Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Open Marriage Night posted:

You’re putting out some great books on the periphery. I’ll be interested to see what ongoing they eventually offer you.

You and me both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What are your top 3 want-to-writes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

You and me both!

Do you get to at least post your preferences as far as characters go or do they come to you with a “hey we’re interested in a X book”?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you get to at least post your preferences as far as characters go or do they come to you with a “hey we’re interested in a X book”?

I remember an editor saying once that almost every writer of consequence who's worked for Marvel in his tenure has pitched him on a Dr.Strange story. So I think so.

I think it might have been Axel Alonso?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Everything I've done so far has come from an editor emailing me saying "I saw you did X and liked it, I've got a spot on Y, would you like to do it?" with the answer invariably being "YUP"

Someone more established would probably be in a position to put forward their preferences, but I'm down for anything that comes my way.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember an editor saying once that almost every writer of consequence who's worked for Marvel in his tenure has pitched him on a Dr.Strange story. So I think so.

I think it might have been Axel Alonso?

Pretty sure it was Brevoort.

Writers are usually the ones getting solicited by editors. Every writer just has a Doctor Strange story ready if the time comes when they’re called upon. If a writer says he doesn’t have a Doctor Strange pitch he’s a goddamn liar.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
So, pre-Fear Itself, Doreen Green was hired to babysit for Luke and Jessica...

(New Avengers V2 #15)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Captain Marvel is all like "I'm gonna heave!"..... because of the squirrels? Seems like an overreaction, not like a bunch of skunks or bugs or whatever.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thebardyspoon posted:

Captain Marvel is all like "I'm gonna heave!"..... because of the squirrels? Seems like an overreaction, not like a bunch of skunks or bugs or whatever.

Maybe Spider-Man hasn't washed his FF costume in a long time.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

My read was that she was reacting to the squirrels mauling him off pannel (hence why Cage doesn't want them near the baby).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nyeehg posted:

My read was that she was reacting to the squirrels mauling him off pannel (hence why Cage doesn't want them near the baby).

Why would they be mauling him? He gave up.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

thebardyspoon posted:

Maybe she's drunk.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Overwhelmed by the sickening cuteness of squirrel ferocity

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jordan7hm posted:

Maybe she's drunk.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Man, when Quicksilver is calling you out for being a bad superhero...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pietro is a dick sometimes, but he's redeemed by tending to Lockjaw.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That Ms. Marvel ultra-wedgie... :gonk:

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

Why would they be mauling him? He gave up.

Oh, I thought that was just amid fight compliment :downs:. Nevermind, I don't know what Carols deal is.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
So are Squirrel Girl's squirrel's indoctrinated like Hydra agents, or is she just that inspiring to the critters? In her early appearances, many squirrels explicitly do die in her service.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The latter. Squirrel Girl's real power is cultivating excellent social relationships with the squirrels genetic happenstance allowed her to talk to.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Like, she's manifestly really good at networking, she ran into Iron Man in the woods one day and within half an hour was fighting Doctor Doom with him and locking him down as a pal for life. If I got "talks to animals" powers I doubt I could get one bluejay to steal me a sandwich.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So the Marvel Universe and Rick and Morty had a crossover?

https://youtu.be/ouwtdH2zt9s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Blues posted:

Like, she's manifestly really good at networking, she ran into Iron Man in the woods one day and within half an hour was fighting Doctor Doom with him and locking him down as a pal for life. If I got "talks to animals" powers I doubt I could get one bluejay to steal me a sandwich.
He even built a special Iron Man suit for her and Tippy Toe.

Plus her Twitter game is on fire.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

He even built a special Iron Man suit for her and Tippy Toe.

Plus her Twitter game is on fire.

Not to diminish their relationship, but Tony has one of these for every person he ever met. In a recent story, he had one lying around for Laura, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
Some addicts will never get clean. They can only trade one addiction for another.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I think Laura canonically used one to fight Fin Fang Foom.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I remember that being a plain old jet pack but it's been a while.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Galvanik posted:

I remember that being a plain old jet pack but it's been a while.

You are correct. Apparently the Iron Man armor was in the Madripoor arc.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hajime No Ippo - Chapters 1242-1243

Setup: Ippo has taken on a disciple, after retiring from professional boxing, and has slowly been training him. However he's just been informed his disciple is in a street fight, and he rushes to his aid, only to learn that it's his disciple that's instigated the whole thing and has been using Ippo the whole time just to get stronger.

To add insult to injury, the disciple knocks Ippo's training gloves into the rain; a precious momento from his coach that he treasures with all his heart.

Kid is knocked unconscious, and eventually joins Ippo's boxing gym after learning his lesson

Ippo has been continuously serialised for 30 years by the same artist and writer, George Morikawa.
In all of those many years of serialisation, this is the first time you've ever seen Ippo absolutely truly pissed off at anyone. He's also an incredibly honest character, so as a professional boxer he knows how serious striking a civilian is and spends the next few chapters seeking penance by attempting to hand himself into the police.

Just a really wonderful sequence, showing off how powerful Ippo is, backed by some incredible linework.

(As always, apologies for the length, tried to limit it to the setup pages only. Can't do anything about the watermarks either!)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey, it's the plot from Rocky 5.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Ippo has been continuously serialised for 30 years by the same artist and writer, George Morikawa.
In all of those many years of serialisation, this is the first time you've ever seen Ippo absolutely truly pissed off at anyone. He's also an incredibly honest character, so as a professional boxer he knows how serious striking a civilian is and spends the next few chapters seeking penance by attempting to hand himself into the police.

Just a really wonderful sequence, showing off how powerful Ippo is, backed by some incredible linework.

(As always, apologies for the length, tried to limit it to the setup pages only. Can't do anything about the watermarks either!)

It also has the best, most puerile, recurring joke.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ippo's humor is pretty dumb, but I'd by lying if I said it wasn't hilarious at times.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Monaghan posted:

Ippo's humor is pretty dumb, but I'd by lying if I said it wasn't hilarious at times.

Ippo still has my favorite funny moment with the guy who gets attacked by an angry bear and fights it and wins but spares its life when he sees the cubs. Then someone else kills the bear and serves it for dinner without knowing the moment they had, and he tearfully eats with everyone else out of respect for the bear's life.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Glagha posted:

Ippo still has my favorite funny moment with the guy who gets attacked by an angry bear and fights it and wins but spares its life when he sees the cubs. Then someone else kills the bear and serves it for dinner without knowing the moment they had, and he tearfully eats with everyone else out of respect for the bear's life.

But then he wears the bear's skin to the ring the very next chapter and fashions himself as a wild bear-killing barbarian with scars on his chest from bear fighting.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Toshimo posted:

But then he wears the bear's skin to the ring the very next chapter and fashions himself as a wild bear-killing barbarian with scars on his chest from bear fighting.

Wouldn't we all, had we killed a bear?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah I'm sorry but bear killer would be the one thing that supercedes goat fucker

Edit: assuming you uppercut it or suplex it to death

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Calaveron posted:

Yeah I'm sorry but bear killer would be the one thing that supercedes goat fucker

Edit: assuming you uppercut it or suplex it to death

what if you hosed it to death what do you get called then

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

quite stretched out posted:

what if you hosed it to death what do you get called then

The Legend

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The aforementioned Takamura vs A Bear:

No, I don't remember why I uploaded this to my imgur account a year ago.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That would fit perfectly in the other thread, its the funniest page I've seen in months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Alacron posted:

The aforementioned Takamura vs A Bear:

No, I don't remember why I uploaded this to my imgur account a year ago.

Infinitum posted:

Hajime No Ippo - Chapters 1242-1243

Setup: Ippo has taken on a disciple, after retiring from professional boxing, and has slowly been training him. However he's just been informed his disciple is in a street fight, and he rushes to his aid, only to learn that it's his disciple that's instigated the whole thing and has been using Ippo the whole time just to get stronger.

To add insult to injury, the disciple knocks Ippo's training gloves into the rain; a precious momento from his coach that he treasures with all his heart.

Kid is knocked unconscious, and eventually joins Ippo's boxing gym after learning his lesson

Manga can be really, really good