Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tollymain posted:

thats not the vibe i got from reading that essay

It's the vibe I can see someone getting from the headline though, which you have to understand is as far as 90% of people get these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Sure, these ones were fake, but don't let that get you down—there are literally thousands more young women who think they can make a difference and owned a smartphone before the celebrity iCloud hack.

What?

You really didn't read that at all. It's saying we are going to have to, in short terms, "let girls be girls," because (mostly) men are holding women up to an impossible standard of purity of not having been photographed nude.

I'd love to take a bullshit humanist view to it, but this is the world in which we live. Women are treated less than men. They act it is as if a nude photo you took consensually is the worst thing for a decision maker to have done. Then the negative reaction reinforces and normalizes the behavior of misogynists.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Also, the FLOTUS did nude modeling. I don’t say that as some dumb dig or attempt to shame her. It’s more like “who the gently caress cares?” We all have a dumb naked human meat body; how about we worry about stuff like values and integrity rather than whether someone ever captured a nude image on film or digital media or oil paint.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If you like them and media critique I’m going to recommend Lindsey Ellis (cw: long video essays, ADHD no-go)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62cPPSyoQkE
Seconding Lindsey Ellis. Sometimes those media critiques include a good history lesson, and she has a habit of offering an angle to some of her subjects I ordinarily wouldn't care about that manage to be thought provoking.

Occasionally she might get something wrong, but she conducts much research for her essays.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It's such an horrible double standard. In a world where "send nudes" is a loving catchphrase, but any woman who's shown to have done so is labeled a slut.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Honestly, I don't wholly like the piss tape joke, because I think moderating what kind of sex is acceptable is really lovely, even if it's someone I loving hate, or sex I find repugnant.

That said, it IS ridiculous that that is a real loving thing.

Also don't @me with absurd reductions in logic. I meant consensual sex between humans that are able to loving consent.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It’s the same kind of crap you hear at every single EO brief or in all of the discussion groups we had to have after the Marines United scandal. There’s always some SNCOs or officers, sometimes even the EO rep themselves making comments about how the women should have known better and should have made better decisions.

And then LCPL Wizard was the one who got in trouble for saying “you’re right Gunny, it was a mistake for those women to trust marines”

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Wasabi the J posted:

Honestly, I don't wholly like the piss tape joke, because I think moderating what kind of sex is acceptable is really lovely, even if it's someone I loving hate, or sex I find repugnant.

Also don't @me with absurd reductions in logic. I meant consensual sex between humans that came loving consent.

There are some kinks which should be shamed, and that is one of them.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Internet Wizard posted:

It’s the same kind of crap you hear at every single EO brief or in all of the discussion groups we had to have after the Marines United scandal. There’s always some SNCOs or officers, sometimes even the EO rep themselves making comments about how the women should have known better and should have made better decisions.

And then LCPL Wizard was the one who got in trouble for saying “you’re right Gunny, it was a mistake for those women to trust marines”

When I was in Korea we were told that if you think she's going to go to the cops and say you raped her, that you should go to the cops first and say she raped you instead. And this was during my in-processing SHARP briefing, not some off-the-cuff remark from a lovely NCO or something.

Go Army :)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Chichevache posted:

There are some kinks which should be shamed, and that is one of them.

2020 presidential candidate John McAfee

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1085457703688904704?s=19

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

Also don't @me with absurd reductions in logic. I meant consensual sex between humans that are able to loving consent.

It would be one thing if he liked getting peed on, or just watching people pee. I would begrudgingly admit you're probably right.

If the story is true and the kink in question is being such a thin skinned racist baby that he was enjoying prostitutes peeing on a bed because the first black president slept there... naw gently caress him.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

That was not what I expected.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
"pls don't kinkshame" unironically applied to Donald Trump's Moscow frolics is completely missing the point

e: also, earlier I was just mocking the wording of the nudes article's abstract (subheadline? whatever those are). The op-ed itself seems broadly right, although all the NYT op-eds in the world won't make an iota of difference when somebody's nudes do leak.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 17, 2019

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
So hey speaking of Moscow,
https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1085517445295755265?s=09

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

If you like contrapoints, this guy is good as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU

Oh yeah HBomberGuy's pretty good.

ThreeArrows is also good but he's less funny and more dry, but still does pretty good take downs of altright talking points.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I'm shocked that everyone wouldn't want to watch the 4 hour video of Destiny arguing with idiots I just finished.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
If it's the one where he invites some alt-right chick that claims to totally not be alt-right and then "debates" her ad infinitum, I think there's even a "best of" of it floating around somewhere that's still like 20 minutes long.

I do not understand YouTubers.

/edit:
yes, yes, trap sprung, etc.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I think one reason the piss tape is a meme is because it'd be harmless in itself. No one's saying they want to believe in a daughter-molesting tape, because that obvious fetish of Trump's is disgusting and depressing.

The other reason is we are rightly primed to shame any quality or preference of his. I remember Bill Clinton liked fast food too.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If it's the one where he invites some alt-right chick that claims to totally not be alt-right and then "debates" her ad infinitum, I think there's even a "best of" of it floating around somewhere that's still like 20 minutes long.

I do not understand YouTubers.

/edit:
yes, yes, trap sprung, etc.

No, this is from yesterday. Apparently I'm broken and enjoy watching/listening to people argue online as much as doing it. He did post a summary video of this one before it.

I do find wasting my time watching these videos helps me understand the reasons behind the positions I hold.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

As far as fetishes go yeah, getting pissed on is pretty tame.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We have a moral obligation to kink shame but only the creeps

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Burger eating, daughter loving, piss loving sex creep will never not be laughably disgusting.

It’s the layers that add up. Thought the creepy daughter images and comments should be enough in any normal world.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Who hasn’t said some weird poo poo when they’re deep in the throes of a pounding orgasm?

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 17, 2019

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s the layers that add up.

That's how we deal with that calculation in physics. Someone release the piss tape, every other single part of that dossier by mr "I'm not MI6" has been true.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

quote:

The HHS inspector general says “thousands” more migrant children were likely separated by the Trump administration than previously known.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/17/report-trump-administration-migrants-1093242

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Getting turned on by piss play = doesn't concern me.

Getting turned on by paying several prostitutes to piss on a hotel bed = guillotine once the revolution comes, for reason of being a rich gently caress

Getting turned on by having prostitutes piss on a bed the first African-American president (that you just succeeded) slept in = guillotine for being a racist son of a bitch

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

We already know this, what we haven't got is any info on where the camps are or a journalist would have been able to get in there by now. Nowt, nada, nothing you bastards.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I want the piss tape to be real just to see the evangelical right say that it's actually cool and good.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Getting turned on by piss play = doesn't concern me.

Getting turned on by paying several prostitutes to piss on a hotel bed = guillotine once the revolution comes, for reason of being a rich gently caress

Getting turned on by having prostitutes piss on a bed the first African-American president (that you just succeeded) slept in = guillotine for being a racist son of a bitch

same. Apart from the last one, I want that broadcasted via satellite to every person on the planet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fister Roboto posted:

I want the piss tape to be real just to see the evangelical right say that it's actually cool and good.

God pees on the world everyday in the form of rain.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

That Jesus in a jar of piss photo would come back in a really special way.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

TPM made the argument that we’re going to hear so many stories exactly like this as Congress starts actual oversight.

Everything that’s been done so far by the administration has been so ham handed. We just don’t know the true extent yet.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My favorite trumpism continues to be his fear of stairs, and hatred of people who blithely walk down them.

E: who not whon

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 17, 2019

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

My favorite trumpism continues to be his fear of stairs, and hatred of people whon blithely walk down them.

If I was in charge of how air force one was dealt with, I'd make sure the steps were 2 inches steeper every time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wow that really takes a hard turn about 3/4 in. :stare: And another right at the end.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Godholio posted:

Wow that really takes a hard turn about 3/4 in. :stare: And another right at the end.

:allbuttons:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

Dude’s gonna need a wholly different set of anti-virus protection for sure :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm like...okay so he cuts a hole in the hammock, it's a little weird. Then he NOPE

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

So does Russia have dirt on literally every politician everywhere, and/or is literally everyone so afraid of getting poloniumed to stand up to Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1085946255140945920