Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
The zitballs smug windup into once again proving how much poo poo for brains he has is always amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Would a team of 5 zaurgs be 5 times as smart as zaurg? Or 5 times as stupid?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

klafbang posted:

Would a team of 5 zaurgs be 5 times as smart as zaurg? Or 5 times as stupid?

Would you rather have 500 rat sized Zaurgs or 5 Zaurg sized rats?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Would you rather have 500 rat sized Zaurgs or 5 Zaurg sized rats?

How is this even a question, the 5 rats can't buy 3k bitcoin each

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

zaurg posted:

Thank you. I'm beating the system for the first time. Received today:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: You'll receive your $235 2019 Credit Card Reward Certificate via Email
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card <citicards@info4.citi.com>

Eat it, Citibank and Costco.

Is that before or after your $60 membership fee? Or are you an executive member at $120? I’m going to assume before, so you got $175 back.

If you honestly think $175 is greater than the impulse purchases at Costco, or things you bought but didn’t need, then sure you came out ahead.

But don’t think for a minute you are pulling one over on the system.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This is my favorite zuarg, where he gets smug and thinks he’s an SA celebrity and then in three months will do something indescribably stupid like buy an alligator and keep it in his bathtub

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Thumbtacks posted:

This is my favorite zuarg, where he gets smug and thinks he’s an SA celebrity and then in three months will do something indescribably stupid like buy an alligator and keep it in his bathtub

You'd be crazy to pay for a gator when you can walk right over to the drainage ditch in my grandma's backyard and scoop one up for free.

I hate Florida.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

n8r posted:

Fun KG update per his recent post history. Looks like he's considering buying a house because someone is gifting him some / all of the down payment. In another recent post mentions how nobody in his family has health insurance because they are young and healthy. Seems par for the course.

Honestly KGs thread was as good as Zaurgs. My favorite part is when he decided to buy a v6 Camaro...

The funniest part is you can't stop thinking about me n8r bb.

Actually I worked really hard running my own company for 2 years while working my day job, found a new better paying job, made some very good money at both, paid down a bunch of debt, got my household comfortably to a single income so my wife could raise my son and work towards a real career, and have been travelling the country for the past year on a strict but well-made budget for the past 7 months to continue debt paydown :).

But thanks for checking in how's your life going?

*swoops off into the night*

edit: also it was a v8 camaro not a v6 and I paid for it in cash but I'm sorry that doesn't gel with your worldview I'll be sure to buy a n8r approved car next time.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 17, 2019

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
nice meltdown

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

El_Elegante posted:

nice meltdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHcTsG7Mdw&t=15s

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

savesthedayrocks posted:

Is that before or after your $60 membership fee? Or are you an executive member at $120? I’m going to assume before, so you got $175 back.

If you honestly think $175 is greater than the impulse purchases at Costco, or things you bought but didn’t need, then sure you came out ahead.

But don’t think for a minute you are pulling one over on the system.

No one beats the system, I know. Well maybe a few people here and there but the system always wins and wins big, I know.

And great point about the impulse purchases at Costco.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

You'd be crazy to pay for a gator when you can walk right over to the drainage ditch in my grandma's backyard and scoop one up for free.

I hate Florida.

Let me know when you're in town. I'm sure by then you and your husband could swing by and pickup some cute baby rats. Or my gf may host a fun party for candles or makeup or tupperwear or something fun like that.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The rats are a solid investment to help secure his children’s future.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Thumbtacks posted:

Well you see, if he ends up with unlimited rat babies the food is free. See you and your cute baby Nile monitor in the herp thread!

Seriously though, rats are cute and you'd probably be out way more money if you had gotten a "free" cat or dog. Enjoy your rats. Hope they're not pregnant. Don't get a Nile monitor.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
mlm for rat clothes?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Actually I worked really hard running my own company for 2 years while working my day job, found a new better paying job, made some very good money at both, paid down a bunch of debt, got my household comfortably to a single income so my wife could raise my son and work towards a real career, and have been travelling the country for the past year on a strict but well-made budget for the past 7 months to continue debt paydown :).

That's great! I just finished reading your thread late last night and wow it was a ride.

Now can someone link me to the thread where BASIL came from?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

That's great! I just finished reading your thread late last night and wow it was a ride.

link all these trainwreck people threads I don't think I know of n8r

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Tuyop is the user, I don’t have a link.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427699

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008

zaurg posted:

Let me know when you're in town. I'm sure by then you and your husband could swing by and pickup some cute baby rats. Or my gf may host a fun party for candles or makeup or tupperwear or something fun like that.

I'll only come over if she has wonderhangers or perhaps grilled rat?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
They are finally getting along! Quite a few scuffles yesterday but they snuggled together this morning. Should I expect more scuffles/wrestling?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
hey remember my wart thread

I can do this next time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-cWXr-n5I

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

zaurg posted:

They are finally getting along! Quite a few scuffles yesterday but they snuggled together this morning. Should I expect more scuffles/wrestling?

I don't know poo poo about rats but shouldn't they have some kind of bedding?

How much will you be spending on rats next month, zaurg? How much do you plan to spend on food? How much will be spent on fixed expenses? That's the beginning of a budget. The end is not spending more than you allocate for yourself in the next month.

Let's be honest though, you only have a vague idea and will blow through any limits you try to place on yourself.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

I don't know poo poo about rats but shouldn't they have some kind of bedding?

How much will you be spending on rats next month, zaurg? How much do you plan to spend on food? How much will be spent on fixed expenses? That's the beginning of a budget. The end is not spending more than you allocate for yourself in the next month.

Let's be honest though, you only have a vague idea and will blow through any limits you try to place on yourself.

Yes, they have lots of bedding. They live in a 3-story mansion and they keep their bedding on the 1st level, but sometimes sleep on the 3rd level, I guess they like it.

My spending budget is $1111 per month.

Good questions, thanks

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The level of precision combined with the absolute generality of how it was derived is artful.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
I did the 10 year challenge on zaurg's budget:

So many lessons learned!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

He's posting in the gbs bitcoin thread again.

Zaurg, how much did you spend?

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Good questions, thanks

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

zaurg posted:

Good questions, thanks

When Neo was plugged into that machine that downloads martial art skills into your head, I truly believe Neo was also giving GRauz's immaculate dodging skills. It's be amazing if people didn't see this a million times already.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
All that means is if he spends 1000 a month he dumps 111 into bitcoins to meet his magical 1111

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

All that means is if he spends 2000 a month he dumps 550 into bitcoins to meet his magical 1111

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Thumbtacks posted:

All that means is if he spends 1000 a month he dumps 111 into bitcoins to meet his magical 1111 whatever he was going to spend anyways and then checks to see if he made his "budget"

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

zaurg posted:

Good questions, thanks

zaurg posted:

Good questions, thanks

A rare Vince Clortho moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skxhii6VFdo

E: I don't remember Annie Potts being so attractive. She kinda looks like my wife.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 21, 2019

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
She has aged very well too. Like a fine wine and this thread.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

zaurg posted:

She has aged very well too. Like a fine wine and this thread.

Might be one of the truest things you have said. This thread is pretty much exactly the same as it was 10 years ago.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Zaurg you are the Arbor Mist of fine wine

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Murderball posted:

Zaurg you are the Arbor Mist of fine wine

Please. More like Boone's Farm.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

nashona posted:

Please. More like Boone's Farm.

Mickey's Ice

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

he also posted in a serious finance thread which should be a loving insta ban

zaurg posted:

Good luck on the cc debt attack

I say, throw everything you have to knock out the cc debt asap. Don't waste money on balance transfer fees and cc interest. Hope your job is secure and slowly re-build emergency fund. If you lose the job, do the credit card debt thing all over again if needed (basically use credit cards as your emergency fund).

That's my 2cents, so you know, probably do the opposite and you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
One of those Smirnoff Ice things.

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

he also posted in a serious finance thread which should be a loving insta ban

Seconding that it should at least be a probation.