Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Washington Post did an analysis on the amount of food. Their consensus is that it would be just over $2400 worth of fast food if using the 2-for-$5 menu at McDonalds, including 319 sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I love how chuds fundamentally don't understand how a boycott works.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1085294035391066112

Not an idiot, but a great response. Holy lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/auctionman67/status/1085297847103377409

:thunk:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Popehat is a really solid follow in these loving stupid times.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It's a good thing women don't tend to shave a solid loving third of their entire body

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my brain started doing diagrams and fractions on that ratio before other part of brain started yelling at it for being stupid.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

That is an Ace reply.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I love how chuds fundamentally don't understand how a boycott works.

the sugar in this coffee for me is the bent and smashed remains of one of them razor handles by a man who identifies online as his own derangement

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

on-topic for thread, piers morgan is deeply triggered by #branding, presumed to be literally shaking right now

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1085183788533989377

For 30 years, the company has used the tagline ‘The best a man can get’ to persuade people like me to part with large sums of money for their expensive shaving blades and foam.
Its commercials have unashamedly celebrated men and masculinity.

You watch them and feel good about being male.
I’ve bought Gillette products for three decades.

In fact, only yesterday I spent over $150 stocking up on its latest range of Gillette blades and foam.

I didn’t do so because their stuff is any better than their main competitors. I’ve tried them all and it’s not.

I did so because I like Gillette’s brand and what I thought it stood for, and the company’s never done anything to p*ss me off.

Then I saw its new commercial, a short film entitled ‘Believe’, which has a new tagline: ‘The best men can be’.

And I suddenly realised Gillette isn’t the brand I thought it was at all.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

$150? Wow, he must've gotten the four pack of blades.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The Gillette Final X, featuring an astonishing 1400 monofilament blades and our most luxurious zero-friction nanogel.

A jaw so smooth, you'll need our new Gillette Hyper-Matte Aftershave balm, lest the chrome-like perfection of your shave reflects ambient light into a cornea-destroying laser.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the bastion of the conservative manly way being the most frightful timid fucks. god whowoulda called that?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

piers loving morgan posted:

I didn’t do so because their stuff is any better than their main competitors. I’ve tried them all and it’s not.

I did so because I like Gillette’s brand and what I thought it stood for

Dude has a terminal case of Capital Stockholm Syndrome. I think euthanasia is the kindest choice here.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's a good thing women don't tend to shave a solid loving third of their entire body

I think they are trying to imply that thanks to feminism, feeeemales don't shave ever anymore. :argh:

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

This was in response to a post about Theresa May and today's Brexit vote.

I've read it and looked at the image several times and I have no loving idea what's going on.

First of all it seems to be saying that Corbyn is known to do anything to get votes, which is insane because his left leaning policies are widely ridiculed by gammons. Second of all, being gender neutral would make him wildly unpopular among...gammons. as evidenced by the very meme itself. My brain can't take this.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Jan 16, 2019

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1085205226481537026?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Oh god why did I look at The_Donald

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

Oh god why did I look at The_Donald

Lol, Tuvalu has a population of about 10,000 people, the one year they have one murder (I'm not looking this up and you can't make me) doesn't mean they have 20 murders per 100k.

Edit ok I looked it up and it's even loving funnier than that.

quote:

Murders are rare, with only 2 since independence in 1978

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

there wolf posted:

That was a classical Greek view on homosexuality. The most common one was probably closer to 'sex with your bros is cool and good' and then some philosopher or leader would incorporate it into broader theories on why women are subhumans who need to never leave their houses ever.

As I understand it, "being a woman" was viewed as a birth defect because ancient peoples didn't know about genetics and thought that women were men who didn't develop completely.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

As I understand it, "being a woman" was viewed as a birth defect because ancient peoples didn't know about genetics and thought that women were men who didn't develop completely.

Does this mean the Greek ideal is mpreg?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

RoboRodent posted:

:nws:https://imgur.com/gallery/mtCRr:nws:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
But then you have, like, Athena as the goddess of wisdom. So was that meant to be a nerf? Like if these gods were men they’d just be unstoppable? Better give ‘em tits so Ares has a chance to shine?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Athena didn’t have a mother, so she was the best possible female entity.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

christmas boots posted:

But then you have, like, Athena as the goddess of wisdom. So was that meant to be a nerf? Like if these gods were men they’d just be unstoppable? Better give ‘em tits so Ares has a chance to shine?

in ancient times, they didn't have the internet, so when someone had a bad idea and wrote it down, it didn't automatically travel the entire loving world, and so some or even most people didn't think it was true

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

You know at least one chud cut themselves badly ripping apart a razor

How much shame would it bring upon a family to have a son die like that

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Well, the first thing to remember is that there's no unified "Greek mythology". Rhodes worshiped Helios as the most important god, Athena as his wife, and honored a demigod daughter of the Sun as one of their great heroes. Likewise, Sparta didn't have the same hangups about women as other citystates did, mostly Athens.

Athens was *incredibly* misogynist, and unfortunately they were also the ones who wrote down most of the stuff that's been preserved.

But more to your specific question, the gods weren't human, therefore the goddesses weren't considered "lesser". Zeus himself had to back down from challenging Nyx, for one.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hello Sailor posted:

Ugh, that's one of Aristotle's theories and it's ridiculous how much of his dumb poo poo is just passed on as "how the Ancient Greeks were."

EvilGenius posted:

This was in response to a post about Theresa May and today's Brexit vote.

I've read it and looked at the image several times and I have no loving idea what's going on.

First of all it seems to be saying that Corbyn is known to do anything to get votes, which is insane because his left leaning policies are widely ridiculed by gammons. Second of all, being gender neutral would make him wildly unpopular among...gammons. as evidenced by the very meme itself. My brain can't take this.

If it's anything like how this poo poo plays in the US, anything popular with younger people is desperate pandering (if it's popular with older/conservative voters then it's just good sense) so all Corbyn's leftist politics is just about sucking up to the youth vote, and what's popular with kids but gender neutrality. Har, har Corbyn in drag.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

RoboRodent posted:

at first i thought you said mpeg which is laughable

We all know the greeks would have gone for flac

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Can't America have one day where something impossibly dumb doesn't happen

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mythology was just people writing fan fiction about their favorite gods.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why wouldn't you just link the actual Oglaf site?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Push El Burrito posted:

Mythology was just people writing fan fiction about their favorite gods.

Gods are just people writing fan fiction about natural phenomena, distant historical events, sociocultural and psychological phenomena, and funny-looking rocks. :hist101:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
History is just fan fiction about the simulation the lizard people are running look it up

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

We're a very large country.

Full of very dumb people.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/warroom/status/1085247500066480129

These people are children

Reaching into toilet water to get the razor back out because it didn't flush to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Who wore it better?