Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Pre-loading AC7 while I'm in class :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also if you preorder on xbone you get ac6 instead of ac5

lmao loving owned go dance with the angels, mister!.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 17, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9k3IiFu88

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
cant give a gently caress about any mortal kombat anything that doesnt have this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
its no ace combat but i just recorded this bit and it was actually really fun playing it even if it doesnt look like much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF6KPjRufXg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nice lawn dart dude

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
pretty sure after the missile hit I had no tail left lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ace combat 7 owns

multiplayer is very fun btw

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods changed my name posted:

pretty sure after the missile hit I had no tail left lol

I'm surprised you made it as far as you did while you were on fire

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
the frogfoot is a mother loving beast when it comes to taking hits

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

DCS really makes me want to buy a gaming PC and a VR headset.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I've been considering VR myself, but I think at this point I'll just wait and see what the next iteration of headsets is like before I take the plunge

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm still not convinced VR isn't a lovely gimmick. Flight games and like a few others might be the only exceptions. Hard pass for probably another 5 years for me.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Vasudus posted:

I'm still not convinced VR isn't a lovely gimmick. Flight games and like a few others might be the only exceptions. Hard pass for probably another 5 years for me.

Same. Only a really well MechWarrior game would do it for me. A VR shooter or flight sim would have me vomiting all over the place.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
VR Racing and flight sims are worth it. Google Tilt Brush is an interesting experience. The VR game gimmicks that steam has a ton of aren't too great thought.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've kind of decided that room scale is way too much of a pain in the rear end to deal with so I greatly appreciate any VR game that just lets me sit in my chair. Unless I decide to remove a couple ceiling fans it's an inevitability that I'm going to wind up with a hand full of glass shards due to Gorn or something.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

The Rat posted:

A VR shooter or flight sim would have me vomiting all over the place.

see, thats kind of my concern too

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I can't even play most first person shooters anymore without getting motion sick. Especially when I can't widen the FOV setting. Now I stick to managerial tactical games like Battletech and XCOM instead. It's like I got promoted out of grunt level!

The Rat fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 18, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, I'm not going to buy one any time soon but it'll be interesting to see when we get super high res VR headsets. I have a 50" 4k TV that I sit 6 feet away from to play XBox One X, works for me.

The only VR I've tried was a 1st gen prototype Occulus or lovely Google Cardboard stuff. The VR effect is cool as hell, but it needs refinement (higher res + better GPUs to drive them).

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I can only recommend trying it a few times. Been in some arcade places that pop up everywhere and sell vr sessions and it really changed my view of that technology, just to experience it myself and see what kind of immersion, even in bad games, is achieved.

However, getting one now isn't really a good idea as new stuff is going to be released in 2019 and it might be worth the wait. Also a factor is that pc vr comes with a whole chain reaction of poo poo you need additionally.
Even though I'd prefer it'd be different , but console VR looks like the best choice for now. Buy one, plus VR stuff and just play without spending 2000 bucks on more gear that you need to optimize stuff.

Except when Switch VR comes out. I can't wait to play Smash in first person VR.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm telling you that DCS with a good HOTAS and VR is loving incredible.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for simulation spheres that'll make nerds run for miles in an expensive hamster ball to take an objective or win a battle royale

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
im waiting for this

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

Can't wait for simulation spheres that'll make nerds run for miles in an expensive hamster ball to take an objective or win a battle royale

I mean that'll be pretty awesome for FPS games or open world stuff.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i have an extremely stupid idea to run an call of chthull tabletop rpg on the discord for you fuckers.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

i have an extremely stupid idea to run an call of chthull tabletop rpg on the discord for you fuckers.

Go on

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoktorLoken posted:

I mean that'll be pretty awesome for FPS games or open world stuff.

Better yet, Titanfall 12 with some suspension system fuckery

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

I’m down

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gotta give my some time while i research a lil bit, run a one shot campaing and see what kind of depraved poo poo you guys want.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i put on my robe and wizard hat

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB posted:

i put on my robe and wizard hat

*rolld die*

Your foolish actions somehow stir the blind idiot god Azathoth awake, thankfully only you are erased from existance as you where the only thing that stirred the unthingking, idiot god's sleep.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
AC 7 is a blast so far. My only real gripe has been with SAAMs and how it's oddly more difficult to keep a target in the cone than it is even playing grognard stuff like DCS. Then again, I'm using "expert" controls and a ps4 controller, whereas I use a HOTAS for DCS. I'm enjoying slumming around in F-4s and F-104s while my wingmen are rocking Mig-29s, Superhornets, etc.

ElMaligno posted:

Do it. I started running a tabletop RPG for some people a little bit ago when I had leave I had to burn, and I have absolutely no regrets. It's been a fuckin' hoot.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

ElMaligno posted:

I listened to the one Chapo did recently, and it seemed pretty fun and dumb.

Re: VR chat. I bought the PSVR headset, bought a bunch of games for it, played with it for a week and haven’t touched it since.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://streamable.com/t6qun

:lol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ElMaligno posted:

I would like to know more

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I would like to know more

Herr Oberstleutnant W.K. of the 1st SS Occult Division posted:

Ich habe dir schon alles gesagt, was ich weiß! Wir werden alle von AZATHOTH konsumiert! UNSERE GROSSE DEUTSCHE NATION WIRD ABER GEMACHT, ABER WENN DIESE BEDEUTUNG HAT, DASS SIE NIE WOLLEN, DASS SIE NIEMALS BESTEHEN KÖNNEN, SO IST ES !!!

(this is completely made up and bullshit, i just wanted to use the imagebreeder)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
WARNING
WARNING

CLASS 3 COGNITOHAZARD DETECTED

WARNING
WARNING

AUTOIMMUNE THREAD SANITIZATON PROCEDURE WILL BE ENACTED PLEASE COOPERATE WITH ALL EMERGENCY RESPONSE PERSONNEL.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
where do i go to make a dude or am I supposed to have a book or whatever I'm already shopping for my costume for the larp

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Less SCP and more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TgylZgvlk&t=173s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mods changed my name posted:

where do i go to make a dude or am I supposed to have a book or whatever I'm already shopping for my costume for the larp

https://www.chaosium.com/content/FreePDFs/CoC/CHA23131%20Call%20of%20Cthulhu%207th%20Edition%20Quick-Start%20Rules.pdf