Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Pan Am was a decent one season wonder. It starred Margot Robbie and it was like a mix of Mad Men 60s nostalgia and international espionage.

Pam Am and the one about the Playboy Clubs were trying so desperately to be the next Mad Men you could almost taste it. I'm sure they had some grand ideas but they kept forcing stupid plots for the sake of drama and didn't get why Mad Men was a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Am I the only one that's watched Tales From the Tour Bus on Cinemax? Both seasons have been some of the funniest poo poo I've seen in a long time. Informative too :eng101:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Reign Of Pain posted:

Am I the only one that's watched Tales From the Tour Bus on Cinemax? Both seasons have been some of the funniest poo poo I've seen in a long time. Informative too :eng101:

That’s the Mike Judge thing, yeah? I heard good things and should watch it, shame it’s not really about bands I care that much about from the episode listings I’ve seen, but the bands I care about are probably boring as poo poo so maybe that’s a good thing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, I just remembered that I watched the entire first season of Channel Zero. It had completely left my memory.

No big loss, I guess.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

EL BROMANCE posted:

That’s the Mike Judge thing, yeah? I heard good things and should watch it, shame it’s not really about bands I care that much about from the episode listings I’ve seen, but the bands I care about are probably boring as poo poo so maybe that’s a good thing.

That's what I thought when I watched the 1st season. I don't really like country music but the very 1st episode about the guy that wrote "You can take this job and shove it" had me hooked. He was off his loving rocker.

The 2nd season is about funk music and talks about George Clinton which I have been able to see play so :perfect:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

EL BROMANCE posted:

I tried it bored in S1 and that's when I realized oh. Country stars of the classic era had some buckwild lives. I've been on board ever since. I'm real curious what they do with a potential S3 after the swing to funk in 2.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

the expanse is a pretty cool show

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Late to the party but I just finished up watching AMC's The Terror and dang, what a good show. Excited that they're doing a season 2 based on different spooky stuff.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Happy season 2 looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpyEU4Q_IrA

Can't wait for easter.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Magicians is back in a week.

Paging Rhyno

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rewatching LOST in 2019 is an interesting/jarring experience. Lots of racial stereotypes in the Pilot (p.1+2).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

drunkill posted:

Happy season 2 looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpyEU4Q_IrA

Can't wait for easter.

:stoked: for this new crazy season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wayne is loving awesome.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

The woman's name is Micky but I don't recall her having a nickname or anything like that. The kids and everyone else called her Micky.

I want to say Jimmy called her "Mick" sometimes, but yeah it was a bad title for a terrific show.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

I want to say Jimmy called her "Mick" sometimes, but yeah it was a bad title for a terrific show.

My roommate always called it "The Mitch" for some reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

The Magicians is back in a week.

Paging Rhyno

I'm so goddamned loving ready for this poo poo.

Imagine that was in Margo's voice because she is the queen of cussing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I guess I'm an outlier because although i was very mad about Ted being cancelled i both thought The Mick was an okay name and didn't really care about The Mick.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh me? just over here still stewing about famously poorly named show The Grinder being cancelled

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I feel like Better Off Ted was already running out of ideas for episodes by the time it was canceled tbh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember when The Grinder had a joke so bad and unfunny it made me stop watching the show and then everyone started using that as like the go-to joke to reference the series and acting like it was hilarious

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bring back old gbs posted:

oh me? just over here still stewing about famously poorly named show The Grinder being cancelled

Yeah, that was a good one too

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My racist grandfather on my dad's side once called my mom a "spud digging mick and a protestant whore" when my dad told him she was pregnant with me. Well that's my Mick story I hope you enjoyed it.

Better Off Ted was awesome and could have ran like 5 or 6 seasons before getting old.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Potatoes are awesome, dunking on the irish for that really doesn't make sense with the amount of potatoes we shove into our gaping american maws.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IRQ posted:

Potatoes are awesome, dunking on the irish for that really doesn't make sense with the amount of potatoes we shove into our gaping american maws.

Cotton is a great fabric material but I don't think a black person would take it kindly if you referenced their racial heritage re: the harvesting of such.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yosemite Sam did nothing wrong.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I remember when The Grinder had a joke so bad and unfunny it made me stop watching the show and then everyone started using that as like the go-to joke to reference the series and acting like it was hilarious

What was the joke???

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s that whole “......but what if it DIDN’T???” thing. Like Fred Savage would say something was impossible and Rob Lowe would go “yes.....but what if it WASN’T?”

It’s not like even a joke yet I see that poo poo whenever the show is brought up (admittedly that’s only really on here and Sepinwall’s twitter)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm imagining it now and laughing, good stuff

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s that whole “......but what if it DIDN’T???” thing. Like Fred Savage would say something was impossible and Rob Lowe would go “yes.....but what if it WASN’T?”

It’s not like even a joke yet I see that poo poo whenever the show is brought up (admittedly that’s only really on here and Sepinwall’s twitter)

The burden of being the world's sole arbiter of humor must weigh, I'll keep you in my prayers.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Escobarbarian posted:

lmao that,was the entire point. He played an ex TV star and it was his schlocky gimmick thing that his character would say, only it was written that he would have some genius law-guy alternative explanation of the events. He was so smug about himself he kept saying it in the real world as if it had gravitas. It didnt.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

McSpanky posted:

Cotton is a great fabric material but I don't think a black person would take it kindly if you referenced their racial heritage re: the harvesting of such.

Well you sure went in an extreme direction with that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao that,was the entire point. He played an ex TV star and it was his schlocky gimmick thing that his character would say, only it was written that he would have some genius law-guy alternative explanation of the events. He was so smug about himself he kept saying it in the real world as if it had gravitas. It didnt.

I don’t remember it being explained as his specific show catchphrase but either way it’s definitely not funny enough to be joke associated with a season’s worth of TV

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Checked out Corporate after someone mentioned it off-hand and now I am in love and as always confused at how I completely missed this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Grinder owned, rip

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

The Grinder owned, rip

The Grinder rests in peace.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Checked out Corporate after someone mentioned it off-hand and now I am in love and as always confused at how I completely missed this.

Oh poo poo, thanks for reminding me that came back. Season 1 was a very nice surprise

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

MiddleOne posted:

I felt this way about Detroiters last year and now I'm sad that it's relegated to the roster of hilarious shows cancelled too early.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MiddleOne posted:

I was completely on board after the rear end in a top hat boss asked one of them "and why did you make that mistake?" because man that's loving familiar.

I didn't know season 2 had come out, cool.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Escobarbarian posted:

everyone knows custer died at little bighorn, what this book presupposes is... maybe he didnt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like everything, it's down to timing and delivery.