Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

sand and heat is gonna break those electronics down in a month or so

if someone doesn’t stumble across it first that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Not a Children posted:

Why are you driving 240 miles a day

he loves car

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Not a Children posted:

Why are you driving 240 miles a day

we drove from atlanta to california to see my family

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

don't put your family in a car that freezes up when you use the radio Jesus christ

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
after 4 years of working in vr, i am going to get my first personal vr rig to practice driving in cuz i haven't driven for 7 years

lol

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

we drove from atlanta to california to see my family

you seriously trusted a tesla to do a cross country drive?

how many times did you have to stop and stay the night to charge it

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

bob dobbs is dead posted:

after 4 years of working in vr, i am going to get my first personal vr rig to practice driving in cuz i haven't driven for 7 years

lol

haha

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

you see, if you crash in real life, you can die in real life

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

lol

you got a good run going, why spoil it now

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My Linux Rig posted:

you seriously trusted a tesla to do a cross country drive?

how many times did you have to stop and stay the night to charge it

yeah totally, i have insurance with roadside assistance, only drove from 7am thru 10pm to be sure we wouldn't have to be rescued at 2am.

the tesla superchargers charge at rate of 120 kw/h so it's always done charging before we go to the restroom and change our daughter's diaper

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

i like evs though, the model 3 is the only one my family fits in at the price. all the other companies like gm and vw have something coming but it's gonna be at least 2 years. i got my model 3 on the 14th last month and put 7,200 miles on it, it's actually a good car.

tesla still sucks as a company though

source you are quotes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

My Linux Rig posted:

you got a good run going, why spoil it now

new job is gonna be real far from caltrain + bart

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

oh poo poo your serious. goondolences on the lovely car .

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nfcknblvbl posted:

yeah totally, i have insurance with roadside assistance,

lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dude bought a Tesla and had a kid?

I constantly use used needles in the hopes of getting super powers, but there are some risks that are too crazy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Dude bought a Tesla and had a kid?

I constantly use used needles in the hopes of getting super powers, but there are some risks that are too crazy.

no one said he liked the kid

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

My Linux Rig posted:

sand and heat is gonna break those electronics down in a month or so

if someone doesn’t stumble across it first that is

that'd be a cool long now project though, i am sure one could do a lot better with a lot simpler stuff

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

yeah totally, i have insurance with roadside assistance, only drove from 7am thru 10pm to be sure we wouldn't have to be rescued at 2am.

the tesla superchargers charge at rate of 120 kw/h so it's always done charging before we go to the restroom and change our daughter's diaper

they have Tesla chargers frequent enough from California to Georgia to make that possible?

also doubling that lol on the roadside assistance

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

new job is gonna be real far from caltrain + bart

goondolences, i had to give up my train commute a year ago and i still miss it

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My Linux Rig posted:

they have Tesla chargers frequent enough from California to Georgia to make that possible?

also doubling that lol on the roadside assistance

yep https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=cfa992a7-0203-4b2c-a7b9-5d69b2c9db98 thats the route we took, and it was about 4 days each way

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
This guy is a liar cuz the Chevy ev costs less than the model 3, has better range, and fits the same amount of people and stuff lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

imagine taking a road trip where you can't stray 50 miles off route to go see the world's large thumbtack or w/e because you might run out of battery

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lmao if you didn't make it a priority from planning day 1 to visit the world's largest thumbtack

dash buttons are too efficient even for germans apparently

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Nfcknblvbl posted:

i like evs though, the model 3 is the only one my family fits in at the price. all the other companies like gm and vw have something coming but it's gonna be at least 2 years. i got my model 3 on the 14th last month and put 7,200 miles on it, it's actually a good car.

tesla still sucks as a company though

get a volt you loving idiot

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Endless Mike posted:

imagine taking a road trip where you can't stray 50 miles off route to go see the world's large thumbtack or w/e because you might run out of battery

I’m just surprised they have so many of those in the middle of loving nowhere

makes me wonder how much they cost and what they look like

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Endless Mike posted:

ask them about nearly freezing to death on the highway when a mild snow storm slowed traffic.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
suddenly im thinking of a guy that my friend works with that practically drives from fresno to here every day in some GM EV and bogarts their work charger

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

lmao if you didn't make it a priority from planning day 1 to visit the world's largest thumbtack

sounds like they just need to make it "two touch" ie to confirm it with an email to comply with german law?

thats how i always figured dash buttons should work... you push button when low on something, get a digest of reorders at the end of the week or whatever. but of course the current behavior lets you randomly buy poo poo so thats how amazon has it work

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

still have no idea why anybody would want one of these, but one of my coworkers swore by them for ordering baby diapers

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lancemantis posted:

suddenly im thinking of a guy that my friend works with that practically drives from fresno to here every day in some GM EV and bogarts their work charger

Can't wait for 20k concurrently charging cars to strain the electric grid in a major city at 9AM every morning

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

get a volt you loving idiot

no gently caress you the only reason to put a battery and electric motor in a car is to replace a gas engine not compliment it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

I’m just surprised they have so many of those in the middle of loving nowhere

makes me wonder how much they cost and what they look like

have you really never seen a tesla charging station?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

man i wish i could find that tweet someone had of how rich kids of the future will "dash race" by pushing all their parents buttons as fast as possible and the first one to max out the attached credit card loses

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

dragon enthusiast posted:

still have no idea why anybody would want one of these, but one of my coworkers swore by them for ordering baby diapers

plenty of people have too much money and love the mindless convenience of our tech overlords

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dragon enthusiast posted:

ugh amazon prices for diapers are like CVS or worse

costco all the way

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my wife bought diapers at TJ Maxx/Ross

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I still think its wild to buy cheeze its or whatever from amazon and have a button to reorder them

its like people extending work to home and having a digital office manager

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

hobbesmaster posted:

sounds like they just need to make it "two touch" ie to confirm it with an email to comply with german law?

thats how i always figured dash buttons should work... you push button when low on something, get a digest of reorders at the end of the week or whatever. but of course the current behavior lets you randomly buy poo poo so thats how amazon has it work

1-click ordering binch

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Not a Children posted:

Can't wait for 20k concurrently charging cars to strain the electric grid in a major city at 9AM every morning

its all about when v2g gets big and people living in abandoned suburbs charge their car during the night in civilization then plug it in at home to keep the kids from dying from the super heat in the day by powering the house a/c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

hobbesmaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTv0N_9M2vY