Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kyrosiris posted:

Speaking of WD free set, I have literally never used Arachyr, what does a "just got my 6p and I'm farming for jade poo poo" build look like?

Whoops, I thought this season was Jade. But regardless! Icy veins has a "Fresh 70" build for each class, including a Fresh 70 with free season set but no additional legendaries.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-4-season-16#sec-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whoops, I thought this season was Jade. But regardless! Icy veins has a "Fresh 70" build for each class, including a Fresh 70 with free season set but no additional legendaries.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-4-season-16#sec-5

Oh dope, that wasn't updated when I looked yesterday. Yeah, their fresh 70 stuff is always really good if I've never tried a set before.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Suburban Dad posted:

Level 1 gambling suggestions in the order that I'd do them for anybody that might be wondering what to spend those CR shards on.

DH: hellcat, Pox fauld pants, leoric's crown
Barb: bracers (either is good for leveling), pox faulds, leoric's crown
Wiz: kill yourself, then Pox or leoric's
WD: Gazing Demise/Pox
Monk: bracers (any are ok), then boots for Rivera dancers
Crusader: Shield for Denial, then Pox faulds
Necro: Gloves for grasp of essence, then pox faulds. I think the ring is too risky to try and get, chances aren't great with limited shards, IMO. But the reward is pretty decent so, YMMV.

Pox faulds and leorics are interchangeable to me really since the gems are so lovely at low levels. There may be better options after level 1, so check out this if you want to play around and see.

https://www.d3planner.com/game/51663/kadala

Quoting myself for level 1 gambles. I don't enough has changed to make this outdated.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's the benefit of gambling at level 1?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

You can get certain items that will double or more your damage at low levels

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What items you can get depend on level. And certain items that give you a massive damage boost are guaranteed if you get them at level 1. So you can then cube them and do quad damage as you level to 70.

Guaranteed as in, if you gamble and get a legendary of a specific type, it can only roll that one item.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What's the benefit of gambling at level 1?

Now that Challenge Rifts exist, you can make your seasonal character, beat the challenge rift, and receive 400 blood shards.

Enough to have overwhelmingly high chances of getting 1 or 2 legendaries from kadala

At level 1, you can gamble in certain slots and know that if you get a legendary, it'll be a specific, outrageously powerful legendary.

At level 1!!!

Like monks can get boots that make their lashing tail kick do 250% more damage

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Now that Challenge Rifts exist, you can make your seasonal character, beat the challenge rift, and receive 400 blood shards.

Enough to have overwhelmingly high chances of getting 1 or 2 legendaries from kadala

At level 1, you can gamble in certain slots and know that if you get a legendary, it'll be a specific, outrageously powerful legendary.

At level 1!!!

Like monks can get boots that make their lashing tail kick do 250% more damage

Cool. What should I gamble for a Necromancer?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm not even going to worry about challenge rift this time, just get right to it. Wiz running mostly on disintegration once I level into it barely needs much more than the glass cannon perk to coast reliably to 70.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

5er posted:

I'm not even going to worry about challenge rift this time, just get right to it. Wiz running mostly on disintegration once I level into it barely needs much more than the glass cannon perk to coast reliably to 70.

You should still do the CR for the hour's worth of bounty materials and the massive pile of gold and deff breffs!!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
EU Challenge Rift is nominatively challenged this week.
You could probably go and make a sandwich and finish it in time, it's so easy.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

If you die in a challenge rift, do you die in real life? (asking for hardcore players (me))

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Easy Diff posted:

If you die in a challenge rift, do you die in real life? (asking for hardcore players (me))

Given that you’re not on “your” character I assume not, but that would be a hilarious gently caress you if dying in a CR meant the game went and killed any HC characters on your account

5er
Jun 1, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You should still do the CR for the hour's worth of bounty materials and the massive pile of gold and deff breffs!!

That's about the only compelling reason, but with the set piece buffs, getting up to gear for turbofucking T13 for all your db / gold / mat needs, it still seems trivial.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Easy Diff posted:

You don't.
Just as well, with some of the wet tissue paper builds you get.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

5er posted:

That's about the only compelling reason, but with the set piece buffs, getting up to gear for turbofucking T13 for all your db / gold / mat needs, it still seems trivial.

It's a massive fortune for a level 1 character though! Having early access to gold and death breath lets you upgrade your blacksmith to max, meaning you can roll a lv70 weapon with a -level requirement and be clearing torment 1 at level 45

Which means going from 1 to 70 faster!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kingturnip posted:

You don't.
Just as well, with some of the wet tissue paper builds you get.

It'll spit you out of the portal with 1 hp, so make sure you play on Easy and clear the area surrounding the portal.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Easy Diff posted:

When you die in a challenge rift the blizz employee that maintains D3 sheds a single tear and then deletes your b.net account

5er
Jun 1, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a massive fortune for a level 1 character though! Having early access to gold and death breath lets you upgrade your blacksmith to max, meaning you can roll a lv70 weapon with a -level requirement and be clearing torment 1 at level 45

Which means going from 1 to 70 faster!

1 to 70 is done by me with rifts. Rifts don't drop blacksmith recipes that really make blowing money on crafting items worthwhile. I'm not just trying to be contrary; I feel that I get to and through Seasonal Ch.4 by pounding at rifts and just catering to the bonuses that whatever sundry drops give me.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

5er posted:

1 to 70 is done by me with rifts. Rifts don't drop blacksmith recipes that really make blowing money on crafting items worthwhile. I'm not just trying to be contrary; I feel that I get to and through Seasonal Ch.4 by pounding at rifts and just catering to the bonuses that whatever sundry drops give me.

They're talking about crafting basic yellow level 70 weapons significantly early (as low as 40 if you're lucky). It's a huge power spike.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So since this is my second season (and I was only active for the last few weeks of the first), I've got a few questions to ask.

I did a few Nephalim Rifts, but didn't touch the Greater or Challenge Rifts. Where do I go to do the challenge rift? Is it just in town? Previous posts suggest otherwise.

Didn't really touch Gambling either, but I'll figure that out when i get to it.

When you guys are talking about adding a -levels enchantment to gear, I assume you're referring to re-rolling at the Enchanter. Given that I haven't seen that come up on an item yet, what should I be rerolling to find it.

Edit: Also I rolled solo last time, how do I get into the cool goons group?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Quoting myself for level 1 gambles. I don't enough has changed to make this outdated.

I plan to wait till 27 for manald heal as a drop.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RickVoid posted:

So since this is my second season (and I was only active for the last few weeks of the first), I've got a few questions to ask.

I did a few Nephalim Rifts, but didn't touch the Greater or Challenge Rifts. Where do I go to do the challenge rift? Is it just in town? Previous posts suggest otherwise.

Didn't really touch Gambling either, but I'll figure that out when i get to it.

When you guys are talking about adding a -levels enchantment to gear, I assume you're referring to re-rolling at the Enchanter. Given that I haven't seen that come up on an item yet, what should I be rerolling to find it.

Challenge rift is something you select from the game type, under "Adventure"

Gambling is the only use for blood shards so there's no reason not to do it, just talk to Kadala in town in adventure mode

When you talk to the enchanter, there should be an option to see "what can this stat reroll into" and one of them should have -levels as an option

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GTJustin posted:

I plan to wait till 27 for manald heal as a drop.

No, you follow step 1 for wiz

Suburban Dad posted:

Wiz: kill yourself

RickVoid posted:

Edit: Also I rolled solo last time, how do I get into the cool goons group?

It's a secondary affix. They're usually the last 2 things on an item.

Join the LLJK community. There's no clan or approval needed, that's where goonchat happens.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 18, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

5er posted:

:psyduck:

My guy I don't want to sound like I'm getting heated, but the introduction of Challenge Rifts is almost as big a boost to Seasonal Power progression as when they added Haedrig's Gift set.

Don't do the 6 minute time commitment if you don't want to, but it's.... extreme, lol.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

RickVoid posted:

It's a secondary stat, and it's easiest to find on a weapon that has a status effect on hit (because that removes the rest of them from the very large roll pool).

You also balance between making a bunch of weapons and rerolling a couple (stopping when it gets too gold-expensive).

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The current challenge rift is also possibly the easiest one I've seen yet.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I have gambled level 1 drops every season it has been an option, and too date, I've never got a legendary from my initial 400 shards.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dameius posted:

I have gambled level 1 drops every season it has been an option, and too date, I've never got a legendary from my initial 400 shards.

Lol. Are you buying Amulets?

If you've actually gambled 2,000 shards on 25x shard items and never gotten one single item, you're going to be struck by lightning on your way to buy a lottery ticket from a 7-11 that gets hit by a meteor

Vakal
May 11, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you've actually gambled 2,000 shards on 25x shard items and never gotten one single item, you're going to be struck by lightning on your way to buy a lottery ticket from a 7-11 that gets hit by a meteor

Or trying to gamble an item type that doesn't have a unique available in the pool at your character's low level.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
THIS Season i KNOW my Barbarian will finally get a level 1 shield

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is that really so odd to assume? 2000 shards on 25 shard items is only 80 pulls. I've dumped that much mid season in a single sitting and haven't seen anything.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kyrosiris posted:

Is that really so odd to assume? 2000 shards on 25 shard items is only 80 pulls. I've dumped that much mid season in a single sitting and haven't seen anything.

80 pulls on a 10% chance is extremely odd, yes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

80 pulls on a 10% chance is extremely odd, yes.

Maybe I'm just inured to it then because I regularly have streaks that bad with Kadala. :v: I also thought the odds of a leggo from her were lower.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kyrosiris posted:

Maybe I'm just inured to it then because I regularly have streaks that bad with Kadala. :v: I also thought the odds of a leggo from her were lower.

I know I've gone 1,000 without a hit a couple of times, but double that is quite crazy.

Also, how high a GR did you have to clear to get a 2,000 shard capacity??

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

For Crusader, should I gamble for the shield or the bracers? Help a casual decide

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

thechalkoutline posted:

For Crusader, should I gamble for the shield or the bracers? Help a casual decide

Well, the Bracers give Wrath back, which is nice, but for the 1-70 grind I think bonus damage is more fun and expedient. Note that with shields, you're 50/50 on getting the Crusader shield that buffs blessed hammers, and getting the Regular shield that buffs Sweep Attack.

But with Condemn(Vacuum), you can use either Blessed Hammer or Sweep Attack to great success.

I say gamble shields!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

When the h*ck does the season start?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fayez Butts posted:

When the h*ck does the season start?

January 18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I pull up the gamble table and figure out what I should target because it will drop at level 1, and go roll the dice. And every season I've walked away with nothing. This season I am starting monk and will do boots, then bracers if I get a hit.

During a season, the longest dry spell I can remember off hand with Kadala was ~4k shards.

On average, my first primal usually drops after 6-800 legendaries, too. So it'll be nice to have one guaranteed on the first night this time. A shame it'll be a puzzle ring though.

I've never had a high good luck season start, though the other people in my regular group always tend to have good to average luck, so I am just convinced that RNJesus is punishing me for my sins (of playing a lot of hours of vanilla).