Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I feel like we should at least give a nod to the Stanton SCS4DJ which is the grandfather of all these...

It had internal software that'd analyse your tunes, could chuck in a huge USB external underneath and it was cheap as chips... It was released in like 2011?? Way ahead of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I feel like we should at least give a nod to the Stanton SCS4DJ which is the grandfather of all these...

It had internal software that'd analyse your tunes, could chuck in a huge USB external underneath and it was cheap as chips... It was released in like 2011?? Way ahead of the game.

I've never heard nor seen of this, and it being released in 2011 is nuts.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Yeah Stanton was doing some out there stuff, the SCS.1D was basically the original Rane Twelve and they had other bits like the SCS 3 with its weird modular no moving parts controllers.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Not sure if I can post this here but is anyone interested in buying a pair of Pioneer CDJ-850s? The gray ones (not the 850-K which is black). If so just PM me. If I should make an SA Mart thread, mods please let me know.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

qirex posted:

the SCS 3

I'd forgotten about that! Stanton, mad bastards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovi874V6yuY

*edit: They still sell the SCS4DJ and the SCS3!!

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 21, 2019

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Wow, Stanton were really ahead of their time with those controllers.

In related news - it's here!

I've barely had a chance to play around yet (immediately required a firmware update, no surprise there) but the build quality is surprisingly robust - where Pioneer seems to skimp on construction for their cheaper models (like how an XDJ platter doesn't quite feel right compared to a 2000), I can't find any of that here so far. The platters are small, sure, but they feel like CDJ platters - and so too do the play/cue buttons. The hot cue/beat loop buttons are really sensitive (as they should be if you're that kind of DJ), and the pitch faders are nice and long although they do have an indent at +/-0 like some models of CDJ which is not quite my bag.

The only thing that so far has negatively surprised me is the USB ports don't seem to like my HDDs/SSDs. I'm guessing this is a power supply issue. EDIT: Apparently it's a drive format issue; again the dreaded FAT32 format rears its head. This is odd as my OSX Extended-formatted HDDs/SSDs work fine in my CDJ setup, and the sticks I just tested out successfully on the XDJ are also formatted OSX Extended. I asked on the Pioneer forums, waiting for a follow-up, but does anyone know if the 32GB volume size limit imposed by FAT32 is still a real thing, or if ExFAT will work just the same?

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 23, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The RX2 won't work with ExFAT but most formatting tools that aren't the default Windows one can extend a FAT32 partition to something like 2TB. If you're using OSX anyways though HFS+ should also be supported I think, but they might need to get freshly reformatted or something.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thought I would post this here for fun since we have some vinyl DJ's that will probably get a chuckle out of my first attempts at scratching. I have been working on adding scratches to the hip-hop beats I produce to give it some of that old-school boom-bap feel and here is one of my first attempts at layering some scratches over a beat. This is pretty rough and hasn't been mixed or anything, was going for a west-coast vibe on the production.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HZ1aicgKB_4OM2YoOrDZmpWnoftasjup

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 23, 2019

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

So NAMM has been ongoing for 3 hours and zero info on anything pioneer related, guess nothing new this year?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95YqztY_Yw

This thing has some fascinating design choices.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Reports from NAMM are that the new 1200 feels a little cheap, which might be a problem since it's the most expensive DJ turntable on the market.
https://djworx.com/namm-2019-technics-sl1200mk7-oh-boy/
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2019/01/the-new-technics-sl1200-mk-7/

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

qirex posted:

Reports from NAMM are that the new 1200 feels a little cheap, which might be a problem since it's the most expensive DJ turntable on the market.
https://djworx.com/namm-2019-technics-sl1200mk7-oh-boy/
https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2019/01/the-new-technics-sl1200-mk-7/

Yeah I'd rather (and do) have twice as many decked out SL1200's and really nice mixer for the cost of a couple mk7 (not including carts).

Anywho, a while back I promised I would post a thing, and now I am.

Initial impressions: it's good.

The touchscreens are fantastic. All the buttons and physical features of the players and mixer are quality. The Flex-fader is real nice as is the tension adjustment on the platters. The platters themselves are smoooooth. Maybe too much so. They don't have that same 'tactile' feel that CDJ's have and yet they're also not as sensitive as you would think. The performance pads aren't absolutely perfect, but they're still very good. I'd prefer larger, softer, more sensitive pads. These make great buttons, but not the best performance pads.
The PC software is kinda not great and is going to take some getting used to. But it's at least simple.
I've got all 3 devices networked together so that I can share storage between them. But I've managed to freak them out and break them more than I've gotten them to play nice. I have found a few reproducible bugs with regards to loading tracks and ejecting media between devices. I'm also disappointed that the PC ethernet port on the x1800 doesn't seem to do anything (yet). I haven't managed to get the players to completely crash yet, so that's good, but I'm only just beginning to test them.

All in all I think that Denon still has a good ways to go with improving their Engine software, but they're off to a great start and have made a lot of big strides in a very short time. If they continue to develop their platform at the rate they have been, then I will be very happy.

Overall, I'm happy as-is. The value in this setup is definitely penultimate. For the money you certainly can't get this level of quality and performance out of even a used Pioneer setup.

Final thought: It's overkill for a bedroom setup. If I hadn't committed when I did, I'd probably be kicking myself for not preordering the new Prime 4 instead. This setup offers me more flexibility with connecting other devices as well which in the long-run I will definitely need.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 2, 2019

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Anyone here do any Ableton DJing and have any decent tips/plugins/presets to share? I'm switching to it for my college radio show because I'm tired of dealing with the bullshit of DJ software and it gives me the opportunity to learn some new ways to be creative.

I've mostly used Ableton for smaller production jobs in the past so I'm familiar with the fundamentals, and I made a DJ mix last year using it as well so it's not very new to me. Right now I'm primarily working in arrangement mode with 2 main audio lanes each with an EQ8 with high and low shelf filters to get started. Will probably try and make a proper rack later but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Anyways, I'd love any insight or useful tools a grizzled veteran might have.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Haven't used the XDJ-RX I picked up that much yet. Mostly due to my music libraries being a huge unsorted mess, it takes time to build playlists from scratch (lost the drives I used back when I used to play out) :/ Been hammering out some acid and techno stuff over the weekend, and I realize I love the whole kit. What people said about the XDJ-RX in here is more or less correct. Mixing truly is like riding a bike. Might even have a gig coming up this spring :) Gonna see if I can record some stuff soon.

On the topic of ableton mixing: you doing it live or going the "studio musician" path with arrangement? I've done a couple of arranged, non-live mixes in ableton the last few years. My only tip is really to go wild and do stuff you wouldn't manage to pull off with decks. Mixes with more than a track a minute, effects, edits, acappellas and multideck arrangements. I dunno if it's ok to dump mixes in here (the mix thread seems to have died), but here's a couple things done in ableton:
https://soundcloud.com/rmtapes/rm-dance-or-die (a bit of everything that I like in 160bpm)
https://soundcloud.com/rmtapes/holmgang-96 (gabber lol)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Haven't used the XDJ-RX I picked up that much yet

Same, but mostly because I have the DJM setup at home. I played around with it a little though, and I'm really digging the dual waveform display. I wish it had more of the DJM's regular effects but the 'intensity' knob for the inline track effects is clutch - I always thought that HPF/LPF filter was too resonant, and now I can dial that setting right in.

One of my local venues and a home for D&B in this city keeps having trouble with dimwit DJs cranking the system and damaging speakers. As a result of the system being blown a few months ago, some dedicated old guard volunteered their time and money to grab a new PA and dial in the limiter properly; it sounded mint. They also put a lock over the cabinet with the amps and limiter. I just heard that this past weekend, someone defeated the lock, broke into the cabinet and hosed everything up again, possibly damaging the speakers.

The audacity of some people. It's an unfortunate reality of DJ culture, I think, that you're going to run into a lot of dipshits who think they're expert sound guys but don't know the first thing about gain staging. It goes both ways - for every jump-up moron who thinks his poo poo has to be heard at ear-splitting SPL to be fully appreciated, there's someone else who will scoff at you for lighting a red LED once in your set and pretend he heard you aggressively clipping, or someone who doesn't understand what a limiter is supposed to do and decides it needs to be digging out 12dB at anything over 0 on the mixer. Obviously, the first kind of idiot is the worst as he's the one who's actually going to damage systems and needlessly give people hearing damage, but it's all very frustrating.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^ as someone who hand built a PA and took it round venues for gigs, most DJs are loving morons who have no clue about anything sound related. "yeah it's 116db at the back wall and set for +9 on the mixer output so you don't need to be smashing the reds to be heard" *DJ sees it as some sort of challenge* This is why you never let the DJ have control over the room sound via his own mixer, you feed it through a desk and make sure everything is properly gain staged and limited. Every time the DJ got louder the limiter just dropped the output more and held it. It's annoying that you have to train them like idiots but that's mostly what they are.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 5, 2019

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
It is surprisingly hard to get yourself well-acquainted with those pro audio concepts, particularly since experienced DJs usually don't want to waste their time answering newbie questions. I always get a kick out of the idea of the "beginner" DJ subreddit; the experienced DJs don't want the same three questions twelve times a day from people who can't be bothered to read, so the new people are supposed to go there instead and you end up with the blind leading the blind.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Mister Speaker posted:

Same, but mostly because I have the DJM setup at home. I played around with it a little though, and I'm really digging the dual waveform display. I wish it had more of the DJM's regular effects but the 'intensity' knob for the inline track effects is clutch - I always thought that HPF/LPF filter was too resonant, and now I can dial that setting right in.

One of my local venues and a home for D&B in this city keeps having trouble with dimwit DJs cranking the system and damaging speakers. As a result of the system being blown a few months ago, some dedicated old guard volunteered their time and money to grab a new PA and dial in the limiter properly; it sounded mint. They also put a lock over the cabinet with the amps and limiter. I just heard that this past weekend, someone defeated the lock, broke into the cabinet and hosed everything up again, possibly damaging the speakers.

The audacity of some people. It's an unfortunate reality of DJ culture, I think, that you're going to run into a lot of dipshits who think they're expert sound guys but don't know the first thing about gain staging. It goes both ways - for every jump-up moron who thinks his poo poo has to be heard at ear-splitting SPL to be fully appreciated, there's someone else who will scoff at you for lighting a red LED once in your set and pretend he heard you aggressively clipping, or someone who doesn't understand what a limiter is supposed to do and decides it needs to be digging out 12dB at anything over 0 on the mixer. Obviously, the first kind of idiot is the worst as he's the one who's actually going to damage systems and needlessly give people hearing damage, but it's all very frustrating.

What in the actual gently caress?
Were drugs or alcohol involved? I would hope that they know who did it and there is a lawsuit.

NOT YOUR HOUSE. NOT YOUR COUCH. PUT YOUR FEET ON THE loving FLOOR AND RESPECT MY STUFF rear end in a top hat.
I don't care if you're the loving unholy lovechild of Deadmau5, Tiesto, Darude, and Fatboy Slim. If you don't have explicit permission to touch it, THEN YOU CAN gently caress RIGHT OFF YOU NITWIT.

I hope that douchecanoe loses his hearing but instead of a constant ringing he only hears the ubiquitous DJ air horn sound for the rest of his life.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Haven't used the XDJ-RX I picked up that much yet. Mostly due to my music libraries being a huge unsorted mess, it takes time to build playlists from scratch (lost the drives I used back when I used to play out) :/ Been hammering out some acid and techno stuff over the weekend, and I realize I love the whole kit. What people said about the XDJ-RX in here is more or less correct. Mixing truly is like riding a bike. Might even have a gig coming up this spring :) Gonna see if I can record some stuff soon.

On the topic of ableton mixing: you doing it live or going the "studio musician" path with arrangement? I've done a couple of arranged, non-live mixes in ableton the last few years. My only tip is really to go wild and do stuff you wouldn't manage to pull off with decks. Mixes with more than a track a minute, effects, edits, acappellas and multideck arrangements. I dunno if it's ok to dump mixes in here (the mix thread seems to have died), but here's a couple things done in ableton:
https://soundcloud.com/rmtapes/rm-dance-or-die (a bit of everything that I like in 160bpm)
https://soundcloud.com/rmtapes/holmgang-96 (gabber lol)

I'm mostly going with arrangement right now, and yeah part of the motivation is to try some stuff I can't do using decks. I'll definitely check those mixes out because I need some inspiration to break out of the traditional DJing mindset I'm stuck in when arranging clips.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

skull mask mcgee posted:

I'm mostly going with arrangement right now, and yeah part of the motivation is to try some stuff I can't do using decks. I'll definitely check those mixes out because I need some inspiration to break out of the traditional DJing mindset I'm stuck in when arranging clips.
There's a lot of traditional blends in those mixes, but for example in the part between around 11-13 min or 19-24 min in the dance or die mix, there's some long multideck blends I was quite happy with. Slap vocals or acappellas and whatnot on other tracks. At no point is there only a single track playing that second 5 min stretch. In the holmgang mix, I mostly just edited tracks for smoother blends, chopped them up and rearranged various sections to better fit the mix. Some multideck blends in it around 25 min for example

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ok stupid question; in Serato if I need to pick up a record and clean or replace a needle, how do I keep the DVS going?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

revmoo posted:

Ok stupid question; in Serato if I need to pick up a record and clean or replace a needle, how do I keep the DVS going?

Turn on internal mode for the deck in question.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Do I have to use the f-key shortcuts or is there a better way?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
A couple of decades ago, I owned 4 1200's, a handful of mixers, and a legit huge collection of vinyl. I ended up getting married & selling all the equipment and bequeathing all of my vinyl to Greenleaf (if you like D&B, you probably know him). Years later, after listening to one too many mixes, I had to scratch the itch again.

This thing just landed today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAuW6pj_jWI

I'm pretty happy.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

C2C - 2.0 posted:

A couple of decades ago, I owned 4 1200's, a handful of mixers, and a legit huge collection of vinyl. I ended up getting married & selling all the equipment and bequeathing all of my vinyl to Greenleaf (if you like D&B, you probably know him). Years later, after listening to one too many mixes, I had to scratch the itch again.

I'm pretty happy.

That looks like a righteous setup. I love my NS6 II. How do the platters on that feel?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Then put the needle back on and make sure you switch to relative mode not ABS

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That looks like a righteous setup. I love my NS6 II. How do the platters on that feel?

With the torque on high, not too dissimilar from direct-droves. The smaller size is taking some getting used to as well as using the side of the platter to nudge tracks forward. I'm used to either using the spindle or the top of the platter. It's way too sensitive for that in TT mode. The workaround is I'm using the pitch adjust buttons while riding the pitch fader.

Dragging the side of the platter seems fine for slowing a track though.

EDIT: I also can't figure out how to trigger loops from the controller that I created in Serato's offline player. What little documentation I've read, the Auto-Loop/Loop pad feature is meant to be used to set loops in Serato using the controller itself.

C2C - 2.0 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 10, 2019

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Edit: never mind! I found the issue and it was on my end. A sync setting got changed on one of my computers and screwed things up.

Has anyone been playing around with Serato's Tidal integration? I gave it a shot this weekend (just at home, obviously) and it's kinda fun, but I have an issue with it and my workflow:

I have two computers I DJ from - an old MacBook that is tied to my at-home/bedroom gear, and a newer one that is my mobile gigging laptop. For years I have run a sync program (resilio sync, formerly BitTorrent sync) to sync my library and Serato settings (the folder on drive with my music, as well as the one in my user folder). This lets me keep the exact same tracks and beatgrid/cue points/flips/whatever on both machines. However, it doesn't seem to work with the Tidal integration.

Does anyone else do something similar to this? Is it working for you? Or is this just not possible yet with the new streaming integration?

Edit: never mind! I found the issue and it was on my end. A sync setting got changed on one of my computers and screwed things up.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 12, 2019

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

I have two computers I DJ from - an old MacBook that is tied to my at-home/bedroom gear, and a newer one that is my mobile gigging laptop. For years I have run a sync program (resilio sync, formerly BitTorrent sync) to sync my library and Serato settings (the folder on drive with my music, as well as the one in my user folder). This lets me keep the exact same tracks and beatgrid/cue points/flips/whatever on both machines. However, it doesn't seem to work with the Tidal integration.

I'm not really into the streaming integration side of things,but I have to say this part has got me really curious. You may have seen my posts earlier ITT about my endless quest to sync my DJ libraries and databases across three computers in both Traktor and Rekordbox. This utility you're using, would it work for these purposes? I'm on a Mac, if it makes a difference.

As for streaming sync and cloud storage, it'd be nice but I'm kind of a luddite in that respect and would prefer to have my files on me.

In related news, my quest for an acceptable Ethernet switch that can network my computers and entertainment centre and also my DJ gear continues. I bought a LinkSys unit and plugged everything into it; I get internet no problem but the CDJs just do not cooperate with it - load times are aeons and I'm experiencing for the first time Pioneer's wonderful (not) EMERGENCY LOOP mode. I'm probably just going to go back to an isolated switch for the Dj gear but it'd be really nice to have my computers available via Rekordbox sync as well.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I'm pretty happy.

I miss the days of just the soft red light of the 1200s barely lighting up the corner of the room with the blinking of the master channels.

This is like looking at NORAD.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

You may have seen my posts earlier ITT about my endless quest to sync my DJ libraries and databases across three computers in both Traktor and Rekordbox. This utility you're using, would it work for these purposes? I'm on a Mac, if it makes a difference.

Yeah, wish I had a good solution there..
this utility works really well for syncing within a particular library / piece of software. I basically just use it to keep my Serato library folders identical between machines - but that won’t help at all for moving between different dj software, unfortunately.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Hm, that's not so bad actually - I already use RekordBuddy to sync Rekordbox to Traktor. I'm going to look into Resilio Sync, thanks very much! <3

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

geeves posted:

I miss the days of just the soft red light of the 1200s barely lighting up the corner of the room with the blinking of the master channels.

This is like looking at NORAD.

Ha! It does feel a bit overwhelming, but I used to be able to cop 1200's (new) for $250-300 per. These days not so much.

:smith:

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm not really into the streaming integration side of things,but I have to say this part has got me really curious. You may have seen my posts earlier ITT about my endless quest to sync my DJ libraries and databases across three computers in both Traktor and Rekordbox. This utility you're using, would it work for these purposes? I'm on a Mac, if it makes a difference.

As for streaming sync and cloud storage, it'd be nice but I'm kind of a luddite in that respect and would prefer to have my files on me.

In related news, my quest for an acceptable Ethernet switch that can network my computers and entertainment centre and also my DJ gear continues. I bought a LinkSys unit and plugged everything into it; I get internet no problem but the CDJs just do not cooperate with it - load times are aeons and I'm experiencing for the first time Pioneer's wonderful (not) EMERGENCY LOOP mode. I'm probably just going to go back to an isolated switch for the Dj gear but it'd be really nice to have my computers available via Rekordbox sync as well.

CDJs are not meant to be on real networks like that. They simulate their own ad-hoc network when plugged in. If you only have two, just link them directly to each other with an Ethernet cable. If you have more than two, put them on their own isolated switch and not one that handles “real” network traffic

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Right, I figured as much from the pioneerdj forum responses, but they do communicate with computers running Rekordbox on the same switch - even my 1st-gen 2000s show my computers under their LINK tab. Before I had a second pair, the five-port switch connected the DJM/2xCDJ with my two laptops and worked just fine. I'm wondering then if setting up a private VLAN on a larger switch would work - of course this requires a managed switch, right? Which the pioneerdj guys said is a no-no. I'll probably just get a separate eight-port switch for the DJ gear + three computers and pull the computers if the crosstalk buggers things up again.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Little things I already miss after making the switch to the Denons From the NS6 II:
Double-tapping the load on one deck to load whatever track is playing on the other at the same point. It makes juggling 4 decks SO much easier and allows me to do cool stuff like beat juggle that track on the fly without cue points.
Also, why the heck does no other hardware or software besides Serato have a track eject/unload feature? I mean I guess it's not essential but it does sort of bother me.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

(Words about my synced Serato library setup.)

Never mind! I found the issue and it was on my end. A sync setting got changed on one of my computers and screwed things up.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Theres a guy selling two brand new in the box xdj-1000s for $1200 total, but they are mk1s...really debating getting these despite how much is missing from the mk2 model, but selling my RX would cover almost all of that. Anyone happy with the mk1s?

Part of me is also thinking this will be like when I bought my rx (used at a great price, but still...) and two months later the RX2 released. Watch me buy these and the mk3 comes out in may.

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 12, 2019

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Fenarisk posted:

Theres a guy selling two brand new in the box xdj-1000s for $1200 total, but they are mk1s...really debating getting these despite how much is missing from the mk2 model, but selling my RX would cover almost all of that. Anyone happy with the mk1s?

Part of me is also thinking this will be like when I bought my rx (used at a great price, but still...) and two months later the RX2 released. Watch me buy these and the mk3 comes out in may.

yeah but if you don't take a loss since you can flip them in a couple months for what you paid for them, then what's the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I'm glad i waited and didn't pull the trigger on the 1000s...just picked up a gigbar 2 and two mackie thump 15s with stands all mint looking for $500 total. I'm pretty sure the chick selling it was making money off an ex or soon to be ex boyfriend but thems the breaks! :v: