Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Catching up on old eps, and Kevin Pollak's partner Jamie should be an actual ep guest, she spoke with the obsession for lovely food minutiae that any self-respecting Doughboys fan should aspire to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Doughboys announced a Chicago show to Golden Plate members this afternoon and it sold out almost immediately.

Rumors are they'll add another show or move to a bigger venue. I really hope so cause I've been waiting for them to come here forever.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What was the roguelike Yusong mentioned when talking about LPs in the last Double?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What was the roguelike Yusong mentioned when talking about LPs in the last Double?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/646570/Slay_the_Spire/

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Slay The Spire is dope. It's a MTG/Hearthstone like card game, but you build up your deck in a cool way as you make your way through a dungeon.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

ManoliIsFat posted:

Slay The Spire is dope. It's a MTG/Hearthstone like card game, but you build up your deck in a cool way as you make your way through a dungeon.
Thanks, I'll have to check this out.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They added another Chicago show, just got my tickets. Very hyped.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How did the doughboys visit a duty free if they didn’t have international tickets?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The second Chicago show sold out in under an hour. I wonder how many they could do in a weekend and sellout completely.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Popete posted:

The second Chicago show sold out in under an hour. I wonder how many they could do in a weekend and sellout completely.

They could probably do a week of shows if they are sticking with that tiny venue.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tavarin posted:

They could probably do a week of shows if they are sticking with that tiny venue.

Yeah it's an odd choice for a venue, like 250 max I think.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Popete posted:

Yeah it's an odd choice for a venue, like 250 max I think.

It's always better to book a small venue and sell out/book more shows than book a too-large venue and have half the seats empty

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like the idea of Wiger being forced to do a full week of shows, though

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Radical posted:

I like the idea of Wiger being forced to do a full week of shows, though

I'm kinda glad I'm going to the second show because it's gonna be a totally wrung out Wiger, awake past 9:00 PM.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Popete posted:

I'm kinda glad I'm going to the second show because it's gonna be a totally wrung out Wiger, awake past 9:00 PM.
Who knows, maybe he'll have a Pepsi past 3 in the afternoon and ride that caffeine wave all night.

Ahhhhh I feel bad poking fun at Wiger after hearing about him buying out the middle seats on the flight they weren't going to take to let the window and aisle dudes stretch out. A+ move on his part.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
From the Dan Goor episode: The Brooklyn 99 writer's room lunch order system is insane

Seems like running this full-on game show to pick a sandwich is why they're having to work overtime

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

From the Dan Goor episode: The Brooklyn 99 writer's room lunch order system is insane

Seems like running this full-on game show to pick a sandwich is why they're having to work overtime

Yeah I mean I get that writers probably do have pretty bad overtime but spending an hour choosing where to eat every day isn't helping.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Comedy writers have trouble with time management and staying on task?!?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What the gently caress is wrong with Nick, why does he keep sabotaging the doughboys

I'm starting to think the spill on the Netflix exec was on purpose!!

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Sorry, buddy

cams
Mar 28, 2003

to be clear, this is the same thing he hosed up from a month ago. episode was recorded in mid december.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

cams posted:

to be clear, this is the same thing he hosed up from a month ago. episode was recorded in mid december.

The GMA thing?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Guessing a hot chicken place for Nashville and probably Waffle House for Huntsville cause there's not really a chain that's both big enough and super specific to north Alabama (arguably Milo's, but they really need to knock out WH.)

If they weren't likely covering chicken for Nashville I could see them using Huntsville for one of the generic Southern tendies places like Zaxby's/Foosackly's/Guthrie's.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Nick, why does he keep sabotaging the doughboys

quote:

Betsy Sodaro and Mano Agapion join us live in BREA, CA for a review of The Hat, a chain specializing in pastrami dip sandwiches

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I listened to this in the car and my girlfriend was complaining about the person with the annoying voice. I thought she was talking about Betsy but it turned out it was Nick.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Maybe I wouldn't have said it in on the line with the producers, but I agree with Nick; GMA and the Doughboys really do not mix at all and it felt like a weird pairing (Of course, this is the same morning show that brought in Wu-Tang Clan on to perform recently, so who knows what is going on with their booking department these days.)

Also, if I was walking into a convenience store and saw a sign on the door that said "Mountain Dew Blaze Country now in stock" I'd beeline for the cooler and shove anybody in my way to the floor. Mano stumbled into something special with that one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Deli Boys is pretty good. Equal amounts of self loathing as Doughboys, none of the antagonism though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Deli Boys is pretty good. Equal amounts of self loathing as Doughboys, none of the antagonism though.

That's disappointing.

I need to check it out still, trying to catch up on Doughboys and Hollywood Handbook at the moment.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Popete posted:

That's disappointing.

I need to check it out still, trying to catch up on Doughboys and Hollywood Handbook at the moment.

The have other mental illnesses and anxieties that fill the gap

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Deli Boys isn't bad. I love how much they regret their 2 guest questions. https://twitter.com/brainfreezepods/status/1091400805272481793?s=21
That said, I will never try to go to a deli when visiting LA.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

A little disappointed that they actually like Korn.

rgaitan
May 12, 2005

I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick.

FitFortDanga posted:

Anyone know what "magic" Mary Holland did when she came out?

She had a little puff-ball that she held between her fingers and opened it up and waved it at the crowd.

I was in the crowd- it was a great live show but they didn't sell out- there were almost two empty rows neat the front.
San Diego and especially the HOB is notorious for this.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
I’ve had Mitch’s birthday tribute to lil Wiges stuck in my head for two days so just a refresher if you haven’t seen it.

https://youtu.be/-G1p9IKbFoE

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
"All cucks deserve to die!"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Big fan of Mitch getting brutally destroyed by the knife this week. He's never gonna recover...

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I was listening to the story about Mitch's deranged grandpa burning his Happy Meal and I rediscovered this exchange:

Wiger: What's Antwerp?
Mitch: Antwerp was like the other D-Day place. There was Normandy and Antwerp.

I can't decide which one's dumber.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Let's not kid ourselves, Mitch is definitely dumber.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

FitFortDanga posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, Mitch is definitely dumber.

Nick is book smart but the GMA stuff shows he lacks a lot of common sense

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think Nick's dumber than Mitch, he's just more confident in the idea that he is smart.

One of my favorite dumb Nick things is when he asks live audiences an open ended question and expects responses beyond applause or cheering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nick can articulate his opinions with deeper nuance than either "It's great!" or "It's trash!"