Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

just show them the episode of simpsons where Lisa becomes a vegetarian, it worked on my sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh thats probably really a good idea.

*clicks twitter username*

*first post is sheep getting cut open*

god loving damnit peta

peta2 is only for cool kids who can hang tough. they go in the spencers gifts and dont even freak out at the t-shirts that say the f word on them, thats how cool they are

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Bryan's character is basically Vince seeing AOC's tweets, thinking that's how young minority hoodlums talk, and filtering it through a middle age white guy who kinda believes in it.

The character sucks and it's actually detrimental to the entire planet and the writers know it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Psychepath posted:

Bryan's character is basically Vince seeing AOC's tweets, thinking that's how young minority hoodlums talk, and filtering it through a middle age white guy who kinda believes in it.

The character sucks and it's actually detrimental to the entire planet and the writers know it.
This.

Heels saying true things really never works. Like, the response to Muhammad Hassan calling Americans racist for thinking he's a terrorist even though he's an American from Detroit wasn't "yeah, technically you're right, but you're such a jerk about it and therefore we hate you!"

It was always baiting an audience into booing a brown dude because some other brown dudes did some bad poo poo. And we needn't look any further than where that angle ended up to know that's what Vince wanted to begin with.

WWE pretty consistently has the heels airing grievances the crowd also has, and then they get confused when people cheer the heels and boo the babyface for stealing Zack Ryder's girlfriend or whatever, and that's a Vince problem inexorably linked to this one: he doesn't understand that we don't like the things he likes, and don't hate the things he hates, and even when, in this case as in Hassan's, he might hit on something the audience does hate? It's not something we should hate.

But I really don't expect a septuagenarian billionaire to understand why I don't like capitalism and don't hate people who aren't white so this isn't exactly a surprise.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

LividLiquid posted:

Heels saying true things really never works.

Jesse Ventura got over huge as a heel by saying factually correct things about Hulk Hogan

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it always works. it just never works

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I hope Brandi Rhodes enough about the scene not to sign Ivelisse. She's bad news.

fatherofmustard posted:

Maybe NXT will get their own women's tag titles.

At one stage I was told NXT were getting titles first.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

+1 for vegan, -10 for Peta.

Peta is garbage. I legit just lost a huge amount of respect for Bryan.

durrrrr

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We're not going to act like Peta is good now because a guy who used to be a good wrestler invoked them are we?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan is a fuckin sellout and PETA doesn't give a gently caress about anime.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

We're not going to act like Peta is good now because a guy who used to be a good wrestler invoked them are we?

No, peta loving sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Absolutely not, PETA is terrible

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

It's a gimmick. It's a work. It's not real.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Peta is bad, WWE is worse

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is PETA actually bad? I always assumed I started hating them as a ignorant child and just never stopped, but that they were probably not actually bad.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Daniel Bryan's gimmick is bullshit because he talks all left but works for WWE

Then again, that's why he's a heel. Heels are hypocrites

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Is PETA actually bad? I always assumed I started hating them as a ignorant child and just never stopped, but that they were probably not actually bad.

The basis of "animals should be treated ethically" or "consume less/no meat due to corporate farming and treatment of animals in the food business" is not bad at all. The messaging and statements that PETA usually puts out however is usually overly aggressive, non-factual and at times borderline illegal.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

The basis of "animals should be treated ethically" or "consume less/no meat due to corporate farming and treatment of animals in the food business" is not bad at all. The messaging and statements that PETA usually puts out however is usually overly aggressive, non-factual and at times borderline illegal.

Excellent summary. Their goals are good and noble. Their methods and messaging are atrocious

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

A good summary of everything is here. Essentially a ton of euthanizing/killing animals themselves (some instances being done sans owner's consent), sexist and racist marketing/campaigns, endorsing Sheriff Arpaio for cutting meat out of prisoners' diets, and saying removing dairy products from your life can help fix your autism

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

A good summary of everything is here. Essentially a ton of euthanizing/killing animals themselves (some instances being done sans owner's consent), sexist and racist marketing/campaigns, endorsing Sheriff Arpaio for cutting meat out of prisoners' diets, and saying removing dairy products from your life can help fix your autism

Jesus H. gently caress

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
PETA is a Psyop designed to make you hate Animal Rights activists.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they'd throw paint on old ladies in furcoats but ignore bikers in all leather

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/wrestlesplania/status/1085564365007437824

Truly the people's champion.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ivelisse sucks but I still can't believe anyone signed those LU contracts or didn't ask for a release at the end of season 4. I know the scene wasn't as hot when LU started, but loving lol at being stuck in that unending contract right when wrestling companies are competing to sign people left and right.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

PETA is a Psyop designed to make you hate Animal Rights activists.

Look, I think government conspiracies and psyops are horseshit but I would completely believe this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Ivelisse sucks but I still can't believe anyone signed those LU contracts

"Nobody imagined when they first signed that it'd be as much of a disaster as it wound up being" is the only thing I can think of

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ivelisse being apparently a bad person aside, Joey Ryan (who also sucks but has little incentive to lie) backed up her story.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Aphrodite posted:

Ivelisse being apparently a bad person aside, Joey Ryan (who also sucks but has little incentive to lie) backed up her story.

Why does Joey Ryan suck?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Senator Giroux posted:

Why does Joey Ryan suck?

Well, blow pops are an essential part of his gimmick

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Senator Giroux posted:

Why does Joey Ryan suck?

Well he's not a very good wrestler, and apparently stole the whole dick wrestling gimmick anyway.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Chris James 2 posted:

"Nobody imagined when they first signed that it'd be as much of a disaster as it wound up being" is the only thing I can think of

Yeah, I get that no one could predict at the beginning. But per Joey Ryan and others, they gave people the opportunity to leave after Season 4 and get out of the contract. At the end of Season 4, only the most deluded of human beings could think staying with LU was a good idea, unless literally no other promotion on Earth would book you. Which seems to be the case with Ivelisse, so I'm not sure why she's complaining when she could have left like everyone else.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/1085133722066796545

https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1085318904669446145

https://twitter.com/LaceyEvansWWE/status/1085360146228883457

https://twitter.com/LaceyEvansWWE/status/1085547377040216064

TMI Lance:
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1085279341066444800

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1085280243999330306

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/cp3_sipisuri/status/1085506986446249986

Asuka retweeted. Book it Vince, you coward.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
All Asuka needs to do to piss off AJ is beat him at literally any video game ever.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1085561031768793088

The wise answer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DarkstarIV posted:

All Asuka needs to do to piss off AJ is beat him at literally any video game ever.

lmao with the mom hair i was trying to figure out which women's wrestler that was

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Beside the language barrier, I think that Asuka could beat most of the crew that regularly appear in UUDD.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

Beside the language barrier, I think that Asuka could beat most of the crew that regularly appear in UUDD.

At video games or just in general?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

at videogames...Sorry I didn't finish that thought.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I dunno if you've seen her on UUDD, but she's not too great at VR games (check her playthrough of Superhot VR) or the WWE 2K games (although I'll give her a pass on those since those games are terrible anyways).

Anyways, with Xavier starting a new series to show off people's video game collections, I wonder how long it will be until they get around to showing off Asuka's collection. If I recall, Eurogamer ran an article where they interviewed her, and she has one of the larger collections in the world. I guess she has enough games to the point of where she has to rent out a climate controlled facility in Osaka. And whenever she wants a game from there, she has it shipped over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I dunno if you've seen her on UUDD, but she's not too great at VR games (check her playthrough of Superhot VR) or the WWE 2K games (although I'll give her a pass on those since those games are terrible anyways).

Anyways, with Xavier starting a new series to show off people's video game collections, I wonder how long it will be until they get around to showing off Asuka's collection. If I recall, Eurogamer ran an article where they interviewed her, and she has one of the larger collections in the world. I guess she has enough games to the point of where she has to rent out a climate controlled facility in Osaka. And whenever she wants a game from there, she has it shipped over.

How the gently caress much are they paying her?