Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

They won't, but the networks should just deny him time, not because they have any objections, but because his ratings suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Guze posted:

They won't, but the networks should just deny him time, not because they have any objections, but because his ratings suck.

Its 3 pm on a Saturday who the gently caress will even be paying attention?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its 3 pm on a Saturday who the gently caress will even be paying attention?

Us :negative:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guze posted:

Fucker ain't preempting college basketball on a Saturday afternoon. It will be on the cable channels.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1086417901438017536

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1086419880025284608

Yeah uh, maybe time to fire literally loving everyone who was involved in this. Stick to Top 10 Lists you loving idiots.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

His posture there is begging to be pasted into thousands of other photos.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Giant Meteor/Baby Hitler 2020

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

McConnell still has a stranglehold on the Senate. Even for this administration this is a tremendous waste of breath.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah uh, maybe time to fire literally loving everyone who was involved in this. Stick to Top 10 Lists you loving idiots.

Wait, what? So the whole thing was fake?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dare I dream.

https://twitter.com/_I_care___/status/1085575511823273984

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Guze posted:

Surely this is because they denied him more primetime. Saturday afternoon is throwaway time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alarm bells should have been ringing over how it had been nearly 24 hours and not a single other news agency was able to independently corroborate Buzzfeeds story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well, poo poo. Chuds are going to be cocky this weekend.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It will ultimately depend on how big the discrepancy is. In the article, they did say they reached out to the Special Council’s office and they declined to comment. It’s a little odd to do that and now comment retroactively.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1086423275717226496?s=19

RIP buzzfeed / that guy

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Alarm bells should have been ringing over how it had been nearly 24 hours and not a single other news agency was able to independently corroborate Buzzfeeds story.

I remember CNN was very reluctant to run with it because of this.

Jason Leopold's career is most likely over though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious all day that this story was sketchy. Democrats were hedging their bets. Mainstream media kept pointing out how they couldn't corroborate it. Then Buzzfeed sent out those odd contradictory statements about whether they'd actually seen the documents. I wasn't exactly expecting Mueller's people to come out and kill it but it seemed like something we had to drop until Buzzfeed or someone else backed up.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

LegendaryFrog posted:

It will ultimately depend on how big the discrepancy is. In the article, they did say they reached out to the Special Council’s office and they declined to comment. It’s a little odd to do that and now comment retroactively.

Yeah, it could be they didn't wait long enough for them to respond before going to print, but iirc the article says they declined comment, not that they didn't respond.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it seemed pretty obvious all day that this story was sketchy. Democrats were hedging their bets. Mainstream media kept pointing out how they couldn't corroborate it. Then Buzzfeed sent out those odd contradictory statements about whether they'd actually seen the documents. I wasn't exactly expecting Mueller's people to come out and kill it but it seemed like something we had to drop until Buzzfeed or someone else backed up.

Pelosi and Schumer didn't put out a statement did they?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Really is pathetic how quickly these things are just immediately accepted as truth by oh so many hangers-on. This didn't register a blip with me today, and I have to admit, I was reading this thread at work today just waiting for this very thing, the hard, cold dose of reality to smack everyone in the face once more and ruin everybody's fun. This is the Hell Timeline. No easy outs for any of this poo poo. I don't say this to say I told you so, I don't say it to say nothing matters. I say it without joy of any kind. I say it as a cynic, convinced that we're simply in a time where Better Angels, so quickly adopted and believed in by the masses, have been revealed to be dead and gone long ago while we were all looking the other direction. Oh, I count myself among those multitudes, I figured we were better than this too. I was in a bubble of ignorant white privilege, and was wrong. This is America. No easy ways out.

I said it earlier in the thread, and in previous threads, but anyone waiting for the Mueller deus ex machina to come in and "march Trump off in cuffs" (an actual loving quote I see all the time on #Resistance Twitter) and save the rest of us is believing in Santa Claus, dragons and the loving Easter Bunny. Fools, all. It ain't gonna happen. And stories like these have the intended effect: driving clicks and views and stirring the pot. Which is why we have Trump to begin with. Welcome to the Hell Timeline.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

guess they didnt hire smart people with their click bait money. gently caress these assholes. hope buzzfeed sinks.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
George Bush can deliver a loving pallet of rent money, the murdering bastard.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/paxthedog/status/1086219265139724289

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Pelosi and Schumer didn't put out a statement did they?

I didn't hear anything from them. I heard like Schiff and Castro and others but they all seemed to be carefully handling it as "if this is true". They seemed to be VERY carefully handling it as more time passed, which was a huge red flag for me.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I had a funny feeling that story was too good to be true.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VH4Ever posted:

Really is pathetic how quickly these things are just immediately accepted as truth by oh so many hangers-on. This didn't register a blip with me today, and I have to admit, I was reading this thread at work today just waiting for this very thing, the hard, cold dose of reality to smack everyone in the face once more and ruin everybody's fun. This is the Hell Timeline. No easy outs for any of this poo poo. I don't say this to say I told you so, I don't say it to say nothing matters. I say it without joy of any kind. I say it as a cynic, convinced that we're simply in a time where Better Angels, so quickly adopted and believed in by the masses, have been revealed to be dead and gone long ago while we were all looking the other direction. Oh, I count myself among those multitudes, I figured we were better than this too. I was in a bubble of ignorant white privilege, and was wrong. This is America. No easy ways out.

I said it earlier in the thread, and in previous threads, but anyone waiting for the Mueller deus ex machina to come in and "march Trump off in cuffs" (an actual loving quote I see all the time on #Resistance Twitter) and save the rest of us is believing in Santa Claus, dragons and the loving Easter Bunny. It ain't gonna happen. And stories like these have the intended effect: driving clicks and views and stirring the pot. Which is why we have Trump to begin with. Welcome to the Hell Timeline.

i still think trump is hosed just because of all the other horrible corrupt/gross poo poo plus maybe mueller but yeah.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dapper_Swindler posted:

guess they didnt hire smart people with their click bait money. gently caress these assholes. hope buzzfeed sinks.

Even Woodward and Bernstein hosed up a scoop during Watergate, its literally the climax of All The President's Men

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Also didn't Cohen confirm the report earlier today? What's up with that?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Hm, yeah that would explain why CNN hedged real hard on the BuzzFeed report this morning. Leopold has burned people before with his shoddy reporting, they didn't want to get burned again.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't hear anything from them. I heard like Schiff and Castro and others but they all seemed to be carefully handling it as "if this is true". They seemed to be VERY carefully handling it as more time passed, which was a huge red flag for me.

And honestly, save the receipts on this poo poo. Those in the MSM quick to signal boost it and whip up on it without casting the requisite doubt? Add them to the loving list, and kick them off the island. Anyone not casting HUGE amounts of doubt on this poo poo today is suspect as all hell, IMO.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Maybe it's "not accurate" because it's much worse???

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

And honestly, save the receipts on this poo poo. Those in the MSM quick to signal boost it and whip up on it without casting the requisite doubt? Add them to the loving list, and kick them off the island. Anyone not casting HUGE amounts of doubt on this poo poo today is suspect as all hell, IMO.

Then I guess Lawrence O'Donnell is about to be eaten by sharks, because he jumped on this train last night.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

AhhYes posted:

As far as I know he and Lanny Davis refused to comment on it.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

AhhYes posted:

You know I feel like this has to be pointed out a lot, but what the hell, I'll do it again. Maybe trusting someone being marched off to federal prison for lying his rear end off......isn't the most trustworthy source for....anything? Unless he's telling you poo poo while under oath and even then! Funny thing about proven liars...

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Maybe I'm mistaken but wernt half the initial reactions we knew this already from public things?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

SirPablo posted:

(I'm skipping some pages...)

Meanwhile in Tempe, AZ (Phoenix metro), a 14 year old was breaking into a car in the afternoon. He took off, apparently had a gun (was an airsoft). Of course he was killed by the cops.

Hey so is there a way to spoiler that execution of a child?

thx

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CPColin posted:

Maybe it's "not accurate" because it's much worse???

I don't think the universe likes us that much.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Well, I really didn't think it would finally matter, but I didn't think it would anti-matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Also photoshopped some of his fat rear end and belly away