Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Steven: "Mom was a diamond who invaded Earth. Saw its beauty, and its worth."

Pearl: "We were amazed to find <beat> your beauty and your worth. And we will protect your kind. And we will protect your Earth."

Missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Charlyne Yi has been experimenting with doing art herself
https://twitter.com/charlyne_yi/status/1085765736625188864
https://twitter.com/charlyne_yi/status/1086118179590586368

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Better than me, at least.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ruby by way of Nobuhiro Imagawa.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
It is insane to me that we are two day away from a season finale. A big one at that.

So hyped for new eyecatches

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 19, 2019

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It is insane to me that we are two day away from a season finale. A big one at that.

It's airing Monday night? I thought they were doing Fridays.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

subpar anachronism posted:

It's airing Monday night? I thought they were doing Fridays.

Nope, this whole batch has been Mondays, and this is coming on Jan 21.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Season 5 has been going since 2017, after nearly 2 years it's finally about to end.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
This is a perfect time to do an hour of Peridot and Lapis watching and critiquing Camp Pining Hearts.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

This is a perfect time to do an hour of Peridot and Lapis watching and critiquing Camp Pining Hearts.

I’d actually be 100% ok with this tbh

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
On a scale from likely to very likely, how likely is Green Diamond

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 20, 2019

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Is that graph supposed to be saying that CN's glorious plan of removing most of the TV presence and having people be interested solely through the app has backfired spectacularly?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shitenshi posted:

Is that graph supposed to be saying that CN's glorious plan of removing most of the TV presence and having people be interested solely through the app has backfired spectacularly?

No, because they're not releasing episodes on the app either.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Shitenshi posted:

It means we're getting season 6 with 15 minutes every six weeks, but not regularly. They'll do a bomb of 4 every 7 months.

Edit: by 2024 we'll have 16 more episodes with the next one expected four years later.

Edit2: 21 episodes from now and no unaugmented human will be able to see 2 new episodes in their lifetime.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 20, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Shitenshi posted:

The reason for the separate app categories is purely because both the season 4 finale and the season 5 premier aired earlier on the app than on tv

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Steven: "Mom was a diamond who invaded Earth. Saw its beauty, and its worth."

Pearl: "We were amazed to find <beat> your beauty and your worth. And we will protect your kind. And we will protect your Earth."

Missed that.
The Pearl stuff in the extended theme is really loaded. There is the foreshadowing "If you could only know line what we really are" line, but the revelation of that line also reveals that she's sort of alternating between singing to Steven and singing to Rose. "Your beauty and your worth" applies to Earth and humanity but it also applies to Pink discovering herself. The weird repeating of "We will protect your Earth" also makes a lot more sense when you know the revelation and understand that she's singing to both Rose and Steven. She's repeating the phrase because "Your Earth" means something very different to Rose and Steven.

The little character declarations are also interesting because Amethyst and Garnet use "For" statements while Pearl uses an "in" statement "I will fight in the name of Rose Quartz." But if you swap it out for "I will for the name of Rose Quartz" it also works when you get the revelation.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Y'all oughta suggest more gemmysonas for me to doodle up.

Trinitite
Lizardite
Maw Sit Sit

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's Detroit Agate, thank you very much.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Graduation time.

Edit:

Oh poo poo! The first minute of Change Your Mind has already been leaked: https://youtu.be/qUVpExvUcIU

Gotcha. Pretty great though right? This is a high effort troll. Seriously, props to the person who made this; they're a true artist.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 21, 2019

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This just in: Bismuth makes a terrible knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgdHZqSIO1M

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I knew I forgot something!

Also, it doesn't make a bad knife, it makes a knife so fierce that mortals are not meant to wield it.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

RandomPauI posted:

Also, it doesn't make a bad knife, it makes a knife so fierce that mortals are not meant to wield it.
I can't believe he melted it back down in the end after so much work on it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He returned the demon blade from whence it came, never to threaten cucumbers again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

I can't believe he melted it back down in the end after so much work on it.

Well yeah, it's the fastest way to dispose of the murder weapon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

https://www.twitter.com/dril/status/235218148800991233

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
:siren:HEADS UP: :siren: The audio of at least one of the new songs has already leaked, and the lyrics are spoilerific! So batten down the hatches.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 21, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Graduation time.

Edit:

Oh poo poo! The first minute of Change Your Mind has already been leaked: https://youtu.be/qUVpExvUcIU

Gotcha. Pretty great though right? This is a high effort troll. Seriously, props to the person who made this; they're a true artist.

Steven Universe Season 6: now that steven has cured space facism can he handle........college????

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Excited for this episode, I hope everyone cries gayly

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

EasyEW posted:

:siren:HEADS UP: :siren: The audio of at least one of the new songs has already leaked, and the lyrics are spoilerific! So batten down the hatches.

Three songs, as far as I can tell. One of which is probably spoilery in context, the other two definitely.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
There are like 15 different official/crewniverse poromo images and posters for tonight and each one of them makes me more and more frightened for Our Boy Steven Demayo.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Test Pattern posted:

There are like 15 different official/crewniverse poromo images and posters for tonight and each one of them makes me more and more frightened for Our Boy Steven Demayo.

Especially the animated poster.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

EasyEW posted:

I ain't watching or listening to jack poo poo until the big episode. Thanks for the heads up!

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Madurai posted:

Especially the animated poster.

Especially, but the Farewell Address one posted above has its own ominous finality.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Test Pattern posted:

Especially, but the Farewell Address one posted above has its own ominous finality.

Part of that is probably because it's Hilary's final boarding contribution before getting promoted to storyboard supervisor(...I keep telling myself).

e: \/\/\/ 7pm EST is Midnight UTC, if that helps.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 21, 2019

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
4 hours, right? I dont live in the states so I can't keep up with y'all crazy timezones

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2hrs 20min

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Crewniverse AMA is answering the most pressing questions on Reddit:

The Reddit AMA posted:

"What happens if Lars enter in Lion's mane and try to get out using "Lars side" of the pink dimension?"

"First off, only Steven can enter Lion's mane -- but he can bring others with him. If Steven brought Lars with him through Lion's mane, Lars could travel to his own tree and with Steven's help, put his head through. Lars would enter a void where infinite Larses would be coming out of each other's heads until he pulled his head back out. -RS"

Well, that settles that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Test Pattern posted:

are these compiled in one spot anywhere