Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Salty Josh posted:

The way I look at it:

You either join her in her kink or she will find someone that will.

Horse isn't the worst thing I've heard.

I'm pretty sure the someone that she finds will be an actual horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Regardless of being a mandated reporter or not, if you see a child getting abused it is your moral duty to report that poo poo to the proper authorities (CPS, police) immediately.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
and then go all john wick on the situation

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

sneakyfrog posted:

and then go all john wick on the situation

what, it's just a bunch of kids

come back to this when it's a dog who gets hurt.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

spacetoaster posted:

I lost my poo poo at "After a couple of months".

I couldn't deal with that kind of treatment for 1 day.

Sounds like he was kicked out for being a little poo poo.

At age 24.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

I wonder if mom took the bigotry hit as the only way she could get rid of him.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Renegret posted:

what, it's just a bunch of kids

come back to this when it's a dog who gets hurt.

oh for some reason had the impression it was an adult abusing a child.

don't beat up kids

atomic wedgie them.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Renegret posted:

People who get paid minimum wage put in the minimum amount of effort.

The entire industry is so loving stupid, it's baffling sometimes.

I totally understand that attitude if you’re working retail or some other lovely job like that, but I’d hope people would care a little bit if they saw a child or other vulnerable person being abused at their job, regardless of how much they’re getting paid. I’m overestimating a lot of people here, I know.

Edit: childcare workers and anyone involved in social work deserve to get paid way way more, both for the importance of the work and for how much bullshit they have to put up with.

wizardofloneliness fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 15, 2019

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

It's insanely hosed up that people are so scared of making a fuss that they'll let someone literally beat a child rather than speak up.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

spacetoaster posted:

So they decided they were a manbaby trapped in a woman's body? Didn't know that was a thing.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Boiled Water posted:

Sounds like he was kicked out for being a little poo poo.

At age 24.

Darkhold posted:

So they decided they were a manbaby trapped in a woman's body? Didn't know that was a thing.

Or it's some anti-trans propaganda written up by some chud, it certainly fits in with their whole "trans people are the ultimate snowflakes" angle.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
yeah thats gotta be a LIE! a human cant be lovely?!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

sneakyfrog posted:

oh for some reason had the impression it was an adult abusing a child.

It was an adult abusing a child.

I'm saying you should only go john wick if it was an adult abusing a dog.

Dogs are more important.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Edit: childcare workers and anyone involved in social work deserve to get paid way way more, both for the importance of the work and for how much bullshit they have to put up with.

Like I said, the industry is baffling. The teachers are always part time, underpaid, and underemployed. You need a minimum of a bachelors in education to be hired to change diapers for 8 hours a day at minimum wage without benefits. Tuition is crazy expensive and for a dual family income, it sometimes costs the entirety of one of the parent's incomes, yet they run on paper thin margins and aren't very profitable. To actually manage a center properly requires a poo poo ton of knowledge about the ins and outs of the regulations, but there's no real way to get trained other than being thrown to the wolves. Especially in cases of small shops like in the OP, they get their start because the "owner" is a stay at home mom who likes kids and thinks they're in expert in raising children because they turned 2 kids into functional adults. In reality, running a center is a corporate hellscape just like running any other business, and a lot of people who find themselves in that position are woefully unprepared. The only solution to that is to hire a full time director who (hopefully) knows how to do it, but now you just cut into your already thin margins.

The job that my wife got where the owner had a CPE case opened on her? The owners were a husband/wife combo, the wife was a stay at home mom who had a dream of owning a business while the husband already owned a car dealership which he used to funnel money into the new business. My wife fled to a new job in less than a year because she was getting dragged into the middle of their divorce.

The dumbest part of all is that the success of a center relies on it's location and not the quality of the education they're providing. So you could dump a ton of money getting every accreditation under the stars, but it won't boost enrollment at all because parents need to drive an extra 5 minutes to get there. And that's why so many places are so dysfunctional but get away with it. Parents have no idea how bad the corners are being cut until the state steps in and shuts the place down.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
there are many things deserving of pencil deaths. :catbert:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Moon Atari posted:

I'm pretty sure the someone that she finds will be an actual horse.

I couldn’t figure out from the post whether the woman’s fantasy is about her, a human woman, having sex with a horse, or if it’s about actually being a mare and having sex with other horses.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
An ‘orse

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

I couldn’t figure out from the post whether the woman’s fantasy is about her, a human woman, having sex with a horse, or if it’s about actually being a mare and having sex with other horses.

she is zorro and he is tornado

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Maybe its a Centaur thing? Look, the one thing we can sure about is that it isn't her as a horse having sex with a human man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

wtf

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Kinda curious about the overlap of people calling out that dude who went nuts for not getting head and the people who minimized that dude griping about not wanting to bang his wife for a hour a day, tbh

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Biomute posted:

Or it's some anti-trans propaganda written up by some chud, it certainly fits in with their whole "trans people are the ultimate snowflakes" angle.

slate.com

the chudliest of sites.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

Kinda curious about the overlap of people calling out that dude who went nuts for not getting head and the people who minimized that dude griping about not wanting to bang his wife for a hour a day, tbh

No one should have to do something sexually they don't want to do. If someone and their partner aren't compatible sexually, split up or shut up.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Looks like UberEats just lets drivers scam whenever they want and doesn't compensate the victims, according to this well-researched, if really annoying article writer
https://mic.com/articles/187104/uber-eats-drivers-might-be-stealing-your-food#.SrkcMQYOe

How do these people not simply chargeback their credit cards if Uber tries to pull this? It wouldn't take a whole lot of people doing this before Visa/Mastercard come down on Uber and tell them to cut the poo poo or go out of business.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA If I expose the Mormon church for the fraud it is to my entirely-mormon family?

Lmao that he thinks he's gonna blow the lid off the Mormon church. They will absolutely ignore everything and just cut you out of their lives

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Biomute posted:

What is the definition of "demanding" here? Would "state that you require" be a synonym? I don't think either of your statements are wrong or anything, but it takes some effort to integrate them with each other. The dude was acting very entitled and childish, but just how should one try to negotiate these kinds of situations under patriarchy?

Demand, require, now we're getting into semantics. The guy acted like his wife had no right to refuse to give him a BJ. When I said I wouldn't "demand" sex from an SO, I meant I wouldn't try to make them do something they did not want to do.

quote:

Are you saying that you think it is acceptable to have sexual preferences, and act on them (say, by breaking up with someone who you are incompatible with), but if you want to be safe, you should keep silent about these preferences and whether or not you're acting on them, lest you pressure your partner sexually? People change, and preferences change, so spelling everything out beforehand might not be enough.

If my wife suddenly quit wanting to have sex with me, I would try to have a discussion with her as to why the sudden change. I wouldn't scream at her and tell her she owes it to me, then stomp out of the house.

Sex is part of a normal, healthy adult relationship. If you are not compatible in that way and can't come to some kind of agreement that you both can be content with, then you need to break up.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

datajugend posted:

yeah thats gotta be a LIE! a human cant be lovely?!

I figured it was from Reddit, who has a lot of users who engage in that kind of creative writing, but it appears to be from Dear Prudence, so I guess that is less likely.

MightyJoe36 posted:

When I said I wouldn't "demand" sex from an SO, I meant I wouldn't try to make them do something they did not want to do.
If my wife suddenly quit wanting to have sex with me, I would try to have a discussion with her as to why the sudden change. I wouldn't scream at her and tell her she owes it to me, then stomp out of the house.

Cool, yeah, I also think that's the way to go.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 15, 2019

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean its pretty reasonable to ask for a paternity test when you have a medical procedure that's supposed to make you infertile

You could and should start with a sperm count not a loving "you cheated on me you whore probably I mean I guess this lab will tell us you BITCH but if it's mine love ya honey pizza tonight?" test

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

andrew smash posted:

You could and should start with a sperm count not a loving "you cheated on me you whore probably I mean I guess this lab will tell us you BITCH but if it's mine love ya honey pizza tonight?" test

That's what a normal person would do but what if OP was just itching for the opportunity to call his wife a whore? Is he supposed to just give up that low and slow one right over the plate??

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

"Why won't anyone help me [20s/m posted:

instead of just brushing me off and giving me generic advice to my very specific situation?"]
Alright, I'll try to be as specific as possible so maybe I could garnish specific advice.

My ex [20s/F], cheated on me while we were together, broke up with me, and blocked me on all forms of communication. This came completely out of nowhere because I was perfect to her in the relationship and she even got a tattoo on her that I designed! I loved her and still love her, but she just keeps ignoring me and now she's dating someone else...

To boot, someone on reddit has been following around my main account and linking my posts to her so I had to make a new one just to get the help I need.

Why doesn't she see how much I love her? I mean, I even sent her and her mom Christmas gifts even though we were broken up. They never even thanked me...

I get that I need to move on because she's with someone else, but telling me to move on doesn't actually help me. I'm physically ill over this, and everyone's treating this like some common high school breakup, this is more than that, she is the love of my life. I'm just so broken about it.

Thanks for all who respond, feel free to pm me.

quote:

Well you're just being a jerk. Stop projecting on me.

quote:

Whatever. You're wrong. Blocked.

OP is very receptive to advice about his extremely unique situation that noone has ever gone through before, ever. I'm sure getting a Christmas gift from your ex boyfriend isn't weird at all!

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Source

I'm not racist I just love dogs. posted:

I just love dogs: I live in the downtown area of a gentrifying city. I have worked intentionally to become part of the community I joined, while respecting its roots—supporting local business, volunteering, etc. I know I have lots of unconscious racial biases, but I try hard to listen and not cause harm. I also really love dogs. I have an awesome dog. He is cute and friendly, and we know lots of people in our neighborhood who I wouldn’t otherwise have any reason to interact with. Having a cute, friendly dog, I am very used to people paying attention to him and not talking to me. Not only do I not mind this, it brings me joy to see people dote on him. I also talk a lot at my job and can sometimes feel burned out from any more conversation than I’m
professionally obligated to engage in. I am friendly with some fellow dog parents, and dogs being the focal point of our interaction often seems like a global inside joke.

About a month ago, a woman somewhere in my age range moved immediately next door to me. She is black. I am, if it isn’t obvious by now, white. I was bringing my dog in when she was moving in, and she said she knew someone would want to say hello. She opened her door, and her own adorable dog ran out. The dogs happily greeted each other. I was happy and even harbored visions in the moment of exchanging keys with my new neighbor and helping each other with dog walks on occasion. A few weeks passed, I had some travel, and then after I returned, I saw them on the street when I was racing off somewhere, and I cheerily said hello to the dog. Later that day I saw them again and, again, said hello to the dog. My neighbor yanked the dog away from me and my dog and yelled, “Don’t say hi to my dog if you aren’t going to say hi to me.” I was extremely surprised and faintly called after her, “I just really love dogs.”

Prudie, she clearly thinks I’m racist, when I really just love dogs. I have seen her since then and gotten a similar aggressive ignoring response, though no more comments. What can I do? Should I put a note under her door? What should it say? “I’m not racist, I just love dogs” seems a bit reductive, but it is the truth. I usually operate with a fairly high level of emotional intelligence, and I am completely stumped by the appropriate move here. I no longer harbor happy ideas of us becoming neighbor friends. Am I racist and clueless? Help me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Here is a fun fact ( at least in CA and I assume all over) you can't just walk in to a fertility clinic and get a sperm test lol. Like you have to have a doctor order it for you and it can actually be a pain in the rear end.

Yes the dude hosed up by not going back after and seeing if it was done right but it can be a huge pain in the rear end if you just wanna check it.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Lmao that he thinks he's gonna blow the lid off the Mormon church. They will absolutely ignore everything and just cut you out of their lives

Add in that the CES letter is well known amongst many LDS and that it is not considered a very good critique even by most of their opponents and you torpedo your family relationships for nothing. Passive aggressive grandstanding.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't get why people think dogs are community property. I've seen all sorts of videos of people having public meltdowns because they were told not to pet service dogs.

Ffs, engage the human before the dog. This isn't tricky.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

My Lovely Horse posted:

That seems presumptuous if you're there for a sperm count. There's a whole range of very obvious responses from "let's not get ahead of ourselves" to "not anymore there isn't" that would take the wind right out of your sails.

"Blanks sound the same as regular ammo, baby." :quagmire:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

MarcusSA posted:

Here is a fun fact ( at least in CA and I assume all over) you can't just walk in to a fertility clinic and get a sperm test lol. Like you have to have a doctor order it for you and it can actually be a pain in the rear end.

Yes the dude hosed up by not going back after and seeing if it was done right but it can be a huge pain in the rear end if you just wanna check it.

It would have been covered as routine follow up care for the procedure.

As many as 40% of women who have a baby don’t make it to a postpartum visit. I’d bet the post-op visit rate for an uncomplicated vasectomy is much worse, because people don’t like being inconvenienced.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you know someones drat name you can say hi to them when you pet their dog.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

GamingHyena posted:

Even if he hadn’t gotten one after the procedure he could have taken one now and at least knew if it was possible the kid was his. Seems like a pretty reasonable first step instead of launching directly into a marriage destroying accusation of infidelity.

I mean wouldn't hearing the news that she's pregnant and going "oh well let me just go ahead and check (again) I still got swimmers" basically the same thing? I mean the result is you performing a medical test that will in your mind either confirm or rule out cheating.

Going back for the test is perhaps more subtle but its the same overall message.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No it isn’t, since presumably they’d still like to actually accomplish what the procedure was meant to do.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"I will take additional steps if I'm not compensated properly" sure sounds like a request for hush money, even if his intended message was that he'd let it lie if he just got the last proper paycheck.

Yeah, I only read it as the latter, but that could certainly raise the bosses' hackles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I had something similar happen to me a few years back. I've always had pretty severe social anxiety, so when I see one of my neighbors walking down the sidewalk I'll cross the street to calm my nerves. A black family moved into the neighborhood at one point and, well, you can imagine what happened next.

I didn't want them to believe I was racist so I tied a note explaining my anxiety issues to a brick and the next time I saw them I threw the brick toward them and ran away. I'm pretty sure they read it, because the next time I saw them on the street they waved. Unfortunately, I don't know what happened after that because I panicked and ran several miles until I collapsed in a forest preserve.