Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I've met a couple people who strongly believe what rear end-grab sister thinks. Even in a committed relationship, any sort of touching much be expressly consented to beforehand each and every time or it's sexual assault.

That sounds insufferable and really not how healthy relationships work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
have u considered that every relationship in the history of humanity might have been a power-imbalanced misbegotten monstrosity tho??

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
whats with this obsession with touching in a relationship? seems a bit counterproductive to me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i dunno pals

with a good partner you feel like you can take on anything.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Haifisch posted:

He's [21m] accusing me [21m] of sabotaging him at a career networking event, because of some poo poo that went on years ago

So is this actually a man? I gotta assume the title is a mistake because it really seems to be written by a woman

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Play posted:

So is this actually a man? I gotta assume the title is a mistake because it really seems to be written by a woman

How exactly?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

How exactly?

because the OP sounds like a little bitch

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

How exactly?

a man, in a physical relationship with another man?! unheard of

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

How exactly?

The guy randomly saying "You look beautiful today" to someone who is in the middle of a conversation with someone else. Yeah it's possible they're both guys, but that definitely seems like something that was directed towards a woman.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

have u considered that every relationship in the history of humanity might have been a power-imbalanced misbegotten monstrosity tho??

Nope.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

The guy randomly saying "You look beautiful today" to someone who is in the middle of a conversation with someone else. Yeah it's possible they're both guys, but that definitely seems like something that was directed towards a woman.

I didn't notice it was two men, and totally thought it was written by a woman. Regardless of gender, you don't say that to someone in a professional setting.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Leon Einstein posted:

I didn't notice it was two men, and totally thought it was written by a woman. Regardless of gender, you don't say that to someone in a professional setting.

what if you're a real man, a real go getter type of dude

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not giving my Husband a Blowjob?

So let me say right off the bat, me and my husband enjoy a healthy sex life, with the exception of blowjobs. I hate giving them and as a result I only give them on special occasions (his birthday, anniversary).

Last night, he came home after what he proclaimed to be a “rough day at work”. Not even 5 minutes after walking in, he started begging me for a blowjob, saying how he needed it to feel better.

I told him no, and then said we could have sex later if he wanted. He got all pissed and avoided me the whole rest of the night.

This morning before he left for work, I tried talking to him about what happened but he burst out at me and yelled that “as his wife I’m obligated to give him blowjobs whenever he wants”. I was pretty shocked by this and in the spur of the moment I yelled at him that I don’t owe him anything and that he has no right to my body.

He stormed out and went to work, he texted me a few hours later that he would be staying with a friend for a few days and that I shouldn’t expect him at home.

I’m really panicking now, I have no idea what to do. AITA for refusing to give him a blowjob?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So let me say right off the bat, me and my husband enjoy a healthy sex life, with the exception of blowjobs. I hate giving them and as a result I only give them on special occasions (his birthday, anniversary).

Last night, he came home after what he proclaimed to be a “rough day at work”. Not even 5 minutes after walking in, he started begging me for a blowjob, saying how he needed it to feel better.

I told him no, and then said we could have sex later if he wanted. He got all pissed and avoided me the whole rest of the night.

This morning before he left for work, I tried talking to him about what happened but he burst out at me and yelled that “as his wife I’m obligated to give him blowjobs whenever he wants”. I was pretty shocked by this and in the spur of the moment I yelled at him that I don’t owe him anything and that he has no right to my body.

He stormed out and went to work, he texted me a few hours later that he would be staying with a friend for a few days and that I shouldn’t expect him at home.

I’m really panicking now, I have no idea what to do. AITA for refusing to give him a blowjob?

Fun fact: Blowjobs are why penises are shaped the way they are. Like rats teeth, penises constantly grow and if not shaved down with blowjobs they will eventually curve in on themselves and pierce their own shaft, leading to blood loss, mental anguish, and a convenient coat rack. If you ever see a real curved dick that indicates a lack of blowjobs. To handle this, most folks simply learn to blow themselves, which is a lot more like giving a blowjob than receiving one, but it is a necessary act if you want to retain a mostly straight cock instead of being a quiver dick.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I like how she capitalizes 'a Blowjob' like it's some huge event.

Regardless, they sound sexually incompatible. She's got every right not to like giving oral, he's got every right to like getting it, but demanding it is dumb. If it's that important to him, he should've broken up with her a long time ago.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Meme Emulator posted:

Its further up the quote chain:

"llllllol at the European dude a few pages ago insisting that walking around with cum on your face in front of someone's mom is totally normal in most of the first world."

Everyones talking about the guy initiating this fantasy

Congrats on being the one who can't read.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Man he threw a massive tantrum over that. Bets on poor hygiene being a huge part of why she hates to go down on him?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Gf has extreme political views.

I (M 50) have issues with my gf’s (F 47) political views. We live in Denmark.

We are in a relationship for 6 yrs now, and on personal level we have a stable relationship. Sexual intimacy is becoming less last 2 years.

My gf displays more and more extreme right wing political views and even mentioned that ethnically cleansing (aka purging) the country would be a good thing.

This scares me a lot, we have had several arguments about this, one escalating in a verbal fight and I’ve lost my physical desire for sex with her, pretending that I am ill or busy or otherwise not interested.

I definitely do not share her political views and can’t convince her otherwise, or continue a normal discussion about it. It makes me very uneasy and worrying where this will lead to.

What should I do? Just leave the subject alone, knowing that it will pop up later?

TL;DR gf has extreme political views that concerns me and makes me uneasy and reduces sexual desire

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Xenocides posted:

I [29M] can’t shake the feeling that I’m being monitored by my girlfriend [31F] and I’m becoming a bad person because of it.
u/JumpyWorm

In the comments he disclosed he is waking up screaming from nightmares about this at least once a month.

I've been with someone almost this bad and got sick of it and left about 3 weeks after the bullshit started lmao sever hard

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

he burst out at me and yelled that “as his wife I’m obligated to give him blowjobs whenever he wants”.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

(edit) ^^^^ yes, that exactly (/edit)

call center manager posted:

I like how she capitalizes 'a Blowjob' like it's some huge event.

Regardless, they sound sexually incompatible. She's got every right not to like giving oral, he's got every right to like getting it, but demanding it is dumb. If it's that important to him, he should've broken up with her a long time ago.

He 100% went in to the marriage thinking that she would change to meet his needs after. Guy's an rear end in a top hat, anyone who thinks that marriage entitles them to ownership of their partner's body is a sentient red flag.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

On the one hand it's kinda lame not to go down on your SO except in special circumstances.

On the other hand this dude doesn't deserve them because he is a unstable horrible child man.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I don't think she knows what a "healthy sex life" is if she hates giving blowjobs. (I'm assuming this is an actual dislike and not something like PTSD from rape by forced irrumation.) The point isn't that she likes it; it's that her husband likes it.

On the other hand...I imagine there are few things as unsexy as your pissbitch of a husband melting down and alternately begging for and demanding a blowjob.

She's absolutely not obligated to service him in any way, but I think that if anyone avoids giving oral sex to a partner who wants it without a better reason than "hating giving [it]", there's not a lot of recipociality or sex-positiveness there in the first place. He's not asking her to poo poo on him or dress up in a fur suit.

e:f;b and more pithily too ^^^^^

Admiralty Flag fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 15, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

in comparative mythology, many stories appear across cultures – the great flood, the dying-and-rising-god, a titanomachy, etc. But perhaps none is as enduring as the eternal legend of a man who demands a paternity test of his faithful wife...

I(33m) told my wife(31f) I wanted a paternity test on false premises. How do I make amends?

I love my wife deeply. She is a good wife and mother and a hell of a lot of fun. We have two kids, a boy and a girl, but she isn't like a lot of moms who lose themselves in their kids. She has a lot of fun hobbies, basically made her own business with two toddlers. Both kids weren't planned, but birth control mishaps. We were already married, so it was a little earlier than anticipated but not bad news. The kids are only a year apart and have just entered school age.

When our boy was 3, I got a vasectomy. It was a harder decision for her than me. She shines as a mom, whereas I am a good dad but have to really try and think about to make sure I'm doing a good job.

This is my rambling way of saying I screwed up. She told me last week that she was unexpectedly pregnant, had thought a lot about it and wanted to keep the baby. I was shocked. She told me bluntly my vasectomy hadn't worked and I said I would want a paternity test. She was not happy and said some not nice things and I still shocked said statistically it was more likely to have a partner cheat than to have a failed vasectomy.

Things fell out from there and for the past week, we've been fighting mildly. More just not flowing, not shouting after that first night. After that night I knew she hadn't cheated but I also knew that I needed to get it resolved (1. I didn't want any fraction of a doubt, 2. I need to get it fixed, because who the heck has 4 kids in 2019?)

Today I got the results that I am ridiculously fertile and it sort of compounds how much of a jerk I was. I always thought I was the kind of man who could walk in on my wife with two men in bed and still believe her. But evidently, I'm not.

My wife still isn't happy and I'm at a loss at how to take away the feelings my reaction caused. Advice?

tl;dr I(33m) told my wife(31f) I wanted a paternity test because I have a vasectomy. She was understandably upset. How do I make amends?

Smirking_Serpent fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 15, 2019

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Grape posted:

On the one hand it's kinda lame not to go down on your SO except in special circumstances.

On the other hand this dude doesn't deserve them because he is a unstable horrible child man.

Nah if you're open about not liking certain things sexually during the relationship and they choose to stay (and marry you), maintaining your clearly communicated preferences is fine. Maybe that wasn't the case (we're only getting her side) but it certainly seems like this has always been the situation.

Nonvalueadded User posted:

The point isn't that she likes it; it's that her husband likes it.

That's stupid, you aren't obligated to do/put up with a sexual thing just because your partner likes it. There's plenty of women who enjoy giving BJs, and many more others (probably the majority) that tolerate it on a either a quid pro quo basis or just to be nice.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
If a vasectomy made Cosmo Kramer more fertile, it can happen to anyone

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

EDIT: I am bad at reading the last page. Just repeating the horse sex post.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

I (32F) hate visiting my sister (30F)
Growing up, my sister and I were always very close. We have the same sense of humor and many of the same interests. She's always been one of my best friends and I feel very lucky for that.

Nowadays, she is married with 2 kids, 4 and 2. Unfortunately, I find myself not wanting to visit my sister's house, ever. I don't think I've left her house any time in the last 2 years without a headache. I have to really psych myself up to go there.

She does not control her kids, at all. Both my sister and her husband spend their days playing video games. The younger one hangs on her constantly and won't let anyone else even look at her or she starts screaming. She doesn't even let her own father pick her up! The older one is so starved for attention that he's just constantly in your face. You can't talk because he's shoving toys in your face and interrupting. And if you try to correct him, he starts crying so hard he vomits. One day he shoved a toy in my face and actually hit me with it. It wasn't intentional but it hurt! I took the toy and said, that really hurt, please don't do that again. And he ran away, threw himself on the couch, started sobbing and threw up everywhere. My sister says, "he's so sensitive, you can't talk to him like that"

And then she also has 5 dogs and 2 cats. It's a zoo - she doesn't control the dogs either. They bark incessantly, they jump all over you, constantly lick your hands, try to steal your food off the table. The cats walk all over the counters and while she does somehow keep her house very neat, I just can't stop thinking about dirty kitty litter paws all over the counter.

It's just always SO CHAOTIC!

On top of it all, she and her husband smoke both cigarettes and weed. Not in the house, but I can still smell it on them. And I can smell the skunky weed inside the house where she stores it. I don't smoke, never have, and the smell is nauseating.

We got into a massive argument a few weeks ago. She's upset that I don't come to visit to see my niece and nephew. She thinks I don't love them. I told her that it's too hectic at her house with all the dogs and that I think I'm allergic to the cats because I always leave with super itchy and watery eyes. I added that she's welcome to bring the kids to my house any time. I didn't mention all the other stuff but it still offended her. She broke down crying saying no one ever visits her anymore, she feels she has no friends since she had kids and she's lonely. I don't even know what to say. I don't want to further upset her.

tl;dr - my sister's house is a zoo with 5 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 kids under 4. it's loud and smelly and I hate visiting because I always leave with a headache. She's giving me a hard time about it. How to react?

Went into it expecting r/childfree nonsense, came out of it realizing sis and hubby are just really lovely parents.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

My [25M] father [60M] has recently announced he's getting married to his 26 [F] girlfriend of two weeks. I think he's having another manic episode but he justifies everything to the extent he's blind to all else. Help?

I will preface this by saying my father is a brilliant man. He has done amazing things and has had a long and fruitful career. He however divorced my mother 15 years ago, was in a long term relationship with a colleague of 8 years (both professors in academia) until he had an affair (which he claims was from a manic episode [more on this later], with a much younger woman in her early 20s. She then proceeded to use him for money and gifts to which he then went through more manic periods in his life, going through excessive spending on things that he dropped interest in within weeks. He then fell in love with 'the one' whom he obsessed over, claiming she was everything he wanted until she left for a person her age (around late 20s). Remained on his own for a brief while until he finally wanted a cat which he claimed was perfect for him, despite saying how much he had always hated animals and cats, and now absolutely adores her as she supposedly remains her of this woman who was the one as she had 'feline' attributes. Until now, again after going on and on about how happy he is on his own, met a young woman, asked her to move in with him and now, after 2 weeks says they are to get married in a few months.

Now I've always been supportive, and somewhat understanding toward my father. He claimed he is bipolar and has taken medication for a number of years since having the affair and spending thousands and thousands on expensive things, women, clothes, eating out, you name it. He retired early at 60 and has had the last few years offsick as he 'could not focus' on his work anymore being in academia and found is suffering. I really do not know whether if he is having another manic episode, it certainly sounds like it - he's being impulsive and I want nothing to do with the marriage or this woman. She sounds like she is abusing this situation, hoping to marry him for perhaps a visa (she's not from the UK) but could stay if she was married to a UK citizen. He always seems to go for these young, beautiful and balletic, eastern European women. He is currently taking Lithium as a anti-depressant but I fear he has stopped taking it, or the dosage is not strong enough. I really don't know whether to call his doctor and say that he is doing this really rashly, whether to let him just be and do what he wants to, or whether I should try and talk sense to him. He always justifies everything he does; like there's this romantic sub-plot to his life in which he is both protagonist, and at the same time, fated to never be with anyone who 'truly loves him for him' (his words).

He has promised my siblings money to complete studies and while I am not fussed about money that, I can't help but feel that this woman is going to perhaps take him for anything that he has and leave him beyond depressed and suicidal.

Help?

TL;DR Father wants to get married to another young woman after countless manic depressive episodes over the last year, horrendous decision making. He has gone from wanting to be alone, to being with someone, to her moving in, for them getting married all at a moments notice; all while forgetting his history of making all these mistakes before.

Dad suddenly sexually interested in cats maybe, so what?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

13Pandora13 posted:

Dad suddenly sexually interested in cats maybe, so what?

Let him enjoy himself while he still got it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

Gf has extreme political views
I (M 50) have issues with my gf’s (F 47) political views. We live in Denmark.

We are in a relationship for 6 yrs now, and on personal level we have a stable relationship. Sexual intimacy is becoming less last 2 years.

My gf displays more and more extreme right wing political views and even mentioned that ethnically cleansing (aka purging) the country would be a good thing.

This scares me a lot, we have had several arguments about this, one escalating in a verbal fight and I’ve lost my physical desire for sex with her, pretending that I am ill or busy or otherwise not interested.

I definitely do not share her political views and can’t convince her otherwise, or continue a normal discussion about it. It makes me very uneasy and worrying where this will lead to.

What should I do? Just leave the subject alone, knowing that it will pop up later?

TL;DR gf has extreme political views that concerns me and makes me uneasy and reduces sexual desire

:stare: what the gently caress dude break up and :murder: what are you waiting for-

quote:

I mean, if ethnic cleansing isn't a deal breaker, then what would be?

quote:

idk probably being mildly overweight

quote:

"My GF is a neo-Nazi but she's really hot."

Yeah, I buy that.

Goddamn it.

100% of the comments are calling the guy out for not dumping her so naturally OP has ghosted the thread.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 15, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend (24M) doesn't like my (20F) erotic modeling career.

First off, I want to apologize for any mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 1 1/2 years. He met me on tinder where he was really interested in me because I model for the erotic website SuicideGirls.

After about 6 months he started having problems with me getting undressed in front of photographers (Male and female). But during that time, modeling went very great for me and I became somewhat popular.

We also have problems and go to couple therapy because of my BPD and his porn addiction (which hurt me a lot, he stopped watching now 1 month ago because our relationship started to suffer and I wasn't comfortable with him looking at nudes of solo girls. I was okay with normal porn though. Just the thought that he masturbates to other girls specifically wasn't so cool to me).

Now I'm really starting to miss doing the Photoshoots because I also made good money from it and it gave me lots of confidence.

What do I do now? I have no idea how to initiate a conversation regarding that topic...

Besides all of that our relationship is amazing and we really want to have a future together.

Tldr: Boyfriend doesn't want me to do erotic (not pornographic) photoshoots anymore but I miss it.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend (24M) doesn't like my (20F) erotic modeling career.

First off, I want to apologize for any mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 1 1/2 years. He met me on tinder where he was really interested in me because I model for the erotic website SuicideGirls.

After about 6 months he started having problems with me getting undressed in front of photographers (Male and female). But during that time, modeling went very great for me and I became somewhat popular.

We also have problems and go to couple therapy because of my BPD and his porn addiction (which hurt me a lot, he stopped watching now 1 month ago because our relationship started to suffer and I wasn't comfortable with him looking at nudes of solo girls. I was okay with normal porn though. Just the thought that he masturbates to other girls specifically wasn't so cool to me).

Now I'm really starting to miss doing the Photoshoots because I also made good money from it and it gave me lots of confidence.

What do I do now? I have no idea how to initiate a conversation regarding that topic...

Besides all of that our relationship is amazing and we really want to have a future together.

Tldr: Boyfriend doesn't want me to do erotic (not pornographic) photoshoots anymore but I miss it.

He just has a fragile ego.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for being upset at my mom for stealing food from Uber Eats?

Ok, so I want to start this post by stating two things: 1) I'm sorry if the title is wrong or confusing, english is not my first language and I had trouble making that sentence, if you could correct me I'd appreciate it. 2) I love my mom more than anything in this world, we've had some problems and we're going through a rough situation but I don't blame her at all for this. 3) There's a TLDR at the bottom.

So my mom and my siblings have been in a pretty rough situation for a couple of months now. My mom lost her job and our father is a crackhead good for nothing, our family doesn't really help us and we've been all alone for a good time, my grandfather (who was the only one that helped us) passed away recently, and left my mom his motorcycle, my mom, not being able to find a job, decided to work for Uber Eats and has done so for a couple of months, it's not like we can live from it because we don't have Wi-Fi or anything like that but she makes it work. God I love that woman.

Now, the problem started about three weeks ago. We got our light and water services cut off, we couldn't even afford food and if we did, we couldn't cook it but, magically, out of nowhere, big buckets of chicken would appear out of nowhere, pizza, tacos, all sorts of food. My brother and little sisters were happy because we haven't been able to eat that delicious food in a long time, so I just let it slip and thought she bought it.

After a week or so of that I asked her where she got that food from and she confessed to me she accepted Uber Eats trips and when she got the food she cancelled them so we could eat something, she said she felt terrible but if she didn't do that we wouldn't be able to eat. I got pretty upset and exploded over this, we got into a big argument and I called her a thief, I went to my room and I could hear her cry.

I told her if the problem was so big I could get a day job and study at night but she said if I do this I won't be able to graduate and to see me do it it's her biggest dream.

I feel really lovely and I don't know if I'm right or what. I know she's just doing what she has to do, but I feel extremely disappointed and embarrassed so, AITA?

TLDR; Family has been in a lovely spot for a few months, my mom has been cancelling Uber Eats trips after getting the food so we can eat something to eat, I exploded and called her a thief. AITA?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
[Serious] My (35M) girlfriend (24F) wants me to act like a horse when we have sex, and I’m not into it at all.

quote:

So, tiny bit of backstory, my girlfriend of 6 months loves horses, has all her life. An additional, seemingly relevant point is, during sex, she sometimes says stuff like ‘f*** me with that horse cock’. I’ve never thought much of it, I thought that was just a way of her saying it’s big. But she’s started to take it further and it’s turned into a bit of a fetish that I’m not entirely comfortable with. A few days ago, she told me she wanted to roleplay, and at first I was pretty on board, but then she said as horses. I laughed, thinking it was a joke and she took it the wrong way, and said she was tired and then went to sleep. I said gently caress it and, trying to make her feel better, said I’d do it the following day. Honestly it was okay but very, very weird, she got so into it and said it was the best she ever had, and next time wanted to buy costumes, and maybe do it on some hay. I told her no, and I didn’t want to do it again and she’s back to being mad at me. Am I being a dick here? I don’t know what to do. Sorry if wrong sub, just wanted a second opinion

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being upset at my mom for stealing food from Uber Eats?

Ok, so I want to start this post by stating two things: 1) I'm sorry if the title is wrong or confusing, english is not my first language and I had trouble making that sentence, if you could correct me I'd appreciate it. 2) I love my mom more than anything in this world, we've had some problems and we're going through a rough situation but I don't blame her at all for this. 3) There's a TLDR at the bottom.

So my mom and my siblings have been in a pretty rough situation for a couple of months now. My mom lost her job and our father is a crackhead good for nothing, our family doesn't really help us and we've been all alone for a good time, my grandfather (who was the only one that helped us) passed away recently, and left my mom his motorcycle, my mom, not being able to find a job, decided to work for Uber Eats and has done so for a couple of months, it's not like we can live from it because we don't have Wi-Fi or anything like that but she makes it work. God I love that woman.

Now, the problem started about three weeks ago. We got our light and water services cut off, we couldn't even afford food and if we did, we couldn't cook it but, magically, out of nowhere, big buckets of chicken would appear out of nowhere, pizza, tacos, all sorts of food. My brother and little sisters were happy because we haven't been able to eat that delicious food in a long time, so I just let it slip and thought she bought it.

After a week or so of that I asked her where she got that food from and she confessed to me she accepted Uber Eats trips and when she got the food she cancelled them so we could eat something, she said she felt terrible but if she didn't do that we wouldn't be able to eat. I got pretty upset and exploded over this, we got into a big argument and I called her a thief, I went to my room and I could hear her cry.

I told her if the problem was so big I could get a day job and study at night but she said if I do this I won't be able to graduate and to see me do it it's her biggest dream.

I feel really lovely and I don't know if I'm right or what. I know she's just doing what she has to do, but I feel extremely disappointed and embarrassed so, AITA?

TLDR; Family has been in a lovely spot for a few months, my mom has been cancelling Uber Eats trips after getting the food so we can eat something to eat, I exploded and called her a thief. AITA?

Yeah you're an rear end in a top hat, eat the food your mother provides you fuckin ingrate

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

quote:

My husband (34M) wants us to have a child together, I (26F) am traumatized by my first experience and am dreading going through it again
I had a child with another man. My son is 5 now. It's been 5 whole years and I'm still not over my experience while I was pregnant. First of all, I have a huge ginormous phobia of needles. Not only am I supposed to get vaccinated but I also have to get blood drawn. Also the epidural is the worst most tortuous pain I've experienced. Injecting fluid into your spine? Please don't remind me. I suppose I would have a child again via c section since that's how my son had to come. I just have to close my eyes and they do all the work. I'm not too into the thought of birthing. I also gained 40 lbs, had to get off my psyche medications klonopin and adderall, and had pregnancy induced hypoglycemia. It felt horrible. I also had an aversion to coffee of all things while pregnant, it made me nauseous. You're being violated, poked and prodded monthly then weekly. There's no such thing as personal space when you're pregnant, it's left a sour taste in my mouth.

On top of all this the prospects of motherhood is not something that has ever excited me. Don't get me wrong, I care greatly about my son's safety, growth and development. I deeply care about his health and happiness. It feels like my mission to ensure he has everything once he came into the world. BUT motherhood has never uplifted me. I don't feel accomplished or confident from it. When I got my ultra sound, I really couldn't care less. Once I held my son for the first time, I didn't cry I just thought it was all pretty wild I made life. I don't know if this is a sign that I'm sociopathic, or maybe I'm just weird. I don't get excited at typical things people do like baby animals. "That's so cute!" is not a phrase I ever use. I've been called cold, serious, intense and deadpan. You would think my attitude would drop during pregnancy of all things.

I feel like I'm a selfish c*!t most days. Honestly, when I do get pregnant again, I don't feel like I deserve him/her because of my attitude.

Anyways, I'm telling you guys all this because I want my husband to be happy. If he really wants a child, I can take one for the team, and suck it up. That's you can do when you're pregnant anyway. Every second sucks so you just learn to keep your mouth shut. But do you guys have any advice at all how to make it less traumatic and miserable? Also, do you think my lack of excitement and emotion for pregnancy is the sign of an antisocial personality disorder? For the women out there, do you have any idea how I can embrace motherhood in my own way?

TLDR: Husband wants us to have a child. I'm not too hot on the idea. Also is my attitude the sign of an anti-social personality disorder? How can I make the second time less traumatic and embrace motherhood?

I'll take "poo poo that should have been discussed years before marriage" for $1000, Alex.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
How does the Uber Eats scam even work? I thought the drivers put it on their cards and were reimbursed after delivery.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Xik posted:

[Serious] My (35M) girlfriend (24F) wants me to act like a horse when we have sex, and I’m not into it at all.

The way I look at it:

You either join her in her kink or she will find someone that will.

Horse isn't the worst thing I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I feel like "accept money, then don't bring food," should be a stunt the app only lets you pull once?