Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

This is absolute fuckin' garbage.

The audience shot at the end is revelatory. It's basically Fox News Viewers dot avi.

The fact that these are the people running the country is... well... it explains where we are I suppose.

(Someone spot me a tax plz, I'm on mobile and it doesn't seem to want to work.)

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that huckabee clip is something else. there's not even anything coming within a continent of a joke.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1085617289943310336

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 16, 2019

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

The irony of this administration using the Hatch Act as a cudgel for TSA employees is not lost on me.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Yes - he ended up holding an Oval Office address which is the appropriate situation for one. I don't remember the address - but I do clearly remember in 5th grade we were all loaded into the auditorium to watch this since there was a teacher on board.

When they realized what had happened they shuffled us all back to our classes and I can remember my teacher telling us they were all dead while he held back tears. THAT weirded me out - seeing my male teacher cry. Watching the shuttle explode on TV was too abstract for kids that age.

Right? Even in that clip I posted the guy on CNN says it was probably instantaneous. Only to find out the truth, ugh.

Yeah, I was in second grade at the time and suddenly the principle came on the PA and announced it, then asked for a moment of silence. I remember watching my teacher just turn white when it was announced.

On a positive note I also remember classrooms being herded into groups to share the school TVs and a few brought in by teachers to watch Discovery launch in 88 to just roars of applause

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I hemmed and hawed a little before watching AHS : Cult because of the Trumpiness, but I'm not sure how much of that is just that it's never really a good idea to watch AHS in the first place. Might give the Space Force thing a try.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Next Dem Administration, I would like Quavo to hired on as White House Events and Party Planner. 2019 is a surreal ride.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

"We would have pushed Hillary out of a window"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ArianaStrategy/status/1085616110077124609

man they're so poo poo at everything. "wolf pack of rogue states" really rolls off the tongue mikey.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

man they're so poo poo at everything. "wolf pack of rogue states" really rolls off the tongue mikey.

B-b-but I thought Trump was going to be anti-neocon and pro-peace...:ohdear:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, even Kirk Cameron was able to rustle up a few suicidally depressed middle-aged ladies for his birthday party:

Oh come on, spoiler alert the next White House dinner!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Figures that pence would be anti-wolfenoot

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

As far as joke construction is concerned, 'be sure to print' is a pretty good tag.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Haha did he seriously repeat the joke because no one laughed (in the first tweet)

My MAGA-loving boss recommended that show to me, telling me what a "unique concept" it is. I bit my tongue with the obvious response, but mentioned I had played a number of video games with that exact premise so it wasn't really unique.

It could be an amazing show, but... Yeah, I dunno if I can even start it.

It’s an interesting blend of action, revisionist history theorizing and magical realism.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

The first good news to come out of 2019

https://twitter.com/kellenbeck/status/1085231545210802176?s=21

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Mike Huckabee's Best Jokes of 2018

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

"Wolf pack" sounds awesome, how do I join that poo poo

Also, :lol: at any attempt to criticize other nations on moral grounds while we're still best buds with Saudi Arabia

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You run with the big dogs of the Wolf Pack.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Not sure why you linked it, you already listed them all right below it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

You donate to the TYT.

(I wouldn't though)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gotta point out that "Awoooo, wolf pack of rogue states" matches the song almost perfectly

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1085616724441997312?s=21

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wolf Pack of Rogue Nations sounds like a loving awesome group that includes a really ripped guy with a thick mustache, aviators, black wife beater with camo pants, headband and holding machine guns akimbo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's so loving dumb to vote against your leader's plan and then not vote no confidence on her. i see the conservatives are just as poo poo on both sides of the pond.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

First: Nice.

Second: Holy poo poo they're still making those?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Calaveron posted:

Wolf Pack of Rogue Nations sounds like a loving awesome group that includes a really ripped guy with a thick mustache, aviators, black wife beater with camo pants, headband and holding machine guns akimbo

I regret to inform you that because we live in the Captain Planet timeline, they'll all be eye-rollingly terrible stereotypes about whatever rogue states they come from

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

In the audience, not anyone under 50

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Saved by some lovely DUP they bribed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Crow Jane posted:

I regret to inform you that because we live in the Captain Planet timeline, they'll all be eye-rollingly terrible stereotypes about whatever rogue states they come from

Did you know that hitler had a handlebar mustache?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

SocketWrench posted:

In the audience, not anyone under 50

They were in their 20s at the start of the show.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

skylined! posted:

It’s an interesting blend of action, revisionist history theorizing and magical realism.

That's just every Philip K. Dick book, though. The first season of MItHC is one hell of a mess with some very bad casting choices. The second season makes some better decisions, but I still never felt like it lived up to its source material. It's one of the few shows that I quit on.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1085622013895557120

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Groovelord Neato posted:

that huckabee clip is something else. there's not even anything coming within a continent of a joke.

"Look, I put a picture up of a donkey with googly eyes! Is that not enough?! What are you, a bunch of freeloader foreigners looking for your laugh handouts?!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pence wanted to call them the Mean 6 but the loves sucking Donnie cock more than getting in his horse cartoon reference.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

This is absolute fuckin' garbage.

The audience shot at the end is revelatory. It's basically Fox News Viewers dot avi.

The fact that these are the people running the country is... well... it explains where we are I suppose.

(Someone spot me a tax plz, I'm on mobile and it doesn't seem to want to work.)

This is one of the most horrifically unfunny things ever conceived. It's like a bunch of aliens without eyes or taste orbiting some distant star got beamed a bunch of reruns of Heehaw, and tried to write a script to infiltrate the human populace.

Like they say some humor is universal, but how can you even interact with the boomerlords or discuss politics, when their just basic sense of humor is so alien to other humans?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, even Kirk Cameron was able to rustle up a few suicidally depressed middle-aged ladies for his birthday party:

Man, they look absolutely enthralled to be there

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

For a second, my mind went to McConnell lying on the actual floor.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

DaveWoo posted:

Well, first you need to buy a submarine....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1085621471660118016

:thunk: