Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/markknoller/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The most powerful country on earth is refusing to pay for a catering staff.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

M_Gargantua posted:

The most powerful country on earth is refusing to pay for a catering staff.

I mean, I think they technically can't during the shutdown.

But noted billionaire Donald Trump, when having to pay for food from his own pocket, spent $50 to get some fast food.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
what a time to be alive gents

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

1) Trump 'caters' fast food at the White House and can't even be bothered to stock some Chick-fil-a for the Evangelical/Southern crowd lol

2) How much you wanna bet some random synapse firing made Trump remember the Warriors and Browns standing him up and he decided to go extra cheap 'just in case'.

3) At some point someone had to decide whether to present the food boxed or unboxed and decided to preserve a tiny shred of dignity and leave the limp soggy burgers unseen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So much of that food will end up in the trash :smith:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

3) At some point someone had to decide whether to present the food boxed or unboxed and decided to preserve a tiny shred of dignity and leave the limp soggy burgers unseen.

As you know, there are many people working from within Trump's administration to improve it. These are the real heroes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

McNally posted:

I mean, I think they technically can't during the shutdown.

But noted billionaire Donald Trump, when having to pay for food from his own pocket, spent $50 to get some fast food.

Which is also weird because thats like $1500 of fast food and you really could cater for cheaper at that point. Maybe Donald just doesn't know how much things cost and thinks fast food is just cheap?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Donald just doesn't know

Always a safe bet

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

Which is also weird because thats like $1500 of fast food and you really could cater for cheaper at that point. Maybe Donald just doesn't know how much things cost and thinks fast food is just cheap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_Qyk9DSUw

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Why is the president wearing a heavy coat indoors?

It's because he's fat as poo poo and is trying to hide it, but still what in the gently caress.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
This is some serious trailer park poo poo right here.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

It's surprising in that a poll got such a lopsided result. Even if you polled opinions on prostate cancer you might not see 89% thumbs-down.

It's not saying 89% oppose the wall, it's saying 89% didn't have their opinion changed.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the 2% that answered "yes" didn't understand the question and thought they were expressing support for the wall.

And thus 2019 was the year that dad jokes escaped into reality to begin their blood-soaked rampage.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The children that shovel coal into the white house furnace are also furloughed

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Not even going to judge his love of fast food, but who the gently caress eats fried chicken with a fork and knife?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

Not even going to judge his love of fast food, but who the gently caress eats fried chicken with a fork and knife?

Germaphobes.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
i cannot stop laughing at this

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That is the most insane poo poo I've seen in modern politics

Jesus Christ

Also we're not annexing you gently caress off, the insanity is leaking hard up here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

he's mad right

like hes doing the nixon talking to portraits thing, but instead this is his way to mask his gorge session in bed of the leftovers after everyone leaves

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

my kinda ape posted:

I think part of it is that Trump is basically an IRL internet troll which none of the olds running for president have any experience dealing with. Anyone who isn't 400 years old and is halfway intelligent isn't going to fall for that poo poo.

In a way Trump's addiction to posting makes him more culturally similar to people our age (like AOC) and we deal with that kind of poo poo every day.

Buncha fuckin' nerds studying public administration thinking they could run one of the most complex and extensive governments on Earth when they should have just played Eve Online and posted on 4chan instead.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
You can be racist 69 times, but once you're racist for the 70th time, it's no longer nice.

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1084975069691031552

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

So what the hell does he do now? Just sit and be racist while participating in floor votes?

https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1084976593364307969?s=20

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

You can be racist 69 times, but once you're racist for the 70th time, it's no longer nice.

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1084975069691031552
That's honestly far stronger of a statement than I'd have expected. It's far too little too late, but after years of mamby pamby weak condemnations I'll take it.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
tbh eating big macs in the white house state dining room would be a pretty good story

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

joat mon posted:

Buncha fuckin' nerds studying public administration thinking they could run one of the most complex and extensive governments on Earth when they should have just played Eve Online and posted on 4chan instead.

And most Ironically I think peak-goonfleet leadership would be more competent at administering any given department then the trump appointees. They may be poopsocking nerds but the lot of them managed a whole lot of lovely video game logistics.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Someone post the dinner scene from Talladega Nights.

e: oh gently caress yeah someone already did

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The thing that always cracks me up about Trump appointees is that for the most part the hard stuff, actually running the department, is done by career folks that aren't going anywhere when the administration changes over. Yet somehow they manage to gently caress that up in the most spectacular way possible by hiring insanely toxic people that purge all the career folks. Then the department/office/etc. falls apart. You couldn't do a more effective sabotage if you tried.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Putin is trying though! :v:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

And most Ironically I think peak-goonfleet leadership would be more competent at administering any given department then the trump appointees. They may be poopsocking nerds but the lot of them managed a whole lot of lovely video game logistics.

the GF finance team is basically full of irl successful sociopaths

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

The thing that always cracks me up about Trump appointees is that for the most part the hard stuff, actually running the department, is done by career folks that aren't going anywhere when the administration changes over. Yet somehow they manage to gently caress that up in the most spectacular way possible by hiring insanely toxic people that purge all the career folks. Then the department/office/etc. falls apart. You couldn't do a more effective sabotage if you tried.

People loyal to the government aren't loyal to one specific authoritarian leader, so competence is frequently punished.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

jfc what a tacky motherfucker

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

EBB posted:

So much of that food will end up in the trash :smith:

It already is? :shrug:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

jfc what a tacky motherfucker

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1084951796102189056

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Old teddy just getting up from the table like "gently caress you, you weak rear end sons of bitches"

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
teddy roosevelt would at least have the stones to ride out to joshua tree and shoot people

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

El Mero Mero posted:

It already is? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Tryzzub posted:

teddy roosevelt would at least have the stones to ride out to joshua tree and shoot people

"Is the Army still funded? Good. Tell them to shoot on sight."