Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Just that half of the "delayed for reshoots" of recent memory (Justice League, Suicide Squad, maybe New Mutants depending on what they're actually doing with the new footage) have completely missed the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I only posted the cat one because it was funny and who cares about character posters?

I'd never guess someone would take offense at a kitty getting a spotlight.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Fangz posted:

Technological webshooters always felt kinda theme breaking to me.

Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider, granting him the power to do whatever a spider can.... including design and manufacture a miniature device to shoot out webs.

Mind you I also think Superman shouldn't have laser eyes.

I accept death ray eyes. It's ice breath that feels like 1 step over the line. Might as well give him the super ventriloquism at that point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That cat's gonna milkshake duck its way into being a skrull mastermind by the end of the movie.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SonicRulez posted:

I accept death ray eyes. It's ice breath that feels like 1 step over the line. Might as well give him the super ventriloquism at that point.

Yeah! Or the ability to make miniature duplicates of himself with his hands!!!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

mycot posted:

Is this a reference to something?

It's a common joke about Network execs meddling with films in an attempt to chase an audience.

But the bit about including more cats was also a plot point in the film Scrouged.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

They used four cats for filming, each one with a special skill.

So Taken, but with cats.

I want to make a joke about Marvel marketing to 20 and 30 something single women by marketing using cats.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I reckon the promotion for Wonder Woman 2 next year will be centered around her kangaroo.

I loving wish. :sigh:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is this new news?
https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/status/1085645122635624450

They should totally name the movie Bloodshot 2020 like it's running for president.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's been known for a while that Vin Diesel was going to star in a Bloodshot movie for a while now. This is just the first time we see proof of it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I honestly thought I remembered Jason David Frank being cast as Bloodshot, crazy as that sounds

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I honestly thought I remembered Jason David Frank being cast as Bloodshot, crazy as that sounds

That was the Ninjak webseries.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah nobody would be stupid enough to cast that person for a movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

X-O posted:

Yeah nobody would be stupid enough to cast that person for a movie.

I would be

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That movie would make $12 probably.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

X-O posted:

That movie would make $12 probably.

Yeah I'd be really stupid to do it, but I'm not the one who hired me

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah! Or the ability to make miniature duplicates of himself with his hands!!!

HEY, do not reveal Superman's new power!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SonicRulez posted:

The ice breath seems more "plausible" than shooting laser beams out of his eyes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
He stares really hard

This reminds of one time people were talking about how Superman flies, but what does he do to fly faster?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I'm still hung up on Superman getting powers from yellow stars but our sun is white

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ashpanash posted:

I'm still hung up on Superman getting powers from yellow stars but our sun is white

Solar radiation is strongest in the yellow-green wavelengths (a bit over 500nm).

The sun is approximately black anyway.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Solar radiation is strongest in the yellow-green wavelengths (a bit over 500nm).

The sun is approximately black anyway.

the sun peaks in the green but it's not by any means a yellow star, whereas red stars would actually have much of their output in the red part of the spectrum. I don't blame old superman comics for using what was even then somewhat of an antiquated and outdated system for classifying how stars shine. I more blame recent comics for not doing some simple retcon and thus promoting a social myth, similar to stories that promote 'you use 10% of your brain' myths.

The sun being the closest thing to a true black-body in the solar system means that it doesn't reflect light and has nothing to do with its emission but I'm pretty sure you know that and were making a joke, so I'll just leave this here to explain it for those who don't get it. Because we all know that explaining a joke makes it a lot better.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Samuringa posted:

He stares really hard

This reminds of one time people were talking about how Superman flies, but what does he do to fly faster?

Superman’s flight speed is entirely proportional to how determined he is at any given moment.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

And how hard he clenches.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

clenches what

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:tutbutt:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
He sucks in air and farts it out to both cut down on wind resistance and generate propulsion.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Davros1 posted:

The ice breath seems more "plausible" than shooting laser beams out of his eyes.

You're probably right. It should be one or the other, but not both. Except in like the video games or the really silly stories. Then give Superman every power possible because that's basically what he used to do.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Away all Goats posted:

clenches what

I'm happy to accept that Superman has a muscle we don't have that he clenchs when he wants to fly.

I'm even more happy to accept that the muscle is in his rear end.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The general conclusion at the time was "He flexes his gravitons" which is somewhat like this, so yea, let's go with that. He clenches his butt real hard.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Look at how the marketing is all about the cat. Shameful

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1085641414694727680?s=19

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Who is the blue lady anyway?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The cat lady from Avatar

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

And is she as important as the cat?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So the trailer for John Wick 3 just dropped. Looks like Halle Berry gets to play an actual badass, which is good since Kingsman, X-Men, and Catwoman have all shortchanged her on that count.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Fangz posted:

Who is the blue lady anyway?

I think that is supposed to be Dr. Minerva (obscure Kree Super scientist.), as played by Gemma Chan. She was in a BBC series (Humans) and had a part in Crazy, Rich Asians.

She's of Asian descent with a posh British accent. So she's hitting all fetish beats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's had small roles in Sherlock, Doctor Who and was the big bad in TF5. Based on Humans alone I'd say she's a pretty good actress.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

David D. Davidson posted:

So the trailer for John Wick 3 just dropped. Looks like Halle Berry gets to play an actual badass, which is good since Kingsman, X-Men, and Catwoman have all shortchanged her on that count.

I'm more hype for jw 3 than endgame

E: the trailer btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XM597XO94

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Question IRL posted:

I think that is supposed to be Dr. Minerva (obscure Kree Super scientist.), as played by Gemma Chan. She was in a BBC series (Humans) and had a part in Crazy, Rich Asians.

She's of Asian descent with a posh British accent. So she's hitting all fetish beats.

So, she's Psylocke.

site posted:

I'm more hype for jw 3 than endgame

E: the trailer btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XM597XO94

Same, but I'm more hype for John Wick 3 than anything else, it is not a fair match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She'd definitely have been a better choice than Olivia Munn.