Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I like Nancy’s dunking as much as the next sicko, but subpoenaing his tax returns when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1086301380334272512?s=21

Sparing little baby Hitler to own the libs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I like Nancy’s dunking as much as the next sicko, but subpoenaing his tax returns when?
I dunno they're probably making everything proper and whatnot. Though it seems like they should have had that drafted up months ago.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

If you could choose to kill him as an infant or during his time serving during WWI which would you choose

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1OC2D3

Apparently the House Ways and Means are working out a plan. They expect the administration to slow roll the hell out of it.

All we're going to get in the near future is some snark about how the might as well send over the returns as long as they are illegally calling up IRS employees in to process refunds.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Why would they want to kill their ideal leader?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Casimir Radon posted:

I dunno they're probably making everything proper and whatnot. Though it seems like they should have had that drafted up months ago.

A weird thing I didn't realize: there have been zero hearings in the House so far. Committee assignments have just been finalized, which is why subpoenas haven't been flying yet. Every day feels like a week and every week a month, but we're still in the time when Congress is institutionally sorting itself out and putting together the committees with that subpoena power.

That's probably part of the reason Pelosi wanted to do that trip now. It's early and not much is going on because new members are still figuring poo poo out.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

If you could choose to kill him as an infant or during his time serving during WWI which would you choose

Is killing hitler early really worth getting a Chronosphere and having Chicago get nuked

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bolow posted:

Is killing hitler early really worth getting a Chronosphere and having Chicago get nuked

I'm waiting to hear the downsides

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If you could time travel you wouldn’t need to kill baby hitler. Just wait until WW1 and he’s in a field hospital and inject dirty trench water into his veins.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/stat...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Again?? Some weatherman got fired for this a week ago.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

"fell down the stairs"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

M_Gargantua posted:

Ben shapiro?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I haven't seen the video but considering the fact that calling him that is a pretty common racist catchphrase it really seems like the kind of mistake that could only happen if you were frequently saying it in conversation.

A heated gaming moment of sorts.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

Chicago owns, gently caress off.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"baby hitler did nothing wrong" - college republican leprechaun

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Seems to be a bit of a pattern lately. Weird how that keeps happening.

Or if I'm feeling even more cynical it's closeted KKK gently caress sticks that want 15 minutes of fame from saying it, saying "No I didn't say that stop looking for racism where it doesn't exist you real-racist" and then riding the persecution complex wignnut gravy train to dolla dolla bills and a spot in the right wing media circus grift machine.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

facialimpediment posted:

A weird thing I didn't realize: there have been zero hearings in the House so far. Committee assignments have just been finalized, which is why subpoenas haven't been flying yet. Every day feels like a week and every week a month, but we're still in the time when Congress is institutionally sorting itself out and putting together the committees with that subpoena power.

That's probably part of the reason Pelosi wanted to do that trip now. It's early and not much is going on because new members are still figuring poo poo out.

They have to run through the boring bureaucratic steps right now. They're sending out letters like this one asking agencies to give them document dumps on the sketchy poo poo the administration's been doing for the past couple of years. It'll be a couple of weeks at least until the agencies start sending stuff in. The ones that are open anyway.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cohen is one of the first scheduled to testify, and he's not going on until February 7th.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
https://twitter.com/tripgabriel/status/1086286431658496000

I can see this in my mind. This is perfect.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The source is definitely biased but I believe it

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

He’s right though. You don’t kill Baby Hitler, you kill both of his parents so there’s zero chance of them spawning another one.

QED.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Real question hat just occurred to me: How does the shutdown affect Mueller's investigation?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It does not, they have a special appropriation. *some* of their staff are outside contractors from biglaw and there might be a delay in paying invoices though.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

RFC2324 posted:

I'd miss Sue and their planetarium.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:eyepop:

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

my kinda ape posted:

I haven't seen the video but considering the fact that calling him that is a pretty common racist catchphrase it really seems like the kind of mistake that could only happen if you were frequently saying it in conversation.

A heated gaming moment of sorts.

If it’s the same clip that Howard Stern played I think Robin said the same thing as you. But a caller did have a reasonable explanation, he skips the “ing” in King and the J in Junior. “Martin Luther Kunior” seems possible when your talking fast or your brain and mouth have some desync. Stopping to correct yourself right after saying it probably made it sound worse though.

But who knows maybe this dude just wanted to gain cred with his klan buddies...I haven’t read anything about colleagues coming to his defense. He made some reply on Facebook after he got fired about how he just spoke wrong I think.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That's not even the funniest part about this,

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1086281090392907777

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NJersey posted:

If it’s the same clip that Howard Stern played I think Robin said the same thing as you. But a caller did have a reasonable explanation, he skips the “ing” in King and the J in Junior. “Martin Luther Kunior” seems possible when your talking fast or your brain and mouth have some desync. Stopping to correct yourself right after saying it probably made it sound worse though.

But who knows maybe this dude just wanted to gain cred with his klan buddies...I haven’t read anything about colleagues coming to his defense. He made some reply on Facebook after he got fired about how he just spoke wrong I think.

:frogout:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

NJersey posted:

Yeah if you just remove the martin and and shift the letters around in king and make the k silent it spells nig then snag the e and the r from luther and it's really easy to see how you'd make this mistake when you are nervous on the air right hahaha.

no racism here just a common grammatical error guys!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

DoktorLoken posted:

Adding Chicago Style pizza rules.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Syrian Lannister posted:

Adding Chicago Style pizza rules.

False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaA5dNFrFMI

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah if you just remove the martin and and shift the letters around in king and make the k silent it spells nig then snag the e and the r from luther and it's really easy to see how you'd make this mistake when you are nervous on the air right hahaha.

no racism here just a common grammatical error guys!

lol

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Just having a normal one today

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086252588088082432

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahhahahaha

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I remember that movie plot. It wasn't very good.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's not even a good racist meme, it's an old callback to border bullshit back in 2004 and the "reporter" was the head of some racist anti-immigration organization. He's playing the hits but can't remember how to play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NJersey posted:

Oh look it's, exactly what I said the "controversy" would start off as.

Shocking. This is my shocked face. See how shocked I am?

You gonna run with this one to its conclusion or stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt they no longer deserve?