Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
So where do I watch drt? Was hoping to find it on YouTube so I could watch on my ps4 but that's not a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

jit bull transpile posted:

So where do I watch drt? Was hoping to find it on YouTube so I could watch on my ps4 but that's not a thing

Check out https://twitter.com/KudaLakorn

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dailymotion is where they were posted last season, iirc

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
High definition is on Mega.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

A God drat Ghost posted:

I do not get the "Manila's such a wild card!" storyline they're pushing. It was so obvious she was going to save Latrice and I get it seeing as they've been working together for a long time and are so close. It makes me wonder what production is planning for her because it feels kind of like an unnatural plot.
We have a going theory at my house that Manila is a production mole/intentional plotline generator all the way. Her theatrics are so Hollywood it's absurd, and she doesn't need any of this at all; girl's one of the greatest of all time and everyone knows it.

I also suspect she threw her lipsync against Monique. It was pretty flaccid for her. But who knows.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

DRT S2 Premiere talk - Holy poo poo that was good, there was real anger there! You could feel the tension, incredulity and disdain through the TV. I really felt it with the brief shot of PanPan sitting in their judges chair after the enforced lip sync do-over just looking so crushed by how poo poo they both were!

That level of shitshow and real emotion is a complete panacea to the overly produced style of regular Drag Race!

gently caress me though, PanPan is absolute perfection.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
DRT S2E1:

Man that was amazing. All the queens save a couple are insanely talented and creative. The do-over lipsync was intense and amazing.

I really disagree with the winner selection though, both the bathtowel to old man and girl to elderly monk looks were way way better. I really don't feel like Srimal has anything going for her besides being really tiny. I didn't like her makeup or her looks.

As a random aside, it took a minute to stop cringing at certain vocabulary. For those who don't know, in Thai trans culture a lot of words we consider slurs in the English-speaking world are used for self-identification by trans people to specify their specific unique place in the gender-cloud (spectrums are so 90s). Thai culture has a way more broad idea of what gender means and people identify with dozens of different labels that they consider genders where we'd consider them to be presentations. (trigger warning: spoilered words are transphobic slurs in English) "Ladyboy" and "shemale" are both words different groups of trans women use for themselves there and they don't consider them offensive. Thai ladyboys, for example, consider themselves distinct from, for example, a binary trans woman. Similarly there's genders for lesbians that wear mens clothing, femme lesbians, girly gay men, scruffy gay men, etc.

tl;dr if you're watching DRT and are like "I can't believe they said that horrible word", Thai culture and lgbtq history is *massively* different from ours and our slurs don't really mean much of anything to them. Ellen Page did an episode of Gaycation in Thailand that covers this pretty well if you can dig it up.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A God drat Ghost posted:

I do not get the "Manila's such a wild card!" storyline they're pushing. It was so obvious she was going to save Latrice and I get it seeing as they've been working together for a long time and are so close. It makes me wonder what production is planning for her because it feels kind of like an unnatural plot.

Manila has been so dominant that the only way to showcase some of the other queens has been to let them shade her.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

A God drat Ghost posted:

Yeah, this has had me raising my eyebrow as well.
To be perfectly honest I think it's a half-assed Jinkx Monsoon edit and she's going to win.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'd be surprised if Manila didn't walk off with it at this point. Everyone else is obviously amazing at many aspects of what they do, but Manila is just consistently aces at everything.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
It's surprising in hindsight how much Trinity was pushed as a frontrunner when she hasn't really been that impressive at all. If Manila does win, I hope it is via her current success and not rigga morris, so that way the current "only white queens win All-Stars" trend can be bucked without backlash.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"White" only applies to the organic parts of Chad Michael, though.

Also, Trixie is Native American, right?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yeah, half Obijwe and grew up in a Native family.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"White" only applies to the organic parts of Chad Michael, though.

Trixie is half-Ojibwe, but I believe she's gone on record that she identifies as white.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Trixie is half-Ojibwe, but I believe she's gone on record that she identifies as white.

Thanks for the clarification, I was not aware!

All ten seasons are back on Spanish Netflix, YAAAAY!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whalley posted:

Yeah, half Obijwe and grew up in a Native family.

Trixie grew up mostly out of her aboriginal culture iirc. She considers herself more white in that regard.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

Trixie grew up mostly out of her aboriginal culture iirc. She considers herself more white in that regard.
I stand corrected. I thought I'd heard that she grew up inside it, that's totally my b

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

https://youtu.be/QXSm0m-Ybzs

Fashion Photo Ruview is hit or miss but Nina and Vanjie are fire together? I couldn't stop laughing

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I got like 2 minutes in and hated it, Nina's character was annoying :(

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

I got like 2 minutes in and hated it, Nina's character was annoying :(
This was also how I felt, it just wasn't... real good, for me.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Whalley posted:

https://youtu.be/QXSm0m-Ybzs

Fashion Photo Ruview is hit or miss but Nina and Vanjie are fire together? I couldn't stop laughing

They’re so cute! Vanjie’s reactions to Nina were gold. Kept cackling at how they were constantly editing profanities but left in Vangie’s “trade is when they’re a boy and you wanna gently caress them!”

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Rewatching s4 and holy poo poo was Phi Phi an annoying, racist rear end in a top hat.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Rewatching s4 and holy poo poo was Phi Phi an annoying, racist rear end in a top hat.

Yarp. Still responsible for some of the best quotables tho.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I couldn't tell if they were joking or not, but in the latest Race Chaser, Willam, Alaska and Ben were talking about how sometimes the producers would give ear pieces to the queens filming so scenes so that they could feed lines to them.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Yarp. Still responsible for some of the best quotables tho.

Yeah she’s so obnoxious to watch most of the time but ‘This is not a competition for people who know how to buy loving shoes’ is still my top untucked slam of all time

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If someone said that to me I would start crying even though I’m not even any good at buying shoes either

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nihonniboku posted:

I couldn't tell if they were joking or not, but in the latest Race Chaser, Willam, Alaska and Ben were talking about how sometimes the producers would give ear pieces to the queens filming so scenes so that they could feed lines to them.

I thought they were talking about Cecily, not the queens.

Also, the Preview is up! Fantastic opening moment.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

That makes sense!

Serves me right for listening to the podcast while working. Work keeps getting in the way of me paying attention fully to the podcasts.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Yeah she’s so obnoxious to watch most of the time but ‘This is not a competition for people who know how to buy loving shoes’ is still my top untucked slam of all time

We shout the go back to party city line at each other all the time. It's right up there with Not Today in our drag quote lexicon.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pinwiz11 posted:

Ah, I was right. Monet DID pick Valentina! I expected Manila to choose her as well, but wasn't sure.

Do y'all think, is Valentina REALLY that delusional, or is she just playing it up for the show?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

big dyke energy posted:

Ah, I was right. Monet DID pick Valentina! I expected Manila to choose her as well, but wasn't sure.

Do y'all think, is Valentina REALLY that delusional, or is she just playing it up for the show?

valentina is perfect because it's impossible to tell how much of it is act and how much is her truly deranged brain. which means it's probably both; i suspect she actually does believe she's an absolute goddess at everything she does, but she would also view this (rightly) as a strength - so she'd play it up as hard as possible in the show.

compare her to latrice, who seems actually bitter and pissed, and like she's rationalising a bad performance somehow by saying "allstars 1 didn't count". she sounds like she's going to shout monique into oblivion at any second, when the reality is, she wholeheartedly sucked at that challenge.

feels weird to write this and compare the two. but i think valentina succeeds because she's embraced her delusion and just rolls with it, whereas it's a bad fit on everybody else.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Season 4 was my first season and still one of my faves. I loved how off put everyone was by Sharon. She was a super weirdo but a glamorous weirdo. Man I loved it.

I also want Manila to win this season. She had me at her first Big Bird dress.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I hope that Valentina has a Milk moment; his teary-eyed "...am I an rear end in a top hat?" confessional moment was incredible.

It also made me look inward so I mean I'm mad about it but it was still an iconic moment imo

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress Willam and Alaska for their dismissal of the email about abusing that poor pony

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

I hope that Valentina has a Milk moment; his teary-eyed "...am I an rear end in a top hat?" confessional moment was incredible.

It also made me look inward so I mean I'm mad about it but it was still an iconic moment imo

No, sociopaths don't have self-realization moments like that.

Milk is just a standard pretty gay who let all of the attention of everybody wanting to gently caress him get to his head.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

i live for valentina's psychotic narcissism holy poo poo

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Valentina has completely shed even the pretense of living on this planet and this reality. Kinda living everyone's dream really

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Monique is a loving witch with that wig swap a loving WITCH

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Lord, Jasmine’s lip sync was a mess. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

Monique is a loving witch with that wig swap a loving WITCH

Yeah, I'll need to watch that again. I couldn't figure out how she did it.