Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

TotalLossBrain posted:

lmao well they look like a couple weeks without food will be beneficial.

HAVE A GOOD TIME

i hope they get to watch prisoners get a steak dinner every day they are forced to work without pay or food but sadly that only happened on christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Gringostar posted:

i hope they get to watch prisoners get a steak dinner every day they are forced to work without pay or food but sadly that only happened on christmas

That's right, lol. I had completely forgotten how those fat fucks complained about prisoners getting food during the shutdown.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

TotalLossBrain posted:

So did all of them vote Tormp or something?

the two of them in the screencaps explicitly said they did, other two didn't say. one of those said walls are a tool that only work if you have guards and cameras too, so that was either a very diplomatic pushback on the absurdity of the wall, or a proposal to hire tens of thousands of new guards and police 2000 miles of border like a supermax

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

btw its worth watching the whole 6 minute clip, four prison union presidents who love walls and feel betrayed by trump. bloatee dude is upset about "notions that we're overpaid" and trump isn't supporting law enforcement and the troops like he promised. another one says he knows guards who are worried they won't be able to afford their cancer treatments

giving any wage to a cop is overpaying

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

whoa r u tellin me the class traitors are paid better??

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

TotalLossBrain posted:

That's right, lol. I had completely forgotten how those fat fucks complained about prisoners getting food during the shutdown.

all of the prisoners would be dead if they didnt get food during the shitdown...putting these chuds out of a job
also it would mean the penalty for any crime is death

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agean90 posted:

They're prison guards who are the leaders of cop unions

The 200% voted for TRUMP

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

all national guard on the prison towers shooting at prisoners' families en route to rescue them

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

got any sevens posted:

all of the prisoners would be dead if they didnt get food during the shitdown...putting these chuds out of a job
also it would mean the penalty for any crime is death

To be more specific, corrections chuds were complaining about having to work without pay while the prisoners got special Christmas meals (previously arranged, obviously) like steak or whatever. THIS WAS NOT RIGHT you see.

Even more disgusting was that a bunch of media outlets ran with this bullshit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/04/federal-inmates-get-roast-beef-cornish-hens-during-govt-shutdown/2476839002/
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hard-digest-inmates-eat-holiday-steak-during-shutdown-while-prison-n954971
https://nypost.com/2019/01/07/inmates-enjoy-holiday-meals-while-shutdown-leaves-guards-unpaid/

Here is a good summary of the whole thing.

TotalLossBrain has issued a correction as of 03:24 on Jan 17, 2019

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

the two of them in the screencaps explicitly said they did, other two didn't say. one of those said walls are a tool that only work if you have guards and cameras too, so that was either a very diplomatic pushback on the absurdity of the wall, or a proposal to hire tens of thousands of new guards and police 2000 miles of border like a supermax

i hope they do it and force are troops to eat MREs within sight of a whataburger that they aren't allowed to go to again

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Overheard a chud today talking about how trump has betrayed the troops and police due to the government shutdown

I don't think this will change how he votes in 2020, but it certainly seems like some conservatives are losing fervor for the shutdown

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Hopefully they don't vote at all. Get depressed, you idiot chuds.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
they'll forget all this happened by election day and vote R

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they won't forget, they'll just mysteriously attribute every bad thing in their lives to LIEBERALS and IMMIGRANTS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AIN'T NO IRANIAN EVER CALLED ME A LIEBERAL DEMONCRAT

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh on that point, apparently the airport in Lousiville is getting renamed after Muhammad Ali so I'm on the lookout for chud meltdowns to post here

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Judakel posted:

This is my hope too.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1085893713132380162

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Judakel posted:

we're talking about prison officer chuds here pal, we can wish for them to suck start a shotgun over just getting depressed and staying home

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

the technical term for this is "bloatee"

he's a man of gravity

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he's a man of gravity gravy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.fidelity.com/news/article/top-news/201901170104RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_KCN1PB0CB-OUSBS_1

quote:

Bob Roth makes no bones about his feelings towards U.S. manufacturing.

The co-owner and chief executive of RoMan Manufacturing Inc, which makes transformers and glass-molding equipment for automakers and other industries, asks callers on his voicemail: "What have you done today to support U.S. manufacturing?"

His procurement team has been under long-standing orders to source all parts and materials as near as possible to his western Michigan factory, even with President Donald Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum.

But with those tariffs dragging into a new year and steel comprising a quarter of RoMan's fixed costs, Roth says his company has now begun the lengthy process of switching from its U.S. suppliers to an Israeli company for a key component for its products.

It is a strategic decision that RoMan and other auto suppliers have put off since the tariffs kicked in last spring. With tariffs firmly part of the landscape, some are now starting to shift their own supply chain to keep costs in check, according to more than a dozen interviews with U.S. auto suppliers and industry consultants. (U.S. jobs impact of metal tariffs: https://tmsnrt.rs/2RKvA83)

The choice is stark for most suppliers: absorb the extra cost, pass them on to customers or find ways to slash material costs.

The transformers Roth's 150 workers at RoMan produce require a magnetized steel core that is now more expensive as tariffs have allowed U.S. steel producers to raise prices. The Israeli supplier has access to cheaper steel and its cores qualify as finished products, so they are not subject to tariffs - making them a cheaper alternative.

"We don't have the money to buy our way out problems like this," Roth said of RoMan, which has annual revenue of around $35 million. "In the long run we can't afford to absorb the extra cost of tariffs."

Roth says he appreciates the sentiment behind Trump's push to bring back American manufacturers jobs, but adds tariffs are "the wrong tool" because they hurt U.S. firms.

Trade consulting firm Trade Partnership Worldwide LLC estimated last summer metals tariffs could cost 5,000 jobs in the U.S. auto industry and 400,000 jobs overall - 16 jobs lost for every steel or aluminum worker hired. But so far there is little data available on how tariffs affect businesses such as RoMan because the process of switching suppliers is a long one and many manufacturers have muddled through so far.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Whatever happened to that lady whos entire business was buying steel parts from China and like repacking them in the US to send to auto companies. Did her business collapse yet.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Gringostar posted:

we're talking about prison officer chuds here pal, we can wish for them to suck start a shotgun over just getting depressed and staying home

The farmers are more likely to do that.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lmao krugman outa nowhere

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

he should post his hog and become an absolute legend

If he posted the hog I would sign up for his patreon

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/pldcpldc/status/1086641204157169664

can't be good for trump to lose this guy. dude's chud levels are off the charts

https://twitter.com/pldcpldc/status/1067259539727294464

https://twitter.com/Basso488/status/1065050423441141760
(retweeted nascar)

https://twitter.com/pldcpldc/status/1073968929440186368

https://twitter.com/pldcpldc/status/1059211300839084033

https://twitter.com/pldcpldc/status/1067916286087389185

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I should not have clicked 'show media' on that H3xgirl tweet.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1086734750578929664

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is known that all votes are actually for jeb!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

jobson groeth posted:

Sounds like you are wanting to return that Xmas present.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

jobson groeth posted:

please. i could've used the vid he retweeted of some sort of free-use bondage dungeon with faceless women splayed out like merchandise

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/RacismDog/status/1087089621983526912

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

chuds trying to post the full video to show how ‘well, akchually the Native American approached the MAGA group and harassed him first.’. What’s really shown is him approaching the group, but staying about 15-20 feet back while chanting and banging his drum. Within 30 seconds he gets surrounded by the MAGA losers. Also not sure how him approaching causes anyone to chant ‘build the wall’, etc. but I guess I don’t understand since I’m not a racist lovely duck.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nottherealaborn posted:

chuds trying to post the full video to show how ‘well, akchually the Native American approached the MAGA group and harassed him first.’. What’s really shown is him approaching the group, but staying about 15-20 feet back while chanting and banging his drum. Within 30 seconds he gets surrounded by the MAGA losers. Also not sure how him approaching causes anyone to chant ‘build the wall’, etc. but I guess I don’t understand since I’m not a racist lovely duck.

Watching this video, i was under the impression that he's trying to approach the monument. Isn't that the lincoln memorial behind?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

Watching this video, i was under the impression that he's trying to approach the monument. Isn't that the lincoln memorial behind?

It is, and he claimed he was just walking towards the monument. Considering he was walking diagonally towards the group, rather than directly up the stairs on the right side of the video, I’m going to give conservatives the most generous interpretation possible to show how wrong they still are.

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
are we approaching the time when it's generally accepted in mainstream centrist-lib culture what was true all along, that MAGA-heads are all irredeemably disgusting hate-trolls and there's no reasons to try and shade them with any nuance?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Kraanerg posted:

are we approaching the time when it's generally accepted in mainstream centrist-lib culture what was true all along, that MAGA-heads are all irredeemably disgusting hate-trolls and there's no reasons to try and shade them with any nuance?

hillary was right about the deplorables 2.5 years ago. it's the news orgs that are afraid of rightwing tantrums and blowback from their corporate owners

E: unless by centrist-lib u mean blue dogs like joe manchin, they ain't calling out their own voter base obviously

Dixie Cretin Seaman has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Jan 21, 2019

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
edit: ^^^ mostly talking about mainstream liberal media types

hillary was right about the deplorables 2.5 years ago. it's the news orgs that are afraid of rightwing tantrums and blowback from their corporate owners

yeah that's basically what I meant. like, are we just about done with MSLM-types trying to extrapolate anything other than "it's because they're abject nazis" when trying to understand the magabrains? I feel like we might actually almost be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Nottherealaborn posted:

Well, you see, the gentleman from the Omaha Tribe banging his drum and chanting in a rhythmic, non-threatening tone is a direct assault on American morals and the American Way of life thus demanding the need for these young men to express their demand that the United States build a wall to keep the...native peoples...from...illegally immigrating...hmm...