Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Nigel McGunneiss's documentary about his retirement was one of the toughest, most personal documentaries I've ever seen. Was the WWE one anything but shite in comparison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Matt Taven stole from WWE, loving greatest wrestler ever

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1085136700307849216

lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Here’s Kenta Kobashi doing a dab

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1084804782424940544

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Remember that vid of jerry lawler dabbing that everyone made fun of because he was out of touch

He only started dabbing when fortnite made it popular with kids

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
The form of old people dabs are always so wrong.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I want to see Inoki flossing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nigel McGunneiss's documentary about his retirement was one of the toughest, most personal documentaries I've ever seen. Was the WWE one anything but shite in comparison?

I didn't watch the original one but the WWE one is incredibly good, much like all of their documentaries.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

They stretch the truth sometimes

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

He says "I challenged the 'USA' dance!", referring to one of the biggest hits in Japan last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr--GVIoluU

It looks like he was hosting some kind of event where DA PUMP were guests.

Now if you were to ask me why he posted a goatse cloud...

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1083573180508205056

...I have no explanation for that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

According to World Champion Daniel Bryan, this is known as "a dubstep."

Also the song he's referencing (USA by DA PUMP) is very weird and was featured in a Queen of the USA match at TJPW on 1/4. Any time one of the wrestlers put an American flag hat on the song would play until someone else knocked it off. It ruled.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
no ring

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

either way, Kenta Kobashi is living the best life. Has certainly found a lot better elder years than the previous generation of puro stars.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wonder if he misses Misawa. I have no idea how close they and the rest of that All Japan generation were to each other.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Posted in the LU thread but I'll post Ivelisse's thing here too

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Now if you were to ask me why he posted a goatse cloud...

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1083573180508205056

...I have no explanation for that.

Hahahhahahahhahaha

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Hahahhahahahhahaha

I have no idea what's written on the print, but Google tells me that Kobashi said:

"I got sent from my acquaintance!

Whether you believe or not believe it depends on you"

do you believe in sky goatse, goons?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That image gets passed around in FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD style e-mails as a real photo taken and which is proof of God or some poo poo. There's another one of goatse in clouds above a big football stadium.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Posted in the LU thread but I'll post Ivelisse's thing here too

lol nobody is dumb enough to sign Ivelisse at this point

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol nobody is dumb enough to sign Ivelisse at this point

? Everyone in this business is dumb enough to sign Ivelisse

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Midnightghoul posted:

? Everyone in this business is dumb enough to sign Ivelisse

And they learn to regret it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She rules

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She's great, is she supposed to be drama or something?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

She's great, is she supposed to be drama or something?

She's hated by a lot of people. She did a tour of Europe like 2 years ago and someone tweeted how she basically became instantly hated by everyone in the lockerroom almost instantly.

I've spoken to multiple wrestlers who say she's intentionally hurt opponents during matches and slept with other women wrestler's boyfriends. Just a ton of bad stuff about her.

There's a reason why she's not on more shows and it has nothing to do with LU.

Oh, and then there's this gem...

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 16, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1085331084043264000

As cool as this would be to see, I don't trust the main roster to handle Kairi/Io properly, and I don't see those titles being brought down to NXT at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She’s rude as poo poo to everyone(including fans) and then whines about how no one likes her like it’s a loving mystery.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1085331084043264000

As cool as this would be to see, I don't trust the main roster to handle Kairi/Io properly, and I don't see those titles being brought down to NXT at all.

Maybe NXT will get their own women's tag titles.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Maybe NXT will get their own women's tag titles.

Small problem with that theory. Unless the titles are cross branded (with NXT UK), there are maybe two women's tag teams in NXT right now. Kairi and Io. And Jessamyn/Marina. And considering how unrefined/undeveloped Jessamyn and Marina are currently, they shouldn't be anywhere near gold right now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Small problem with that theory. Unless the titles are cross branded (with NXT UK), there are maybe two women's tag teams in NXT right now. Kairi and Io. And Jessamyn/Marina. And considering how unrefined/undeveloped Jessamyn and Marina are currently, they shouldn't be anywhere near gold right now.

Team Kick!!!!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Team Kick!!!!

Maybe, although I think Tegan will probably end up in the MYC 3 before actually forming a team with Dakota. Assuming there is another MYC this year, that is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DM Punk posted:

She's hated by a lot of people. She did a tour of Europe like 2 years ago and someone tweeted how she basically became instantly hated by everyone in the lockerroom almost instantly.

I've spoken to multiple wrestlers who say she's intentionally hurt opponents during matches and slept with other women wrestler's boyfriends. Just a ton of bad stuff about her.

There's a reason why she's not on more shows and it has nothing to do with LU.

Oh, and then there's this gem...

lol I love this logic. The flu isn't a disease, we all go through it at some point.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

NienNunb posted:

I wonder if he misses Misawa. I have no idea how close they and the rest of that All Japan generation were to each other.

Misawa was legendary for being private. No one knew he had a family until the wrestlers went to his funeral and his wife and daughter greeted them.

That being said, it impacted Kawada enough that he stopped wrestling because all of his passion died with Misawa

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/1085357042154520576?s=19

All hail my vegan lord

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sorry Daniel, but you probably won't be able to murder AJ. I think Asuka will probably get to him first.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1085378080212901888

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Maybe, although I think Tegan will probably end up in the MYC 3 before actually forming a team with Dakota. Assuming there is another MYC this year, that is.

Why would you want her to get injured again

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

+1 for vegan, -10 for Peta.

Peta is garbage. I legit just lost a huge amount of respect for Bryan.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

LividLiquid posted:

+1 for vegan, -10 for Peta.

Peta is garbage. I legit just lost a huge amount of respect for Bryan.

lol

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ha

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 16, 2019

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
bryan tagging the fuckin kids-focused peta sub-organization is just smart working

can't really be mad if he ends up being the hero of rebellious vegan teens or something lol. especially grading on the wrestlers' politics curve, i can't really get that mad at him for supporting, like, peta and jill stein and whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

abraham linksys posted:

bryan tagging the fuckin kids-focused peta sub-organization is just smart working

oh thats probably really a good idea.

*clicks twitter username*

*first post is sheep getting cut open*

god loving damnit peta