Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, I found out I can't use selectors to level up she hulk anymore. At first I thought I was just missing her, but I made her a favorite and nope it isn't available anymore. I really should have t2'd her earlier. Now I'm stuck until i unlock her mission or get enough tokens in timeline battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you ever could. Just the Daily 8 selectors work for her, Singularity, and Nico. Which was terrible until they made them gettable with tokens.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

twistedmentat posted:

So, I found out I can't use selectors to level up she hulk anymore. At first I thought I was just missing her, but I made her a favorite and nope it isn't available anymore. I really should have t2'd her earlier. Now I'm stuck until i unlock her mission or get enough tokens in timeline battles.

The free daily Combat selectors still work for her. That's only 8 at a time, but it's something.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Crap. I’m out of Mkraan Crystals and Dimension Debris. This will suck.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I hosed up my elgibility on my second epic quest mission today and blocked myself, really being dumb this time around. Sitting at 83%, should have gotten way further today.

Still ignoring the problem them I don't have nearly enough crystals to get Sue.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could have sworn I used SL selectors to get Shulk 13 bios away from t2ing her. I managed to get together enough timeline tokens to do it, so that's 2 down. At least I got Ben to 6* and Johnny isn't too far. It's going to be choas norn stones that holds me back with them. I'm going to finish getting Killmonger to 4/20 before i start working on Victorious.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hmm. Might have to temper my expectations, cynicalex posted a vid that after rushing Doom he regrets it. He is good but not worth the cost to rush building him, apparently.

Also I sent an app to Doctor Goons, couldnt send an app to Marble Hebrons bc it was full. IGN is StinkyBritches

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I fully believe that they are going to make Doom Tier 3 as, after Thor, there is no Universal Tier 3.
(Though with her movie coming out Captain Marvel will also be made Tier 3.)

Even if Doom isn't great, I'd say he will be.
The other thing is when Stryfe was released the people who rushed him said he sucked.

But now that time has gone by and people got him to 70 realized he's one of the kings of PVP.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm surprised Reed was the T3 and not Doom. But with Captain Marvel due out March 8th I don't think we really have enough time for another major update and T3. Maybe we'll get something small but I expect the next big one to be her.

But yeah, either way first impressions are just that. I'm a FF fanboy so I'm gonna grab Sue and that will net me Doom and then whatever happens happens.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We'll probably see a 2 part Captain Marvel event. Like Feb they'll give us some stuff we already know, like maybe her rework/Costume, maybe a new character that's not in the movie but connected to her, like Spider-Woman?

Then March comes and it will give us Mar-vell, Photon, Talos, maybe young Ronan?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i cant see captain marvel being a two parter. maybe infinity war 2 tho

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Oh what the gently caress I swear I was far over 800 cube shards and ready to rock T3 Luna, but I just got her to 425 and I have barely over 400

What the gently caress happened where could they have possibly gone, I wouldn't have used them for an advancement roll

The only thing they are ever used for is T3 and the advancement roll right?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

That should be it. Cosmic Cube Fragments are usable for T3 advancement and can be wasted for enhancement of potential rolls. Dimension dust and titan component packs are used for the 21-25 gear enhancements and T3 advancement. Titan's records are just for the T3 advancement.

I always underestimate how many titan component packs are used for upping gear and find myself short on them once I have enough cosmic cube fragments.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I mean I have like 3k of the other components and I'm maxed on Titan records, I'm just fucky hosed on cube shards and its frustrating

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, its pretty clear they decided to make that the thing that will bottleneck T3 advancement, like chaos norns for t2. But Unlike them, cube shards are not found in small, but regular amounts. You have to luck out to get them more than once when doing a WBU..

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, I'm ok with it. Otherwise we'd all have everyone T3ed and be complaining that there aren't more. They've actually kind of managed a good time table where there's always a few options and the one person I'm planning to T3 before someone new comes along. I have Cap, Thor, Spidey, and Deadpool. I was all set to do Magneto when Sharon came along. I did her and then Luna showed up. I'm all set to T3 her and I'm tempted by Reed now (but probably sticking with Luna).

Maybe I've gotten lucky but that's a good rate for me. But I also have people to T2 and native T2s to work up when I'm collecting shards so maybe its more annoying/boring if you've been playing longer and have all that done.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

You've gotten insanely lucky with shards, then

I've gone almost a full week at times with getting 0 from wbu

E: I'd grumble less if higher wbus gave more shards or gave them more often, I just want an achievable way to get a better flow of these fuckers. Two T3s ain't great.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 14, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just noticed I have over 900 shards right now, but then I haven't done a single move to t3 anyone in ages. I think at this point I'm just going to keep hoarding it until Captain marvel comes out because she'll probably have t3 added.

I am also glad I hoarded alliance tokens because I've gotten Ben to 4/20 and Johnny isn't too far behind, mostly using bios from the alliance store.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm stuck trying to replenish MKraan Crystals, so no progress on the FF quest for a while for me. If I wasn't also low on Dimension Debris, I'd think about using the SHIELD Lab to make some.

I've got Kate Bishop and Luke Cage and just now got Angel (save for M'Kraan Crystals) ready to T2, but I just T2ed Crystal for the first requirement of Doom. Over 110 shards needed still to She-Hulk T2 ready. Little less than that for Aunt Petunia's Favorite Nephew, little less for Sue, all at 4/20. Johnny's lagging behind at 4/17s... and I've got 4 T2 Advancement tickets saved up. Probably will burn them on Ben, Jen, and Johnny, as I've only got enough Chaos Norns to get maybe 1 or 2 of them T2ed naturally. Have to save one for Victorious.

So I'm noticing these odd device collections in each Epic Quest now, encouraging you to run every mission again to randomly find construction bits for each one. One prize is 200 MKraan Crystals, but it doesn't look like there's any way of hurrying these along, as the bits have a very minor drop rate.

Also, I was able to clear an SL level with She-Hulk in the F4 costume, but I'll note that her big Taxi-Flip Smash requires your target not being able to find other targets to run away from your move, so not the best in Rumble Mode.

Still haven't bothered T3ing anyone. 64 is the highest level I've gotten anyone to, and that's Cap and T'Challa.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm at 71% with the Epic Quest. I grabbed Victorious with the prize bios they gave me, bought the crystal package at the 3* task and then used tickets, grabbed the crystal package at the 5* star and then used tickets. So I have enough hoarded bios to get her to 6* but I think I'm gonna just wait and hope I get a 6* ticket to use on her so I can use the bios to get to 4/20. Spending all those crystals set me WAAAAAY back on Sue which makes me regret it, but it means it will be awhile before i get Doom anyway so Victorious can wait.

Man. Its so hard to save crystals and sooooo easy to spend them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I always forget about those alliance tokens. Finished the quest today, 6 starred Johnny, Ben is close.

Still nowhere near having enough crystals for Sue, but also I don't feel like I'm in a rush to do so anymore and if Doom really turns out to not be great I'll hold for Captain Marvel

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've got Cap, Spidey and Sharon T3d and just hit enough for my 4th. I really regret spidey, it doesn't help what I do with him much. If I could go back I'd T3 Deadpool instead. At this point I think I'll either up Deadpool, Thor or Captain Marvel depending on how hers turns out, then I'm saving for Jean since the Dark Phoenix movie hits in June and she will be a resource hog for sure.

I don't see them coming anytime soon if ever but I'll have to drop everything to T3 Angela, Hela, Moon Knight, Nova, Blue Marvel and Anti-Man if any of them get the chance. Maybe it will be like Marvel Heroes where after years of revamping 1-2 chars at a time they suddenly redo everyone across the board.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I got to the Epic Quest stage where you have to get Victorious to five stars. And I bought the Bios packs so I had her at 350+ bios, but stuck at four stars, as I had no rank up tickets.

I was debating about should I spend her bios to get her to Five Stars or wait and see if I can get a rank up ticket.

Then just this morning they announced an in game event where you can buy Four, Five and Six Star rank up tickets. So that will allow me to get her to Six stars, and I can spend all her bios ranking her gear up and get her to Tier 2 that way.

"Another Victory."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHvWc0jNXyE&t=116s

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, same. I ticketed her to 5* and hoarded the bios but I was debating 6. Perfect timing I'll grab that 6* ticket and then use the 320+ bios to get her as close to 4/20 as I can. It should do most of the job.

So the only setback is spending those crystals set me way back on Sue.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So the Victorious deal comes after 5* or 4*? I've got her at 4 now but I ticketed her there and missed out on the apparent 3* deal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You get a mission to get her to 3* and an offer with it if you don't have her there already. Then you get a mission to get her to 5* with the same kind of deal. So as long as you keep her at 4* when you get to that stage of the Epic Mission you should get the offer button.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Who is Victorious (from the setting) anyway? I know most of the Marvel characters however do not read the comics, so no idea who she actually is.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dravs posted:

Who is Victorious (from the setting) anyway? I know most of the Marvel characters however do not read the comics, so no idea who she actually is.
This Victorious is apparently a brand new character. There's been a few Marvel characters with that name before, but both were male.
I don't know if this means she's supposed to debut in comics soon or if she was an original design for Future Fight.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i read somewhere shes a tie in to an upcoming fantastic four arc

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah from what I've seen she's new but not an original Future Fight character like Sharon Rogers, Luna Snow, and Crescent but rather a character that is gonna debut in the comics soon and they just got her in here first before the issues hit the stand.

What I find weird about her is that for some reason she only has 4 skills.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

STAC Goat posted:

What I find weird about her is that for some reason she only has 4 skills.

I think she gets an extra passive, like Destroyer.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Her attacks are also based on hp instead of the physical/energy attack stats which is weird. Finally a use for those CTPs of Refinement and I Am Also Groot ISO-8 sets!

Or just clog her up with HP ISOs? Anyone know if it's based on her current hp or her total hp? Cause her 4 skill doesn't heal her, would be lame if it was the former.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Hogama posted:

This Victorious is apparently a brand new character. There's been a few Marvel characters with that name before, but both were male.
I don't know if this means she's supposed to debut in comics soon or if she was an original design for Future Fight.

She just debuted in this week’s Fantastic Four.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Epic Mission stage where you gotta collect stuff from Dimension Rifts suuuuuuuuucks.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

The Epic Mission stage where you gotta collect stuff from Dimension Rifts suuuuuuuuucks.

Just got there. Guess I'm just blowing all my energy on that for the next week.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Of course Stryfe is banned from timeline right as I get him to 60 :negative:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All my usual options are banned (I don't have Stryfe but I also don't find him that difficult to beat). I went with Thor, Strange, and Witch. Autoran so I have no idea how they did or who they faced off against.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pro tip the dimension rift one has the same droprate regardless of what level you run em at. so run em at the lowest one and it should only take a day or two

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

punchymcpunch posted:

pro tip the dimension rift one has the same droprate regardless of what level you run em at. so run em at the lowest one and it should only take a day or two

The problem is you only have a very limited number of Rifts you can run. (Unless you get lucky and a bunch of people have theirs open when you are online.)
I get Victorious to five stars today when the quest resets (then I can six star her with my rank up ticket.) But I'm not looming forward to grinding Dimension Rifts.
The quest for this in the Deadpool quest chain sucked and supposedly this FF chain has a worse drop rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

The problem is you only have a very limited number of Rifts you can run. (Unless you get lucky and a bunch of people have theirs open when you are online.)
I get Victorious to five stars today when the quest resets (then I can six star her with my rank up ticket.) But I'm not looming forward to grinding Dimension Rifts.
The quest for this in the Deadpool quest chain sucked and supposedly this FF chain has a worse drop rate.

It does seem real bad. Got 1 in the past 3 days, running both sets of em.