not stealing them

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Icon Of Sin posted:

Nah, the act of Fuckling a truck is the reason why the CDL requires the driver to perform the 27 point inspection of the truck and trailer before driving the load. A true truckfuckler will perform acts of subtle sabotage, such that the poor driver is stuck broken down in Bat Country, suddenly veers off the road into oncoming traffic due to a broken steering wheel pinon, or has the entire load fall off the back at highway speeds.

The Hamburgler has nothing on the Truckfuckler.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Truckfuckling is a critical link in the chain of safety. Think of them like secret shoppers, but for vehicle maintainers and inspectors.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
(tapping a jagged piece of metal with my extremely fancy pen) aha. there's your culprit. the coupling was fuckled beyond the fatigue point. infestation of automodius fuckulatus at the factory most likely, gonna have to recall the whole batch. probably shut down the whole facility depending on severity, good men are going to lose jobs over this.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

(tapping a jagged piece of metal with my extremely fancy pen) aha. there's your culprit. the coupling was fuckled beyond the fatigue point. infestation of automodius fuckulatus at the factory most likely, gonna have to recall the whole batch. probably shut down the whole facility depending on severity, good men are going to lose jobs over this.

Phiz, the inspector at the factory just called us back, it's clean. Cleanest he's ever seen a parts plant. I hate to say it, but this might be the territory marking acts of an automodius fuckulatus majesticus, and you know how bad even a single Greater Crested Truckfuckler is for anyone who has to park a tractor inside their territory. God help us all if it's mating season already. No way am I gonna get the fuckulatus traps out of storage and try to capture one of those huge bastards, not after the last one cut my brake lines. We're gonna have to call in the feds to handle this, maybe those CVSA guys can send us a kill team?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/StonefaceX/status/1084986133761675266?s=20

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

whats that one story? about a guy who makes a thing and measures it in units in the form of his forearm or hand?

neat for a desert island

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

KoRMaK posted:

whats that one story? about a guy who makes a thing and measures it in units in the form of his forearm or hand?

neat for a desert island

Till you lose weight starving and all the measurements go wrong. Be better off with a Wilson tattoo

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Phanatic posted:

How the heck can that possibly more efficient than

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggg3C87UVCY

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

haveblue posted:

Oh, he's not stealing them

he's stealing their innocence

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

KoRMaK posted:

neat for a desert island

I really hope these guys arent seriously planning on using those as good references

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 15, 2019

shiftless
May 18, 2005

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I really these guys arent seriously planning on using those as good references

Could be handy at a glory hole maybe?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The old calibrated arm joke comes to life

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...115-p50rgw.html

quote:

A new report has detailed how a huge sinkhole swallowed up thousands of dollars worth of machinery on a WA mine site... “A working pit floor subsided into a backfilled stope, forming a 13-metre deep sinkhole,” the report said. An explosives truck was parked nearby on top of a blast pattern and slid into the sinkhole, followed by an integrated tool carrier.

quote:

a risk assessment in December 2017 noted the area of ground was a hazard, and recommended strict management protocols to treat it as a “void”.
However management assumed the stope was tight-filled, and did not follow void protocol as a result.

A decision was later made to treat the ground with normal operational practices

It's lucky that nobody was hurt, but what a bizarre event, nobody could possibly have predicted this :thunk:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

You have to make any process related to NUCULAR as expensive and time-intensive as possible because of :siren::siren:DEADLY RADIATION:siren::siren:

but some hydrocarbon plants also use cooling towers???

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

LOL at the idea of paying for demolitions when you can just get George Bush to do it for free.

I just spit tea all over my monitor, thanks

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I cant imagine another person I would be this ambivalent about regarding this tattoo

its his job, he's a public nerd who does hands on poo poo, this is extremely on brand

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Dave Grool posted:

The old calibrated arm joke comes to life

Make the cubit great again.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

You have to make any process related to NUCULAR as expensive and time-intensive as possible because of :siren::siren:DEADLY RADIATION:siren::siren:

I think the funny part about your post is that the cooling tower imploded in the post you quoted was for a nuclear reactor in South Carolina :v:.

In all seriousness, though, flying debris is a concern in places as is dust generation so likely they didn't have the room to set up a safe zone.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Let's note delude ourselves into thinking anything I've ever said was funny.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

uvar posted:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...115-p50rgw.html

It's lucky that nobody was hurt, but what a bizarre event, nobody could possibly have predicted this :thunk:

Gonna just say it again:

Is there any more frightening phrase to a worker than, "not considered a danger by management"?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

"Do it or you're fired"

There was a guy here that dropped a saw into the water off a barge and the foreman told him to go get it or find a new job. He was a decent swimmer so he jumped in. Current drug him under the barge and they found him a couple days later.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We have a poster at our training institute that says something like "The need to get the job done doesn't add any capacity to the crane!"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Guyver posted:

"Do it or you're fired"

There was a guy here that dropped a saw into the water off a barge and the foreman told him to go get it or find a new job. He was a decent swimmer so he jumped in. Current drug him under the barge and they found him a couple days later.

More importantly- did they recover the saw?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Guyver posted:

"Do it or you're fired"

I don't understand how that foreman didn't end up in jail for manslaughter.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The guy who died was a Jamaican immagrint who used to clear sugar cane before going into construction.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Guyver posted:

The guy who died was a Jamaican immagrint who used to clear sugar cane before going into construction.

Let me rephrase, I wish I lived in a world where it wasn't totally obvious that of course the foreman didn't get in any trouble, asides from maybe a slap on the wrist from HR because now they have to go hire somebody else and do more paperwork.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I think the lesson we can all take from that is “OSHA lawsuits are only expensive if there are relatives that can file them”.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The lesson is that management aren't scared enough of being shanked.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/e7XyT6y.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

There is so much poo poo in this world just not worth saving.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

proper ppe, fall restraints, high vis clothing, working with a team who can assist them if they do slip, a good example of osha compliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

They're wearing harnesses that appear to be clipped to the scaffold at the right point. This seems to be perfectly safe?