Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fart City posted:

Trump could walk into a presser backwards with his butthole spread and the only things that would result from it would be that #MakeAmericaGapeAgain would start trending and Chris Cilizza would write a brow-furring op-ed asking if Trump Has Pulled The Ultimate Alpha Move.

Is the president dangerously ill? Tune in to our interview with Doctor Pross Tate to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Is the president dangerously ill? Tune in to our interview with Doctor Pross Tate to find out.

I mean, he hasn’t tweeted since this morning... maybe trying to pass those extra 700 hamberders he ate is too taxing to tweet at the same time.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh wow how could they possibly have known

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
While not the best 2 minutes, this is well worth your time.

https://twitter.com/bedroomflicker/status/1082683968913395712

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'll also grant that a little bit of this might be my inherent hipster egalitarian bias

if everybody was paying attention to rashida tlaib instead of AOC / Ilhan Omar / other cool freshmen Congressfolk to whom I am giving not nearly enough credit, I'd be griping about how this compelling lady from the Bronx needs some kudos :v:

how this may relate to my gilliboosting is left as an exercise for the reader

Its simple you are a New York Supremacist.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/scmitchp/status/1085340738878087170?s=21

None of these people who stuck by him when he was using the proper dog whistles deserve an ounce of praise. King is their sacrifice to claim they’ve burned the racism from the party, and a lot of people are going to accept that.

King is a white supremacist, he'll never roll over for this. He believes that power is his by birthright because he was born superior. He's playing ball with performative punishment for the moment, but he'll be a one-man Mexican Standoff with the rest of the Rs in a second if he thinks he'll face any REAL consequences for what he said.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/scmitchp/status/1085340738878087170?s=21

None of these people who stuck by him when he was using the proper dog whistles deserve an ounce of praise. King is their sacrifice to claim they’ve burned the racism from the party, and a lot of people are going to accept that.

The best part is king isn’t gonna take the hint and will double and triple down out of spite and the GOP doesn’t actually want to make him a “martyr”.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God I loving hate the kayfabe poo poo the GOP is doing with Steve King now and especially because the media is enabling them and making it easier for them to get away with it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zero_Grade posted:

(Also looking at things, in the extremely-hypothetical universe where Obama wins Dick Durbin's seat, could he then not be elected President Pro Tem, or would he just be skipped? I am fully aware this is a silly procedural rules question).

He can be president pro tem, but the line of succession would skip over him if it came to that. He cannot be Vice President.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The best part is king isn’t gonna take the hint and will double and triple down out of spite and the GOP doesn’t actually want to make him a “martyr”.

Comedy option: starts naming names of other Congress members who have attended the "Steve King Traditional Anglo-Saxon Bonfire And Costume Party"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fart City posted:

Comedy option: starts naming names of other Congress members who have attended the "Steve King Traditional Anglo-Saxon Bonfire And Costume Party"

kirsten no :negative:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I know hamburder chat is over and done with but this killed me.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I mean we have entered the era where the It’s Always Sunny cast would be better at dealing with a situation

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrNutt posted:

God I loving hate the kayfabe poo poo the GOP is doing with Steve King now and especially because the media is enabling them and making it easier for them to get away with it.

This was my favourite one from Jone's tweetdump this morning

https://twitter.com/MJGerson/status/1085119043026251776

Spoiler: they do not in fact have any shame and are simply mad that Steve King is saying the quiet part really loving loudly.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Speaking of Tester: look at this stout motherfucker when he gets fired up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgGoAcDXvQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You think if the VPs wife worked in a segregated school that would be a scandal?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Speaking of Tester: look at this stout motherfucker when he gets fired up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgGoAcDXvQ

there is absolutely nothing exciting about Tester's demeanor or presentation here, but if I were the guy on the stand i'd have staggered away sobbing by around minute three

well, okay, if i were the guy on the stand i hope i'd have been ready for and also onboard with the questions, but

basically I'm saying :swoon:

edit nm, now i see what you're saying!

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 16, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

there is absolutely nothing exciting about Tester's demeanor or presentation here, but if I were the guy on the stand i'd have staggered away sobbing by around minute three

well, okay, if i were the guy on the stand i hope i'd have been ready for and also onboard with the questions, but

basically I'm saying :swoon:

edit nm, now i see what you're saying!

To be fair, if the 2016 debates proved anything, generally the only time Jon Tester gets fired up is when someone mentions China in his general earshot :v:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bobjr posted:

I mean we have entered the era where the It’s Always Sunny cast would be better at dealing with a situation

Hell, you've entered the era where the Always Sunny characters would be better at dealing with a situation.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/maxgmarshall/status/1085277849416806400

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Hell, you've entered the era where the Always Sunny characters would be better at dealing with a situation.

With this as their season finale I can completely agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6urFp8YZ0&hd=1

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Disneyland from the 1960s called. They want their Matterhorn Bobsled ride advertisement back, thank you.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Arrgytehpirate posted:

WV introduced a bill to send $10 million to help build the wall. As if we don’t have enough loving issues to spend that money on like being the #1 overdose capital of the nation.

I hate this god drat state

Instead of building a wall would it be easier to just replicate a series of West Virgiana's on the Mexican border? Immigrants would walk in, see it, and just walk back.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Instead of building a wall would it be easier to just replicate a series of West Virgiana's on the Mexican border? Immigrants would walk in, see it, and just walk back.

I mean, we call that Arizona, but it doesn't seem to work.

All the more reason to give it back to Mexico IMO.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Majorian posted:

I mean, we call that Arizona, but it doesn't seem to work.

All the more reason to give it back to Mexico IMO.

Wonder if they'd let us keep Grand Canyon

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Squinty posted:

Wasn't there a democrat state rep who publicly slurred her Asian opponent, with zero consequences?

Actually she lost the race badly. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tephanie-chang/

I went to high school with Steph and she's awesome. I could actually see her becoming a national figure.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

nine-gear crow posted:

Disneyland from the 1960s called. They want their Matterhorn Bobsled ride advertisement back, thank you.

It's about time someone ran on fixing our nation's shameful pyramid gap.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I want to go back to this because this guy is literally a crisis actor lol jesus christ is there anything they say that isn't just pure projection

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It's gotten to the point where it just seems like Republicans are projecting literally everything. They've also been bitching about Foreigners Murdering Your Children, so now I'm worried that there is some weird loving White Republican Rich Person Safari where they are going into Mexico and just straight murdering children in drive-bys from out of their Big Black SUVs.

Like it is going to turn out that Mitch McConnell has been hanging out with Mexican Cartel Bosses slaughtering poor Mexican kids for fun

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

It's gotten to the point where it just seems like Republicans are projecting literally everything. They've also been bitching about Foreigners Murdering Your Children, so now I'm worried that there is some weird loving White Republican Rich Person Safari where they are going into Mexico and just straight murdering children in drive-bys from out of their Big Black SUVs.

Like it is going to turn out that Mitch McConnell has been hanging out with Mexican Cartel Bosses slaughtering poor Mexican kids for fun

You don't say.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Stereotype posted:

This wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprising

I remember a Jack Reacher book where the plot was a bunch of rich boys went out to the border at night to murder, rape and torture people crossing the border and were never caught

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

After all these Chud tears over a loving razor commercial, I would buy Gillette razors for the rest of my life if their next ad said "not recommended for men with thin skin"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bedlam posted:

After all these Chud tears over a loving razor commercial, I would buy Gillette razors for the rest of my life if their next ad said "not recommended for men with thin skin"

my skin is delicate and girlish

...which is part of why I've switched from Gillette to Harry's (the latter causes less irritation-per-dollar)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

To be fair, if the 2016 debates proved anything, generally the only time Jon Tester gets fired up is when someone mentions China in his general earshot :v:

Angry John Tester is basically the personification of the word "harrumph"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Bedlam posted:

That commercial is so loving good, it is “the carousel” levels of amazing marketing. It almost rebrands them entirely in a pretty profound way, and might actually make me buy their product.

Lol that the fucks they are calling out are acting so disappointingly predictably.

Your phrase is sort of bullying them tho so I’d doubt they’d do it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Tester's victory speech where he humblebragged about beating Trump, Pence, and Donald Jr was a good moment.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I like how chuds go "And now Gilette's going out of business!" forgetting that a) not all men are chuds, and b) women buy razors.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Lycus posted:

I like how chuds go "And now Gilette's going out of business!" forgetting that a) not all men are chuds, and b) women buy razors.

remember when they burned their shoes after the Kaepernick endorsement and Nike sales went up

chuds are a much smaller part of the consumer base than they think they are and it's hilarious

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The "silent/moral majority" is a lot like the Holy Roman Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lycus posted:

drawing on all of their experiences of past boycotts like that of nike and keuring and that cooler company and red lobster (two times) and starbucks I can understand why they are so arrogant and confident in their abilities to ruin gilette