Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like Pat's tangents once per subject. He dives deep into poo poo he cares for and his rambles are coherent, yet crazed, enough. But if it's a subject I don't particularly care for, or it's something he's spoken about recently [like a year] that hasn't drastically changed, then it's impossible to sit through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

See I am the other way around, I actually like hearing Pat nerd out about stuff because his perspective is always very different from mine and I like hearing different opinions

The way Pat speaks so loudly, aggressively and passionately about the dumbest poo poo and Woolie building or feeding off the energy into these abstract dystopias is easily my favorite thing about the entire enterprise. Their "Wrestlecube" convo (which I can't seem to find at the moment) was one of my favorite examples of this ever. In fact, I bet most of the podcast clips they posted were this sort of thing. I don't even watch professional wrestling but I never ever get tired of hearing them talk about it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think my all time favorite podcast tangent was when woolie, matt, and plague created an anime around twitch robot fights

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The best podcast segment was animal blood magic

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

See I am the other way around, I actually like hearing Pat nerd out about stuff because his perspective is always very different from mine and I like hearing different opinions

I can see that, yeah. I guess I just don't have any opinions on things like RE2 zombie mechanics and whatnot. They also don't really play any of the stuff I'm into, so that's part of the issue as well. If I were big into the games he plays, it'd probably be different.

Yeah, I like the dumb tangents best.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

World of Light doing more numbers on Kirby Lore was fantastic.

Especially the interview with Sakurai afterwards. So you're telling me that Kirby isn't actually going into warp drive when the Warp Star snaps and he poofs but he's actually warping out existence everytime that happens? :psyduck:

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Scrap Dragon posted:

The best podcast segment was animal blood magic

bitch nigga ghosts

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phantasium posted:

I mean hearing him analyze stuff can be fun, but man he wasn't wrong to try and tone down the stuff about Monster Hunter, FFXIV, and Warframe because I just do not even give a single gently caress (and I like Monster Hunter).
Their persona discussion on the last cast was outstanding and one of my favorite game discussions in a recent podcast of any group, the soft of thing I prefer them over giant bomb for because they actually remember poo poo about game details and can discuss them like that

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Roth posted:

The only one I've soured on is Pat. The rest still do good stuff, but to me Pat has always just been the unpleasant one that's occasionally funny.

:same:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Getting angry about any of the best friends seems dumb since if you dont like it dont watch it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

beep by grandpa posted:

The way Pat speaks so loudly, aggressively and passionately about the dumbest poo poo and Woolie building or feeding off the energy into these abstract dystopias is easily my favorite thing about the entire enterprise. Their "Wrestlecube" convo (which I can't seem to find at the moment) was one of my favorite examples of this ever. In fact, I bet most of the podcast clips they posted were this sort of thing. I don't even watch professional wrestling but I never ever get tired of hearing them talk about it.

Wrestlecube was loving amazing and was the first thing on the podcast in a while that got me to stop what I was doing and give my full attention

Also as good as MK11 looks I was hoping for a surprise Shaolin Monks sequel so one of these goobers could have a go with it

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I always thought the appealing thing about Pat was that he doesn't seem like a real person. Randomly this morning I remembered when Pat told a story about how he saw a bug (which turned out to be some harmless beetle) in his apartment and literally threw away every single food item he had... including frozen and canned foods. I still wish they made a video of how he gets into the bed. If only for how Matt and Woolie were dying at one point and saying something about Pat being like a spinning starfish getting into his bed????

Matt was always most enjoyable when he was really happy and excited. He kind of bored me on Netflix, but if he was excited about a game it was always fun to listen to. He had such joy. Woolie seems like he'd be the coolest to chill with though.

Also... I keep forgetting Pat even streams. I mostly just see him tweeting silly poo poo his fans made when I'm taking a poo poo. I only ever watched his Sonic Mania stream. And half the reason I had that on was the fact that Pat was playing Blue Spheres seemingly every 2 minutes and I was just happy to hear the music randomly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Invictus posted:

Their persona discussion on the last cast was outstanding and one of my favorite game discussions in a recent podcast of any group, the soft of thing I prefer them over giant bomb for because they actually remember poo poo about game details and can discuss them like that

Most of the things they "remember" are misinterpretations of basic subtext or poo poo they imagined wholesale.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Most of the things they "remember" are misinterpretations of basic subtext or poo poo they imagined wholesale.

that's great though

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Getting angry about any of the best friends seems dumb since if you dont like it dont watch it

Is somebody mad?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I haven't taken the time to watch Woolie's new stuff with other people as I've been rewatching the old Souls playthroughs instead during my downtime, but how is the Jojo one regarding spoiling stuff? I never watched the old LP they did on the channel because they went full blown spoilers and warned everyone as such, is it a safe thing to put on as background noise and not get spoiled beyond the current anime so far?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MaxDuo posted:

I always thought the appealing thing about Pat was that he doesn't seem like a real person. Randomly this morning I remembered when Pat told a story about how he saw a bug (which turned out to be some harmless beetle) in his apartment and literally threw away every single food item he had... including frozen and canned foods. I still wish they made a video of how he gets into the bed. If only for how Matt and Woolie were dying at one point and saying something about Pat being like a spinning starfish getting into his bed????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzA5YC-HlAY

They actually did make a video of him getting into bed once but I can't find it. Maybe it was a podcast video?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I haven't taken the time to watch Woolie's new stuff with other people as I've been rewatching the old Souls playthroughs instead during my downtime, but how is the Jojo one regarding spoiling stuff? I never watched the old LP they did on the channel because they went full blown spoilers and warned everyone as such, is it a safe thing to put on as background noise and not get spoiled beyond the current anime so far?

We're at episode 4 and Woolie just made it to the letter e in the name your character screen. So far he's talked about the oddity of Jojo compared to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Katamari Damacy. I think by episode 20 he will have finally named the main character.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
First there was Snailborne, and now... SlowJo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Are we talking about the same persona discussion in which Pat forgot half of Yukiko's S link which is why he hates it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

First there was Snailborne, and now... SlowJo

how many dialog boxes can you read in the frozen time?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

We're at episode 4 and Woolie just made it to the letter e in the name your character screen. So far he's talked about the oddity of Jojo compared to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Katamari Damacy. I think by episode 20 he will have finally named the main character.

So it's pretty safe then! :v:

Added to the background noise it is. I'll give my full attention to the Katamari one when I get to catching up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lately I've been wanting to rewatch Super Mario RPG but I can't in good faith to my own well being and soul suffer through hours of them not knowing there is a run button lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Overlord K posted:

but also, he said that he thinks the game has spoilers up to part 6, and they're talking about part 6 at the start of episode 3, so uh beware depending on how far you are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Overlord K posted:

Added to the background noise it is. I'll give my full attention to the Katamari one when I get to catching up.

:ssh: I haven't actually watched the video, I just heard like, seven minutes to name the character or something.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

someone please find me the wrestlecube/wrestleball/wrestlesphere/wrestlegalaxy clip lol

I should be in bed, I need to listen to it again. I am dying.

edit: I wasn't clear- I have been looking for it all night and i can't seem to find it :negative:

edit edit: UGH da;skzlskk aaaa

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 18, 2019

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FOUND IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYSaN2BY-o8

bye

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

:ssh: I haven't actually watched the video, I just heard like, seven minutes to name the character or something.

The name screen shows up at the end of episode 3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

The name screen shows up at the end of episode 3.

See, there you go. It was taking a while in some way.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

HoboTech posted:

You've just summed up my total experience since the group breakup, including watching a lot of Vinesauce stuff.

I was watching Vinny before the SBF broke up, I'm ahead of the curve! :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pat is at his best when he has silly energy / enthusiasm over stuff.

Eg
https://twitter.com/bandainamcono/status/1086218181340024832?s=21

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Pat is at his best when he has silly energy / enthusiasm over stuff.

Eg
https://twitter.com/bandainamcono/status/1086218181340024832?s=21

the fact that Pat loves animals and Woolie doesn't always seems so weird

the sheer number of weird tics Pat has would make you think he is terrified of animals but he loves em

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That's crazy the actual publisher is RTing him the day the game game out lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

That's crazy the actual publisher is RTing him the day the game game out lol

Tweeting at random streamers and youtubers is like everything these #brand twitters do though

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 18, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pat still wants his influencer bag

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They should send him a 1:1 scale cardboard cutout of that dog.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat gathers all of the Dragonballs and wishes to be taller. Officer Woolie is not amused.

Pat hates getting shot at.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Matt got hitomi to wear his merch. He truly made it.

V posting from phone sorry

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 18, 2019

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

At least post it! twitter.com/Hitomi_official/status/1086224392500043776 not in-lining in case underwear and a little cleavage is nsfw

I'm sure his wife is legit proud that part of his empire got to touch those honkers (not being sarcastic at all lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm sure his wife is legit proud that part of his empire got to touch those honkers (not being sarcastic at all lol)

Considering this is like the second highest rated just under a Matt himself reply

https://twitter.com/Crymetina/status/1086258405558370305

:discourse: