Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gatts posted:

One of the most hilarious phases of American culture to me was the notion of the Indian Guru, wisdom and such. Having come from the Middle East and Pakistan/India region I can tell you the amount of "classism" is tremendous. India seeped in caste, Pakistan the wealthy do poo poo like buying politicians to divert rivers to flood and kill villages to protect their gardens, the help are routinely treated bad, in the Middle East/UAE the poo poo the Sheikhs do would make Caligula blush and the entire thing is built on slavery.

Right now, MBS is going "US, buddy, why're you making such a big deal out of Jamal? I don't get it. This is what we do every day. Why is this one the problem? You had no problem with this before." And of course, the problem is, it was someone with journalist connections and the media needs to protect their own.

Those guys just have a completely different level of regard for life and their head goes into the stratosphere somehow.

Blame the Beatles. They go find one Indian guy with some good weed who can sprout some bullshit, and the entire thing becomes one of the building blocks for how Boomers understand the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

This exists and he’s not been impeached??? What are you doing America.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

White Castle house is a better joke

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

trump bought 300 hamburgers for them then has 700 stacked up in his bedroom he plans to eat for the next week or two

apologies

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

You know, I just realized that we, as a thread, knew about the Ronald McDonald WhiteHouse before the players did.

Can you imagine being invited to the White House to meet the President (even if it's Trump), and you go out and you buy a nice new suit because it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and you know it's going to be one of the most distinguished moments in your life, and you open the door and there is just that slow, unfolding whaaat the fuuuuuuuck as look upon a sea of nuggets atop fine silver?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

pumpinglemma posted:

In that case, the really smart play would have been to give the journalists fast food but make a home-cooked meal for the guests, with Donald and Melania and Jared and Ivanka all pitching in like a human family. It would have removed most of the logistical difficulties for Donald since most of the work could be off-loaded to the rest of the family, it would have been an overt snub to the journalists he hates with a pre-made plausible excuse, it would have communicated that he was affected by the shutdown without looking whiny, and it would have been a great memory for the team - a lot of people have eaten at the White House, but very few people have eaten the President’s cooking.

Or alternative, overtly defying the law for the sake of America’s Brave Football Heroes, like he overtly defies every other law, but this time probably with public opinion on his side.

I am so very, very glad that Trump is not a competent fascist.

I let out an audible squeak looking at those kitties.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Looted for the needful tax.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

You know, I just realized that we, as a thread, knew about the Ronald McDonald WhiteHouse before the players did.

Can you imagine being invited to the White House to meet the President (even if it's Trump), and you go out and you buy a nice new suit because it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and you know it's going to be one of the most distinguished moments in your life, and you open the door and there is just that slow, unfolding whaaat the fuuuuuuuck as look upon a sea of nuggets atop fine silver?

I have no idea, but why did anybody show up?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fart City posted:

I’ve catered etiquette training meals for D1 football players and honestly they probably didn’t give a poo poo.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

skylined! posted:

I’ve catered etiquette training meals for D1 football players and honestly they probably didn’t give a poo poo.

Everyone seems to forget that these are good ol' jocks from the south.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Otteration posted:

I have no idea, but why did anybody show up?

Their coach is named Dabo and promised to retire from coaching if college players ever got paid.

You do the math.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
At this point SNL doesn't even need to write anything anymore, they can just faithfully recreate actual events from the white house and nobody will be able to tell the difference

Giggy posted:

Everyone seems to forget that these are good ol' jocks from the south.

You can hear at least one of them in a video of it saying 'I thought it was a joke...'

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Calibanibal posted:

gratz on scoring the only two siamese in the world without creepy crossed-eyes
And managed to find two Siamese that will sit for a second without meowing. They love to talk.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

uspol: BBQAnon

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Honestly if these top-tier athletes get weird special protein food at every opportunity and are as managed as some articles posted here have suggested then chowing down on some poo poo-food that tastes like childhood may not be the worst thing in the world.

Still, poor person's idea of a rich person indeed.

Edit:

empty whippet box posted:

At this point SNL doesn't even need to write anything anymore, they can just faithfully recreate actual events from the white house and nobody will be able to tell the difference

Legit satire at this point would be SNL devoting a whole episode to one sketch, featuring Alec Baldwin Trump engaging a Pelosi and Obama stand-in in a sober and thoughtful discussion of race and class in America. No commercial breaks. No jokes.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 15, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Democrazy posted:

New York has had famously archaic voting for years now. The whole system needs to be replaced, root and branch.
Tell Pennsylvania to get on the ball with their voting rules also. The Absentee Vote process is onerous and there's a law that if you give proof that you will be out of PA on election day and cast an absentee ballot but happen to be in the state you have to go to your local election place, have the absentee ballot destroyed, and vote in person. Michael Smerconish (CNN, SiriusXM) is in PA and talked about it on his radio show.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Still, poor person's idea of a rich person indeed.

It's like a 5-year-old's crayon drawing of what he'd do if he had a millyun dolerz.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah these Clemson athletes were bred in a lab and only eat specially-engineered football biscuits, so actually this dinner was a real treat

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

We honestly can't rule out the possibility that the President is actually a kid who wished to be big.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Data Graham posted:

It's like a 5-year-old's crayon drawing of what he'd do if he had a millyun dolerz.

It's literally one of the things a kid wishes for from Shaq in "Kazaam"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I know that a lot of Californians are surprised that a lot of people have to have an excuse to vote absentee.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Oregon. You get a ballot! you get a ballot! interacted with the DMV? YOU GET A BALLOT!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

Really the only good thing about everyone calling this trashy and dumb is now Fox News/Sarah is gonna find some white linesman chud to be all 'actually I love big macs!!!!!' and try to make this into a 'fight'.

I dream of red hat maga chuds having their Weddings and Anniversaries catered by Mcdonalds/ Wendys/ Burger King, in solidarity with the Orange one

...and then their wives/ significant others walk out on them the instant it happens, and all of it is on video

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

winterwerefox posted:

Oregon. You get a ballot! you get a ballot! interacted with the DMV? YOU GET A BALLOT!

Same for Washington. Only issue is our democratic party still uses a lovely caucus system instead of the primary which everyone gets mailed.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lycus posted:

I know that a lot of Californians are surprised that a lot of people have to have an excuse to vote absentee.

Mail ballots ought to be national, it's great to just have a few weeks to fill it out and the ability to research things

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

remusclaw posted:

We honestly can't rule out the possibility that the President is actually a kid who wished to be big.

What age? Cause his diet and idea of responsibility says 6, but his sullen attitude, and his sexual assault and rapes say 14.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TulliusCicero posted:

I dream of red hat maga chuds having their Weddings and Anniversaries catered by Mcdonalds/ Wendys/ Burger King, in solidarity with the Orange one

...and then their wives/ significant others walk out on them the instant it happens, and all of it is on video

Didn't someone already do that with Papa John's at their wedding reception? Posobiec?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Grondoth posted:

He only bought 4 pizzas.

The Mcdonalds he got was 2 for 5.

The Wendy's was from the value menu.

I cannot get over this
Wait, four pizzas? Four? For an entire football team & associates? That's not even enough for like, a minor family gathering or nerdy game night.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

remusclaw posted:

"Anyway, I bought every Zoltar in the tri-state area to get a little peace and quiet. Worked out perfectly: I haven't seen little Donnie in weeks, and got back to my real work - drinking scotch and hating the blacks."

- Fred Trump

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

The next team to win a championship in anything should sign Bob Mueller to a one-day contract so he can show up for the celebration at the White House and just, you know, talk to the President for a minute in between burgers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This goddamned Fast Food White House dinner is the funniest thing I have ever seen. I saw a tweet somewhere that said the Presidency has a stunning ability to create visual metaphors for itself and if Trump standing in front of silver platters stacked with 1$ Filet-o-fishes isn't about the perfect example, holy gently caress.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Glumslinger posted:

Mail ballots ought to be national, it's great to just have a few weeks to fill it out and the ability to research things
Yes. In NC I can look up my ballot online and can use that to fill out a cheat sheet. Just filling out the ballot instead of making a fake ballot to use to fill out the real ballot would be better.

Also, for Oregon and Washington: Do the Post Offices there have a special "put your election ballot here" thing going on like around April 15th when they have baskets just for tax returns?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

LeeMajors posted:

Didn't someone already do that with Papa John's at their wedding reception? Posobiec?

Oh gently caress I can't believe I forgot Bumble Jack did that

:lol:

What the gently caress is wrong with these people?!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

White Castle house is a better joke

The Man Who Would be Burger King

or

The Man in the White Castle

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If the shutdown lasts a few more weeks Trump is going to serve Papa John's to the Super Bowl champions.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

CannonFodder posted:

Yes. In NC I can look up my ballot online and can use that to fill out a cheat sheet. Just filling out the ballot instead of making a fake ballot to use to fill out the real ballot would be better.

Also, for Oregon and Washington: Do the Post Offices there have a special "put your election ballot here" thing going on like around April 15th when they have baskets just for tax returns?

In Seattle, there are ballot drop boxes around the city and throughout King county, but postage on ballots is free anyway.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tayter Swift posted:

The Man Who Would be Burger King

or

The Man in the White Castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDeTeqAjWxw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Can anyone tell me how a nation's leader:

Breaks the economy through a fundamental misunderstanding of economics

Has the most ongoing corruption investigations of any leader in the history of said country

Is seen as grossly incompetent by the grand majority of the population

Shut down their government's functions in a fit of rage

Has their own nation's intelligence agencies actively investigating them as an agent for a foreign power (seriously, the leader of a country is being investigated by their own loving agencies as a potential spy :psyduck:)

And that person remains leader, and nobody even tries to go "wait a loving minute, shouldn't we do something different?!"

Literally cause Mitch McConnell. He made not giving a solitary poo poo about anything other than getting "wins" for his party a thing long before Trump did and Gingrich before him as well. Actually the GOP has had an unbroken string of absolute scumbag party leaders in the senate going back to the days of Bob Dole being the last one who was even remotely reasonable.

Kale fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 15, 2019