Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

you know I was really trusting you guys to help me accumulate my wealth so I can smash the capitalist state but instead all I got were JOKES

cumshit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Asproigerosis posted:

Say I have $100,000 in liquid assets currently under a mattress, what do I do with it to become rich?

Go to Capital Under Management, they'll put your assets to good use

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Calibanibal posted:

you can literally pirate office for free if you are remotely online literate

If you're just writing fan fiction with it, sure. But if you're doing any actual work the liability is not worth saving a day's wages.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
steve king having a normal one

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You are all how we ended up with a mortgage crisis
The dude came in with like a sub $300 budget

in that case get a second hand laptop and hope for the best

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

dude was like one breath away from saying 'no woman has the moral authority to tell me what to do'

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Why would the GOP cave? The majority of them have Millers beliefs so it's in their best loving interest to hold put long enough for these furloughed workers quit so they can just shut down all of these departments. The ones they like (DHS, coast guard, I think that's it) they will probably be able to find some private prison companies to contract the work out to.

Then Trump can stiff paying back all those federal employees because any lawsuit will make it to a 6-3 SCOTUS with half of the majority appointed by him.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Asproigerosis posted:

The grownups in the GOP

:yikes:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Pooky posted:

If you're just writing fan fiction with it, sure. But if you're doing any actual work the liability is not worth saving a day's wages.

look at this online illiterate

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Senior Republicans Say Only Way Out Is General Strike And Open Rebellion. "Until They Roll Out the Guillotines On The WHite House Lawn, This Fat Boy Isn't Moving"

Better get started on the guillotines now, don't want to leave it until the last minute. If you rush it then you risk shoddy workmanship.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sorry but i dont think harry potter spells will help

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Calibanibal posted:

look at this online illiterate

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if the gop doesn’t cave then it’s the end of this government lol

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

in that case get a second hand laptop and hope for the best

i think the last time i bought a new, not refurbed laptop was in HS like 18 years ago

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/JJMeadow222Lark/status/1085277169184460800?s=19

#tuesdayfeeling

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Plinkey posted:

if you can go up to like 5 hundy look for an i7, at least 8 gigs of ram > 250 gig HD and at least full HD resolution

https://www.dellrefurbished.com/laptops/dell-latitude-12-7000-series-e7270-174143.html

jesus christ don't pay extra for an i7 over an i5

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Asproigerosis posted:

Say I have $100,000 in liquid assets currently under a mattress, what do I do with it to become rich?

Put liquid into anus

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

actually meemaw, if you just pirate microsoft office,

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Asproigerosis posted:

you know I was really trusting you guys to help me accumulate my wealth so I can smash the capitalist state but instead all I got were JOKES

Buy iraqi dinar

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sorry liquid only comes out of this anus

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MMMM BOOT TASTE GOOD

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Remember the wage freeze they announced in like October?

This is it :chaostrump:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Why would the GOP cave? The majority of them have Millers beliefs so it's in their best loving interest to hold put long enough for these furloughed workers quit so they can just shut down all of these departments. The ones they like (DHS, coast guard, I think that's it) they will probably be able to find some private prison companies to contract the work out to.

Then Trump can stiff paying back all those federal employees because any lawsuit will make it to a 6-3 SCOTUS with half of the majority appointed by him.

so was the senate passing a cr by voice vote on the assumption that trump was going to sign it once it passed the house part of some grand master plan where actually they knew all along that trump was going to get riled up by rush limbaugh and ann coulter?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Asproigerosis posted:

Bottle that piss up an ship it to the White House care ofctrumfp!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

As soon as it disrupts air travel it's loving over

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

Donate it to the Republican party.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

HELLO FRIEND. I AM DORGBALD J TURNIP, PRESIDENT OF AMERICA AND I NEED YOUR HELP WITH A SENSITIVE FINANCIAL MATTER

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
have you thought about using a typewriter instead of office?

i bet you can get a nice antique for like...

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1085324494678515712

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1084337129256308737
our next president, the living embodiment of decorum who will take on trump in a spirit of bipartisan compromise:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1085294196284628999

quote:

“Leaving the European Union will, in fact, hurt British citizens, but staying is not an option after a referendum, unless they have a second.”
and to think, there's people here saying they're gonna vote for bernie when this guy is available, smdh

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The Snoo posted:

got some bubger kig in honor of our big wet president

:hfive:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lawman 0 posted:

He'll make it to the Super Bowl once he remembers he's mad at the NFL

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

so was the senate passing a cr by voice vote on the assumption that trump was going to sign it once it passed the house part of some grand master plan where actually they knew all along that trump was going to get riled up by rush limbaugh and ann coulter?

the house was also going to pass it without drama

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol tup

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1085325062880808971

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Apraxin posted:

and to think, there's people here saying they're gonna vote for bernie when this guy is available, smdh

things are the way that they are, unless they become different

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Lawman 0 posted:

I think after two missed paychecks you're gonna find a lot of people stop bothering to turn up to work.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

sandoz posted:

jesus christ don't pay extra for an i7 over an i5

agreed, it's pointless for almost everybody; I'm a software developer and I certainly would take more RAM or a good SSD over an i7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Apraxin posted:

they could ignore the referendum lmao

which was 50/50 anyway