Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best moment in Part 7 is the winter catfish guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering how good Pink Giorno looks (significantly better than blue tbh) I have faith a Johnny recolor would look good.

God help them if they change Jolyne's black and green color scheme though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Black and yellow Jolyne is okay.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

i still hold that you could age everyone up in the gang by like 4-5 years and it would be vastly better

Theyd also look identical so really, at that point, what does it even matter?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

RatHat posted:

Also Coco Large are you loving kidding me.

Tonio Trendy

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Funky Valentine posted:

Mr. President Requiem

That ain't Tor the Shuttle Zord

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
Really enjoying the voice actors they got for Prosciutto and Pesci so far, especially the "Beach Boy!" stand cry thing that Pesci did when he first pulled it out.

He's definitely one of my favourite minor villains in that he gets his own tiny character arc and becomes such a badass. Which then forces Bucciarati to up his game and pull off some of the crazier poo poo he ever does with them zips.

Good episodes to come!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

beach boy as a stand terrifies me and i've already seen anime-only people underestimating pesci so it's going to be fun to see their reactions in the next week or so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They shoulda called it Ocean Man instead of Fisher Man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They should've a lot of things a lot of other things

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thankful Death is a good name change imo

It sounds cool

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

They shoulda called it Ocean Man instead of Fisher Man

My first thought would’ve been Coastal Child. :v:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Seaside Fetus

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
finally i feel prepared to answer questions about king crimson in a few months

it's just this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah the constant underage stuff with lucy sucks so much that actual teenage characters being horny for each other really just doesn't register to me

i look forward to revisiting this convo when giorno sucks mista's dick in a couple months

also the stuff with trish is like, the most lowkey and bored horny i've seen in anime, it feels like it had to check off a box
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/736714274509193216

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

CodfishCartographer posted:

It’s always kinda come off to me like Araki gives the characters ages in the teens so that they’ll be popular with teenagers, but then continues writing them as thought they were adults. Which...doesn't really work that well lmao.

Yes, it completely loving sucks and most of them don't actually act like teenagers either so the ages make no sense.

Josuke and Okuyasu act like teenagers; they seem to be the rare exceptions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You could add 5 years to the age of every JoJo high schooler except Josuke and the Duwang Gang and you wouldn't even have to make any significant changes to them.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 14, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
weather report would be 44

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
jotaro would be allowed to smoke legally

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yes, it completely loving sucks and most of them don't actually act like teenagers either so the ages make no sense.

I don't know, Jotaro calling his mom a bitch but still caring about her deeply seems pretty teenager-like behavior.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I mean usually characters act older than they actually are in manga series, especially battle manga. If they acted like real teenagers most of them would be annoying as poo poo.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't know, Jotaro calling his mom a bitch but still caring about her deeply seems pretty teenager-like behavior.

Also how he's trying really hard to act cool at all times.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

How many Stand names got to be kept in the subs in this Part so far? It feels like as the series goes on, we get less and less of the original musical references actually allowed to be subtitled.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If we're talking Stands, then it's just Mr. President.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Since part 3, Heavens Door and Mr. President have been the only ones they’ve kept. Even in part 3 there were a lot of changes, but aside from Cool Ice and Dan of Steel (which is the translation of the characters used to represent his name in the original and still technically a reference) they were just changed to other musical references. Theres Enyaba too but again that’s still a reference. Prior to that, only Santana had his name changed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wish they weren't so damned lazy with these name changes, it feels like the recent ones have little to no thought put into them and are just giving them dumb names, for the most part, don't always reflect the original name. Like, Moody Jazz is fine, but then you've got Lil Bomber and Fisher Man and Zipper Man and it's like "what"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

fisher man actually kind of works if you consider the original name

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Only for the latter half.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I was down on Six Bullets and Zipper Man for a while but then I found out there are actual songs called that so I’ve warmed up a little to those ones. Jury’s still out on Lil’ Bomber though.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

I was down on Six Bullets and Zipper Man for a while but then I found out there are actual songs called that so I’ve warmed up a little to those ones. Jury’s still out on Lil’ Bomber though.

If they're still songs, then what's the point? Agh

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
six bullets is also a western movie so it's even better

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

dudermcbrohan posted:

six bullets is also a western movie so it's even better

Is Clint Eastwood in it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol at the new part 5 op being named Traitors Requiem

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's just going to be shots of Fugo looking sinister as hell.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I think the traitors refer to the gang (traitors to the boss). Unless the second half of the anime turns into a slice of life about fugo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Giorno declared his intent to murder his boss in the second episode of the anime, rocket science this ain’t

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Augus posted:

Giorno declared his intent to murder his boss in the second episode of the anime, rocket science this ain’t

The "Requiem" part is amusing, although it's not really a spoiler either.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1086333555020488704

Heeeeeeey, its finally coming!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hmm, I know they explicitly said they wouldn't be using the JoJonium format for the DiU releases, but it's still hella jarring that they're going with the early Part 4 ULTRA PUNCHMAN style for Josuke on the cover there (yes, I know it's taken directly from the original manga artwork, but it's not really representative of what most of that part looks like).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arist posted:

Hmm, I know they explicitly said they wouldn't be using the JoJonium format for the DiU releases, but it's still hella jarring that they're going with the early Part 4 ULTRA PUNCHMAN style for Josuke on the cover there (yes, I know it's taken directly from the original manga artwork, but it's not really representative of what most of that part looks like).

Yeah but the twinkier art from later in part 4 isn't representative of the art in early part 4