Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1085292344407015424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

:drat:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Going into VATS is about the most dangerous thing I can do in survival mode. It has crashed the game almost as many times as anything else has killed me.

I think I forgot to sleep, too. :(

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How come ropekid doesn't post anymore? Did goons make it too weird for him?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Chickenwalker posted:

How come ropekid doesn't post anymore? Did goons make it too weird for him?

He still post here, just not in this thread.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember who in this thread recommended bringing Nick along to Far Harbor, but thanks. He's certainly making things more interesting :)

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

NofrikinfuN posted:

Going into VATS is about the most dangerous thing I can do in survival mode. It has crashed the game almost as many times as anything else has killed me.

I think I forgot to sleep, too. :(

Nexus Mods posted:

VATS Freeze Fix

Fixes the VATS freezing bug that occurs in survival mode.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27674/

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Thanks. I can't believe this very specific thing has a mod. :shobon:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/1pB3jkcq5unlYTB3TTURrZ/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-17-2019

bethesda posted:

Changes to the Two-Shot Legendary Mod:
The Two-Shot Legendary Mod will be undergoing a few balance changes in this next patch. We know that there has been some frustration over how powerful this mod is, especially when it comes to being the victim of it. With Patch 5, the damage bonus for Two Shot legendary modded weapons has been reduced to +25% damage, and the Two Shot legendary mod can no longer be looted in the world.

Bethesda is finally doing something about balance, by completely getting rid of the two shot legendary effects and by reducing its effect on already existing weapons by what, 75%?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

i flunked out posted:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/1pB3jkcq5unlYTB3TTURrZ/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-17-2019

Bethesda is finally doing something about balance, by completely getting rid of the two shot legendary effects and by reducing its effect on already existing weapons by what, 75%?

Doesn't this just make them all "Mighty"? Or is that modifier not in FO76?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

ebay listings for fallout 76 two shot items

pipBay

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

i flunked out posted:

I thought the bigger issue lay with the explosive mod?

Also I guess that talk about looking at Vendor schematic loadouts is shelved in favor of the bafflingly implemented PvP mode.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

i flunked out posted:

If I’m understanding, it’s more like a 60% drop because the damage reduction is only to the “second bullet.”

So those who have one will have a weapon that does 25% more damage than anything else that can be found in the game from patch 5 on?

Is there any reason not to go full melee other than having some backup plan for sb/queen? We going back to the fo4 days of getting a crippling weapon and bullet spam?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

Are you ESL? I'm having a hard time with this sentence here.

I don't know the term, what is it supposed to mean?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i flunked out posted:

Why are they balancing for PvP in a game where there practically is none?

Hav posted:

I don't know the term, what is it supposed to mean?

English as a second language.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
English as a second language

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

English as a second language.

Ah. No.

How about you? I feel that we're really getting to know each other.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

If I’m understanding, it’s more like a 60% drop because the damage reduction is only to the “second bullet.”

So those who have one will have a weapon that does 25% more damage than anything else that can be found in the game from patch 5 on?

Is there any reason not to go full melee other than having some backup plan for sb/queen? We going back to the fo4 days of getting a crippling weapon and bullet spam?

tbh you should probably even go melee for SBQ too. Most people only do damage to the queen when she's on the ground.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

I thought the bigger issue lay with the explosive mod?

Also I guess that talk about looking at Vendor schematic loadouts is shelved in favor of the bafflingly implemented PvP mode.

Yeah, to be honest, it does seem the bigger issue is with Explosive and generally, TSE weapons. An easy fix would just be put Two Shot and Explosive into the same category of Legendary effect, that way they wont show up together on the same weapons.
But you see, Bethesda already fixed the problem with the explosive legendary effect! With a new perk! That you either have to sacrifice another perk for, or you have to switch in and out every time you start a fight, lol.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lol Bethesda is already backpedaling on the two shot legendary effect no longer appearing, and nothing being done about the explosive legendary effect:

Bethesda posted:

(UPDATED) Changes to the Two-Shot and Explosive Legendary Mods:
The Two-Shot and Explosive Legendary Mods will be undergoing a few balance changes in this next patch. We know that there has been some frustration over how powerful these mods are, particularly when combined and used in player vs. player combat. With Patch 5, the damage bonus for Two Shot Legendary modded weapons has been reduced from +100% to +25% damage and the Two Shot legendary mod can no longer be looted in the world. The Explosive Legendary mod has a reduced damage bonus, now adding +20% of the base weapon damage with explosive radius damage instead of +100%. Note: This was a misunderstanding in what was being addressed with these mods. They will still be available in the world but are just undergoing some balance changes. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the changes.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

These are healthy changes.

Anyway this talk about systems and subsystems have awake my desire to have a crafting/enchanting system like morrowind in Fallout 76 or one of the future games.

RNG getting god-tier weapons is such a lovely mechanic for a AA game. If a game is going to have god tier weapons, have the player create them and not by luck.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

i flunked out posted:

Lol Bethesda is already backpedaling on the two shot legendary effect no longer appearing, and nothing being done about the explosive legendary effect:
Pipboy loving wept. These people have no idea what they're doing and should just refund the game before we all die from second-hand shame.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Oh boy, more updates because there's apparently a lot of damage control to do!

quote:

(UPDATE): We’ve received questions about our new mode and want to clarify that this mode will be playable separately – it will be a new option accessed from the Main Menu. This mode will be designed for fans that want a more hardcore PvP experience. The rules of PvP as they currently are in the game are not changing outside of the new mode.

Great news, gang! Griefing is still going to be a thing we want in our $60 Triple-A experience.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Father Wendigo posted:

Oh boy, more updates because there's apparently a lot of damage control to do!

Great news, gang! Griefing is still going to be a thing we want in our $60 Triple-A experience.

:ironicat:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Tei posted:

These are healthy changes.

Anyway this talk about systems and subsystems have awake my desire to have a crafting/enchanting system like morrowind in Fallout 76 or one of the future games.

RNG getting god-tier weapons is such a lovely mechanic for a AA game. If a game is going to have god tier weapons, have the player create them and not by luck.

The skinner box aspect of having to swat zombies over and over again until one poops a magic gun probably keeps more people engaged longer than being able to just save up your money/resources and make the gear you want

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fallom posted:

Why are they balancing for PvP in a game where there practically is none?

Because studios still somehow believe that world pvp is a thing people want and worth loving up the pve experience for, despite like 20 years of evidence to the contrary.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

rickiep00h posted:

Because studios still somehow believe that world pvp is a thing people want and worth loving up the pve experience for, despite like 20 years of evidence to the contrary.

my dude have u even played dark soles

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Ya know, they could have just made the legendary effects entirely null against players or have severely reduced effect vs players instead just taking the heavy handed newbie designer approach... le sigh.

Edit: Expecting to have all "bullets" replaced with plush teddy bears that give hugs and give positive, uplifting messages about loving your fellow man... because guns are bad m'kay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bro the entire settlement building system is a rip from a FNV / Skyrim mod down to the UI

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Slayerjerman posted:

Ya know, they could have just made the legendary effects entirely null against players or have severely reduced effect vs players instead just taking the heavy handed newbie designer approach... le sigh.

Edit: Expecting to have all "bullets" replaced with plush teddy bears that give hugs and give positive, uplifting messages about loving your fellow man... because guns are bad m'kay

You got some high expectations for Bethesda

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I've been enjoying the shiting on 76 like everyone else here but I'm a big idiot and need some help in fallout 4. Whenever I change the ini files to increase my fov it doesn't save it in game. My 3rd person fov is changed but the 1st person is like looking through a tube. Would anyone happen to know the fix or is there anything I can do?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lock the file to read only in the file properties (right click/properties)

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

sneakyfrog posted:

lock the file to read only in the file properties (right click/properties)

Thank you, I'm a loving idiot when it comes to computer stuff.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i flunked out posted:

i flunked out posted:

This game has absolutely no vision.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just make pve only and pvp always on servers. For theblove of god how is this hard

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

i flunked out posted:

Someone help me balance this, my game is dying

Mr Hootington posted:

Just make pve only and pvp always on servers. For theblove of god how is this hard

no.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
What in the world is the point of reducing TSE shotgun damage like that? With perks it does 2500+ damage, who cares if you reduce that by 75%? Player HP is like, 325 with maxed endurance, it's not just that TSE shotguns do a little bit too much damage and they need to be scaled down a bit, they just damage on a scale way outside what is reasonable for the game.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Lost in the back-peddling of today's TW@B was a request to go on the company forums and participate in feedback.

quote:

Hi everyone,

We would like to try something new and start creating threads on defined topics to help the dev team obtain your awesome feedback. Please keep the thread on topic and constructive so that we can get this information back to the team most efficiently. We will look to lock this thread by the end of next week, around January 25.

Here are some of the questions the studio would love to hear back from you on:

Which events do you feel are most rewarding to you?
Which events do you not care about doing or dislike? Why?
Which events do you prefer to play in a team vs. solo? Why?
What types of events would you like to see in the game?
How do you join events? Do you fast travel? Do you go to a location expecting to start an event?
How would you feel about bonuses for completing a daily or weekly event?
Thank you!
Most people are reading that last one as a buff like most food and chems provide. It's going over about as well as you can expect. In conclusion:

Rinkles posted:

This game has absolutely no vision.

Also,

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What in the world is the point of reducing TSE shotgun damage like that? With perks it does 2500+ damage, who cares if you reduce that by 75%? Player HP is like, 325 with maxed endurance, it's not just that TSE shotguns do a little bit too much damage and they need to be scaled down a bit, they just damage on a scale way outside what is reasonable for the game.

Did they actually FIX Two-Shot on shotguns? In Fallout 4 it only added a single pellet to each shot and increased the spread by 60%, making them mostly worthless.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

LingcodKilla posted:

That freefall mod has some pretty decent stuff in it. Already found some of the new lore so that’s nice.

Did notice a lot of food not giving you rads when you were hungry. I thought he mentioned he was trying to keep it as vanilla as possible so I dunno.

One quality of life thing I noticed is bloat fly bodies stay together in a bigger chunk so it’s easier to loot.

I appreciate that.

Is there a version of FreeFall for PC, or is that just the unofficial patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Father Wendigo posted:

Did they actually FIX Two-Shot on shotguns? In Fallout 4 it only added a single pellet to each shot and increased the spread by 60%, making them mostly worthless.

Nope, still only one extra pellets and still makes it wildly inaccurate but each pellet individually explodes and does the full damage of the gun