Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

SirPablo posted:

Can President Deals please open up the loving government so I can do my regular work and get paid before he spends the next three months convincing chuds he surely didn't do the illegal thing he definitely did?

Google Butt posted:

Sorry you're a hostage now
Enjoy your imminent Stockholm syndrome.

Edit:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SocketWrench posted:

This kills me, people were ready to jail Hillary for pretty much nothing, but just beat off in a joyus rage for Trump doing the same and worse.

Keyword being “her”.

The world is clearly more okay with a fascist criminal president than a female one. The emails were just the cover story.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hahaha you still think things are going back to normal.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mantis42 posted:

Hahaha you still think things are going back to normal.

What's "normal" mean to you, like, Trump Normal or actual normal?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What's a lawyer supposed to do when a client asks them to commit perjury?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Can someone point me to a summary of what happened tonight?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pakled posted:

Tell them 'shut the gently caress up before you get both of us thrown in prison' and develop very selective amnesia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BigglesSWE posted:

Keyword being “her”.

The world is clearly more okay with a fascist criminal president than a female one. The emails were just the cover story.

You can have a fascist criminal female prime minister though.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Star Man posted:

Can someone point me to a summary of what happened tonight?

Remember when the FBI raided Michael Cohen's (Trump's fixer) office, and it turned out he kept records on everything?

Buzzfeed News just broke out that the Mueller investigation indeed has solid evidence (multiple witnesses, Trump org internal memos and emails, text messages, etc) that indicate Trump directed Cohen to commit multiple felonies on his behalf, inc. perjury and obstruction of justice.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/01/trump-impeachment-chances-suborning-perjury-obstruction.html

quote:

We haven’t run an Impeach-O-Meter on Slate in quite some time, mainly because it seemed like Trump had settled at a level of strength that precluded his removal from office. He wasn’t popular overall, but despite increasingly incriminatory developments in the Robert Mueller special counsel investigation, the president had stopped ever falling below 40 percent in approval ratings. He has also always maintained very high numbers with Republican voters, and since somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty Republican senators would have to vote to convict him in an impeachment trial to oust him from office, it thus seemed pointless to speculate about the possibility.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Conspiratiorist posted:

Remember when the FBI raided Michael Cohen's (Trump's fixer) office, and it turned out he kept records on everything?

Buzzfeed News just broke out that the Mueller investigation indeed has solid evidence (multiple witnesses, Trump org internal memos and emails, text messages, etc) that indicate Trump directed Cohen to commit multiple felonies on his behalf, inc. perjury and obstruction of justice.

Okay. That is quite the breakthrough.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pakled posted:

What's "normal" mean to you, like, Trump Normal or actual normal?

Normal doesn't actually exist, we just kind of bounce from one crisis to another and have short memories.

But, also, things are just going to dumber and more awful.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pakled posted:

tell them no

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Pakled posted:

Reply with "do I need to be concerned about this?"

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I will never stop laughing if it turns out Trump got himself elected by convincing gullible Americans that Hillary destroyed emails to cover up unknown crimes and then got himself impeached because he wasn't as smart as his made-up version of Hillary Clinton but far more corrupt.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

negativeneil posted:

I will never stop laughing if it turns out Trump got himself elected by convincing gullible Americans that Hillary destroyed emails to cover up unknown crimes and then got himself impeached because he wasn't as smart as his made-up version of Hillary Clinton but far more corrupt.

Be prepared to never stop laughing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

negativeneil posted:

It’s also going be loving hilarious if after Trump’s one (at the time) funny joke at the Al Smith Dinner, the “Pardon Me” joke about Clinton comes back to bite him in the rear end if he’s the one who winds up begging for a presidential pardon.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

negativeneil posted:

You think you're laughing, but really you've been crying the whole time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Star Man posted:

You think you're laughing, but really you've been crying the whole time.

Its the end of "Mouth of Madness"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YMov3fYvs

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Australian goon here. I'm sort of morbidly looking forward to waking up to an extra thousand posts in this thread. The dilemma always is: to jump ahead to work out what has actually happened, or to watch the (terrible, stupid) drama unfold in real time...?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tree Bucket posted:

Australian goon here. I'm sort of morbidly looking forward to waking up to an extra thousand posts in this thread. The dilemma always is: to jump ahead to work out what has actually happened, or to watch the (terrible, stupid) drama unfold in real time...?

As an Aus goon you often get to see the Large Adult President's first tweet of the day.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I can’t believe nothing will happen because of this. The fact that we’re just shrugging at the president literally committing a felony is absolutely dire. We truly are turbofucked.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cable Guy posted:

Enjoy your imminent Stockholm syndrome.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwCgSnYrbTE

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

As someone living in Korea, I have the same problem.

However, the US news thread helps a lot.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pollyanna posted:

I can’t believe nothing will happen because of this. The fact that we’re just shrugging at the president literally committing a felony is absolutely dire. We truly are turbofucked.

Who's shrugging?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tree Bucket posted:

If it makes you feel better, this will just be another brick in the wall. Business as usual.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rinkles posted:

Who's shrugging?

The fact that we knew this and have known for a long time yet this fucker is still in office.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Pollyanna posted:

It's becoming very clear that the system for prosecuting Presidents is far too slow to be useful. Trump is the dumbest, most obvious criminal, but he's still able to rampage through the government unchecked for years, causing damage that will take decades to fix if it's ever fixed at all.

The next administration needs to spend at least a term repairing the USA so that Trump can never happen again.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gort posted:

The next administration needs to spend at least a term repairing the USA so that Trump can never happen again.

That's what we said after Bush.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

The fact that we knew this and have known for a long time yet this fucker is still in office.

There's a difference between knowing and having evidence. These things take a while, it doesn't mean nothing's happening.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gort posted:

It's becoming very clear that the system for prosecuting Presidents is far too slow to be useful. Trump is the dumbest, most obvious criminal, but he's still able to rampage through the government unchecked for years, causing damage that will take decades to fix if it's ever fixed at all.

The damage that W did to the US wasn’t even been repaired. It’s easier to just memory hole things and pretend that something was done so you can feel good. The next Trump is gonna tear through the unpatched holes left by the current one even better because the Republicans are going to nominate a competent Trump the next time around.

Just like with climate change, the time to have acted was ten years ago but the US slept through the smoke alarm and now there’s no way out but through the fire.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Pollyanna posted:

If it makes you feel better, this will just be another brick in the wall. Business as usual.

That doesn't make me feel better at all!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

As an Aus goon you often get to see the Large Adult President's first tweet of the day.

I can't imagine what it's like to read the Morning Tweets directly after emerging from sleep. It must be nightmarish.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lemming posted:

There's a difference between knowing and having evidence. These things take a while, it doesn't mean nothing's happening.

I don't think it's even fair to say we knew. It was quite plausible Cohen lied without direct instructions from Trump.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
It's literally been out for like 2 hours chill tf out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

Jesus Christ.

You do not have any special insight into our political futures, please desist from this clueless prognostication

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Jesus Christ.

You do not have any special insight into our political futures, please desist from this clueless prognostication

Of course I don’t know what the future is. But I drat well know what we’ve done so far.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

Of course I don’t know what the future is. But I drat well know what we’ve done so far.

A multi-year wide-ranging investigation into Trump led by the former head of the FBI? With numerous convictions, indictments and plea deals?

I mean, I personally don't think that everyone should be waiting placidly for Senpai Mueller to fire the impeachment starting gun, but it's a pretty obtuse take to imply that nothing is happening.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

The part where a bunch of his flunkies have been convicted of various crimes and Mueller is working his way up the chain? The part where Trump's longtime personal lawyer got his office raided by the FBI? Where he's very publicly flipped? Where Trump is losing his grip on his base, and got forced into an unwinnable fight he didn't want?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lemming posted:

The part where a bunch of his flunkies have been convicted of various crimes and Mueller is working his way up the chain? The part where Trump's longtime personal lawyer got his office raided by the FBI? Where he's very publicly flipped? Where Trump is losing his grip on his base, and got forced into an unwinnable fight he didn't want?

Also he spends most of his days literally screaming WITCH HUNT and eating burgs rather than devoting himself to all the other corrupt poo poo he hoped to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

EwokEntourage posted:

He used to moderate a Facebook group full of racist memes I think

Him and DeSantis.