Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rush signed an exclusive deal with ROH so Park vs Rush will not be happening in MLW. (I assume like all ROH deals it is Exclusive for the US and Canada.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If I can’t get a refund on it I got a free ticket to Mania weekend MLW to give away now

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I feel really bad for Court. He seemed really sure he had a commitment.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
kewl

https://twitter.com/CloonProduction/status/1085336077135740931?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

I feel really bad for Court. He seemed really sure he had a commitment.

It's kind of hard to feel bad for Court given how badly he pays a lot of the guys.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1085718362804637696?s=21

gently caress YES

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Necro Butcher unretires and Mantaur's in the Greatest Clusterfuck, I'm sorry for even having a second of doubt about Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part Two being a good idea

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is Spring Break Part 2 just going to be the clusterfuck itself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1085884522464452608

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Interesting interesting

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here's a bunch of boring white dudes vs some crabs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

joey ryan's getting tested at the free clinic?

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

coconono posted:

Confirmed Nasty Boys return.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

ROH vs CHIKARA?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Very well done https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1086663979949281283

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRafTer posted:

It's kind of hard to feel bad for Court given how badly he pays a lot of the guys.

Is he worse than other indie promoters when it comes to payouts?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah its not like Court is a bajillionaire. He probably pays fairly for the dirtrates indie talent will throw in for.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Is he worse than other indie promoters when it comes to payouts?

Supposedly there's a lot of $150 payouts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

That didn't answer his question.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's better than Nova pro not paying

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

27 tix left

Featuring:

ACH vs AR Fox

Trevor Lee's final AAW event.

DJZ vs. Myron Reed - AAW Heritage Championship

PENTA EL 0M/Rey Fenix vs. LAX

Kimber Lee vs. Jessicka Havok

Rey Horus vs. Trey Miguel

Plus:
MJF
Fred Yehi
Curt Stallion
Jake Something
Eddie Kingston
Besties in the World
Dezmond Xavier
Zachary Wentz
Ace Romero
Mance Warner
Josh Briggs

More To Be Announced
Card Subject To Change

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1085725370664538112

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

As a opposed to what?

MLW is in it's first year or so of operation too.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MassRafTer posted:

Which is actually pretty good for an indy????

I mean maybe not for an upper tier indy but yeah 150 is not the worst payday in the world

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you'd have to pay me $150 to go to an mlw show let alone work one

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I agreed to work next Saturday night before I knew it was the last Trevor Lee/ach aaw show, real bummed about that.

gonna try to go to the next Chicago one in Feb, but still. drat.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

rovert posted:

As a opposed to what?

MLW is in it's first year or so of operation too.
It's not that they're paying wrestlers $150, it's that they're insisting on paying $150 to wrestlers who are being paid multiples of $150 for most of their other bookings. Otherwise known as "The Sapolsky Conundrum."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please provide an example of who was getting paid what before i become mad and MLW faces consequences. "nobody jones" (a joke name based on the wrestler being brand new or very generic and never earning any prestige) earning 150 per shot is quite fine. And that same wrestler, nobody jones, could just be a dick lying about offers from elsewhere just like many wrestlers do since they are bad people and liars as well as the bookers being bad people and liars. if you don't tell me all of the facts very soon then i'm going to ask that you stop providing potential half-truths or outright lies with nothing else being said. Ok?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

It's not that they're paying wrestlers $150, it's that they're insisting on paying $150 to wrestlers who are being paid multiples of $150 for most of their other bookings. Otherwise known as "The Sapolsky Conundrum."

Then don’t take the booking?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm still nervous from my last message, and waiting for you to say OK back. when i open the thread I feel extremely scared of possibly seeing a negative response, instead of OK.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
150 would probably make you one of the better paid SHINE roster members.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm tired of this. please forget what i posted earlier; both Of the posts. if you respond to them i will act like they were NOT made, and this is the warning for that. if you waste your time responding now, long after i've given you enough time to say Ok to me, it will be completely ignored.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Then MLW shouldn't cry when they get a talent scooped out from under them because they are playing the same game, hence why I don't feel bad for them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Then MLW shouldn't cry when they get a talent scooped out from under them because they are playing the same game, hence why I don't feel bad for them.

I agree. I don’t feel bad for them at all. If you try to short talent you get what’s coming to you. I’ve always thought Court was a prick though.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Super No Vacancy posted:

you'd have to pay me $150 to go to an mlw show let alone work one

i went to their war games taping and they managed to make a show with park vs pentagon, low ki vs fenix, joey, mjf, wheeler yuta, pco, etc, the most boring show ive ever been to

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Or sign a contract. Or ignore two reminders that you would be needed for pre-show pre-tapes unpaid or not paid.

I don't get Bix or Dylan Waco stumping for a former eBay scammer turned promoter this hard.

MassRafTer posted:

When have they really cried though? ROH trying to get talent to no show MLW shows that weekend when the TV/show is written is lovely and worth "crying" about.

It isn't like Court is holding back a Stickland from signing with NXT or anything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Or sign a contract. Or ignore two reminders that you would be needed for pre-show pre-tapes unpaid or not paid.

I don't get Bix or Dylan Waco stumping for a former eBay scammer turned promoter this hard.

When have they really cried though? ROH trying to get talent to no show MLW shows that weekend when the TV/show is written is lovely and worth "crying" about.

It isn't like Court is holding back a Stickland from signing with NXT or anything.

The Observer report on the Rush signing was them completely crying to Dave.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The Observer report on the Rush signing was them completely crying to Dave.

At worst it was counter crying to BLP/Dylan/Bix's crying about the Lawlor cancellation and the false claim that it was to do with POLITICS to rile up gullible internet folk.

This is all very last week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1087502349726375936

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The first dude I saw do the OWA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Problematic

quote:

Mexican favorite Pentagon Jr. will wrestle Angel o Demonio, the man that almost killed Puerto Rican wrestler El Cuervo with a cinder block. Más Lucha confirmed the news after a Klandestino wrestling show, “After the main event, Penta Zero M challenged Angel o Demonio to a singles match.” In the video, you can see how Angel o Demono tries to throw a cinder block at Penta, a playback of his atrocious incident last November.

Impact Estelar later reported the news in Puerto Rico, which alarmed many fans and wrestlers on the island. Many were outraged that Pentagon Jr. was giving air and work to a guy that threatened the life of El Cuervo de Puerto Rico. The article stated the following note: “What makes this even more serious is the fact that Pentagon Jr was one of the wrestlers who gave support to El Cuervo after the incident. Now the international star will be part of a promotion with the said assailant in what is promoted as a star fight.”