Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Everyone has an annoying or punchable face or makes aggravating expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I loved that show. When I was 9 or so I'd watch it every Saturday at 10:30am on channel 14 with my cousin.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Linux Pirate posted:

So is it some subconscious thing youtubers are learning to tap in on that, if you have an annoying or punchable face or make an aggravating expression, you'll get more views?

Like almost every big youtuber I've seen always choose the most irritating expressions for there thumbnails (like that horrible try guys mega meme vid)

That's marketing trends for you :shrug:. If it's working for some people everyone else might as well do the same thing. Eventually people will get sick of it, then someone comes along and does something different, but also does it well enough that it makes other content creators want to change.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

TheMostFrench posted:

That's marketing trends for you :shrug:. If it's working for some people everyone else might as well do the same thing. Eventually people will get sick of it, then someone comes along and does something different, but also does it well enough that it makes other content creators want to change.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

TheMostFrench posted:

That's HOT MARKETING TRENDS FOR YOU, FOLLOW FOR FREE VBUCKS :siren: If it's working for some people, THOSE PEOPLE ARE PART OF THE MARKETO-FAMILY! FISTBUMP! Eventually people will get sick of it, then some SOYFACE SJWS TRY TO TUSSLE WITH THE BIG BOYS?!, but also does it well enough that it makes other content creators want to CHANGE FROM A 1080GTX TO A 2080! IS IT WORTH IT??

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
This looks innocent enough, but I loving dare you to watch the video it's from

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

"Aggressively white"

Seems that he's at least improving in the last 5 years

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://puu.sh/CxVov/079717563b.mp4

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

itsa me, mary sue the sjw

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Does anyone else see SJW and say it out in their head like Sjew because the people who use it unironically are also probably racist?

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 17, 2019

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hihohe posted:

Does anyone else see SJW and say it out in their head like Sjew because the people who use it unironically are also probably racist?

For some reason I separate out the S from the rest of it and read it as S-Jew

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I read it as 'suj-dub' because pronouncing 'double you' is too time consuming, even in my head.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hihohe posted:

Does anyone else see skeleton and say it out in their head like Sjew because the people who use it unironically are also probably racist?

I only see Skeleton.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/skeleton-to-skeleton/kckodmjikeoncekpplppkkcjolofmacc?hl=en

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Is this about being confused by the human emotion known as empathy?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean this would be 100% worth watching if they were actually trying to do it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I'll bet it's exactly like that

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Intermediate thumbnails:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ugh that loving grill

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hi incognito window, I'm Youtube!

Since I don't know who you are or what you like, I'd better play it safe and recommend some totally inoffensive, non-confrontational children's programming

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
🎵Nigg-a-lodeon!🎵

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Hi incognito window, I'm Youtube!

Since I don't know who you are or what you like, I'd better play it safe and recommend some totally inoffensive, non-confrontational children's programming

Well, were you able to finish?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

Intermediate thumbnails:

YT absolutely doesn't believe me when I say I'm not interested in this guy's videos, they must know something I don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

EorayMel posted:

Intermediate thumbnails:

He makes good vids though because most of these dorks just upload themselves talking and lazily pick some random video gameplay "background" footage that they use for the "video" when what they actually post are podcasts. (BoredGamer for example.) The guy above (YongYea) actually puts effort into his videos and shows screenshots, photos, and clips that are relevant to what he's talking about. He gets like hundreds of thousands of views per video and most of his vids are ripping on devs for being asses. :D

Thumbnails are still terrible though. :cool: