Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

also theres serious hints that company a is alfa bank, aka the bank that communicated with trump servers for who knows what. the supreme court has a closed hearing on it tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm in a different country and don't feel like ending up in a Honduran prison for talking to the wrong person cause I have terrible luck

but it would be a real cool story to post about

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh shiiiiiiiiiiit

I wonder if the GOP will find this alarming or action worthy...

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

mods changed my name posted:

lol why unless you think $100,000 vape battery cars a solution to anything

I mean the EV/battery tech is worth investing in. But lol @ Musk thinking his lovely reinvention of the subway w/ individual electric cars driving in a lovely tunnel can replace public transit and preserve car culture in places like LA. Just :lol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

^I'm sure as hell not going to defend all their dumb poo poo, but wishing them out of existence because Musk is an idiot is an overreaction IMO.

If you measure displacement in liters, you're not measuring freedom.

327 4lyfe

If you measure engines in displacement, you're wrong. KW or nothing.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ya but then i wouldn't be able to bang the girl I'm hanging out with tomorrow even though she's probably going to be thinking about Trudeau cause she's enamoured by me being Canadian and having him being my PM

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

no replacement for displacement

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1086111698854051841?s=20

what

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Why not just have Tesla as a parts company then? Leave the actual car part to actual car companies

I think this was originally their secret plan and the cars they were building were just to show the industry that it was feasible, but then Musk got addicted to the smell of his farts and bought the hype that "he's the real life Tony Star" and can do no wrong.

He then proceeded to do everything wrong.

The tech and the cars are cool but he's just hammering the company into the ground. It would have been the best thing for the company if he was forced out but instead he's "being reigned in" by his closest friends so nothing's going to change.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

ya but then i wouldn't be able to bang the girl I'm hanging out with tomorrow even though she's probably going to be thinking about Trudeau cause she's enamoured by me being Canadian and having him being my PM

Wear a mask

e: of Trudeau

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nixon speedrun pickin up speed

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Godholio posted:

If you measure displacement in liters, you're not measuring freedom.

327 4lyfe

cubic centimeters is the correct measurement of freedom thank you

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nixon speedrun pickin up speed

Flawless execution of the shutdown glitch, he'll save a lot of time with that one.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Someone's classin' up this here internet joint.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril_ln/status/880502870273138690

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

She sent to email to Slate that was all bitchy and sarcastic. She doesn't necessarily know anything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I should nail your rear end for posting Rush. Get that filthy high pitched prog garbage out of here.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
THOUGH HIS MIND IS NOT FOR RENT

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Some congressional takes on this:

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1086112992763301889?s=21

https://twitter.com/chrismurphyct/status/1086116925095190528?s=21

https://twitter.com/joaquincastrotx/status/1086116842224140289?s=21

E: this one is timely...

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1086124446258221058?s=21

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 18, 2019

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Jarmak posted:

cubic centimeters is the correct measurement of freedom thank you

Freedom is best measured in ounces, where 40 oz. is equal to 1 freedom.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYAc7gB-0A

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

This is the perfect time to answer the age old goon question:

"Am I as brave as Caro?"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
gently caress THAT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

hey come lie under this hammock with a hole in it so i can poo poo in your mouth

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/1086123856769748992

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn’t exactly call Caro brave. Disturbed? Yes. Brave? I dunno, he seems to be more schizophrenic than brave.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Hey remember in Back To The Future when Marty tries to convince Doc Brown he's actually from the future and gets asked "Okay, who's the President in the future?" and the answer gets him a "Ronald Reagan? The actor??" fat laugh right in the face?

That was the first time a celebrity was elected President and take my word for it it absolutely was loving bizarro at the time but loooooool your next Pres is going to be Oprah without even a blink at this rate.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Good evening, it occurred to me that a not insignificant number of gun-hoarding “cold dead hands” Fox News addled boomers are going to develop dementia and other cognitive disorders as they continue to age. :toot:

Yep it's totally cool to watch a loved one lose their ability to reason or even hold a simple conversation just because their political beliefs are opposed to yours. All the while wondering if it's genetic and might be yours or others in your family's future.

gently caress off.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
it's pretty hosed up if you think Oprah is somehow a bigger joke than trump imo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's not, it's just that in a normal reality, the idea of President Oprah would be a joke.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1086147857550168064?s=21

Tomorrow's tweet storm is going to be glorious.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Flikken posted:

Yep it's totally cool to watch a loved one lose their ability to reason or even hold a simple conversation just because their political beliefs are opposed to yours. All the while wondering if it's genetic and might be yours or others in your family's future.

gently caress off.

hmmm yes wanting children to be locked away in camps is distilled down to 'having different political opinions'

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

it's pretty hosed up if you think Oprah is somehow a bigger joke than trump imo

She's absolutely a bigger (and more legit) celebrity.

But what you're saying, that's nasty and evil.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

No more loving celebrities. I don't care who they are.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Eyes Have It posted:

Hey remember in Back To The Future when Marty tries to convince Doc Brown he's actually from the future and gets asked "Okay, who's the President in the future?" and the answer gets him a "Ronald Reagan? The actor??" fat laugh right in the face?

That was the first time a celebrity was elected President and take my word for it it absolutely was loving bizarro at the time but loooooool your next Pres is going to be Oprah without even a blink at this rate.

She’s an intelligent self made billionaire with charisma. If she wanted to to get in on this I’m guess she would have gone after a congressional seat and studied up. However since she hasn’t done anything so far I think she’s not going to run.

Oh god would it be glorious though to see Trump poo poo his pants with her taking over from him.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

hmmm yes wanting children to be locked away in camps is distilled down to 'having different political opinions'

Hey now you should consider yourselves lucky that one of your two major parties thinks locking kids in camps is bad.

Over in Australia, you don't get to "detaining refugees is bad" until you hit the Greens, which is about 10-12% of the vote, between 8-12 senators and a single member in the house.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Casimir Radon posted:

No more loving celebrities. I don't care who they are.

Paris Hilton for president 2024.

Or possibly Kim Kardashian.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

orange juche posted:

so i can poo poo in your mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOkrC_-eAnE&t=57s

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also theres serious hints that company a is alfa bank, aka the bank that communicated with trump servers for who knows what. the supreme court has a closed hearing on it tomorrow

They're privately owned.

I'm thinking QIA or (less likely) Deutsche Bank (partially owned by norway via norges bank)

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I have no idea what we will talk about when/if Trump leaves office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bats dying ‘on biblical scale’ due to record-breaking Australia heatwave