Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1085922930968584193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Holyyyy poo poo !!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Madmarker posted:

Before, his stand became active at the same time as Holly's

you know Holly's illness is squarely in the spring or summer and yet Josuke's illness at the same time in Morioh is in the middle of a raging snowstorm that man that looks like future Josuke but isnt actually Josuke helps them out in

bizarre

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

curious if this week's ep will have a new op

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the op is called Traitor's Requiem btw

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Expect My Mom posted:

the op is called Traitor's Requiem btw

spoilers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
translating a Japanese word isnt a spoiler imo, it's just a fact. anime watchers in Japan know what uragirimono means

one part 3 op was called END OF THE WORLD

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 17, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

you know Holly's illness is squarely in the spring or summer and yet Josuke's illness at the same time in Morioh is in the middle of a raging snowstorm that man that looks like future Josuke but isnt actually Josuke helps them out in

bizarre

He was bloodied because he was in a stand battle against a guy that made out of season snowstorms.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Gruckles posted:

He was bloodied because he was in a stand battle against a guy that made out of season snowstorms.

"I'll shut this city down, with my stand, 「WHITE CHRISTMAS」!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

exploded mummy posted:

bizarre

Morioh is in the southern hemisphere.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Waffleman_ posted:

Morioh is in the southern hemisphere.

they were also in japan at the beginning of part 3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, but in the northern hemisphere.

The actual answer is that Araki did not think it through.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think whats more surprising is that the first time ive ever heard that particular inconsistency pointed out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The snow, like the color palette, is metaphorical and changes to fit the emotion of the scene

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
You guys are forgetting that the city of Morioh is also a character, in and of itself.

Logically, the reason it was snowing there is because the city had a cold.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

W.T. Fits posted:

You guys are forgetting that the city of Morioh is also a character, in and of itself.

Logically, the reason it was snowing there is because the city had a cold.

or maybe it got sick because someone opened a time vortex

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

exploded mummy posted:

bizarre

Stardust Crusaders takes place in November/December though

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Is it ever explicitly stated that Josuke's illness was because of his stand? What if he just had a really nasty flu?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's basically explicitly stated that it was while Stardust Crusaders was happening, because his fever lasted the exact duration of the journey to Egypt.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

For anyone wondering Daisuke Hasegawa did Great Days and apparently wrote+sang the torture dance song

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I was worried that the new opening wouldn't be able to top the glory that is Fighting Gold, but Great Days is objectively the best. Now this excites me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If they bring my boy TOMMY back for the last OP I'll be happy as a sausage in a bread roll.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just saw this video about "hard magic" as coined by Brandon Sanderson and I know ripple and stands aren't considered "magic" but even though they're loosely enforced they're still more or less rule-based. I remember when I first watched Battle Tendency it reminded me a bit of Fullmetal Alchemist the way they use their powers to change things in clever ways without creating or destroying matter. (the one exception being how hamon kills vampires.) I know ripple is primary based on qi, mainly inspired by Fist of the North Star but I thought it was used a lot differently in Battle Tendency than in then contemporary manga like Dragon Ball.

And stands are like a magic system where each user has their own set of rules. I know some people don't mind but when a stand's abilities are depicted inconsistently, the fights are less satisfying, since it seems like Araki is "breaking the rules" to get a desired outcome and the victory doesn't feel earned.

Thinking back to the brick snake, I think the main issue with that is that it was a multi-step solution with no foreshadowing, nothing went wrong, and it was only explained at the last second. Even if the whole vaccine/antivirus process had been scientifically accurate, it would still fell like an asspull from a narrative perspective. Compare that to the most recent episode where Giorno deduces how The Greatful Dead operates. Before it even begins to take effect we see the characters talking about cold drinks, and after it starts aging people, Giorno figures out how it works using the same information the audience has, so it feels earned. And even then, the problem isn't solved, just diagnosed, but it's better when the audience can see the whole process.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Really, the main thing wrong with Gold Experience is this:

- Star Platinum's limitation, at least as of Part 4, is that it can't stop time very long and it's limited by its simple abilities. There also are some Stands who are faster (Tower of Gray), some Stands that are impervious to damage (Yellow Temperance, Sheer Heart Attack), some Stands that are able to snipe from outside of its attack range (Geb, Ratt), etc.

- Crazy Diamond's limitation is that it can't heal Josuke. It also has the same close range type weaknesses as Star Platinum.

- Gold Experience's limitation, aside from the close range weakness, is... uh... ?

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Oh poo poo, a new opening soon, can't wait!
Loved almost every opening so far, hope this one's gonna be great!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

- Gold Experience's limitation, aside from the close range weakness, is... uh... ?

Physically it's not very strong so Giorno has to improvise to win. Granted this is Jojo so that's not really a weakness.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He drank the pee-pee

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Nessus posted:

He drank the pee-pee

Giorno's next foe glances at his own arm, and the words PEE STAND are carved there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Brofessor Slayton posted:

Giorno's next foe glances at his own arm, and the words PEE STAND are carved there.
Giorno would instantly defeat any urine-based Stand.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nessus posted:

He drank the pee-pee

no it was jellyfish

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Giorno got a real gold experience that day

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What did he do with the pee afterwards? Did he turn the pee back into his tooth or excuse himself to the bathroom and milk it out into the sink?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

When the jellyfish turned back into a tooth the pee disappeared into the stand void

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Pee is stored in the teeth

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kurtofan posted:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Kurtofan posted:

:hmmyes: :biotruths:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nessus posted:

Wouldn't Giorno have more of a legitimate claim to the Joestar wealth, such as it may be, than even Joseph? Technically he's Jonathan's son.

What wealth is left at this point that was Jonathan’s?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

translating a Japanese word isnt a spoiler imo, it's just a fact. anime watchers in Japan know what uragirimono means

one part 3 op was called END OF THE WORLD

I can’t believe that Giorno, the man who declared his intent to murder his boss before even submitting his job application, might actually be a traitor

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RatHat posted:

Physically it's not very strong so Giorno has to improvise to win. Granted this is Jojo so that's not really a weakness.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Nessus posted:

He drank the pee-pee

True.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kurtofan posted:

That's just science.