Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

we need a version of CalmHitler.jpg where the Shouting Guy is about toxic masculinity and the Hitler is replaced by Bill Cosby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Remember how Lester led the fight to get Rogers his job back after the latter had his "1A" rights violated by being fired for criticising the president?
Wife-beating hypocrite scum.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

baquerd posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
You're in for a treat when you open someone's Rap Sheet and it's just line after line of 'shut the gently caress up, moron'.

Odonata posted:

Remember how Lester led the fight to get Rogers his job back after the latter had his "1A" rights violated by being fired for criticising the president?
When I saw this on Facebook, I wanted to reply but it was already full of comments calling him a wife beater and a hack. :thumbsup:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This will backfire on them just like I called it when it would backfire on Nike for running Kaepernick ads!

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Raised By Birds posted:

Can't wait for quarterly numbers to come out and show that Gillette and/or its parent companies suffered negligible losses from razor boycotts.

Conservatives boycotting products en masse is incredibly important to them, because they not only want the invisible hand of the free market to exist, but they want to control all aspects of it to back up their "side" in the culture war. As soon as a boycott is decreed from AFA or Eagle Forum or whoever, suddenly True America has Woken Up and True Morality is winning the day!

But, by the time that quarterly or yearly numbers come in and show that their boycott barely affected the company's bottom line, if at all, they've already moved on to the next outrage so they don't care. The only one that they really cling to still is JCPenney, since it legitimately did go down in flames - but because of terrible business decisions, not because they hired Ellen DeGeneres, a known lesbian.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll eat a MAGA-hat (I won't) if sales of Gilette products don't increase from this, just like they did for Nike, Levis and all the other companies in similar situations.
What irritates me is that Schick and other producers of shaving stuff haven't come out in support of Gilette. Announce that you agree that rape, harassment and bullying is poo poo behavior, you cowards!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what the gently caress is that, anything?

What the gently caress is wrong with you, Adams?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Dilbert man is mad people can be flippant about every stupid thing that comes out of his deranged mouth.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

It seems to me like he got owned and is mad

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Number 3 is loving trash, I’ve never seen this artist before but holy poo poo what an rear end in a top hat.

The bear makes me so sad tho. :saddowns:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Odonata posted:

no, see, that was a business decision by the almighty invisible hand of the marketplace, which is cool and good. Why do you hate John Robinson Block's right of free speech (to tell people they're fired)?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

BiggerJ posted:

I should nominate one of my own to give this post some actual content... oh, hey, you're one to talk about ignorance you stupid loving oval office.

In fairness to Tinsley, he doesn't claim they were children, and there were 18 reported adult deaths during that timeframe. So he's not actually wrong this time, technically... Just omitting relevant facts

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Lightning Knight posted:

Number 3 is loving trash, I’ve never seen this artist before but holy poo poo what an rear end in a top hat.

LK, it's thread's favourite moron Rob Smith Jr.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

It's Rob Smith Jr, who has had an extremely well-earned reputation as the Dumbest Motherfucker Posted ITT for years now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

loquacius posted:

It's Rob Smith Jr, who has had an extremely well-earned reputation as the Dumbest Motherfucker Posted ITT for years now

I like how it's patterned after a safety razor and looks nothing like a Gillette 20 blade monstrosity.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lightning Knight posted:

Rob Smith Jr. is making his triumphant return after some time in the wilderness (literally, doing goofy cartoons for Florida tourism or something and his wife does nature books for children he illustrates sometimes).

Back in the bad old Obama Days he was briefly Glenn Beck's in-house cartoonist and just all around dumbass.

Last week he was melting down on Twitter about AOC being an "out of control, yipping mite of a pest" and questioning why on Earth the craven media allows "Cortes" to use three names when two names are plenty for any American.

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1084492537266614274

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

People will also buy razors to own the right, even though a giant corporation doesn’t actually give a poo poo about toxic masculinity and is just filling in whatever equation it thinks will equal the most profit. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least SOMEONE at Gillette was hoping this would be controversial, because there is no better free advertising than the press.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Lmao wow ok. Well still gently caress that guy what a douchebag.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

People will also buy razors to own the right, even though a giant corporation doesn’t actually give a poo poo about toxic masculinity and is just filling in whatever equation it thinks will equal the most profit. I wouldn’t be surprised if at least SOMEONE at Gillette was hoping this would be controversial, because there is no better free advertising than the press.

Yeah AFAICT it's just the 2019-flavored equivalent of the old standard "BE A REAL MANLY MAN WITH OUR RAZORS" ad campaign, and calling for responsible behavior is great but I dunno why we're looking to razor companies for social guidance other than that the Shadowrun hellworld is already in full swing

Behind every woke brand is a smoke-filled room full of Don Drapers gleefully accepting your woke money

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

loquacius posted:

I maintain Payne being more impressive in his sheer dumb motherfuckery. Like, seriously, just stone stupid, ideology and vroom vrooms aside.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Uh, OK?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Rob Smith-Junior and his three names were responsible for that incomprehensible "boss quitting his job due to obamacare" thing, aye?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

Rob Smith-Junior and his three names were responsible for that incomprehensible "boss quitting his job due to obamacare" thing, aye?

Yeah, and also the hunchback who was fired forever because of it

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Manuel Calavera posted:

what the gently caress is that, anything?

Channing was known for starring in the musical Hello Dolly, if that's what you mean.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Manuel Calavera posted:

I like when olds try to criticize millennials using gen x stereotypes.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pakled posted:

I like when olds try to criticize millennials using gen x stereotypes.

The Homerpalooza episode is 22 years old. Adams really on the cutting edge here.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Does Dilbert wear a chef's hat or is that his hair/fleshy growths?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Avirosb posted:

It's best not to question it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Avirosb posted:

It's the massive misshapen untreated brain tumor that is the only logical explanation for Scott Adams' political views

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

in the next strip dilbert will flay the ignorant millenial scum for lacking eidetic recall of Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

In college, I shaved my legs (sometimes my girlfriend would help) because I was on the cycling team.

Mind you, this was in the late 1970's.

Why? My reason: Because it makes it easier to heal from road rash.

Gillette Sensor is the best blade IMHO.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Keiya posted:

In fairness to Tinsley, he doesn't claim they were children, and there were 18 reported adult deaths during that timeframe. So he's not actually wrong this time, technically... Just omitting relevant facts

There's also the inconvenient fact that Obama was president for eight years and Trump's admin has passed the number of dead detainees by a loving third in a quarter of the time.

Also Obama sucked on immigration. They're killing way more human beings than a guy who was widely and justly criticized for killing too many human beings.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have no issues with the Gilette ad, but overall I'm just tired that we have to rely on #wokebrands to be our morality compass.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

seiferguy posted:

I have no issues with the Gilette ad, but overall I'm just tired that we have to rely on #wokebrands to be our morality compass.

Of all the woke brands. Their slogan was particularly overtly masculinity based.

So it's not Wendy's trying to be socially woke while being lovely.

Edit: not that they aren't secretly milkshake duck I have no clue.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Unless I'm missing something, Gillette's worst sins are erroneous "best" claims in their advertising and some price fixing lawsuits, so run-of-the-mill mostly benign evil stuff.

I guess #wokebrands are good as a barometer for social change and if they put their money where their mouth is with legitimate philanthropy, but a lot of the act is Milkshake Duckage, yeah

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

It's probably as simple as demographics saying they are failing in the 18-25 range and attempting to court that demo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

VideoGameVet posted:

In college, I shaved my legs (sometimes my girlfriend would help) because I was on the cycling team.

Mind you, this was in the late 1970's.

Why? My reason: Because it makes it easier to heal from road rash.

Gillette Sensor is the best blade IMHO.

Sorry buddy, that makes you a woman.

Now, back to the subject at hand, how dare a razor company call masculinity toxic!!!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

loquacius posted:

Yeah, and also the hunchback who was fired forever because of it
I found that one:

But I haven't been able to find the one I mentioned, anyone have a copy lying around? :v:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gotchoo fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

There was that time they used the courts to kill the device that stropped cartridge razors so we'd stop relying on unrecyclable blades. That's pretty evil, but it's not like, Exxon evil.