Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Cardiovorax posted:

Alright, then. Just wouldn't want you to get in trouble over your employer deciding to push a job on the foreigner that they're not allowed to do and don't know the local law well enough to question. It happens.

Definitely had that happen before, but I swear that this is normal. Spain is really loose about stuff. But I do appreciate your concern and advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Alright then!

And now I gotta go hit up my mother for funny stories so I can actually post something on-topic. She's a kindergarten caretaker, she ought to have plenty.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Alterian posted:

I was watching tv and a character called another character a slut. My six year old misheard and exclaimed loudly. "She called her a slug!" Yes. Yes she did.

Funnily enough I just saw a comic about the exact opposite situation from somebody on tumblr whose mom speaks English as a second language

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I had diarrhea at a public restroom last month and I heard a little girl in the next stall over say "mama, something smells delicious!" and I have been emotionally scarred ever since.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I was supervising the first graders changing for swimming class when a very sweet little girl invited me to smell her stinky underwear. I politely declined. She then told me that all the boys are very naughty except for God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. It was the weirdest conversation I have ever had with a naked person.
My four year old, slamming the bathroom door I my face: “I need privacy”
My four year old, ten minutes later: *is doing naked handstand splits*

But seriously, teaching appropriate behavior without shaming is actually hard. “Why do I have to wear underwear.” Uhhhhh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Context is a helluva thing, and kids dont have it so we just have to be careful i guess

In 7th-ish grade (early 90s), my gymteacher used to walk naked through the room where we were changing, apparently better to shower with us instead of the designated adult room... after a couple weeks it got kinda old tbh

if my son or daughter had a teacher who did that today i would call the police

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

Context is a helluva thing, and kids dont have it so we just have to be careful i guess

In 7th-ish grade (early 90s), my gymteacher used to walk naked through the room where we were changing, apparently better to shower with us instead of the designated adult room... after a couple weeks it got kinda old tbh

if my son or daughter had a teacher who did that today i would call the police

In one of my schools in the 1980s the changing rooms were bully head quarters. Ugly stuff happened there on a weekly basis. Including things that would have been classed as sexual assault today. I would have loved for there to have been a teacher present at all times, nude or not, instead of having to deal with bullies while being naked and body shamed. The "answer" to the bully problem was to talk my family into letting me go to boarding school for one year.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

goddamn.

fwiw you didnt miss out. us kids bullied each other weirdly & sexually too, just only when the naked teacher wasnt around

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That's hosed up and makes me glad that shared after-gym showers just aren't a thing here.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
One student convinced those around him that "anus" is a bad word in Hebrew.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

RandomFerret posted:

Funnily enough I just saw a comic about the exact opposite situation from somebody on tumblr whose mom speaks English as a second language

Source?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sweeperbravo posted:

One student convinced those around him that "anus" is a bad word in Hebrew.

Like, the Hebrew word for anus is seen as a bad word, or the English word anus means something naughty in Hebrew?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

http://meterapix.tumblr.com/post/125045590789/so-english-isnt-my-moms-first-language-and-today

I hope you appreciate this, it turns out that it's not easy to find a relevant post on tumblr when you are searching for the words "slut" and "step on"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Today a patient's granddaughter came to visit him, and she brought a Get Well balloon for him from the gift shop. She proceeded to tell me all about how the balloon's name was Sassy and she had 'flower makeup' on and liked to dance.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Like, the Hebrew word for anus is seen as a bad word, or the English word anus means something naughty in Hebrew?

I think the latter. The child does not speak Hebrew and kept saying "in Jewish." An actual Jewish kid involved in the conversation neither confirmed nor denied the claim, and seemed interested and amused at the prospect.

This came up because hours earlier we had read a book about the planets.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I work in a kindergarten and last week I made a kid really upset. I told her that the adults leaves the kindergarten at the end of the day, she then objected that that makes the kindergarten really sad.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
Oh God, my heart :cry:

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Alhazred posted:

I work in a kindergarten and last week I made a kid really upset. I told her that the adults leaves the kindergarten at the end of the day, she then objected that that makes the kindergarten really sad.

Oh no!! Tell this child about the nice security dog keeping the kindergarten company at night!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Nova has not been feeling so well but asked that I make a "wrasslin video" with her. We sometimes trade headlocks and she gives me armdrags and stuff. Today, she wanted to "wrassle" but wasnt willing to get off the bed and just said "Do the big kick! BabyKicker!" so that's what we did.

You can hear end of my "ready" just as filming begins.

I know its silly but Nova thinks its hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU_CKgkx9QU

*no babies were kicked in the making of this video.

edit: NOW she wants to make a crawlspace video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0nFMZ-UyQ
Final Crawlspace Update

Beer_Suitcase has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Jan 22, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm loving dying at the babykicker.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Small children sometimes love wrestling moves. I have chokeslam my youngest nephew every time I see him. :3:

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

If Vine was still around Babykicker would be an instant classic.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Welcome to another edition of Why are my students crying? today's prizes are a loaf of bread, an eraser, and a couple of aspirin for me!

A was crying because "Y touched gluten and then she touched me!" Y was crying for obvious reasons. A does not have celiac.

M was crying because G drew on his paper. This was after insisting that he wanted to work with G on his drawing project and that they wanted to share the paper.

Y started crying again because she drew the same sun as everyone else and they told her SHE was copying. Then she drew her own drat sun and the other girls copied. This was apparently fine with everyone.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I don’t understand how this game show works. You appear to have provided us with the answers already. How do I win the bread? I like bread.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

I don’t understand how this game show works. You appear to have provided us with the answers already. How do I win the bread? I like bread.

Well, here's the problem with the bread:

1. The bread can be used for many things. For example, a powder compact, a blunt weapon, a Frisbee, or a tissue. However, you may not actually eat the bread.

2. If you are sitting at a table, and the bread is next to you, you MUST stand up and steal the breadbasket from the OPPOSITE end of the table, bonus points for hitting the Girl Who Always Cries in the head as you do so. This will ensure that her piercing shriek of injustice and despair effectively horrifies the others so much that you get at least twenty seconds before they realize the bread is also gone.

3. If you do get your hands on some bread, I'm probably just going to take it away (see point 1).

But, okay, I'll make it harder:

G3 is crying hysterically. G2 is doing a dance that is largely dabbing. G4 is ripping up his worksheets and calling everyone mierda and maricon. G1 is angry because she is not allowed to cut the ears off her stuffed animal. Why is G3 crying?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

well first you take G3 across the river with the bread, and then

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

G3 wanted to cut the stuffed ears off too

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

well first you take G3 across the river with the bread, and then

But then I will have no one to play air guitar during class, and I wouldn't enjoy myself half as much.

Krankenstyle posted:

G3 wanted to cut the stuffed ears off too

Wrong! Well, probably right, but that's not why he was crying.

How is this not completely obvious? He was crying because G2 kept dancing! Duh!

BONUS ROUND:
Everyone is reading books in the bathroom during recess. G4 is sitting with them, but scream-crying with his mouth open. G2 explains that G4 read 25 books in one day and G4 screams that it was a surprise. Can you guess what on earth the actual problem is?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
G2 ruined the surprise?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

BattyKiara posted:

G2 ruined the surprise?

Close! Actually, the problem was A, who quite rightly pointed out that G4 didn't actually read anything. G4 is EBD and naturally this led to an almighty tantrum.

I just spent an hour with the four-year-olds. In a way, they're easier, although three of them told me they didn't like my hair.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

G4 is ripping up his worksheets and calling everyone mierda and maricon.

One fun thing about working with bilingual kids is that you learn new cursewords, I now know how to say "sisterfucker" and "bitch" in urdu for example.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Is sisterfucker less or more severe than motherfucker?

My guess is more.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

My guess is more.

*Insert bhabi joke here*

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Oh, I was subbing in PK4 today (everyone has the flu, and our school doesn't have substitutes) and a girl said she had to tell me a secret. I said okay, because you never know when you might need blackmail material.

She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "My daddy does a BIG poo-poo EVERY DAY."

He's very tall, I don't doubt it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Me, giving a sentence dictation for the kids to write down: "'Can you do a back flip?'"
Kid 1: The REAL question is, can YOU do a back flip, Mrs. Bravo???
Me: Actually the REAL question is, can YOU finish writing this sentence before it's time to leave?
Kid 2: *does that really hard, spit-take kind of laugh* That was a really good joke.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

My guess is more.

I know that it's much more severe to call someone bitch In urdu. I also learned that "lol" means "penis".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

One time a kid got really upset when the other kids called him a tadpole. Which is understandable because Norwegian wasn't his first language and the Norwegian word for tadpole is 'rear end troll'. So I had to carefully explain that the other kids did not think that he was a literal rear end troll and show him pictures of tadpoles.

Alhazred has a new favorite as of 15:23 on Jan 24, 2019

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

And sometimes you have to explain that it is not okay to scream 'DEATH TO ISRAEL'.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Alhazred posted:

And sometimes you have to explain that it is not okay to scream 'DEATH TO ISRAEL'.

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

The sequel to Babykicker has arrived!

DADDY KICKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ-Ik8fUn2s