Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

TGLT posted:

It's the crab dance meme. edit: Specifically like 1:10 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDU_Txk06tM
So it's just "here is a meme, lol RBG"? You can just counter that by having Ginsberg sing Never Going To Give You Up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The meme is that the crabs are celebrating, and they want the liberal to die so they can cheer about it.

It's actually a pretty funny meme when used correctly.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
crabs eat dead things, they're waiting for her to die to eat her and saying 'just wait a sec it'll happen any moment now'

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
♩Lookin' like a fool...♪

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

so is the evening standard opposed to corbyn or

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

...what?

There's nothing there to gauge who's moving, so having Pelosi in the same spot in both panels makes it look like Trump is literally moving the tiny goalpost. Also, don't move the goalpost? So Pelosi fulfilled "national security," so Trump changed what it means to say she didn't?

How is this supposed to make Trump look good?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Raised By Birds posted:

...what?

There's nothing there to gauge who's moving, so having Pelosi in the same spot in both panels makes it look like Trump is literally moving the tiny goalpost. Also, don't move the goalpost? So Pelosi fulfilled "national security," so Trump changed what it means to say she didn't?

He's moving it closer, because he apparently compromised on the wall lol nope

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is there a gaybie for worst metaphor because god drat.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Somfin posted:

He's moving it closer, because he apparently compromised on the wall lol nope

So, Branco doesn't understand what "moving the goalposts" means. Okay. I can understand that.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gaybies nomination: Most Willfully Dense

Lightning Knight posted:

I understand that the broad point of this is that they want RBG to die so Trump can fill her seat but I don't understand why she's on a beach and why there's crabs.

TGLT posted:

It's the crab dance meme. edit: Specifically like 1:10 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDU_Txk06tM

This should explain it further. And this confusion, by the way, is why we need to talk about these things.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Raised By Birds posted:

So, Branco doesn't understand what "moving the goalposts" means. Okay. I can understand that.

I think he does, he just genuinely thinks that Trump gets to have a compromise on this (no reason to offer one) and that he has tried to (haha no).

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Whybird posted:

so is the evening standard opposed to corbyn or

That one is kind of weird because in a way Corbyn doesn't want her out. Labour wants the Tories fully and completely responsible for this whole mess which means he doesn't want her under a bus quite yet but then again he can't be seen to to throwing her a lifeline either. In a way that cartoon almost captures that but it shouldn't say self interest because it is in his self interest for her party to keep lurching on for now.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Raised By Birds posted:

...what?

I think the metaphor is fine, it just doesn't reflect reality. Trump is being accused of moving the goalposts, and he is, but he's moving them in the Democrats' favor. The message is "Trump is doing his best to compromise yet they still call him obstinate." It would be a good comic if it weren't a complete lie.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've never heard that expression used for moving the goalposts closer to someone else. I thought that was pretty funny.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Yeah it would be an interesting play on the saying if it honestly reflected some type of real-world event rather than Branco's fevered imaginings

By all accounts he hates when Republicans compromise, too

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its pretty funny when your brain worms enema from fox news gets you thinking that Trump REALLY REALLY is trying to be the adult in the room by getting the incredibly attainable through an expensive wall along our southern border "National Security". Then it is a ironic take of the normal meaning of moving the goalposts.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've never heard that expression used for moving the goalposts closer to someone else. I thought that was pretty funny.

I think that's what threw me. I'd never heard anyone use that to mean readjusting in the opponent's favor. I kept trying to figure out how Pelosi was the one misunderstanding Trump and it did my head in.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
That Branch is good but it's also the opposite of reality. He literally walked out of a meeting at the first sign of resistance and then demanded more money.

EXCUSE ME ladies and gentlemen I'm being informed actually he's compromised from a cement wall to steel.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Raised By Birds posted:

I think that's what threw me. I'd never heard anyone use that to mean readjusting in the opponent's favor. I kept trying to figure out how Pelosi was the one misunderstanding Trump and it did my head in.

This is the same person that depicted a witch hunt as a coven of witches hunting. Like our president, Branco does not understand metaphors.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sandpuppy posted:

I remain unconvinced Trump is that good at math.

yowza :chanpop:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon: The assault on masculinity by a television ad for razors

Also, The Chase:
https://twitter.com/JeremyPoxon/status/1085787737158864897

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

President Trump took offense when Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro asked if he’s a Russian agent.

She asked because the NYT ran a story Friday titled “F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia.”

And now Democrats want the translator’s notes from private meetings between Agent Trump and President Putin.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I guess it's time for all the right-wing cartoonists to start virtue signaling about an obvious racist.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Does Bok realize that this cartoon is actually implying that Trump is a Russian agent instead of mocking the idea?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

SPIN IT HARDER ROSE IT AIN'T WORKING

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Somfin posted:

SPIN IT HARDER ROSE IT AIN'T WORKING

JRRose 100% got the idea for this after seeing that fake quote from Clemson's quarterback in support of Trump that's been making the rounds on facebook.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

No wonder Tinsley hates technology. It slings :mud: at him.

If that's not a smilie, you guys need to get on that.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Zesty posted:

No wonder Tinsley hates technology. It slings :mud: at him.

If that's not a smilie, you guys need to get on that.

:itwaspoo:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Oh lord the cartoons tomorrow are gonna be good...
And then again in 2 weeks when Tinsley and Stant-Allie finally catch up.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

So You Want To Run for the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States

If you're running for the Democratic presidential nomination, you have to sound like a progressive to get primary voters on your side and govern and vote like a right-winger so the centrist establishment will tolerate you.

Tags: Kamala Harris; Democrats; Nancy Pelosi; progressive; hypocrisy; Republican; bank; war; military budgets; free trade; NAFTA; corporate donors; drones; migrant workers; identity politics; inspiring; biracial; LGBTQIA; purity tests;

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trazz posted:

Oh lord the cartoons tomorrow are gonna be good...
Seriously with this poo poo?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Seriously with this poo poo?

I mean, there's going to be a lot of cartoons of Trump being compared to Nixon, that's for sure.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ Is that what they meant by "only Nixon could go to China"? Or is there some other Trump news that the rest of the world hasn't heard yet?

From the comments:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
A nice summary from the USPol thread,

Conspiratiorist posted:

Remember when the FBI raided Michael Cohen's (Trump's fixer) office, and it turned out he kept records on everything?

Buzzfeed News just broke out that the Mueller investigation indeed has solid evidence (multiple witnesses, Trump org internal memos and emails, text messages, etc) that indicate Trump directed Cohen to commit multiple felonies on his behalf, inc. perjury and obstruction of justice.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1086100274060640256

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still don't know how even many, many felonies links to a future where Trump isn't President anymore, as long as the Senate is how it is.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Do people just forget that that happened, because I'm very confused as to where the question if collusion is real is coming from. It's pretty much really, really obvious.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Do people just forget that that happened, because I'm very confused as to where the question if collusion is real is coming from. It's pretty much really, really obvious.

It's more the actual, concrete evidence. Like even though it was obvious it's what was happening, there's a difference between something being definitely true and having the evidence that it's true.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still don't know how even many, many felonies links to a future where Trump isn't President anymore, as long as the Senate is how it is.

The longer he's in office and the more crimes he racks up, the worse it looks for the Republicans and the less power he has to do anything (while still keeping Pence from actually doing anything). The second he's out of office is the second Pence gets to actually act and no-one wants that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somfin posted:

The longer he's in office and the more crimes he racks up, the worse it looks for the Republicans and the less power he has to do anything (while still keeping Pence from actually doing anything). The second he's out of office is the second Pence gets to actually act and no-one wants that.

I'll take my chances. and he doesn't have the cult of personality that would help in re-election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zesty posted:

I'll take my chances. and he doesn't have the cult of personality that would help in re-election.

Which is why you get the GOP to prevent him from running as a Republican again, then when he loses, you arrest him for literally all of the things.