Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does anyone else on switch have a bug where the music quits playing in the lobby menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Raposa posted:

that island off the southwest coast of the map has some kind of ice block with a health bar going down.
That island is one of my favorite landing spots since hardly anyone goes there, it's usually got 2-3 chests, loads of wood to farm in safety, it's near the other island that has a plane, and it's got a hidden rift under the hut's floorboards.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Raposa posted:

That one central building in tilted that gets destroyed every season got built up some more, the dungeons in polar peak melted a bit, and that island off the southwest coast of the map has some kind of ice block with a health bar going down.

Oh and of course the block changed again, apparently it's a llama/dragon?

The iceblock actually melted, and all that was there was the same hatch that exists in Wailing Woods. Weird.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does anyone else on switch have a bug where the music quits playing in the lobby menu?

I did have it before the patch, but I did not turn on the Switch since.

As per what I remember from the notes, this patch was supposed to fix it, I think.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It did! I played last night and all was well

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
I've found the secret to winning One Shot. Ideal loadout is 2 balloon slots, portable rifts, bandages, semi-auto sniper. Then wait until the storm gets relatively small and float around as high as possible. People won't know you're up there, and then you can either take them out with pot shots, or wait for the storm to take them out. If you get damaged by the storm, you can bandage in mid-air but you have to be quick because the damage is extra-powerful near the end.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Anyone know a reason besides autism why people build up uncontrollably after winning?

Just had a game in the final 3, guy kills me, my grenade kills him after I die...third party (base skin) wins by default. And then a streamer kill me and himself with his noob tube resulting in the last guy winning.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 17, 2019

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Looks like there's a hero reward for 6 waves of frostnite, something I have yet to try. What's the deal there?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wonder what'll happen with the big rear end orb above the castle. Any other map changes this patch?

The TVs have turned on again, warning of an incoming winter storm or somesuch.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I’m under the impression that BR will be getting another Fortnitemares event, but with snow demons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

codo27 posted:

Anyone know a reason besides autism why people build up uncontrollably after winning?

Yes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

codo27 posted:

Just had a game in the final 3, guy kills me, my grenade kills him after I die...third party (base skin) wins by default. And then a streamer kill me and himself with his noob tube resulting in the last guy winning.

Imagine still using autism as a pejorative in 2019.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

teagone posted:

Imagine still using autism as a pejorative in 2019.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Looks like there's a hero reward for 6 waves of frostnite, something I have yet to try. What's the deal there?

The 1st week was awesome, but a bit too long a time investment. The current version try to have the same experience concentrated in less time.

I has been busy and have not played it yet, but has been described to me has some tough poo poo that will send you home cryiing. The dark souls of tower defenses.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Tei posted:

The 1st week was awesome, but a bit too long a time investment. The current version try to have the same experience concentrated in less time.

I has been busy and have not played it yet, but has been described to me has some tough poo poo that will send you home cryiing. The dark souls of tower defenses.

This week's frostnite challenge is considerably less soul draining than last week's. It's the normal mode but you have to kill a certain number of a specific type of enemy in a wave. There's a mix of husks in each wave but it only counts specific ones. It even seems to differentiate between the different type of lobbers. Either way, I joined a random group and did it in one try. I never managed to find a good group for last week's challenge of continuous attacks.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I was watching a game of football over the weekend, and one of the players threw the ball into the ground after getting a touchdown? What a fuckin' sperg.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Imagine defending child idiots doing sick 90s to celebrate in 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Now they're autistic child idiots? If Fortnite brings you down low enough to insult players flexing on you, take a deep breath and chill. It's only a game my dudes lmao.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why on earth would it bug you to see someone building after they win. Do you also get enraged when someone emotes?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Popero posted:

Imagine defending child idiots doing sick 90s to celebrate in 2019

Imagine being clowned on by idiot children. :thunk:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nullsmack posted:

This week's frostnite challenge is considerably less soul draining than last week's. It's the normal mode but you have to kill a certain number of a specific type of enemy in a wave. There's a mix of husks in each wave but it only counts specific ones. It even seems to differentiate between the different type of lobbers. Either way, I joined a random group and did it in one try. I never managed to find a good group for last week's challenge of continuous attacks.

Sounds... much less stressing that how it was described to me. The internet lied to me again.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Imagine being clowned on by idiot children. :thunk:

I don't have to imagine it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:rip:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Tei posted:

Sounds... much less stressing that how it was described to me. The internet lied to me again.

Maybe not, it occurs to me that you may have been reading about the pl128 challenge where you have to survive 30 waves. I think you get a banner and some tickets for that. The Ice Queen one is the weekly challenge that you only have to survive 6 waves at any pl to get. She's a Striker AC in a custom skin but I keep hearing that she's supposed to get a custom move in the future. The Ice King is a constructor and he's supposed to get a custom move at some point too. Take that with a grain of salt because it's all internet rumors.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Popero posted:

I don't have to imagine it

:same:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nullsmack posted:

Maybe not, it occurs to me that you may have been reading about the pl128 challenge where you have to survive 30 waves. I think you get a banner and some tickets for that. The Ice Queen one is the weekly challenge that you only have to survive 6 waves at any pl to get. She's a Striker AC in a custom skin but I keep hearing that she's supposed to get a custom move in the future. The Ice King is a constructor and he's supposed to get a custom move at some point too. Take that with a grain of salt because it's all internet rumors.

All the new non-base game characters (Steel Wool, Krampus, Cloaked Star, Ice Duo) will supposedly be reworked with the hero update.

Burn Bright was a nightmarishly hard challenge at level 100. Six waves of the new round is simple at 100 and takes a pretty good team at level 128.

Just figure out where the bacon farm is, make trap tunnels, build a six or maybe seven high lobber shield by wave 4. Run a Powerbase Knox with recycling.

Lobbers shield will need repairs because if your base sticks out from underneath it they will throw into your shield to get at that part and then they will start raining death on your main base once they get through that.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 18, 2019

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

All the new non-base game characters (Steel Wool, Krampus, Cloaked Star, Ice Duo) will supposedly be reworked with the hero update.

Burn Bright was a nightmarishly hard challenge at level 100. Six waves of the new round is simple at 100 and takes a pretty good team at level 128.

Just figure out where the bacon farm is, make trap tunnels, build a six or maybe seven high lobber shield by wave 4. Run a Powerbase Knox with recycling.

Lobbers shield will need repairs because if your base sticks out from underneath it they will throw into your shield to get at that part and then they will start raining death on your main base once they get through that.

Yo how do we hook up, Serious Overchill so far has been 100% PVP which I understand but there's gotta be a few goons doing PVE and I have a shield defense level 10 (or 8?) I don't trust pubs with

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Yo how do we hook up, Serious Overchill so far has been 100% PVP which I understand but there's gotta be a few goons doing PVE and I have a shield defense level 10 (or 8?) I don't trust pubs with

What's your Epic? Also I don't trap out SSD's unless someone gives me the materials, can't afford all that metal and herbs. I help out a lot of people with those since there's nothing else to do but each one invariably needs gas traps, wall launchers and floor spikes.

Other than that I'd be happy to.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 18, 2019

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Quote is not edit

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What's your Epic? Also I don't trap out SSD's unless someone gives me the materials, can't afford all that metal and herbs. I help out a lot of people with those since there's nothing else to do but each one invariably needs gas traps, wall launchers and floor spikes.

Other than that I'd be happy to.

I think i have engough traps it's just nice to have some help planning and shoosting. my epic is elendil004

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I think i have engough traps it's just nice to have some help planning and shoosting. my epic is elendil004

I'll add you. I'll be on tomorrow during the day. Is this Twine or Canny?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Still working through canny.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Still working through canny.

Should be fairly straightforward. The last parts of canny can be done with a few gas traps and two Constructor Controllers. If you want to save a bunch of materials level up a Controller Harper or Hazard the 13th to 30 or 40 tonight and I'll get at you tomorrow. Also, do some farming because you'll have to do Canny 8 9 10, Launch the Rocket, and Twine 1 + 2 in very short order.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 18, 2019

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Should be fairly straightforward. The last parts of canny can be done with a few gas traps and two Constructor Controllers. If you want to save a bunch of materials level up a Controller Harper or Hazard the 13th to 30 or 40 tonight and I'll get at you tomorrow. Also, do some farming because you'll have to do Canny 8 9 10, Launch the Rocket, and Twine 1 + 2 in very short order.

I'm working through the quests but I'm not able to get past 30 until I beat some story poo poo.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

I'm working through the quests but I'm not able to get past 30 until I beat some story poo poo.

Ah that's alright. 30 is good, most SSD's can be trivialized by cycling decoys. You can have one up at all times. Saves a HUGE amount of materials but it's not exactly compelling gameplay.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Looks like fortnitemares is back

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Looks like fortnitemares is back

Yep, just recoloured the mobs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They seem to have tweaked the looting too. Very rarely getting anything worthwhile from the spawn nodes themselves, but I've gotten stuff like a rocket launcher, chug jug, etc from just the base mooks.

The little pre event was cool. Liked seeing the map dynamically get snowed in as the storm passed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My entire lobby landed on polar peaks, my dumb self including, so I got murdered seconds after the snow came out. Smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The real hosed up thing is loot lake didn't freeze over. I hate how they introduced the fun sliding stuff and kept it localized entirely to the remnants of Greasy Grove and the viking village.