Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

GRs are capped at 150 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

i... i never realized you could rearrange the skills on the challenge rift bar.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Is there any analysis or consensus on what Wastes Barbarians will be wise to slot in with the RORG buff? I was thinking maybe Hexing Pants, or you could wear your Mantle of Channeling and put something else in the armor cube slot. I'm not sure, though.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

paid money to post posted:

i... i never realized you could rearrange the skills on the challenge rift bar.

Wait, what? You're not alone.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

With people doing GR150s you kind of wonder what's even the point of having T13 in the game anymore. There probably needs to be a new Torment cap, or at least a scaling rebalance.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

exquisite tea posted:

With people doing GR150s you kind of wonder what's even the point of having T13 in the game anymore. There probably needs to be a new Torment cap, or at least a scaling rebalance.

T13 exists for the majority of the people still playing.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Byolante posted:

T13 exists for the majority of the people still playing.

T13 is equal to GR60, most people breeze past GR70 without trying and end up in GR80+ at speedfarming levels by the end of the season. There's not a whole lot of reason to not at least toss in T15 or so.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Add however many Torments it takes to finally fill in the difficulty selection screen so it stops triggering my OCD whenever I change difficulty!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Might as well create a new selectable difficulty scale that unlocks after completing GR70: Hell difficulties. Have them scale steeper so you don't need 13 of them and make the Drop/XP/Gold% scale slightly higher than the Torment difficulties to incentivize them over rifts and make bounties more enticing besides the mats.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

They're probably eventually going to push the Torment cap up maybe 3 or so more notches.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Scumbag posted:

Might as well create a new selectable difficulty scale that unlocks after completing GR70: Hell difficulties. Have them scale steeper so you don't need 13 of them and make the Drop/XP/Gold% scale slightly higher than the Torment difficulties to incentivize them over rifts and make bounties more enticing besides the mats.

Call it inferno instead.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

T13 is equal to GR60, most people breeze past GR70 without trying and end up in GR80+ at speedfarming levels by the end of the season. There's not a whole lot of reason to not at least toss in T15 or so.

You folks are the only people I know who breeze past GR70. My friends and I are happy to make it to 60 :)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You should be able to sleepwalk through 70 if you get all the set and legendaries you need for your build. Don't even need to reroll them or anything.

It's mainly just knowing what items you're missing and should be trying to gamble for.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finishing 70 with the right orange gear isn’t that hard unless you get a really bad layout/elite abilities.
Finishing them quickly is another story. I’ve squeaked all my barely geared characters past 70 right under the buzzer.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Also I wonder how many players bother to look up builds, or understand the concept of builds. My couple irl friends who play Diablo sometimes love it but have never looked outside of the game for more information. They're happy running t4 a bunch with whatever random poo poo they get.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

This is a very similar line of reasoning to the people complaining that LFR/casual thing du jour is killing wow. The majority of people playing any game aren't reading forums, or watching lord fluffy's latest build guide, or even going to diablofans. They are playing male soldier shepherd and never putting any points into abilities. Elective mode is something you have to activate because left to their own devices a lot of people would equip 3 curses, 2 primary skills and bone armor while rocking full rathmas. It is kinda a feather in D3's cap that they are able to make a game that people with no idea what they are doing are having fun with their friends on a couch while 4 chinese people who play 20 hours a day every day of the year can find enough depth to push all the way to what was supposed to be a theoretical limit.

Adding higher torments would probably be a net negative long term because most people cap out around GR60 and if all the speed running people are up in t16 but you can't solo a rift that high you are just going to go play the new BR game or some dota or whatever and gradually whittle away what is already a small community. I know in Australian prime time towards the end of the season there are maybe 10 people doing t13. if 3 of them stopped playing because they couldn't get to GR85 to unlock the new top torment the AU scene would probably die.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Doesn’t adding more torments just make it harder to find games, unless you’re already both playing with friends and keeping up with your character? If it were me I’d have only 3-6 levels of torment and each would be exponentially harder. You still have rifts to grind regardless of difficulty so diving the game into 20 different difficulty levels seems dumb.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If only 1% of the people who bought D3 were still playing in s16 that would be 300,000 people. You can observe the leaderboards to deduce that only a fraction of the player base ever makes it over GR70 at that most conservative of estimates. The fact that you are posting about D3 on this most outdated format for communication in 2019 is proof that you are in that extremely small fraction of the community.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

Also I wonder how many players bother to look up builds, or understand the concept of builds. My couple irl friends who play Diablo sometimes love it but have never looked outside of the game for more information. They're happy running t4 a bunch with whatever random poo poo they get.

I have friends who hate builds, they want to do it themselves. Yeah they know they aren’t running optimally but at least they are running a character they want to play and not getting frustrated because some piece of the build isn’t dropping.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Excited for S16 to start. Going to run a Wizard this time for variety. Found a build, going to create it tonight when I get home and start things off by running the Tristram event (and hopefully get the achievement for running the whole thing with a brand new character, I want that Butcher pet).

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
How is the season population these days? I haven't played in a few seasons. Will I be able to find a leveling group tonight in LLJK?

How is Nats for a starting set for a DH?

Looking forward to scratching that loot itch.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've been so excited with the class set bonus buffs that I didn't bother reading the general QoL improvements until just now. They're changing GR keystones to go into the materials category, and keychaining legendary potions instead of having them take up inventory space! That's pretty good poo poo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yeah but then they would have to pay someone to make more panels for that little mural on the difficulty menu and Blizzard ain't paying a dime for for new pretty pictures at this point.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

WDs seem fit for small-screen play (does the PC version also have a 'dodge' button?), and my last foray went well so I'm looking forward to 1-70 on the Switch this weekend.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Spacely posted:

How is the season population these days? I haven't played in a few seasons. Will I be able to find a leveling group tonight in LLJK?

How is Nats for a starting set for a DH?

Looking forward to scratching that loot itch.

Nat seems like a super solid start. The n6m4 build is one of the safest characters I have.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Nat's was buffed bigly in the last patch and easily transitions into either N6M4 or LoN. Is good.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Spacely posted:

Should be plenty of people there tonight (although not me, I have another commitment plus I suck at this game). I'm hoping to get powerleveled on Sunday :).

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

WDs seem fit for small-screen play (does the PC version also have a 'dodge' button?), and my last foray went well so I'm looking forward to 1-70 on the Switch this weekend.

PC has no dodge

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Diablo III play time these days is just leveling characters to 70 and then starting over again. Mostly on Switch now. Game is in maintenance mode at this point, and now that we know all future expansion packs and additional classes were canceled, there's not a lot of point in investing a heavy amount of time into the game.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I said come in! posted:

My Diablo III play time these days is just leveling characters to 70 and then starting over again. Mostly on Switch now. Game is in maintenance mode at this point, and now that we know all future expansion packs and additional classes were canceled, there's not a lot of point in investing a heavy amount of time into the game.

Meh, time spent gaming to me isn't an investment. It's throwaway time doing something to relax or trigger dopamine drips in my brain.

Gonna go DH tonight. I haven't played Nat's in some time. Is there a version of RoV that you can cast with just a single button press? I know it's a little more clunky than other skills where you have to specify a target area for most (all?) runes but didn't know if any of them made it simpler so I can just strafe all day long akin to a WW barb.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
My friend picked up D3 on his XBone to play after his kids go to bed. It took him a week to get to level 20 and when he proudly showed me his Barb, he hadn't changed any of his skills from the default and was only using one of them.

I'm pretty sure he represents the average D3 player.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

what's the general goon community? /join lljk says invalid

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fried Watermelon posted:

PC has no dodge

Don't be jealous, the console dodge is literally a cosmetic effect. It doesn't increase movement speed beyond normal walking, and doesn't actually evade projectiles other than acting like you walked out of the way.

Although you can Dodge next to barrels and wooden doors to bust them open which is nice on some builds that don't have a free spam attack.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Helltooth Gargs slaughter all enemies in their path. Then stands impotently in front of a wooden door until Pirahnado comes off cool down.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bamhand posted:

Helltooth Gargs slaughter all enemies in their path. Then stands impotently in front of a wooden door until Pirahnado comes off cool down.

That's exactly the case I'm thinking of.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
should i play wd or monk this season?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Monk has much better level 1 blood shard gambles, but WD has a much better free season set.

Listen to your heart!!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Speaking of WD free set, I have literally never used Arachyr, what does a "just got my 6p and I'm farming for jade poo poo" build look like?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Kyrosiris posted:

Speaking of WD free set, I have literally never used Arachyr, what does a "just got my 6p and I'm farming for jade poo poo" build look like?

Running right up to the faces of poo poo and making a tornado of flaming bats melt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Arachyr Bats is really fun, you can even use some traditional Jadedoc gear for it with the Ring of Emptiness.