Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

heard u like girls posted:

Coming soon :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNB565kQyJM

More Sim Settlements goodness from the absolute boy himself Kingath!

Making Pip Boy 4 goty year after year

the quality of kinggath really cant be overstated

dude just putting out one of the best game changing mods of all time and at a steady reliable pace, all while not succumbing to bizarre feature creep or mod drama that consumes most other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Dirty pip, that you can't stop
I know you like this dirty pip
This must be, pip

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

How long until Sim Settlements itself drowns the script processor?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

by then it will be the only mod we all need

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Hav posted:

Extremely unprofessional haters, and not at all indicative of all opinions.

I think it blows goats, as you can see from my steam review, oh they didn't that's right.

Have you ever worked for Rooster Teeth by chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhEh4oy9YE

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fawf posted:

No, I'm one of those consumer units that keep the whole bonfire fuelled who views this as 'entertainment'.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hav posted:

I think it blows goats, as you can see from my steam review, oh they didn't that's right.

Are you ESL? I'm having a hard time with this sentence here.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Fallom posted:

Are you ESL? I'm having a hard time with this sentence here.

Pretty sure he is, most of his posts are migraine fuel to try to parse.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Deadguy2322 posted:

It does. Enemies in a location lock to your level+/- 10 levels, so the faster you explore, the easier the game gets.

New Vegas has no scaling or locking, but generally teaches you to stick to the roads for safety.

New Vegas does have some level and loot scaling. In the base game after enough main quest missions are done veteran troops start to show up and they're much harder to kill. DLCs also tend to scale to the player, such as the super deadly Divide deathclaws or Giant-level enemies in Honest Hearts.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I had a disturbing experience with survival mode yesterday. I had just finished Hole in the Wall and was wrapping up making some starch in Hangman's Alley. I paused in the doorway and looked back at Curie, wondering if I should take her to Diamond City and see if she had anything interesting to say there.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps rapidly approaching. Before I can get fully turned around a gunner yells "LAST MISTAKE" and mows me down with an automatic at point blank range.

It was all so sudden. :cry:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fawf posted:

You know what? I am happy I stopped watching Rooster Teeth after they turned Red Vs Blue into a lovely CGI anime that one season.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

dont be mean to me posted:

How long until Sim Settlements itself drowns the script processor?

Oh, that's already happened. The reason game assets are in .ba2 files is that the scripting engine can't cram more than 64MB of data on directly, and tends to infinite loop if it does. It won't save the expanded list of plugins, but if you update a script to bump yourself over this limit you're kinda boned. Sim Settlements stored the gribbliest city planning object placement stuff directly in-script for speed of access, and now it ships standard with 15-actor reduced-detail city plans and optional downloads for larger ones.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

by then it will be the only mod we all need

It's really loving aces yea

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Arcsquad12 posted:

You know what? I am happy I stopped watching Rooster Teeth after they turned Red Vs Blue into a lovely CGI anime that one season.

RVB completely died when the show started trying to take itself seriously, around the time the AIs and the Dakotas popped up. It got so far up its own rear end about the Freelancer lore and largely stopped being about the jokes.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
In other words, "What? ...No, I meant why are we here, in this box canyon?" Was a whole lot funnier before they spent three seasons answering it.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Isn't Pipboy actually that little redhaired feller anyway

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

frankly my boy I don't give a drat

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Excels posted:

i was thinking of the new Dr Who season I think which is 90+ critic score and 20 something audience score but I guess that's a show not a movie, I think TLJ has like a 50% score discrepancy between critic and audience

The audience score is brigaded down because they dared to give a woman the lead role. Reddit again.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A lot of FO4 just didn't really grab me but I liked dicking around building water purifiers and tbh Nick Valentine owns a lot and I only played as much of that game as I did because I dragged him around everywhere.

Him and dogmeat.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Xarbala posted:

A lot of FO4 just didn't really grab me but I liked dicking around building water purifiers and tbh Nick Valentine owns a lot and I only played as much of that game as I did because I dragged him around everywhere.

Him and dogmeat.

I gave Dogmeat a box in Hangman's Alley and when we got attacked by gunners again he ran out and grabbed a legendary gunner so I could get a clear shot at her.

He is a good boy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Liquid Communism posted:

The audience score is brigaded down because they dared to give a woman the lead role. Reddit again.

The sad thing is I don't know which one you're referring to it could be both.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

mycot posted:

The sad thing is I don't know which one you're referring to it could be both.

basically anything that's come out, that's the internet now

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

heard u like girls posted:

He lies to his own wife about their gods n stuff, maybe he means well but he's just kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Daniel wasn't married to one of the Sorrows, his family was killed in New Canaan (which is why I try to cut him a tiny bit of slack no matter how annoying he is, dude's full of PTSD).

He was lying to Walking Cloud (I think that was the name?) about her husband being dead because he considered her too immature to be able to handle the truth, a symptom of his tendency to infantilize the Sorrows, but his relationship with everyone in the tribe was platonic.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
kinggath is responsible for about 60% of my Fallout 4 playtime

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the point where my disappointment reached its peak with FO4 was when i trekked all the way to the museum of witchcraft and they didn't even have a witch costume for me to dress my milf in. how hard would it have been...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That freefall mod has some pretty decent stuff in it. Already found some of the new lore so that’s nice.

Did notice a lot of food not giving you rads when you were hungry. I thought he mentioned he was trying to keep it as vanilla as possible so I dunno.

One quality of life thing I noticed is bloat fly bodies stay together in a bigger chunk so it’s easier to loot.

I appreciate that.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Excels posted:

the point where my disappointment reached its peak with FO4 was when i trekked all the way to the museum of witchcraft and they didn't even have a witch costume for me to dress my milf in. how hard would it have been...

I bet they’ll put one in fallout 76 eventually. Only $28.00.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Solarin posted:

frankly my boy I don't give a drat

actually, frankly was the scientist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

antidote posted:

Isn't Pipboy actually that little redhaired feller anyway

That is Toddboy

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

That is Toddboy

Wait is Todd the guy that tried to sell me a charge card and called me a retard when I said he was a scammer?

I hate that guy.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Hauki posted:

$28.00 (on sale™!) plus they'll remove the one you can buy in game for caps

Hauki
May 11, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

$28.00 (on sale™!) plus they'll remove the one you can buy in game for caps

well, obviously

“full” price would be $40.00

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Excels posted:

They could have at least had something spooky there instead of just another murder lizard like the one you killed three minutes out of the vault. Or hell at least let me hatch the egg and imprint on the baby deathclaw and turn it into a pet.

e: Apparently there was supposed to be another quest in Salem about kids with magic powers (from Skyrim) and a town that was afraid of them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hauki posted:

There's a Halloween witch costume in the base game.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Turns out the real vault was a bloody, distended anus all along

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Clark Nova posted:

Turns out the real vault was a bloody, distended anus all along

It needs the Goatse hands for full effect.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

looks like he had a stroke digging his way out of the vaulthole

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Daniel wasn't married to one of the Sorrows, his family was killed in New Canaan (which is why I try to cut him a tiny bit of slack no matter how annoying he is, dude's full of PTSD).

He was lying to Walking Cloud (I think that was the name?) about her husband being dead because he considered her too immature to be able to handle the truth, a symptom of his tendency to infantilize the Sorrows, but his relationship with everyone in the tribe was platonic.

I felt it was weird he would send walking cloud with me on a mission to assassinate other tribals, so yeah that makes sense.

I had to park her in the hills somewhere so she wouldnt rampage into the camps and get murdered lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

did the patch improve anything on ps4?

inb4 lol