Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Discendo Vox posted:

please replace with sluggo faces

sure

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

:perfect:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese "Explosive sabotage? We don't know anything about that" says the crew, hastily putting out the last of their smoldering clothes, or Corto is given an offer he can happily refuse, or Let all who do ill know this precedent - "Man may his fate forsee, but not prevent". So of all axioms, this one takes the prize - "'Tis better to be fortunate than wise"

So ends our time with the lunatic Baron. You may not be surprised to hear that his attempt to overthrow the Bolsheviks ended in defeat and his execution after a 6-hour trial in 1921. But Corto's story has not finished just yet... Join us next time, won't you? In...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

The Argyle Sweater

The Buckets

Fred Basset

Judge Parker

Reply All

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

The Argyle Sweater

Hey Alley Oop I found the artifact from 1986

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 26, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 26, 1997)

Garfield Classic (June 26, 1987)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Powered Descent posted:

Five. Lucy charges five cents for psychiatric help. :cripes:

Zakour obviously has an inflation fetish.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

and Scott already stopped his stupid storyline. Boomers, amirite? Dilbert

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm ready for Alley Oop to go back to not existing, this sucks so far.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 26, 1997)

Gene is a good kid.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao at Manuel quietly posting the exact same Compu-Toon three days in a row

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Julet Esqu posted:

Yeah, I had to stop buying wet food for my little dude. I wanted to get him the good stuff because wet is supposed to be better for them and I want to be a good cat mom, but nah. He won't touch wet for more than a couple of days in a row, but he doesn't seem to get tired of dry food.

For what it's worth, my wife is a veterinarian and states the dry food is perfectly fine for cats. We get them Purina Pro Plan - Indoor Formula and they like it quite a bit! Avoid regular Purina and Science Diet and some of the other ones, and obviously avoid anything vegan/vegetarian for cats. But you're not hurting your cat's health by giving it dry food, so do not stress!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

A Problem Like Jamal

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He's just a little shot, he's still good! He's still good!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, I cannot imagine what the Jamal creator's had to put up with.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I also had to read ahead on Jamal after that cliffhanger.

It's gonna be a rough week for the thread.

This kid can't say a word with three syllables correctly but she knows that Lindsay Lohan had substance abuse problems and is eager to shame her for them. gently caress off.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
In the real world, that cop would be on paid suspension while there was an 'investigation' and then promptly go back to work.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns gently caress you, Leroy, Kale is great.

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

just loving murder her, you're already in the murder-is-legal zone of your stupid hosed up world

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

No they’re in the Rabbit Quarter, where murder is not legal. They only dressed it up like the lawless zone.

This comic makes my head hurt.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Green Intern posted:

No they’re in the Rabbit Quarter, where murder is not legal. They only dressed it up like the lawless zone.

This comic makes my head hurt.

but its outside the city, isn't that entirely the murder zone and the sanctuary is like a safe house

e: they loving kidnapped her and could have just driven her to the murder zone instead

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 18, 2019

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
All of you self-spoiling fools are missing out on the angst I get from one Jamal a day.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

The one who's letting himself fall backwards is supposed to trust the other one to catch him not the other way around you goddamn loving idiot.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

davidspackage posted:

All of you self-spoiling fools are missing out on the angst I get from one Jamal a day.

I'm probably going to do one a day for about a week because I think this story is best experienced one at a time and then go back to posting them in blocks until we catch up to the present, which shouldn't be too long.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Samovar posted:

In today's Corto Maltese

:words: and :pictures:

So ends our time with the lunatic Baron. You may not be surprised to hear that his attempt to overthrow the Bolsheviks ended in defeat and his execution after a 6-hour trial in 1921. But Corto's story has not finished just yet... Join us next time, won't you? In...

I may be in the minority here, but would you be willing to maybe switch to posting 2 of these at a time similar to how Modesty Blaise has been posted? I still enjoy these quite a bit but the 4-5 pages a day is starting to feel a bit long and impenetrable, I often read these during short bursts of free time and it's just a lot to take in at once.

Thank you again for posting these! And this is just a dumb request/suggestion, not a demand, so if you have reasons to keep posting as you are or other people prefer it, by all means continue.

Vargo posted:

I'm probably going to do one a day for about a week because I think this story is best experienced one at a time and then go back to posting them in blocks until we catch up to the present, which shouldn't be too long.

You keep doing what you're doing with it - the pacing suits it really well now. And also thank you to everyone who skipped ahead for using spoiler tags when talking about it!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Vargo posted:

Timing is whatever, but why are you putting the strips in spoiler tags? If you're trying to protect people from trauma triggers I'm pretty sure that only really works if you tell them what triggers are present in the spoiler.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

NRVNQSR posted:

Timing is whatever, but why are you putting the strips in spoiler tags? If you're trying to protect people from trauma triggers I'm pretty sure that only really works if you tell them what triggers are present in the spoiler.

Should've been obvious to anyone reading the strip up to that point.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

Should've been obvious to anyone reading the strip up to that point.

Looking back I remembered the spoiler tags starting one day earlier than they actually did, which would have implied "violence against women" when the reality is "violence against children", two very different triggers. Even so, assuming that is the point of the spoilers I would still say it's best practice to be specific in warnings; the situation could have easily changed again and resulted in the Mom getting shot.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 18, 2019

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I get why Jamal isn't in any papers because holy hell the letters to the editor this thing would inspire. But it is a very good comic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I try to go for the pacing that I feel doesn't break up action or story beats, but if people would prefer 2 strips a day, I'm game for that - that sound good to everyone?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 5, 1931)

Peanuts (January 21, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Under the current conditions, I don't think that changing the H-1B program to limit foreign students in it is an unintended consequence. It's like saying that having a full belly is an unintended consequence of Thanksgiving.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 11-12, 1931)

Thimble Theater (August 14, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck (April 30-May 2, 1923)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastry of the Year posted:

lmao at Manuel quietly posting the exact same Compu-Toon three days in a row

Have I? Tbf I'm not looking closely. The last few days I was running short on time and didn't take a close look. Especially with Dilbro being Dilbro.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

I've always found the jump from the purple haired flag girl to, uh, I can't remember what her name is in the GoComics version very jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

NRVNQSR posted:

Honestly, it was just for dramatic effect on these two strips, because they were hotly anticipated and tense. It wasn't intentionally for trauma triggers, but if it served that purpose, that's a bonus. I'll probably stop doing it tomorrow.