Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also it turns out she's the reigning ncaa champion on the floor, so she had it in her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

(I paid)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1085181717663621120

how long until the streaming bundle

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Me (8am, January 14, 2019):
"Hah, look at Donnie feeding those Clemson players lovely fast food that's been likely sitting around for hours."

Also Me (2pm, January 14, 2019):
"Yeah, a dozen chicken wings from 7-Eleven sounds like a good idea for lunch."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like 7 11 chicken wings exist only to be eaten as dares

I always laugh when ppl get indignant about this

~two dollars!~

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The price rises and the amount of content offered falls in favor of a bunch of in house productions that aren't generally that good, you don't see why that would bug people?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

also the content gets spread out to a bunch of different services, so now most people are paying for at least 2 or 3 services between Netflix / Prime / Hulu / Crunchyroll. Let alone the sports packages if you need that.

It's our dark a la carte future~

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
People always dreamed of the death of cable and the introduction of ala-cart programming. Well you shouldn’t have wished on a Monkeys Paw.

The combination of content being Balkanized between several different subscriptions and the cable companies raising internet price to compensate for lost revenue is going to make everything more expensive than ever.

Hope you cord cutters enjoyed that short window of time where you could save money because that’s closing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Just got a call from the recruiter. My salary expectation was good, they approved it, they are moving forward with me and I will be receiving a call from my manager soon with the verbal offer followed by the offer letter.

1. More money
2. Less responsibility
3. I get to move to Columbus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its cheaper everywhere but the US basically, so just learn to love watching Japanese Dramas that weren't good enough for the I swear to god I'm not making this channel up, "Samurai Drama Network"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Me (8am, January 14, 2019):
"Hah, look at Donnie feeding those Clemson players lovely fast food that's been likely sitting around for hours."

Also Me (2pm, January 14, 2019):
"Yeah, a dozen chicken wings from 7-Eleven sounds like a good idea for lunch."

Are you hosting the Queen of England or something???

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

Its cheaper everywhere but the US basically, so just learn to love watching Japanese Dramas that weren't good enough for the I swear to god I'm not making this channel up, "Samurai Drama Network"

I appreciate them telling you exactly what you get.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, Seinfeld loves cars but hes very specific. Hes a Porsche fanatic. A few of his cars went on sale last year or year before and fetched a poo poo rear end ton load of money.

Leno has cool cars, and he drives them, but hes a loving dickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

He’s a Porsche fanatic but he’s got a lot of really cool cars (obviously nothing like Leno) but to say it’s Porsche specific is wrong as well.

He also owns over a dozen Saabs! At least, he did, but it’s been a while since I’ve become privy to all this information.

Leno has an awesome appreciation for everything automotive - I’m a bigger fan of Leno the car guy over Seinfeld the car guy. That’s about all Jay has over Jerry

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Don't watch TV just F5 the forums constantly like I do.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The trick is to share your streaming services between several people so you aren't paying full price for everything. There's like 5 people using our netflix and hulu accounts.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Intruder posted:

The price rises and the amount of content offered falls in favor of a bunch of in house productions that aren't generally that good, you don't see why that would bug people?

I mean, I get why people get frustrated at the implications of it, its just funny when you step back and remember is a total 24 dollars a year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People drive an extra ten miles to find a gas station where you save one cent per gallon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i mean :filez: is easier than ever.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

The trick is to share your streaming services between several people so you aren't paying full price for everything. There's like 5 people using our netflix and hulu accounts.

But you can do that with cable too. My traditional cable sub (linear video that I can TiVo and ad-skip from my cold dead hands) gives me 10 "email accounts" that can all auth to the network portals.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pleas don't steal from the artists

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s a Porsche fanatic but he’s got a lot of really cool cars (obviously nothing like Leno) but to say it’s Porsche specific is wrong as well.

He also owns over a dozen Saabs! At least, he did, but it’s been a while since I’ve become privy to all this information.

Leno has an awesome appreciation for everything automotive - I’m a bigger fan of Leno the car guy over Seinfeld the car guy. That’s about all Jay has over Jerry

I know hes got 100+, but his collection is definitely Porsche specific. poo poo, at one point like 50 of them were just rare Porsches. Last time he sold off stock it was less than 10 cars that sold for 22 million.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I just dont watch TV

:smug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The basic point is that psychologically you hate the idea of paying more than you have been for something, even moreso when you're paying more to get less

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Bootleg streaming sites are a never ending game of whack a mole as they get shut down. And is torrenting even really a thing anymore?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Not if you used to solely survive using the private forums that replaced DPPH :-( it’s forever gone

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh no, you might have to pay to watch things you enjoy...the humanity.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I don't enjoy anything.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

iwentdoodie posted:

I know hes got 100+, but his collection is definitely Porsche specific. poo poo, at one point like 50 of them were just rare Porsches. Last time he sold off stock it was less than 10 cars that sold for 22 million.

17!

https://www.schumachercargo.com/blog/4-impressive-facts-jerry-seinfelds-car-collection/

His garage stuff is cool too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

It’s more I’d prefer watch it at home versus at the theater. If it’s a goofy action like avengers I’ll go to theater but otherwise yuck no thanks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bootleg streaming sites are a never ending game of whack a mole as they get shut down. And is torrenting even really a thing anymore?

Torrents are absolutely still a thing, and the last place I worked people were just paying some guy like 100 bucks for hacked Amazon Fire sticks that could stream almost everything you could think of. Including lovely cam versions of movies that were still in theaters so they could tell me a movie sucked because the saw a shaky 240p version of it with sound from the cell phone's built in microphone.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

my ethics of piracy and consumption is that I will pay for any product that is willing to make itself reasonably available

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

my ethics of piracy and consumption is that I will pay for any product that is willing to make itself reasonably available

Same

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

How many streaming services do people run

I only have Netflix, Crunchyroll, and NJPW World

I have Prime but thats for ordering books so the streaming is kind of a side thing for me

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now. Same with Prime as a side-effect of using it for shipping.

Also pay for Spotify, but that's not the same category of streaming service.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Netflix, Sky Go (but thats bundled with my Sky sub), Game Pass, Prime (got prime for deliveries though)

Spotify is probably the only one thats 100% worth the fee id say, the others all have issues that id say they are not quite worth it, but theres not a better option.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Not if you used to solely survive using the private forums that replaced DPPH :-( it’s forever gone

you mean BTB?

There's whole communities for files that are private. Torrenting is still really easy, as is getting something from usenet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Netflix, Hulu (got a year for $1 a month), WWE Network (lol), Prime (which I would have with or without video)

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I have Netflix, Prime, and CBS all access (only during football season because they carry Chiefs games, I'll drop it next month). And Spotify. I don't have cable. My wife and I watch enough netflix that I'll happily absorb the cost increase.

I had crunchyroll and hulu as well at one point, but I wasn't watching either of them enough to justify the cost.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

:lol: Opened Facebook to see someone post about the Netflix increase and say "*sigh* I use Hulu more anyway. Ditching Netflix by summer." There you go, Mel.

In a similar vein, we get a water bill from the city once year, and the only thing on it is a flat-rate charge for sewer and storm drains. It's like $20 once a year, but my wife goes nuts complaining for five minutes or so about how we shouldn't have to pay it because we don't use either of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

WWE Network

get on that NJPW train, next stop, AEW-ville