Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Priapus Unbound posted:

Our very focused president is meeting with a North Korean envoy in the White House right now. I'm so happy to be represented by a competent and stable individual.

Hm. What are they meeting about?

https://twitter.com/StrangeAnimaIs/status/1011651705426112513

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

mango sentinel posted:

No the whole reason Pence is VP is that Manafort hand picked him and went to great lengths to orchestrate a situation where Trump was on board with it. No way is he outside any of this.

Can I meet you in the middle and say “Mike Pence is a huge gently caress-up that ruined Indiana and had no chance for re-election so Manafort, knowing Pence’s desperation, hand picked him and went to great lengths to orchestrate a situation where Trump was on board with it. No way is he outside any of this.” Because I agree with you that Pence is definitely dirty.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

OAquinas posted:

If he breaks 35% then he's in trouble.

I am not nothingmattersing here, but he won't. I would be very surprised if he falls below 38%

Last year there were several in the thread who stated that 37% is his floor and I think that's correct.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ripoff posted:

Can I meet you in the middle and say “Mike Pence is a huge gently caress-up that ruined Indiana and had no chance for re-election so Manafort, knowing Pence’s desperation, hand picked him and went to great lengths to orchestrate a situation where Trump was on board with it. No way is he outside any of this.” Because I agree with you that Pence is definitely dirty.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Pence to be dirty. But if he is, that means he's the one member in this entire administration smart enough to hide his misdeeds.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Unzip and Attack posted:

I am not nothingmattersing here, but he won't. I would be very surprised if he falls below 38%

Last year there were several in the thread who stated that 37% is his floor and I think that's correct.

I'd say rather that if he goes below 36% that's the official Mattering.

Theoretically it's possible but if it happens he's losing his base

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

I read the other day they're trying to set up another summit. Trump's probably pretty desperate for a friend right now.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Crow Jane posted:

I read the other day they're trying to set up another summit.

The frogs are?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

I read the other day they're trying to set up another summit. Trump's probably pretty desperate for a friend right now.

He's probably trying to find common ground over troubled southern borders right now.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

This one's a neat one, she applied for asylum to the US saying she had compromising information showing ties between oligarchs and election meddling but was denied

she is probably being beaten and tortured as we speak if not dead yet

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Kaine's a politician and "I'm pro-life but I don't believe in forcing my beliefs on others" is a politician's stance. It's inherently contradictory, especially if you adhere to the belief that abortion is, in fact, murder.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he didn't push anti-choice poo poo in Virginia as Governor, but that was and still is how politicians straddle the fence on abortion.

I take issue with this reasoning. Pacifists don't have to view soldiers as murderers. Choosing not to commit an act for ethical reasons doesn't mean one has to assign the most extreme categorization to that act.

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?

enraged_camel posted:

i met a guy at the gym yesterday and we started talking. he said he was flying to california the next day (today).

i said, "oh man, try to get to the airport several hours early, you never know how crazy the lines might get"

he was like "what lines?"

and then he proceeded to reveal that he wasn't aware of the government shutdown, and he had heard something about it on some comedian's skit and thought it was a joke

made me realize just how hopeless this country is

:shepicide:

Hahah holy poo poo. I mean I know there's the "non political" types out there who really just don't give a poo poo (and thus usually don't know much) about civics, but that's some serious next level "living under a rock" type obliviousness.

I'm almost loving jealous. Sometimes when everything that's happened (and is currently happening) hits me all at once, I wish I could be that joyfully oblivious to so much of the past two years. Or at least have the ability to take like week long mental vacations where I'm oblivious.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

There are 37 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 37 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon spite, who believe that they are victims, who believe the media has a responsibility to coddle them, who believe that they are entitled to a wall, to guns, to a white ethnostate, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The frogs are?

Everything's coming up milkfrog

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'd say rather that if he goes below 36% that's the official Mattering.

Theoretically it's possible but if it happens he's losing his base

IMO it's all about a trend forming. If he dips to 34% then rises back up in a few weeks then it really didn't matter. Nixon's approval ratings trended downward pretty much the entire duration of Watergate. Trump's been involved in a more-serious-than-Watergate scandal for 2 years and he's remained steady.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Oh god I just want to snuggle it and then die from whatever neurotoxin it probably secretes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Simplex posted:

These tweets aren't written by Donald, and are just whatever poo poo they had in the pipeline to talk about today.

This. The vast majority of Trump's tweets at this point aren't Trump.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Priapus Unbound posted:

He's probably trying to find common ground over troubled southern borders right now.

They probably just mostly exchange hair tips

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

e: nm

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

I'm not saying it's impossible for Pence to be dirty. But if he is, that means he's the one member in this entire administration smart enough to hide his misdeeds.

Pence is only clean in that horses can't testify

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1086297945660682247

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1086318784862973952

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Oh god someone told all the olds to hire better social media interns ahhhhhhhhhh.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Pence is probably dirty on some Flynn stuff but that stuff is a little more obscure and seemingly less serious that anything Trump is involved in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

heyitsamanda posted:

Hahah holy poo poo. I mean I know there's the "non political" types out there who really just don't give a poo poo (and thus usually don't know much) about civics, but that's some serious next level "living under a rock" type obliviousness.

Just after the 2016 election someone (Chris Hayes?) posted an article where he went looking for the most politically detached people he could find, and would up with subjects who for example didn't understand that voting could affect their health care. I guess that poster found one of them in the wild. Congratulations?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/1086305392903229440

haveblue posted:

Just after the 2016 election someone (Chris Hayes?) posted an article where he went looking for the most politically detached people he could find, and would up with subjects who for example didn't understand that voting could affect their health care. I guess that poster found one of them in the wild. Congratulations?

quote:

These questions, too, more often than not yielded bewilderment. As far as I could tell, the problem wasn't the word "issue"; it was a fundamental lack of understanding of what constituted the broad category of the "political." The undecideds I spoke to didn't seem to have any intuitive grasp of what kinds of grievances qualify as political grievances. Often, once I would engage undecided voters, they would list concerns, such as the rising cost of health care; but when I would tell them that Kerry had a plan to lower health-care premiums, they would respond in disbelief--not in disbelief that he had a plan, but that the cost of health care was a political issue. It was as if you were telling them that Kerry was promising to extend summer into December.

https://chrishayes.org/articles/decision-makers/

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 18, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Congress would be vastly improved if every congressperson was assigned a dog who always accompanied them in the capitol

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Congress would be vastly improved if every congressperson was a dog

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Congress would be vastly improved if every congressperson was assigned a dog who always accompanied them in the capitol

That would require the majority of them to not be soulless narcissists, but you are still correct.

Doesn't Mike Pence send his advance team to clear any dogs away from anywhere he appears? That alone should disqualify you for any office.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Crow Jane posted:

Someone call the guy from The Good Place. He loves frogs.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Dogs in the house, cats in the senate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

Angry, rabid dogs, held back on leashes by staff classified as nonessential.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

Dogs in the house, cats in the senate.

Cats belong on the Supreme Court, they're very judgmental.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

This clip is from a dumb gotcha video from almost three years ago.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh god someone told all the olds to hire better social media interns ahhhhhhhhhh.

trying to figure out which corp they poached them from: wendy's or moonpie

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

How does Ben Shapiro have wannabes? Dude should live in a school locker...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1086327499808620545

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What other big breaks has Buzzfeed had beyond this perjury stuff? It's hard to keep track of what came from where and an associate of mine doesn't believe Buzzfeed is capable of news.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What other big breaks has Buzzfeed had beyond this perjury stuff? It's hard to keep track of what came from where and an associate of mine doesn't believe Buzzfeed is capable of news.

The Steele Dossier for one

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump insulting cute dogs would lower his approval rating more than almost anything else

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Priapus Unbound posted:

This clip is from a dumb gotcha video from almost three years ago.

Jacobin is composed of mostly terminally online super nerds so this is about the level of meme you should expect from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

They literally broke the steele dossier