Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
remember they're more scared of you than you are of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Call me crazy but I actually kinda think they overdid the footsteps a bit, or maybe i just haven't gotten used to them. Here I am running around doing whatever and suddenly... :stare: i hear it

they're here

they're everywhere :gonk:

AND I CAN'T SEE THEM

WHERE ARE THEY
:stonk: oh.......thaaat's a friendly.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 16, 2019

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Friar Zucchini posted:

Call me crazy but I actually kinda think they overdid the footsteps a bit, or maybe i just haven't gotten used to them. Here I am running around doing whatever and suddenly... :stare: i hear it

they're here

they're everywhere :gonk:

AND I CAN'T SEE THEM

WHERE ARE THEY
:stonk: oh.......thaaat's a friendly.

I don't usually use headphones if I'm playing solo, so I don't hear poo poo and get jumped all the time. I've come to accept it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
War Tapes and the dice sound team in general are the best thing about the battlefields series in the modern console era

We talked about this last night lol

My buddy in Dallas had a TV that was twice as large as the room accommodated and a kilowatt 7.1 system for bc2 and it was like standing in a combat zone

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Double posting to say it's a very NYC problem that the game take ten times longer to "copy" the update file around the hard drive than it does to download it

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Finger Prince posted:

I don't usually use headphones if I'm playing solo, so I don't hear poo poo and get jumped all the time. I've come to accept it.

Played for the first time since the newest patch last night and holy cow the footsteps! Sounds like people are right next to you, but they are actually 20 feet away on the other side of a house.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’ve gotten jumpy from my own drat footsteps a few times now, it’s insane how much louder they are.

EDIT: Having done a few rounds of it for the Tides of War event, Squad Conquest is total rear end, particularly if you don’t have a legit squad to play with. 8v8 sounds nice in theory, but the maps are still a bit too large for such a small group of players.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 17, 2019

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

fartknocker posted:

EDIT: Having done a few rounds of it for the Tides of War event, Squad Conquest is total rear end, particularly if you don’t have a legit squad to play with. 8v8 sounds nice in theory, but the maps are still a bit too large for such a small group of players.

It's like a shitter version of domination, and with so few players, it only takes one decent squad to stomp the poo poo out of the other team.

Time to cheese the gently caress out of the it, unlock the gun and never touch it again.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

StevoMcQueen posted:

It's like a shitter version of domination, and with so few players, it only takes one decent squad to stomp the poo poo out of the other team.

Time to cheese the gently caress out of the it, unlock the gun and never touch it again.

16vs16 sounds like it would be much more reasonable.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I’ve gotten jumpy from my own drat footsteps a few times now, it’s insane how much louder they are.

Yeah, I played a few rounds this morning. It's just a constant revolving door of capping points while the other team caps one of the others. By the time you get there to recapture it, they're gone and capturing the opposite one. Even if you hold of lose all three, it doesn't seem to make any difference on the ticket countdown speed, you'll lose from using up the tickets reviving before you get counted out from ticket countdown. If it even counts down at all (it didn't look like it).

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

16vs16 sounds like it would be much more reasonable.

It may be having the same issue that frontlines small is having right now where it’s 8v8 instead of 16v16. :dice: said it’s unintentional and it may be something they can fix on the back end

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
On the plus side it should be much faster and easier to do the tides of war challenges in squad conquest than it was with grand ops.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is performance better than the beta? I've got a 780ti and the beta ran sorta poo poo, or like was getting I think under 60fps on like medium settings.

But saw some youtube of a guy saying he's running the game on my card at like ultra 60fps.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
So, looks like you can't buy the guns from the last tides of war anymore, kinda lame.

Tried playing squad conquest with a buddy earlier, but going in as a duo seems to usually break up your team into 3 squads, which cripples your team a bit.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

what if, when you pulled the trigger, only Love came out?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
We are aware of an issue where guns that should be shooting love are instead shooting lust. Player feed back suggests this is preventing the development of stable, long term relationships. Expect a fix "soon".

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Bananana posted:

what if, when you pulled the trigger, only Love came out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ifibwk5o40

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lmao bold prediction: squad conquest is going to be a mode people play this week and never again.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

red19fire posted:

Lmao bold prediction: squad conquest is going to be a mode people play this week and never again.

It’s so bad. Like, really really bad.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Nottherealaborn posted:

It’s so bad. Like, really really bad.

Yeah I played 3 rounds just to get the first challenge out of the way and it's TDM with capture points. I'm only going to play it to finish the challenges and never again.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Playing as the brits on Rotterdam small conquest suuuuuucks. It's way to easy to get pushed back into your spawn and spawn camped.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

red19fire posted:

Sadly, no, because it’s also required for some of next week’s ToW assignments as well.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
I dont think the squad mode is bad, it's just that you kinda need your own fully coordinated squad to be successful.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

I dont think the squad mode is bad, it's just that you kinda need your own fully coordinated squad to be successful.

Couple of the PS4 players in the COD thread have mentioned multiple times that they've won a squad BO with pubbies, no mics.

I was blown away.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

So the KE7 sucks now, it's just all over the place when prone. What's a good Support weapon now?

Also, do you get Tides of War chapter experience for playing game modes outside of Squad Conquest?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Beastie posted:

Couple of the PS4 players in the COD thread have mentioned multiple times that they've won a squad BO with pubbies, no mics.

I was blown away.

I've done this but it's rare. Sometimes you get competent players that use waypoints and the map. One time it happened to me and I'm pretty sure I was just the lone dude left out of a preformed party though

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Midniter posted:

So the KE7 sucks now, it's just all over the place when prone. What's a good Support weapon now?

The only thing that has less than the KE7 for recoil is the Bren gun with all the recoil reduction specs and I would say it's markedly inferior in other ways.

Unless you wanted to do something crazy like the FG-42 in semi auto mode.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Also, do you get Tides of War chapter experience for playing game modes outside of Squad Conquest?

I find the Lewis gun to be an awesome all around gun for Support. I spec'd it out so I can move and shoot. I sort of treat it like an assault rifle. Going prone with the bipod is extremely effective, but it just happens to be a bonus to me.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Right but the Lewis gun has a bigger kick than the KE7, so if he thinks that the KE7 jumps all over the place the Lewis gun is gonna be even worse. :(

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Well maybe Midniter needs to get good and stop using trash pubby guns.
:love:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW I do agree that the Lewis gun is probably the best overall choice for Support. You can do Assault Rifle stuff with it and it can also do a bit of MMG work in a pinch. It's real lethal out to around 60m too so most situations it has an answer.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Midniter posted:

I haven't unlocked many, but the MG34 with rapid fire mod is pretty great for shredding dudes. Only thing is, you'll spend most of the time running around with a pistol because it's useless unless you want to spend a lot of time lying around on the ground.

Yes, you do get Tides of War bonuses in other game modes, but then they bone you with "win a game of team deathquest" roadblocks.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 18, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I wrote up my thoughts on LMGs and MMGs in the other Battlefield thread. I hope it's useful to y'all.

LMGs:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868101&pagenumber=181&perpage=40#post490995360

MMGs:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868101&pagenumber=166&perpage=40#post490803761

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
The new ZK is amazing and is an absolute laser with the bipod. I'm having a tough time deciding on its specs though. Anyone try it with the higher fire rate yet? It's super tempting, but I feel like the lower accuracy/control may undercut its natural strengths.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Support weapons for me begin and end with the Auto 12 with slugs right now. Finally got the slugs figured out. You can still reliably OHK dudes in close from the hip, and with the headshot damage multiplier it's basically the drilling only better in every possible respect except damage drop off, and even that isn't too bad with the slugs because the Auto 12 holds five rounds to the drilling's 2x1 and it's semi auto. If you haven't tried this yet you're really doing yourself a disservice.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Julius CSAR posted:

Support weapons for me begin and end with the Auto 12 with slugs right now. Finally got the slugs figured out. You can still reliably OHK dudes in close from the hip, and with the headshot damage multiplier it's basically the drilling only better in every possible respect except damage drop off, and even that isn't too bad with the slugs because the Auto 12 holds five rounds to the drilling's 2x1 and it's semi auto. If you haven't tried this yet you're really doing yourself a disservice.

I'd be interested in subscribing to your weekly newsletter

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The Bananana posted:

I'd be interested in subscribing to your weekly newsletter

Next issue will have my thoughts on the Selbstlader 1906 and info on the monthly pancake breakfast

Also, I really need to check my notifications more often because... uh, whoa

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm sick and will be on and off all weekend on psn. same name as here

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Im this Raskolnikov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
XxXYOLO SWAGHOUNDXxX :dab:

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/a49de153-7cc2-4b50-9bd5-2d1cbe5d0d6a

https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/696a8f1e-cc0f-4e50-81ef-77884e21deef

The way my swaghound murders Tigers and PzIVs really ruins my immersion.