Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm having some real trouble working up the give a gently caress to fight a boss that doesn't care about being hit for 40k per character turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

XavierGenisi posted:

Bismark hits hard enough that you still want some good defenses to deal with all his AoE nonsense. Especially Savage Breach Blast. That thing is gnarly as all hell. What's your team composition anyways?

I got
Quina with Wrath/Entrust his USB and Dr. Mog's

Yshtola fully dived with Armor Breakdown/Curada her BSB and Thuder God's Might

Lightning fully dived with 2 copies of Thundering Quadstrike her BSB2/Arcane and her LM3 lightning boost

Arenea with Cyclone Bolt/Lightning Dive her BSB/OSB and Tyro's LM3 weakness boost

Prompto with Full Break/Tempest Snipe his USB and Mako Might

Magicite I got Enki and then Ymir, Bismark and some filler with Sahagin and Bottomswell.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Electric Phantasm posted:

I got

Yshtola fully dived with Armor Breakdown/Curada her BSB and Thuder God's Might

Lightning fully dived with 2 copies of Thundering Quadstrike her BSB2/Arcane and her LM3 lightning boost

Arenea with Cyclone Bolt/Lightning Dive her BSB/OSB and Tyro's LM3 weakness boost

Prompto with Full Break/Tempest Snipe his USB and Mako Might

Magicite I got Enki and then Ymir, Bismark and some filler with Sahagin and Bottomswell.
Breaks are at 20% effectiveness for 3* and 4* magicite fights so they're not worth using. Y'shtola can use Wrath and Prompto can use Spark Offering in those slots instead if you have the orbs to spare

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

I got

what the gently caress?!

Bismarck is probably the hardest of the first 6 of the 3 star magicites. Do you have any other healer usbs available? Magicites were where yshtola really started to lose her luster in my case.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

saltylopez posted:

what the gently caress?!

Bismarck is probably the hardest of the first 6 of the 3 star magicites. Do you have any other healer usbs available? Magicites were where yshtola really started to lose her luster in my case.

I had no idea, apologies. What do I use in this case?

But yeah I have Elarra and her USB1, but I've been using Yshtola because she's the only healer I have fully dived so I've been using her for the dualcast.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

:iiam:

No apologies necessary though i was just kidding.

You should swap to Elarra immediately. Even without her 5 star dive the speed that her USB gives could very likely push you into sub-30 clears. The regenga attached is also scary good.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Their. Quina is a they, or if you insist on using late 90s terms, his/her, as used in the game.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

Their. Quina is a they, or if you insist on using late 90s terms, his/her, as used in the game.
Quina reminds me of nothing so much as the Adjudicator Demon from Demon's Souls, but played for levity rather than being gruesome.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

saltylopez posted:

:iiam:

No apologies necessary though i was just kidding.

You should swap to Elarra immediately. Even without her 5 star dive the speed that her USB gives could very likely push you into sub-30 clears. The regenga attached is also scary good.

All good all good I'm just trying to get better about that.

So what else should give Elarra since she doesn't have access to wrath?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

re: magicite healer talk, I had a dived BSB Y'shtola solo heal most of the 3*s without too much of a problem, though life was way easier on many of them (especially Bismarck) with a second healer until I had some appropriate magicite. I actually started on the whale, too, as Lightning USB did pretty good work on him and I don't think I had too many other obvious entry points at the time.

But yeah if you have Elarra USB1 dive her ASAP and never look back, I'm pretty sure even in current day JP FFRK she's still in the top 3 and the differences between her and the other tops are not large (i.e., 'Rosa has Wrath access, plus the exact same USB, but can't bard or dance'). She should have very few problems healing any of the 3* magicites, and like saltylopez said the speed boost is nontrivial for killing bosses faster, which makes the healing burden way lower as you spend less time in their horrible sub-40% phases.

edit: What Elarra gets in her second slot is pretty dependent on your team and the fight. Obviously if you're not getting haste/protect/shell elsewhere she can take those. If the fight isn't heavily break resistant, you can take Enfeebling Jitterbug for a good mitigation bump. If you're running mages, she can run AcM. If you need an ATK or MAG buff, she can run the appropriate song.

Managed to drop Super Siegfried, basically just used my Ixion team (Ingus/Bartz/Kelger/Ramza/Elarra - CSB, BSB2/dived, USB1, ASB/dived, USB/dived, BSB2, SSB2/dived, USB1; decent but not optimized mostly 4* magicite deck). Was pretty close though, Elarra died near the end but he was sub-50k so a bubble from Ramza and regenga was enough to limp over the finish line even with the chain having fallen off. I'm done with Isgebind but the accessory will come in handy at some point, probably, which is why I did the drat thing.

Odin/Garland/Gilgamesh can go to hell though, I'm not doing super annoying fights for crystals I don't really need all that bad.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 16, 2019

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

All good all good I'm just trying to get better about that.

So what else should give Elarra since she doesn't have access to wrath?

I usually run her with a dance or a 5 star bard song. In your case the 5 star stacking +atk song would be good since dances are pretty limited in magicites.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thanks for the advice all. :)

Ayndin posted:

Odin/Garland/Gilgamesh can go to hell though, I'm not doing super annoying fights for crystals I don't really need all that bad.

Nothing made me more mad in this game than the breaksight going away like right before Lightning could get her AOSB off. gently caress Type-0 Gilgamesh between him and Super Soldier Alkeid in the realm dungeons Type-0 is on thin ice. :mad:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’m on fire with the DD! General Leo LMR and a breakless FF12 5* relic :toot:

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Nothing made me more mad in this game than the breaksight going away like right before Lightning could get her AOSB off. gently caress Type-0 Gilgamesh between him and Super Soldier Alkeid in the realm dungeons Type-0 is on thin ice. :mad:

Yeah, annoying timing mechanics can go screw themselves. That means you, Bahamut Fury. What's Alkeid's gimmick again? I'm ridiculously behind on realm crap, I think I have like 50 elites to do because I'm super lazy.

I could probably beat the other warrior fights - Odin would be iffy, my magic wind and ice are pretty shoddy - but it's not worth the hassle for farmable stuff, just like how the Transcendent fights can go directly to hell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alkeid is just immune to every basic element and just attacking him isn't enough to kill him fast enough before he starts destroying your party.

I feel like he's a troll for people that just enter realm dungeons without reading anything and just let auto battle handle the rest, So me. And did I have a rude awakening when I realized people were dying, switched over and saw "IMMUNE" pop up for every attack. Good thing there were six rounds of gauge building so SBs could take care of him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like he's a troll for people that just enter realm dungeons without reading anything and just let auto battle handle the rest, So me.

I think you're right. I just beat him last night, and I read his info first, so I was able to take him out with only 1 death on my team.

I always read them, because I want to know what element they're weak against, and I HATE the ones that don't show that info. I also like to know what ones need Ranged attacks in order to do any damage to them. And then there's Hyne, who has a gimmick I hate, so I've not touched him, even though I want that Stamina Shard.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone remember which page everyone was talking about CT Anima? Not sure how to approach it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Anyone remember which page everyone was talking about CT Anima? Not sure how to approach it.

idk but the best way if you can swing it is to bring a team of summoners, or as many as you can fit into a magic team at least, the arms dont have too much health but they respawn fast enough that having to switch targets to them each time would be too slow. Summons also bypass the counterattack gimmick. 2 summoners and 2 people to focus on the body would probably be ideal, assuming your buffers can contribute damage. Might even be able to bring a summon on a magic-geared healer, the fight really doesn't need healing if you kill the arms quick enough.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

At the start Anima won't do anything, and its arms will periodically spam an alternating sequence of AoE and single-target attacks. Once it takes damage, Anima switches phases and will periodically order its arms to throw some auto-hit gravity AoE at you for 35% max HP each. Also at that point the arms will stop their regular attacks and will only move on orders from Anima. Anima itself counters everything with a weak physical AoE so long as the arms are around. And if both arms are destroyed, after about three seconds Anima will revive them and go back to issuing orders.

As for how to approach it? Well, the sequence of Anima's ATB fills -> Anima issues Magical Projection -> one or both arms cast Apocalypse Resonant Magic is actually slower than its ability to revive the arms. So you can just kill one arm and then go to town on Anima so long as your AoE healing game is decent. It's neutral to all elements, so if nothing else bring imperil to speed the fight along.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Ye ye ye ye! Only one more 4* Magicite to go. Hades, we coming for ya!

E: different topic - do any of the core classes have decent or usable RMs that would be worth levelling them for? I level up characters alongside my Magicite and I'm almost out of real characters with SBs to level up.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 17, 2019

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

DeadButDelicious posted:

Ye ye ye ye! Only one more 4* Magicite to go. Hades, we coming for ya!

E: different topic - do any of the core classes have decent or usable RMs that would be worth levelling them for? I level up characters alongside my Magicite and I'm almost out of real characters with SBs to level up.

Nice, I'll be trying her probably this week with a fairly similar team (Vayne for Riku, Ramza w/ BSB2 instead of OK). Did you use Heavy skills on Garland, or DW? The self-heals sound like they'd be nice but Heavy would be more damage/better at chain building.

Also yes, at least a few of the cores are worth leveling for RMs. Warrior has a Truthseeker clone, for example.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Ayndin posted:

Nice, I'll be trying her probably this week with a fairly similar team (Vayne for Riku, Ramza w/ BSB2 instead of OK). Did you use Heavy skills on Garland, or DW? The self-heals sound like they'd be nice but Heavy would be more damage/better at chain building.

Also yes, at least a few of the cores are worth leveling for RMs. Warrior has a Truthseeker clone, for example.

I used heavy skills for Garland, and both TGCid and Riku are using a R3 dread weapon and R3 sanguine cross, just rotating between the two depending on whether they are hurt or not. OK is pulling double heal duty with Elarra. The dread weapon heals were great though, frequently healing for 7999 off of a 4x9999 strike.

Will take a look at the cores and level a few in that case. Cheers!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Not too many new relics in the latest V event, just enough to make quota, but Lenna does get the first healer Awakening! That, her 6* Glint, Krile's Realm Chain and Haste+IC1 LMR, and Galuf's Arcane Overstrike are the new relics in this event.

Banner 1 posted:

Lenna's Tycoon Staff [AASB, +10 MND] - h105 heal, 100% Raise, Last Stand, Dual Blink 1 & Haste to party, Instant Cast, Devotion Awakening Mode to user
Devotion Awakening Mode: Unlimited White Magic Hones, High Quick White Magic & Healing Pulse
Healing Pulse: After using R1~5 White Magic abilities, grants h??~?? heal to party

Krile's Reginleif [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates V Limit Chain (150) & 50% V Field, ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party

Galuf's Guise [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Earth Overflow physical attacks
Krile's Beastmaster's Guise [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 20 single-target Fire summon magic attacks & single-target Fire Overflow summon magic attack

Lenna's Holy Rod [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Regenga, minor Bar-Water & minor Bar-Ice to party, Instant Cast, Quick Cast to user
Galuf's Godhand [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Imperil Earth, ATK & RES +30%, Quick Cast 1 & Heart and Soul to user
Heart and Soul: Quick Cast 1 after using Earth attacks

Krile's Queen's Whip [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire magic attacks, En-Fire, Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Black Magic abilities
Level 0: Single-target Fire magic attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Fire Overflow magic attack

Lenna's Recovery Rod [Glint+, +10 MND] - Protect, Shell & Haste to party, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost
Galuf's Yakei [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Earth & En-Earth Stack to user
Krile's Dragon Whisker [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Fire, En-Fire Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Krile's Carmagnole [LMR, +10 MAG] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Lenna's Laurel Crown [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party
Galuf's Tiger Mask [LMR, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Galuf's Lambent Hat [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Bartz's Freelancer Bartz's Guise [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/NE physical attacks, Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Damage +30%, Spellblade Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Master Barrage to user
Spellblade Awakening Mode: Unlimited Spellblade Hones, Spellblade Ability Boost & Dualcast Spellblade
Master Barrage: After using 2 Fire, Water, Wind or Earth abilities, chases with 8 single-target Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/NE physical attacks

Gilgamesh's Guise [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Fire Limit Chain (150) & 50% Fire Field, ATK +50% to party

Gilgamesh's Zanmato [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Fire physical attacks & single-target Fire Overflow physical attack
Exdeath's Deathbringer [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark/Holy Overflow magic attacks

Bartz's Hammerhead [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind & EX "Essence of Wind" to user
EX "Essence of Wind": After using Wind abilities, grants High Quick Physical 1 to front-row members & chases with [1>5>15>1>...] single-target Wind/NE physical attacks
Gilgamesh's Helm [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire physical attacks, 75% Fire Radiant Shield to party, High Quick Cast 2 & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Fire abilities
Level 0: Single-target Fire physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Fire Overflow physical attack

Exdeath's Root of Evil [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/Holy magic attacks, MAG/MND/RES +30%, Holy & Dark Damage +30% and Delta Magic to user
Delta Magic: After using Darkness or White magic abilities, chases with [4 single-target Dark/Holy/NE magic attacks] > [6 single-target Dark/Holy/NE magic attacks + 10% HP Drain] > [Single-target Dark/Holy/NE Overflow magic attack + 10% HP Drain]
Gogo (V)'s Empyrean Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - Last Stand & Haste to party, Instant Cast, En-Water & Dual Mimic to user

Exdeath's Doom Mace [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Dark, En-Dark Stack, Last Stand & Quick Magic 1 to user, Instant Cast
Gilgamesh's Interdimensional Masamune [Glint, +10 ATK] - 30% Stoneskin & RES +100% to party, Instant Cast
Bartz's Golden Shield+ [LMR, +10 ATK] - Spellblade Damage +25% with Sword equipped
Exdeath's Visage [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Gogo (V)'s Power Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - Water Damage +25% with Rod equipped
Gilgamesh's Assassin Dagger [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Congrats to Lenna for finally becoming a feasible healer.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Wow. That's pretty much everything you could ask for out of a healing SB.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Congrats to Lenna for finally becoming a feasible healer.

I'm surprised her ASB is instant cast tbh.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Congrats to Lenna for making reviving someone pretty drat good with giving Haste and Last Stand and an omniblink off the bat to any res'd folks. Also reviving them for all of their HP and not just some also helps.

Still waiting on a superpowered Reraise though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Worth noting that it's something she can do once per fight only.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Superpowered Reraise would just be a single target, castable Last Stand.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Hey everyone, just getting started and in the OP it was suggested that if there were any good banners to pull on it would be mentioned in the thread. Reading back for the last week or so I didn't notice anyone saying anything particular about it. As a brand new player is there anything going on right now that I should be pulling on? I have about 100 Mithril from dungeons and the few event dungeons I could complete.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Superpowered Reraise would just be a single target, castable Last Stand.

I could definitely see them adding this as a 6* WHM ability.

Wyrmthang posted:

Hey everyone, just getting started and in the OP it was suggested that if there were any good banners to pull on it would be mentioned in the thread. Reading back for the last week or so I didn't notice anyone saying anything particular about it. As a brand new player is there anything going on right now that I should be pulling on? I have about 100 Mithril from dungeons and the few event dungeons I could complete.

You really want to pull on the realm relic draws. The first pull on each one is only 15 mythril for a total of 255, and is 100% worth it for a new player. Then I'd suggest saving for the next festival, which will be in about two months, and it will offer an insane leap in power (awakening SBs). Also around that time the realm draw will be refreshed and you'll be able to do them for 15 mythril again.

Depending on how grindy you want to get over the next two months, you could have well over a thousand mythril stocked up by then from realm dungeons. I'm honestly a little jealous.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 17, 2019

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fister Roboto posted:

I could definitely see them adding this as a 6* WHM ability.

Only if they also add Proshellga. Given the choice I'd take that over LS any day.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I can't believe this day has come again, but I've run into the 4* vitality mote bottleneck. I guess I've been too liberal with 4* dives recently. But it's crazy how uneven the vitality distribution is in this game. Almost every decent physical character in the game uses them.

There isn't a revamp to the lovely mote dungeons right? I suppose I may just have to slowly build up my reserves again.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
[/quote]
You really want to pull on the realm relic draws. The first pull on each one is only 15 mythril for a total of 255, and is 100% worth it for a new player. Then I'd suggest saving for the next festival, which will be in about two months, and it will offer an insane leap in power (awakening SBs). Also around that time the realm draw will be refreshed and you'll be able to do them for 15 mythril again.

Depending on how grindy you want to get over the next two months, you could have well over a thousand mythril stocked up by then from realm dungeons. I'm honestly a little jealous.
[/quote]

Awesome, so many banners I had no idea what to pull on or if I should at all. I'll look for those Realm banners for 15 Mithril and then save save save for the festival.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Wyrmthang posted:

Awesome, so many banners I had no idea what to pull on or if I should at all. I'll look for those Realm banners for 15 Mithril and then save save save for the festival.

We're basically starting month 7 of a 9 month drought where there's nothing really exciting to draw for, so the best thing you can do is just maximize the value of the draws that you do by only doing the budget draws. Make sure you're doing the daily draw too since they improved the rates there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

iamsosmrt posted:

I can't believe this day has come again, but I've run into the 4* vitality mote bottleneck. I guess I've been too liberal with 4* dives recently. But it's crazy how uneven the vitality distribution is in this game. Almost every decent physical character in the game uses them.

There isn't a revamp to the lovely mote dungeons right? I suppose I may just have to slowly build up my reserves again.

Yeah it's real dumb that I have over 100 4 and 5* Bravery and Spirit motes, but everyone wants Vitality and Wisdom motes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

saltylopez posted:

We're basically starting month 7 of a 9 month drought where there's nothing really exciting to draw for, so the best thing you can do is just maximize the value of the draws that you do by only doing the budget draws. Make sure you're doing the daily draw too since they improved the rates there.

It's only two months until awakenings.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

It's only two months until awakenings.

Ok i guess we're ending month 7 of 9.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh I misread your post, thought you were saying we were starting a 7 or 9 month drought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh I misread your post, thought you were saying we were starting a 7 or 9 month drought.

Ah ok. IMO, Elarra's USB back in July was the last relic worth chasing.