Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh hey, a whole bunch of recently declassified nuclear test footage I haven't seen before. Neat!

https://i.imgur.com/F00rklj.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/RmfyNwb.mp4

Minimum strength requirements are getting out of hand.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not really thread-relevant but a guy just sweeping the yard for no reason reminded me of when I was younger and Friday was always cleaning day at work and I had just finished hoovering the vestibule and on a lark continued to hoover along the front yard path which was asphalt and as I was busy doing that and the guys were laughing about it, a funeral procession went past and even though I cut the power toot sweet a lot of them stared at me.

Welp that was my dumb story thanks for reading god bless.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pabst Blue Ribbon is the only decent American beer I've tasted.

A pre-emptive fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck your IPAs they suck and you suck majorly for even thinking about posting about any of them as a reply
sorry you have such poo poo taste in beers

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

uvar posted:

If you're wondering about the previous fatal accident that resulted in these new requirements:

https://news.defence.gov.au/media/media-releases/commission-inquiry-report-death-lance-corporal-mason-edwards

Edit: wow, that electrical video right above lasted longer than I expected, yikes

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Here’s the complete list from the source (Livermore Labs, which is converting the footage): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvGO_dWo8VfcmG166wKRy5z-GlJ_OQND5

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MEDIIIIIIC
!!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Burt Sexual posted:

Ah gently caress my lovely WiFi, took like 5 minutes to load and play. Lol me

E no one in the stands :smith:

Gotta practice some time.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Coxswain Balls posted:

Where do you think we store our grain

Bungalows, obviously

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i thought pyramids were for grain

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This belongs here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xiBu9AkmcA

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

GotLag posted:

Bungalows, obviously

Like, a long, train thing, where the cows can come up and eat it when they want, and it's protected from the rain by like, a sneeze guard, and. . . GOD DAMMIT, PAM!

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Wow.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-5KGwoDyRM&t=1068s

17:48

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:stare:

Nope

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c2AyDs1yKw

:rip: the Tappan Zee Bridge, 1955-2019

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-16/jason-challis-death-army-inquest-coroner-mount-bundey/10719132

The death of a Victorian soldier in a "shambolic" live-fire exercise south of Darwin was partly the result of a "long-held mindset" against rehearsals for combat-like operations, a coroner has found.

The exercise was conducted without a prior walk-through or "dry-fire" (without ammunition) or blank ammunition rehearsal for Private Challis' section, as was required by Army training doctrine.

Yeah, I caught that. My brain is having trouble rectifying the event with my understanding of safe kill house operation. Scrappy kill houses can still run in a reasonably safe manner if not operated by a grossly negligent commanding officer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

sneakyfrog posted:

i thought pyramids were for grain
No, but they give you a granary in every city.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It is the tragedy of antkind. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SelenicMartian posted:

No, but they give you a granary in every city.

ben carson plays civ?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Long live Mario Cuomo bridge

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

In 1991, we moved into a fixer upper. It was largely original and unmaintained, but it was in a town with a good school district. There was a large rotting and sagging deck on the back of the house that had to be torn down. The carpenter ant damage was evident, but the tear down went with little fanfare. It turns out that the ants had moved on to greener pastures to the ledger board inside the wall of the house. I will never forget standing there as my dad drilled holes along the exterior wall and sprayed poison deep into the wood cavities, while thousands and thousands of ants came spilling out and falling dead on the ground below, their writhing corpses forming small mounds upon the earth.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wow. I assume they have to occasionally get off the track at some point, or maybe they know the schedules and which tracks are safe and when. I wonder if that's a thing everyone on the trolley helps with.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Kibayasu posted:

Wow. I assume they have to occasionally get off the track at some point, or maybe they know the schedules and which tracks are safe and when. I wonder if that's a thing everyone on the trolley helps with.

Given that the clip talks about a trolley pusher getting hit by a train and killed then it's not a foolproof timing system.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pabst Blue Ribbon is the only decent American beer I've tasted.

A pre-emptive fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck your IPAs they suck and you suck majorly for even thinking about posting about any of them as a reply

The Fat Lizard IPA or whatever brewed in Espoo was hyped up to me and it was better than all the other IPAs I've had here but still not good

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/CursedArchitect/status/1085673300817264645

schmug
May 20, 2007

I've seen more than a few of these now and I always have the same "jesus gently caress?" thought and wonder how that can actually happen

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

IPAs pretty much universally suck and are just hops out the yin-yang. Best beers in my experience are Belgian and Belgian-style brews like dubbels, tripels, quads, and strong dark ales. High ABV, a complex flavor with relatively low bitterness (I get a lot of dried fruit, bread, and chocolate notes from them), and not that hard to find. Even loving Trader Joe's has the Providential Golden Ale if you want a lot of Belgian-style beer on a budget and it's great.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Beer universally sucks.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:kav:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Byzantine posted:

Beer universally sucks.

Sucks my money right outta my wallet with flavor and soothing buzzed times, yes.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

jobson groeth posted:

Given that the clip talks about a trolley pusher getting hit by a train and killed then it's not a foolproof timing system.

Now that’s what I call a trolley problem

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

holy poo poo. this happened a while ago to a doctor at a hospital where I live. he didn't make it, though. guy in this vid? probably a religion pest now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spotted in a local store

iospace fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 17, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

chitoryu12 posted:

IPAs pretty much universally suck and are just hops out the yin-yang. Best beers in my experience are Belgian and Belgian-style brews like dubbels, tripels, quads, and strong dark ales. High ABV, a complex flavor with relatively low bitterness (I get a lot of dried fruit, bread, and chocolate notes from them), and not that hard to find. Even loving Trader Joe's has the Providential Golden Ale if you want a lot of Belgian-style beer on a budget and it's great.

What the ever loving gently caress is this osha post? Jesus after a great elevator post too.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Krabboss posted:

The Fat Lizard IPA or whatever brewed in Espoo was hyped up to me and it was better than all the other IPAs I've had here but still not good

I drink IPAs because I like the high alcohol-to-ounces rating most of them have, and also I hate myself and I hate that I drink, so it's also punishment! :v:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Hugh Malone posted:

holy poo poo. this happened a while ago to a doctor at a hospital where I live. he didn't make it, though. guy in this vid? probably a religion pest now

I had 2 patients, husband/wife, that both broke their legs when their personal elevator failed and dropped them some 15 feet. Made getting on the lovely often broken elevators at the hospital extra exciting. Additionally, said lovely hospital elevators have trapped me 2 different times, where I had to call for help and was stuck in there for 10 minutes, then suddenly the it opens up and I jump out because i'm not sure if the thing is going to try and guillotine me. gently caress elevators, take the stairs if you can.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:anttony:

LifeSunDeath posted:

I had 2 patients, husband/wife, that both broke their legs when their personal elevator failed and dropped them some 15 feet. Made getting on the lovely often broken elevators at the hospital extra exciting. Additionally, said lovely hospital elevators have trapped me 2 different times, where I had to call for help and was stuck in there for 10 minutes, then suddenly the it opens up and I jump out because i'm not sure if the thing is going to try and guillotine me. gently caress elevators, take the stairs if you can.

Having two blown lumbar discs and needing to take the elevator every time makes me really appreciate good elevator operation/maintenance. And makes the bad ones all the more terrifying.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 17, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

poo poo like that is why they tell you never to get on/off an elevator that's not aligned with its floors.

That said, when you're on the outside of the door with the elevator key, it's only 6 inches off, has been that way for an hour, the elevator maintenance guy is AWOL, it's like 105 degrees on the 11th floor where you are standing, and there have been about a dozen teenage volleyball player girls stuck on the other side of said elevator door the whole time...you do the needful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

poo poo like that is why they tell you never to get on/off an elevator that's not aligned with its floors.

That said, when you're on the outside of the door with the elevator key, it's only 6 inches off, has been that way for an hour, the elevator maintenance guy is AWOL, it's like 105 degrees on the 11th floor where you are standing, and there have been about a dozen teenage volleyball player girls stuck on the other side of said elevator door the whole time...you do the needful.

Why does it matter that they're teenage volleyball players? Wouldn't you do the needful for anyone stuck in that situation?