Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

drat I expect to see "insert coin" pop up on the screen after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

People getting ktfo have always been ok to post. :ohdear:

I kept waiting for him to slowly get up as most people do when they get KTFO'd. But that dude doesn't even move. I don't think he's dead because he's either still breathing or maybe just twitching. But drat.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Trabant posted:

Which place is that? I think we're not exactly drowning in good Thai restaurants here.

888 in South Austin! Check em out, they're a dope little venue with a massive menu, it's like twelve pages long and so far everything I've tried has been a delight

Their appetizers are legit too, I got some BBQ squid with pineapple sauce the other night and a decadent serving of sticky mango rice for dessert. Their generic Chinese stuff is decent too, if you must have general tsos or whatever, but they also have stuff like pad thai, clay pots, a bunch of weird rear end soups I had never heard about, it's all good stuff

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Jan 16, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/NmSr9Wc.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/nlnbi0v.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/z5YsLBD.gifv

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

McDonalds has been pushing cars into waiting spots so the rest of the drive through can flow for at least a decade. However, the first place I ever saw this was Portillo's who has been doing this forever. They make drive through efficiency a loving art form since the 90s.

Since before that. I remember back in the 80s getting sent to the silent square when the order was a big one.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pretty Standard Parkour mouthcatch. I give it a 6/10 since they don't stick the landing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/dcdGmGI.mp4

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
guy got SPLAYED out

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

my local mcdonalds has had a drive-thru for as long as i can remember

which is a pretty long time, at least 1986 or 89, or maybe 87

though i have a few memories from 1985, like the time i knocked the television over

gosh sorry i got side tracked there so yeah lol fast food is wild, anyway, it's a big curvy drive-thru with a window and sometimes if they are very busy they tell you to pull into a parking spot and wait! for your fries! what's up with that, I thought it was a drivethrough not a park-in!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

sandoz posted:

my local mcdonalds has had a drive-thru for as long as i can remember

which is a pretty long time, at least 1986 or 89, or maybe 87

though i have a few memories from 1985, like the time i knocked the television over

gosh sorry i got side tracked there so yeah lol fast food is wild, anyway, it's a big curvy drive-thru with a window and sometimes if they are very busy they tell you to pull into a parking spot and wait! for your fries! what's up with that, I thought it was a drivethrough not a park-in!

Mr. Huckabee, I love your show

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

How does the thread title apply if it looks someone will be driving around a wheelchair by blowing into a straw for the rest of their life?

Look at this narc right here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Reminds me of this local construction worker who fell off an interstate project last week and broke half the bones in his body. I looked up his arrest record after hearing something about him and it's a mile long and 10 years old. Back in 2008, there were multiple days where he would get arrested, get released on bail, and then be arrested for the exact same crime (like shoplifting) hours later. He even tried wearing a disguise once to avoid getting caught.

A young woman was arrested recently in my area for stealing like 8 grand of merchandise from a Victoria's Secret and it turns out that she kept going back to the same store over and over again, grabbing stuff and running out. So, yeah, not exactly a criminal genius. Especially because she would then just go on Facebook and sell the stuff she stole so they had pictures confirming everything she took.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Look at this narc right here.

Hey man I ain't mash no report button.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/LovableAndKind/status/1085319590383632384
This lady is showing too much restrained imo but the "yes ma'am" is killing me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Like a glove

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://gizmodo.com/youtube-finally-bans-dangerous-pranks-and-challenges-af-1831792768

quote:

According to the YouTube post, the new rules will be enforced immediately, but there will be a two-month grace period in which it will remove content in violation of the updated policies without applying strikes against the account holder. Content in retroactive violation of the updated policy may be removed, but that will not result in a strike.

Pranked so hard it killed pranking for everyone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

A young woman was arrested recently in my area for stealing like 8 grand of merchandise from a Victoria's Secret and it turns out that she kept going back to the same store over and over again, grabbing stuff and running out. So, yeah, not exactly a criminal genius. Especially because she would then just go on Facebook and sell the stuff she stole so they had pictures confirming everything she took.

One of our fired employees got in the news after she was arrested for stealing a stroller from Disney. Apparently she put the stroller and its contents up for sale online and the owner set herself up to purchase it with the police in tow.

It was extra creepy before we found out she was selling it because someone trolled her social media and found that she's into daddy kink and infantilization (another employee saw her sitting in a shopping cart being pushed by her boyfriend at Publix), so we thought she had more nefarious plans for the stroller and its baby stuff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/vJPGA2A.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/gpX8l4i.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/icS5QHE.mp4

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

One takes a roti and a naan, and studies them both carefully to see what their differences might be. HTH.

Just FYI, you are the best poster.

Edit:

MotU posted:

to catch a creditor

gently caress, Jerry, at least I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

dobbymoodge has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jan 16, 2019

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

to catch a creditor

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MotU posted:

to catch a creditor

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

MotU posted:

to catch a creditor

Nice

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Noooo. You cant even see his entire face but he's so clearly disappointed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that is so painful to see, and feel, oh my god, there is no freude here, only traurigkeit.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

MotU posted:

to catch a creditor

:thurman:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MotU posted:

to catch a creditor

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pabst Blue Ribbon is the only decent American beer I've tasted.

A pre-emptive fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck your IPAs they suck and you suck majorly for even thinking about posting about any of them as a reply

Ok now not only is your best poster status rescinded, but you are the schadenfreude. I 1) live in the Czech republic (so I naturally have a firm baseline on what adequate beer should be like), 2) think PBR is actually ok based on it's reliable QA and consistent flavor, and 3) was just living in the USA and hate the overabundance of IPA beers there, but... What the actual gently caress?!? You can go to basically any Podunk backwater town in the states today and find at least 2 local brews that are better tasting than PBR AND get you hosed up quicker if that's your thing. And aren't IPAs.

Wait, are you from the distant past? Are you comparing PBR to Schlitz?

e: my qualifications are that I drank a lot of beer tonight.

dobbymoodge has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Jan 16, 2019

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

KingSlime posted:

888 in South Austin!

Thanks!

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

dobbymoodge posted:

Wait, are you from the distant past? Are you comparing PBR to Schlitz?

When my father was stationed in Vietnam each Squadron on his air base got to build their own "Hooch Bar". Basically a little grass roofed building where the pilots and their hooker girlfriends would get wasted each night staffed by a local. The military provided them monthly beer rations of PBR and Schlitz. PBR cost a quarter and Schlitz was free. He said at the end of ther month they were usually down to nothing but a bunch of cases of Schlitz.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Funranium Labs posted:

As bartender that year, I was paying attention to our consumption rates and what things ran out when (something not done before, it seems) and, frankly, it wasn’t complimentary. Remember for this timeline, South Pole Station opened on October 30th with first flight and the station closed on February 14th, with several resupply flights coming in per day while the station was open:

Ran out of Dr. Pepper & Mountain Dew in late March

Ran out of red wine in early April. SEE ALSO: South Pole “Enhanced” Sangria

Ran out of Coke & Pepsi in mid to late April

Ran out of Diet Coke & Pepsi, 7-Up, and root beer in early to mid May

Ran out of tonic and Bailey’s Irish cream in July

Ran out of Crown Royal, Bacardi 151 and club soda in August

Ran out of all beer except the worst one (New Zealand’s Export Gold) by early September.

Ran out of Export Gold the night before first flight arrived and the station opened.

From here - Alcoholism in Antarctica

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Besesoth posted:

I'd thought McPizza was a quick failure in the early 90s - it took an average of 11 minutes from order to delivery, which meant anyone who ordered one either was only just getting their food while everyone else was finishing up or made everyone else eat cold food so everyone could start at the same time - but apparently there were McDonald's franchises serving McPizzas as late as 2017, when corporate finally ordered them to shut it down.

Was the pizza any good, or was it just basically ketchup covered with poo poo plastic cheese?

sneakyfrog posted:

at the largest mcdonalds in the US in Orlando, you can still get yourself a mcpizza

Holy gently caress, I just looked this up and uh, drat. When did that open? I thought you were referring to the one with the largest playplace in the US on I-Drive and Sand Lake Rd.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pro click. Antarctica life is fascinating.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
whatever. its pretty big and thats the marketing poo poo around.

pizza is better than totinos if thats any answer.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

With sound on the gleeful Russianguy laughter at the end makes me think this is the intended result.

edit: I honestly can't tell

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

Was the pizza any good, or was it just basically ketchup covered with poo poo plastic cheese?

Back when it last existed in canada, it was actually pretty good. I'm sure being cooked when ordered helped it a lot, avoiding the stale or badly reheated slice problems of most other fast pizza. It was based on a preformed frozen crust, though, so it was never going to win against any pizza joint that could make it over the use fresh dough hurdle.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

With sound on the gleeful Russianguy laughter at the end makes me think this is the intended result.

edit: I honestly can't tell

They employed a bit too much of whatever accelerant they used, but if they got the tire seated on the rim, mission accomplished.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I loved the McPizzas when you could get those. I was five though, so I may not be the best source.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

oh dope posted:

They employed a bit too much of whatever accelerant they used, but if they got the tire seated on the rim, mission accomplished.

Pretty sure it was acetylene and maybe also oxygen based on the torch tip the guy was running away with which is a HOLY gently caress bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

KingSlime posted:

888 in South Austin! Check em out, they're a dope little venue with a massive menu, it's like twelve pages long and so far everything I've tried has been a delight
888 was my go-to in Austin for years. Their phở is perfect. Pretty sure they call themselves a Vietnamese restaurant but the thai and chinese was always great too.